GVGjr
05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Ins:

Everitt
Welsh

Outs:

Harbrow - Did nothing wrong
Toss of the coin - Did nothing wrong

Based on what I have seen at Williamstown Welsh has to come in.

Given Rockets track record for picking injured players each week that have no chance of actually playing I suspect Jordon Roughead to be selected but not actually play this week. ;)

bulldogtragic
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Based on what I have seen at Williamstown Welsh has to come in.

Given Rockets track record for picking injured players each week that have no chance of actually playing I suspect Jordon Roughead to be selected but not actually play this week. ;)
Selecting O'Shea a tad too obvious?

Mofra
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
In: Welsh

Out: Cooney

Clearly not 100%, seemed like alot more than just match fitness lacking this week. We will need him come September.

GVGjr
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Selecting O'Shea a tad too obvious?

Yes, because he is on the LT injury list :)

comrade
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Agree with Gary, Welsh has to come in. He is cherry ripe and will help our forward structure, which broke down at times today.

One of Everitt or Tiller may come in also - we seemed to lack a bit of run of HB without them.

Very tough to pick who to leave out though.

Stevo
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM

I'm not sure why he persists with that BS, he's been doing it for years and it fools no one.

bulldogtragic
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Yes, because he is on the LT injury list :)
Precisely my point, but why should that stop Eade spinning a line to the media... :)

bulldogtragic
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
As an aside, please tell me when was the last time (in your memory) we had this level of player depth. With the ndpeth only set to improve.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Tigers don't really have any big forwards aside from Richardson/Riewoldt though? I would of thought the Lake/Williams combination (along with Morris) would be enough. Bringing in Everitt/Tiller seems a little pointless.

As said previously though, we need to strengthen our forward half and so Welsh must come in. Today we really missed him & Murph to provide targets.

Ward to be dropped IMO. Little unlucky and although he won a few hardballs today, he turned it over at a few crucial points in the game. His lack of awareness hurt us and Rocket wasn't too pleased, apparently. That being said - it's still very unlucky but we really need to get Welsh back into the lineup.

IN: Welsh
OUT: Ward

Happy Days
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Out: Cooney

Clearly not 100%, seemed like alot more than just match fitness lacking this week. We will need him come September.

Spot on.

It's too big a risk to play him, as the only thing that will come of it is further damage. If even just for a slight rest, he shouldn't line up this week.

As for other changes, I think Everitt will come back in for extra cover on Richo/Riewoldt/Schultz, as he can also provide a bit of dash going the other way.

In:
Welsh
Everitt

Out:
Cooney
Harbrow (stiff, but was 22nd best this week)

The Coon Dog
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Tigers don't really have any big forwards aside from Richardson/Riewoldt though?

Schultz is about the right size for Tiller or Everitt, but I can't see them getting in.

Out: Ward

hujsh
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Tigers don't really have any big forwards aside from Richardson/Riewoldt though? I would of thought the Lake/Williams combination (along with Morris) would be enough. Bringing in Everitt/Tiller seems a little pointless.

As TCD said there is Schultz and maybe Morton (don't know how tall he is)

AndrewP6
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Cooney out?? That's no way to get game time into his legs...unless he's hurting, leave him in I say... Ward out, Welsh in... I like Ward, but he made some errors today, and I don't think did enough to keep a spot... We looked a bit wayward at times today, and I think Welsh up forward could change that... also think Everitt in the backline could provide some HB run... Harbrow to make way...again, I like him a lot, but not sure he earned his place...

comrade
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM

Lake to Schultz, Williams to Richo, Morris to Morton, Hargrave to Riewoldt? I'd actually prefer Shaggy to play smaller than that and bring in one of Tiller and Everitt, to give us some dash.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Morton = 186cm (Schultz & Riewoltd 193)

Bring Welshy in if he's ready..for Harby/Ward (no reason of course)
Otherwise no change I think..cant see Cooney coming out, even if hes not 100%

ledge
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Cooney got a knock to the hip today looked very lethagic after it and a decent hobble, he might have next week off.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Welsh in, Picken out, played a blinder first up but we may be viewing his game through rose coloured glasses because it was his debut, we will see him again, very impressive. Callan?

bornadog
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
In

Welsh

Skipper

Out

Minson
Cooney (injury)

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Out

Minson
Cooney (injury)

Can i ask why Minson? I thought throughout the day he did very well..had a bit of speed to him and took a couple of nice grabs..think theres quite a few ahead of him if you look at todays performances..

azabob
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
In

Welsh

Skipper

Out

Minson
Cooney (injury)

I was thinking on the way home, when do we give up on the Minson playing forward? He gets his hands to the ball a lot but still does not hold his marks.
Can Minson play in the team just as the second ruckman?

strebla
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
In

Welsh

Skipper

Out

Minson
Cooney (injury)

According to all reports Skipper did not do much yesterday and for him to replace Minson will not happen.

in Welsh

out Harbrow

Bumper Bulldogs
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Hard to see any changes outside of Cooney, he clearly got a knee to the thigh, and i'd like to see Picken get a second crack under the roof on a dry ground.

In would be Welsh or Everitt

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
It often hard to change a winning combination, but Rocket will make changes to get the right match-ups, so, I believe the following may happen:

Welsh for Ward (unlucky)
- will release our stand-in forwards up the ground and provide a hard leading forward.

Skipper for Minson (again unlucky)
- unable to take grabs when needed, when one-on-one the ball hits the ground - easily cleared. Skipper could provide mobility around the ground if Richardson is given a run on the ball.

Less likely:
Everitt for Harbrow or Picken
- provides a taller backman.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Welsh in for Ward - we could have done with him today.

Picken to act as a tagger on King?

Callan in for Harbrow

Bulldog4life
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
It often hard to change a winning combination, but Rocket will make changes to get the right match-ups, so, I believe the following may happen:

Welsh for Ward (unlucky)
- will release our stand-in forwards up the ground and provide a hard leading forward.

- unable to take grabs when needed, when one-on-one the ball hits the ground - easily cleared. Skipper could provide mobility around the ground if Richardson is given a run on the ball.

Less likely:
Everitt for Harbrow or Picken
- provides a taller backman.

Keeping in mind that we won the first week too by 10 goals I don't think that Rocket will hesitate to change the team if he believes it is the right thing to do.

I remember before the season started Rocket saying something along the lines of wanting a strong "squad of players" that he can choose from on a game by game basis depending on injuries of course but also based on weekly match ups with the opposition and just resting some players too.

It will be interesting to see this philosophy develop during the season.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Picken to act as a tagger on King?

Why would you put tagger on the BP player that can't kick?

bornadog
06-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Picken to Delidio

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Ernie, they are really all BPs who can't kick.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Anyone else a bit concerned with this game? They gave Geelong a run for their money, and nearly beat us last year

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 10:50 AM
No.

They set themselves after a week embarassment. Geelong played poorly and with injuries.

If we bring our A game or B game, then we should 'round 1' them.

aker39
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I have never wanted to win a Home & Away game more than what I do this week.

lemmon
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Sorry if i missed something but wasnt Murph pushing for round 1, how far away is he?

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry if i missed something but wasnt Murph pushing for round 1, how far away is he?
Round 4 or 5 possibly, in via Willy.

lemmon
06-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Round 4 or 5 possibly, in via Willy.

Ok thanks mate

soupman
06-04-2009, 11:51 AM

Nope. I thought Minson wasn't bad, and Skipper doesn't really offer much more.

Minson only got passed to a few times, and did pretty well considering the quality of the passes. He took a nice mark on the half-forward flank, and when he got it he used it well. As for those marks he "dropped", most of them required him to make a massive stretch whilst running to just touch them, and when you combine this to the fact he always had a defender on his behind looking to stop him marking, and players had been struggling to hold the ball all day because of the wet eather and consequential slipperyness, I think he could be forgiven.

And Skipper couldn't keep up with Richo, I reckon we'd be better off putting Tommygun on him, or possibly look to get a Hargrave to run off him. One from left field could be Cameron Wight, certainly has the running ability and height. Having said that though I wouldn't play him.

The Coon Dog
06-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure why he persists with that BS, he's been doing it for years and it fools no one.

It's not about trying to fool anyone. It's about flexibility depending on the opposition & the make up of their side.

By naming an injured Tim Callan we had the ability of delaying whether we selected Jarrod Harbrow, Andrejs Everitt or Steven Tiller.

Had we named Tiller or Everitt on Thursday, then saw who played for North Ballarat & decided to include Harbrow insted then Tiller/Everitt wouldn't have been able to play for Williamstown without the Bulldogs incurring a fine from the AFL.

Give Rocket a bit of credit here, he would have known that North knew Tim Callan wouldn't have played, but by 1pm Saturday he knew North's 22, therefore he had the luxury of delaying his final selection.

aker39
06-04-2009, 12:12 PM
It's not about trying to fool anyone. It's about flexibility depending on the opposition & the make up of their side.

By naming an injured Tim Callan we had the ability of delaying whether we selected Jarrod Harbrow, Andrejs Everitt or Steven Tiller.

Had we named Tiller or Everitt on Thursday, then saw who played for North Ballarat & decided to include Harbrow insted then Tiller/Everitt wouldn't have been able to play for Williamstown without the Bulldogs incurring a fine from the AFL.

Give Rocket a bit of credit here, he would have known that North knew Tim Callan wouldn't have played, but by 1pm Saturday he knew North's 22, therefore he had the luxury of delaying his final selection.

Not quite sure I understand TCD.

Surely he has more flexibility by naming 4 players that might play, rather than 3 players that might play and one that certainly won't.

The Coon Dog
06-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Not quite sure I understand TCD.

Surely he has more flexibility by naming 4 players that might play, rather than 3 players that might play and one that certainly won't.

Quite the opposite the A39.

If we named our 4 interchange on Friday without Tim Callan, then we would have had to guess at that time who we played out of Harbrow, Everitt or Tiller.

By naming an injured Callan, it gave us the flexibility to get our match ups correct.

Remember North Ballarat played at 1pm on Saturday so we knew then who was in for North Melbourne. We didn't on Friday when we had to advise the league of our final 22.

aker39
06-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Remember North Ballarat played at 1pm on Saturday so we knew then who was in for North Melbourne. We didn't on Friday when we had to advise the league of our final 22.

But Willy also played Saturday and therefore we had to finalise our team then.

Are you saying it had to do with the one hour difference between start times for our VFL teams.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I said this to a few already, I'd think of debuting Grant this week. Its only Richmond, and can he play off half forward leading up.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I said this to a few already, I'd think of debuting Grant this week. Its only Richmond, and can he play off half forward leading up.

Good thinking, but for whom?

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Good thinking, but for whom?

Well I don't see a match up worthy for Picken. Its harsh but so were this weeks ommisions.
Welsh for Cooney - he isn't right.

GVGjr
06-04-2009, 07:37 PM

After seeing him on the weekend, this appeals to me a lot more than it did 2 weeks ago. If we are to play him then the next 2 weeks is the right time before Murphy gets back. Welsh has to come back though.

BulldogBelle
06-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Well I don't see a match up worthy for Picken. Its harsh but so were this weeks ommisions.
Welsh for Cooney - he isn't right.

Cooney isnt right

Heard on MMM that he got a corkie on Sunday, which would only be a 1-2 week injury at worth, anyhow he got on with the game agter some treatment

If his got a problem with the area that he was operated on over summer (cant remember if it was a knee or groin) then he may need a rest

Welsh for Ward or Harbrow

bulldog
06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
In Welsh
Out Harbrow but does not deserve to be dropped we do need a target up there this week
By the way any ideas when we train this week hopefully friday or sat morning

mighty_west
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
In - Welsh, Grant
Out - Harbrow, Ward / Cooney if not fit

Far too many times we went forward to no structure, Welsh is a no brainer, and with Murph still out, it's a good time to debut young Grant.

Mantis
06-04-2009, 09:58 PM
In - Welsh, Grant

Far too many times we went forward to no structure, Welsh is a no brainer, and with Murph still out, it's a good time to debut young Grant.

Yet the week before we kicked 25 goals with pretty much the same structure.

comrade
06-04-2009, 10:09 PM
In - Welsh, Grant

From listening to Rocket on the couch, Grant won't get a look in for a while. Physically not ready.

Rocco Jones
06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
From listening to Rocket on the couch, Grant won't get a look in for a while. Physically not ready.

Yep. With his current physique he would have to play as a flanker/lead up target and I don't think his ability to dispose of the ball is up to standard.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 11:31 PM
I understand if Eade says it, but if the reasoning is lack of leg speed then I doubt he'll get a game all year which goes against the expected say 5 games from him.
Its only Richmond we are playing and we need to debut at some stage.

bornadog
06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I understand if Eade says it, but if the reasoning is lack of leg speed then I doubt he'll get a game all year which goes against the expected say 5 games from him.
Its only Richmond we are playing and we need to debut at some stage.

Exactly and they don't have a backline, no real KPP down there.

mjp
07-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Clearly I am biased, but I dont understand the calls for Ward to be omitted. He was in the centre square in the last quarter with the game on the line and got his hands on it...if it is all about the incident when he played on from half-back in the 3rd quarter, then the world has gone mad. He tried to play on and move the ball quickly, it didn't work, big deal.

I just dont understand.

Sockeye Salmon
07-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Clearly I am biased, but I dont understand the calls for Ward to be omitted. He was in the centre square in the last quarter with the game on the line and got his hands on it...if it is all about the incident when he played on from half-back in the 3rd quarter, then the world has gone mad. He tried to play on and move the ball quickly, it didn't work, big deal.

I just dont understand.

The clown next to me (not Ernie, I meant the other side of me) went beserk at this.

He was continually screaming out "slow down, take your time!". If he had it his way we would have never scored!

The Underdog
07-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Well I don't see a match up worthy for Picken. Its harsh but so were this weeks ommisions.Welsh for Cooney - he isn't right.

A match up worthy of him? He's not Cameron Ling yet.
I understand what you mean though. There isn't real natural matchup for him. The players worth tagging for the Tiges are Deledio who I think would be too quick off the mark and too good overhead for Picken or Brown who I think would be too smart down forward.

So I'd say Welsh for Picken and maybe one of Tiller or Everitt for Harbrow depending on match ups.

LostDoggy
07-04-2009, 08:31 AM
The clown next to me (not Ernie, I meant the other side of me) went beserk at this.

I wonder why I spilt coffee on you?

Ozza
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM

He was continually screaming out "slow down, take your time!". If he had it his way we would have never scored!

You're spot on. People have got to realise that that is how we play. We play on, we get it moving, and its not only great to watch, but its suits us and is a major reason why we score so heavily. And if all the players are on the same page with playing on most of the time - it means they can run to the right spots with confidence.

I am liking the amount of time Ward is being given in the middle so far this year. I thought he was good on Sunday - really won some tough ball. Much prefer to have him in the side than eagleton at this stage - if we are to lose a smaller player for Welsh's inclusion.

I absolutely do not agree that Skipper should come in. Someone with Skipper's track record should have to absolutely knock the door down to be selected in the seniors.

bornadog
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM

I just dont understand.

Absolutely agree, see my comments in the Ward thread. Yes the kid got caught a few times, but boy he has guts and great disposal skills and lots of enthusiasm.

mighty_west
07-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Yet the week before we kicked 25 goals with pretty much the same structure.

We played Freo, they are an absolute rabble!

mighty_west
07-04-2009, 12:05 PM

I thought he was saying that after Hird asked a question re: key forwards and when they would be physically ready as a full time thing, rather than actually giving those types a few games for development here & there this season.

Plus don't always believe everything Rocket says, he is the king of ducks & drakes!

Sockeye Salmon
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
You're spot on. People have got to realise that that is how we play. We play on, we get it moving, and its not only great to watch, but its suits us and is a major reason why we score so heavily. And if all the players are on the same page with playing on most of the time - it means they can run to the right spots with confidence.

I am liking the amount of time Ward is being given in the middle so far this year. I thought he was good on Sunday - really won some tough ball. Much prefer to have him in the side than eagleton at this stage - if we are to lose a smaller player for Welsh's inclusion.

I absolutely do not agree that Skipper should come in. Someone with Skipper's track record should have to absolutely knock the door down to be selected in the seniors.

Chipping it around, keeping possession and working your way forward is fine until you get to about 80 metres out and you're confronted with 18 opposition jumpers and nowhere to go.

Rocket Science
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Regarding Picken's status for next weekend; if retained, could he be used on Foley who generates more run than anyone else for those mugs? Early days obviously and one game doesn't maketh the senior stalwart, but if Picken can do regular jobs for us like the one he did on Harvey it'll be nice not to have to sacrifice one of our ball-winning mids for those gigs.

I like Welsh as an 'IN'...he looks ready to roll and I think his class will trouble them...but short of Picken's omission, who gets the chop?

They also generate most of their drive from half back, so you'd argue we ideally need a forward or two who'll chase and harass, and I'm looking in Harbrow's direction.

Cooney could be rested which would open up a spot...but the only other vaguely prospective 'out' could be Ward, but I suspect that's unlikely.

mighty_west
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Regarding Picken's status for next weekend; if retained, could he be used on Foley who generates more run than anyone else for those mugs? Early days obviously and one game doesn't maketh the senior stalwart, but if Picken can do regular jobs for us like the one he did on Harvey it'll be nice not to have to sacrifice one of our ball-winning mids for those gigs.

I like Welsh as an 'IN'...he looks ready to roll and I think his class will trouble them...but short of Picken's omission, who gets the chop?

They also generate most of their drive from half back, so you'd argue we ideally need a forward or two who'll chase and harass, and I'm looking in Harbrow's direction.

Cooney could be rested which would open up a spot...but the only other vaguely prospective 'out' could be Ward, but I suspect that's unlikely.

In reality, any player dropped is extremely unlucky, but, Welsh is in good form and gives us that extra target up forward, fortunatly and TOUCH WOOD, we haven't had too many injury concerns apart from Murphy, and our depth is really starting to show out, which is great for a clubs perspective, but will most likely get a few noses out of join, especially if players are being dropped after playing well in the seniors.

LostDoggy
07-04-2009, 02:49 PM
With a few people suggesting he needs a rest - how about Coon out for an O'Keefe or Reid?

What about putting the Bull Dozer (he was quiet against North, but tore Freo a new arse) in the middle to keep that grunt (even though Coon hasn't spent much time there so far) and bring in a forward?

Mantis
07-04-2009, 02:54 PM
With a few people suggesting he needs a rest - how about Coon out for an O'Keefe or Reid?

What about putting the Bull Dozer (he was quiet against North, but tore Freo a new arse) in the middle to keep that grunt (even though Coon hasn't spent much time there so far) and bring in a forward?

Hahn hasn't got the tank to spend anything but a short time in the midfield.

Jasper
07-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I have never wanted to win a Home & Away game more than what I do this week.

I hear you, it would poetic. Wallet left a group of players he thought were crap and that group is the last team he coaches against. lets smash them by 100 points and watch him get sacked on tuesdays with Terry.

alwaysadog
07-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Spot on.

It's too big a risk to play him

I don't think Eade would do anything to risk his longer term well being. If that's the case he won't play, but my suspicion is that Rocket believes he has something to offer and with perseverance will run into form and fitness.

1eyedog
08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Welsh for Harbrow. Picken to have a crack at Foley. Picken stuck with Boomer last week so if you can stick with Boomer you could also stick with Deliedio. Agreed that Deliedio will trouble him in aerial contests though. Hope he stays in for another crack so we can have a look at him out of the slop.

LostDoggy
08-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Welsh will come in for sure and the out will be the old team balance issue and depends how they think Richmond will line up.

For me i think Harbrow will be the unlucky one

The Pie Man
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I hear you, it would poetic. Wallet left a group of players he thought were crap and that group is the last team he coaches against. lets smash them by 100 points and watch him get sacked on tuesdays with Terry.

I honestly see this week as a real banana skin, we will need to be switched on to get the 4 points, let alone win comfortably (and I think we will be ready - 8 days is a great break)

BUT, just allowing myself to ponder a 10 goal plus hammering of the Tigs for a sweet moment.....might it be Plough's last game in charge?

It would be poetic as you say chief

LostDoggy
11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
anyone know the final make up of the team or is it out later today?

Before I Die
11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Everitt played today for Williamstown. Heard it on SEN. Don't know anything else about who did or didn't play.

comrade
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Everitt played today for Williamstown. Heard it on SEN. Don't know anything else about who did or didn't play.

I went and watched Willy - Tiller didn't play which might mean he's in for Monday. Click here (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4626) to view my report.

LostDoggy
11-04-2009, 03:57 PM
What time is the team finalised?

GVGjr
11-04-2009, 05:15 PM
What time is the team finalised?

Probably has to be in by 5pm

Happy Days
11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Probably has to be in by 5pm

Quarter past 5 and still no teams...SLACK!

Jasper
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
did Murphy play the4 praccy today?

Jasper
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Heard Grant kicked 5 and close to BOG, would like to see him in the team soon

Before I Die
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Heard Grant kicked 5 and close to BOG, would like to see him in the team soon

He was playing against U17's and like all his previous games this year, it was only a practice match. I am also keen to see him debut but let's wait until he has put in some strong performances against men when there are 4 points up for grabs.

Happy Days
11-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Teams are up, apologies if posted elsewhere;

WESTERN BULLDOGS v RICHMOND
Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Josh Hill, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Adam Cooney, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Dylan Addison, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken, Callan Ward
Emg: Andrejs Everitt, Stephen Tiller, Scott Welsh

No change

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, Kelvin Moore, Jake King
HB: Joel Bowden, Luke McGuane, Dean Polo
C: Matt White, Shane Tuck, Daniel Jackson
HF: Nathan Brown, Matthew Richardson, Brett Deledio
F: Mitch Morton, Jack Riewoldt, Richard Tambling
Foll: Troy Simmonds, Tom Hislop, Nathan Foley
I/C: Alex Rance, Jay Schulz, Shane Edwards, Angus Graham
Emg: Robin Nahas, Mark Coughlan, Adam Pattison

In: Tambling
Out: Nahas

Shenanigans loom from the looks of it.

Jasper
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I went and watched Willy - Tiller didn't play which might mean he's in for Monday. Click here (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4626) to view my report.

Mate can't open the thread, can you post your report here?

mjp
11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Mate can't open the thread, can you post your report here?

The thread is fine...but the link doesn't seem to work. Just go straight to it.

There wont be too many changes though. As Everitt and Welsh - both named as emergencies - already played this weekend, it can only be Tiller who might come in.

And it wont be for Harbrow - named in the 18 - and it wont be Gia (named on interchange). I guess it means one of Ward, Addison or Picken will miss out given our standard 'late change' policy.

LostDoggy
11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
How did Welsh play, suprising he wasn't he the goal kickers, did he play a different role?

GVGjr
11-04-2009, 08:06 PM
How did Welsh play, suprising he wasn't he the goal kickers, did he play a different role?Wasn't on the ground for all that long.

AndrewP6
11-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Welsh playing at Willy isn't a good sign, in my view. A premiership player who we could well use can't make the best 22? What's up with that? Is he still not healthy?

GVGjr
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Welsh playing at Willy isn't a good sign, in my view. A premiership player who we could well use can't make the best 22? What's up with that? Is he still not healthy?

He has been in sparkling form the last couple of weeks but I'm guessing that there may be a question mark over his fitness. On form he should have been picked.

LostDoggy
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Any chance that he was rested so that he can play on Monday in a surprise move!

Jasper
11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
can someone post a match report here it's telling me I can't access the thread

AndrewP6
11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Can he play Monday if he's already been in the twos on the weekend? I mean, are there rules against it? I for one hope he's in action Monday.

GVGjr
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
can someone post a match report here it's telling me I can't access the thread

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpost.php?p=76466&postcount=4

Sockeye Salmon
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
And it wont be for Harbrow - named in the 18 - and it wont be Gia (named on interchange). I guess it means one of Ward, Addison or Picken will miss out given our standard 'late change' policy.

Not necessarily.

Someone might not have got up this week, perhaps someone with the initials Adam Cooney?