PDA

View Full Version : Slaps & Sledges - Richmond

bulldogtragic
13-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Slaps:

Eagle - Obviously read teh riot act and is doing everything required of a senior player. Only 11 games until 250.
Hill - Boy is he special
Picken - if we can find a genuine tagger to release Cross and Boyd to be more aggressive, than that is a great thing
Dylan - Love him to death.
Aker - Ooozes pure class

Sledges:

How many out of the full's??????
Some sloppy forward 50 entries
Making me think for a gfraction of a second we may be beaten by Richmond

bulldogtragic
13-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh, and since some potted him last week Minson - Did some very, very good thingsd all over the ground today. Skipper is not threatening his spot at the moment.

GVGjr
13-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Slaps
The younger guys
Hill - Call the police because he is a thief the way steals the ball of the opposition players.
Addison - progressing nicely and gave a spirited performance
Higgins - showing a fair degree of maturity and was very good today
Akermanis - He can still change the course of a game

Sledges
Our first quarter effort
Our conversion
Skill level down
Gilbee's kicking errors with his left foot

comrade
13-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Slaps

Hill's one handed swoop and goal. Magic.
Huddo's beard - continues to work hard.
Tommy Williams had another solid hit out.
Dylan's never say die attitude and slick disposal

Sledges

Our kicking along the boundary.
Our forward structure was non-existent at times - probably due to instructions, but our forwards came up really high, probably to clog the middle and put pressure on Richmond's skills. A number of times we won possession and didn't have anyone to kick to. Bring Welsh or Grant in and leave them deep.
Johnno - we all love him to death but geez he can be ultra-selfish. Tries to kick low percentage goals and spoiled Crossy on the wing. Needs to take the blinkers off at times.

strebla
13-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Slaps
Hudson-second and third efforts all day exellent
Hill -sensational unselfish great game
Higgins -our best player today
Picken-nothing like his dad I like the boy

Sledges
Options -take the first one we were second guessing too much
Nafan -just because
Wallace - plays a bloke who hasn't slept in 3 days

bulldogtragic
13-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Richmond's new sponsor for the coaches box, which the TV cut to whenever something bad happen... 'light and easy... has there ever been a more apt sponsor for a club???

The Coon Dog
13-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Slaps
Dylan Addison's preparedness to make a contest.
Aker - great vision.
The backline - just terrific all day, really under the pump early but held firm.
Ben Hudson's efforts to shovel the ball forward.
Gia stood under a hospital pass & got crunched but somehow got up, found the ball & kicked a goal.
Crossy's ability to mark overhead.
Wills work in the middle in the last quarter.
dalesgirl.38 seeing Dale kick a goal live.
The crowd, 42K.

Sledges
The bloody sun!
Boydy's first quarter turnover that cost a goal.
Aker's dropped mark when all alone.
Cooney kicking for goal (even though he got it) from 50 when Aker was all alone in the square.
As mentioned earlier, our kicking out on the full.
Griff kicking for goal in the second quarter. 15 metres out doesn't mean you can laconically kick off 2 steps.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Slaps
Dylan Addison's preparedness to make a contest.
Aker - great vision.
The backline - just terrific all day, really under the pump early but held firm.
Ben Hudson's efforts to shovel the ball forward.
Gia stood under a hospital pass & got crunched but somehow got up, found the ball & kicked a goal.
Crossy's ability to mark overhead.
Wills work in the middle in the last quarter.
The crowd, 42K.

Sledges
The bloody sun!
Boydy's first quarter turnover that cost a goal.
Aker's dropped mark when all alone.
Cooney kicking for goal (even though he got it) from 50 when Aker was all alone in the square.
As mentioned earlier, our kicking out on the full.
Griff kicking for goal in the second quarter. 15 metres out doesn't mean you can laconically kick off 2 steps.

Even better it was 46,261 ... sensational crowd and plenty of Bulldogs.

bulldogtragic
13-04-2009, 11:31 PM
How many members???

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 12:32 AM

I have to say, when he took that mark I was like 'IT'S DALE, IT'S DALE....wait, what?...IT IS DALE, IT IS DALE'. I never thought it would happen and I was pretty relieved (delirious) when he kicked it after I'd spent the next 15 seconds going on about how it was going to go straight through the middle etc.

But anyway...

Slaps:
Hill, Addison, Higgins, Picken- Were all really good. Addison in particular has just become a really important part of our team.
Lake- Usual self
Morris- See above :)
Eagleton- I'm not his biggest fan, but his second and third efforts were really, really good.
Williams- He's turning out to be pretty reliable down back, given how few games he's played.
Cross- Usual self.
There were obviously other players that were quite good, but those players stood out for me.

Sledges
Poor skills, poor options, not kicking a goal in the first quarter...it wasn't a very pretty game to watch really. Oh well.

AndrewP6
14-04-2009, 12:40 AM
SLAPSAker...pure class, he may not get 30 touches, but he sure knows what to do when he gets it...
Addison...hard at it, great defensive efforts, top job.
Hill... frustrating and fantastic all wrapped into one.
Minson... put his body in, made contests. Gotta love his enthusiasm after scoring!
Higgins... little champ...
Defensive pressure that forced turnovers
SLEDGES - The whole team for the whole first quarter.
The out of bounds party we seemed to be having!
Wallet, Browny and Richo... self-explanatory isn't it?
The people who told me I should get out of the disabled toilet... how rude!

Sedat
14-04-2009, 12:48 AM
All proceeds go to the Ian Collins Foundation

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Slaps
-The kids - Addisson,higgins, Hill
-Lake- Solid
-Hudson-workman like

Sledges
-Being out marked on the opposition goal line. Luckily today it cleared the line but it has happened a few times already this year. Need to stay switched on and kill the ball.
-Williams-sometimes punches with the wrong arm.

Happy Days
14-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Slaps
The Backline - Just outstanding all day
DFA - Redefining courage and tenacity every game he plays
Higgins - Oozed class today
Picken - Not only looks a great "run-with" player, but frees up Boydy
Aker - First player to have "re-invented" used to define him and still be valuable
Me - For tolerating watching the game with 4 other Richmond supporters

Sledges
Kicking Efficiency - Out on the fulls, kicking for goal early; simply awful
1st Quarter - Enough said.
Tambling - If you're out on the park, then you're fit to play...no excuses.
Wallet - Is probably wishing he'd charmed more people with his charisma so the move into the commentary box would be smoother.

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Slaps:

Eagle - Obviously read teh riot act and is doing everything required of a senior player. Only 11 games until 250.

Credit where its due, he went in very hard yesterday

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Slaps:

Josh Hill - he was very good - what at steal at #61:D
Higgins - All class and reliable to boot
Aker - old champions never die they just mellow like fine wine.
Picken - great to have that extra dimension to our team.
Addison - no wonder he is one of Rockets' favourites.

Sledges:

Cooney - I didn't think he looked right, it was more than just lack of condition and now he is going back under the knife - will he be back at around his best for the second half of the season?
The first half- reminiscent of last years poor first quarter when Welsh kicked six behinds:eek:

craigsahibee
14-04-2009, 11:03 AM

And all we get out of that is $45k. :mad:

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Slaps:

Dylan-boy -- Geez, he's important. Sets the tone for hardness at the ball, makes the team look and feel a lot harder just with his increased time in the middle. Along with Hudson, Picken, Boyd and Crossy, gives the contested ball area a really hard, gritty feel ala Sydney 2006. Ward and Griff no slouches in the contested ball stakes either.
Akermanis -- 'Manis' is Indonesian for 'sweet'. And that's what Aker was yesterday. Sweet.

Sledges:

Picken/Deledio incident -- What the...? If it doesn't get thrown out the MRP is a joke. Wait a minute...
The Johnno 'wrestle' -- Soft, soft, soft Richmond scum. I don't envy their mums who have to wash the brown stains off their shorts...
The winning margin -- only 47 points? Really, really wanted it to blow out by 10+ goals. But then consoled myself with the realisation that we have to go to Perth this weekend and shouldn't blow all our gaskets unnecessarily.

Mofra
14-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Huges Slaps:
The Richmond supporter in front of me. He even started copying my "you're awesome, Tambling" call the few times he got it.
He also told us how his boy looked up at him in a rather forlorn manner last week and said "dad, we always lose". Must be tough being a Tiger.

The guy in the crowd who yelled out "T Shirts, 6 for a dollar" when Brown got the ball. Priceless.

Addison. Tough boy, super strong, has now added reliable disposal to his kit bag. Yes, I'm going there - he was one of our most reliable users of the ball yesterday, and so far this year.

Slaps:
Picken - Tough, good hands in traffic, I likey.
Lake - On form, is he the best FB in the comp over the last 3 rounds?
Morris - Improved from last year. As every year.
Gilbee - Elite ball winner.
Hargrave - Fantatsic. Played on alls hapes & sizes yesterday, and rarely lost.
Hudson - His second efforts don't often get statted, but it wins us clearances.
Hill & Aker - Clean finishers & dangerous overhead.
Griffen. Tough.

Sledges:
Tiller's kicking was poor yesterday - too many close to the boundary (and sometimes over). At least he has the desire & ticker, which is harder to teach IMO.
Cooney's selection in the team - too early to risk a gun player. Murphy is resting, Cooney should have been too (although now the surgery will have him out for a couple)

azabob
14-04-2009, 01:43 PM
SLAP

Josh Hill's continued chase and pressure of 3 or 4 Richmond guys late in the fourth quarter. He eventually got out a handball i think and Cooney kicked the goal from 50.
For me that's what its all about, yes his marking is strong, one handed pick up amazing, but to see him chase and the team get rewarded for his hardwork was fantastic.

AKER: For not celebrating his 3rd goal in 5 mins but running straight to Addison to re-enforce how good his run, carry and delivery was.

SLEDGE

The forward line for not presenting. It is evident that Murphy appears to be our only forward who will run hard and lead up to the wings and present options when nothing else is on.

ledge
14-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I would like to mention Picken, not just his defensive side but he is also prepared to go and get the ball and attack, thats what i like to see from a tagger, make the bloke he is tagging think a bit about the player on him.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Slap
Josh Hill for outmarking and spoiling Matthew Richardson...not an easy task but you made it look smooth joshy boy :D

boydogs
14-04-2009, 11:51 PM
slaps

we made richmond bad - time to give credit
lake on richo
picken on deledio
also shaun higgins - 12th favourite for the brownlow

sledges

kicking - for goal, around the field, and over the boundary line...
slow start - need 4 quarter performances to go all the way this year

alwaysadog
15-04-2009, 01:11 AM
All proceeds go to the Ian Collins Foundation

I won't be happy till the word Memorial is inserted after Collins and before the word Foundation.

ledge
18-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I think Collins has a great memorial he left at Carlton , approximately 10 years damage and the damage even amounted to them wanting money off the AFL to survive!

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I think Collins has a great memorial he left at Carlton , approximately 10 years damage and the damage even amounted to them wanting money off the AFL to survive!

My question is how scum like this continue to not only get jobs via their slimy networks, but cushy ones in which they prosper and screw everyone else over via dodgy stadium deals etc., without having to pay for the consequences of their actions?

It's these types of guys that give the rich a bad name, and cause the financial crisises of this world that destroy the lives of countless Aussie battlers while they golden parachute their way into retirement.

Capitalism would work great but for greedy, incompetent, spiteful scumbags like Ian Collins.

alwaysadog
21-04-2009, 02:39 PM
My question is how scum like this continue to not only get jobs via their slimy networks, but cushy ones in which they prosper and screw everyone else over via dodgy stadium deals etc., without having to pay for the consequences of their actions?

It's these types of guys that give the rich a bad name, and cause the financial crisises of this world that destroy the lives of countless Aussie battlers while they golden parachute their way into retirement.

Capitalism would work great but for greedy, incompetent, spiteful scumbags like Ian Collins.

Such people as Collo represent the very highest and best of capitalism... pity he can't even run a stadium properly.