06-04-2009, 06:20 PM
What for?

comrade
06-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Thug.

But honestly, what a joke.

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Incidental and accidental high contact in the rain and slippery conditions which did not result in any injury - For which the free kick was sufficient.

bornadog
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
What for?

High contact to the head in the last quarter. Running towards a Nth player in our forward line, when the Nth player bent over to pickup the ball, Aker couldn't stop his momentum, or dodge the player and bumped him in the head. No damage, no hurt nothing, juts a plain old free kick and he gets reported.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 06:32 PM
High contact to the head in the last quarter. Running towards a Nth player in our forward line, when the Nth player bent over to pickup the ball, Aker couldn't stop his momentum, or dodge the player and bumped him in the head. No damage, no hurt nothing, juts a plain old free kick and he gets reported.

Ah thanks guys, i do recall that now. They were fumbling due to our pressure, kick went backwards to about 15m out and Aker didn't stop in time. Agree Free kick should have been sufficient.

azabob
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I thought no more than a free kick. But I do remember thinking that was lazy by Aker.

Happy Days
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
It is a joke, but we dont want to make an Everest of a mountain made of a molehill.

Just cop the repremand. Its his last year, and I wouldn't back Aker in to do something silly.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 07:23 PM
That's ridiculous. It's all in response to bloody whoever the bloody commentator was going on about it for half a minute. It was a nothing incident in wet weather footy.

There was another free kick given for holding, when both players were just sliding along on the wet turf and the ump said 'held on after he got rid of the ball'. Bloody hell, how was anyone supposed to stop 'holding on' while sliding on wet turf? It showed a complete and utter lack of feel for the game and the conditions.

Funniest thing was, two minutes later, the same ump slipped on the grass and went for a tumble.

ledge
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
what about when johnno took a mark and got punched in head from the front!

Mantis
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
In watching the replay it wasn't really evident to if Aker made contact with the head or the players upper torso/ shoulder. The contact was minimal and a free kick was punishment enough.

Really Aker should have stood off the player on the ground and forced him to knock the ball clear or try and ping him if he held onto the ball.

craigsahibee
07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
what about when johnno took a mark and got punched in head from the front!

Firritto has been reprmanded for that and has 93.75 points ot there abouts now hanging over his head as a result of that incident.

I think the punch made more contact to Johnno's shoulder then deflected to his head.

aker39
07-04-2009, 10:15 AM
In watching the replay it wasn't really evident to if Aker made contact with the head or the players upper torso/ shoulder. The contact was minimal and a free kick was punishment enough.

Really Aker should have stood off the player on the ground and forced him to knock the ball clear or try and ping him if he held onto the ball.

Agreed. My initial reaction was that it was very lazy and stupid by Aker. He had the chance to really put the North player under the pump.

But there is no way that is a report.

I really am sick and tired of the match review panel.

mighty_west
07-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Agree with all of the above, stiff to get a reprimand, although Aker was a little clumsy, and he looked guilty by his reaction, made sure the player was ok.

bornadog
07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
He had accepted the reprimand and now has points hanging over his head.