PDA

View Full Version : I like Picken - How long is O'Shea out for?

bulldogtragic
14-04-2009, 01:42 PM
When will O'Shea come back off the LTI injury list and send Picken back to the rookie list at Willi.

If he keeps playing like he is, there may be a dilemma if O'Shea keeps on recovering...

Rocco Jones
14-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Aren't clubs now allowed to upgrade as many rookies as vacant veteran list spots they have available? Johnson is our only veterans list player, which means there's a spot left for one rookie to be upgraded.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Haven't heard anything about Picken's report - did he get suspended or reprimanded???

bulldogtragic
14-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Aren't clubs now allowed to upgrade as many rookies as vacant veteran list spots they have available? Johnson is our only veterans list player, which means there's a spot left for one rookie to be upgraded.
That would be handy.

G-Mo77
14-04-2009, 02:16 PM

I think that is what happens now. I'm not positive of the ins and outs of the lists rules but I do remember hearing something about that. Could someone clarify it?

Desipura
14-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Haven't heard anything about Picken's report - did he get suspended or reprimanded???
Dexter, would appreciate if you could stay on topic. There is another thread about the Picken report. Thanks

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Apologies, did not see that thread.

LostDoggy
15-04-2009, 11:53 PM
im pretty sure for the majority of the season

Mantis
16-04-2009, 02:30 PM
When the injury occured it was mentioned that he would be out for 12 weeks. As the injury occured 3 or 4 weeks before the start of the season I expect that he would be back around rd 8 or 9 all things going well.

The injury update still says he is indefinite and if Picken continues to shine it may well stay that way. ;)

Drunken Bum
17-04-2009, 01:33 AM

Its my understanding that you needed to have no veterans on the list to be able to promote one or two rookies, if you have one veteran you are unable to promote a rookie under the new rules, however if you have no veterans you can promote either one or two rookies.

I am not certain but i believe these promotions also had to be made before the season started, there was a cutoff date for rookie promotions under the new rule.

If this really is the case, and i am pretty sure it is, i cannot understand why if you have one veteran on the list you cannot promote a rookie, yet if you have none you are able to promote two rookies, it just doesnt make any sense. Knowing how the AFL operates i am even more sure that i am correct.

soupman
17-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought they brought in a new rule this year that allows a rookie to be promoted after round 11 regardless of the status of the LTI list or the amount of veterans.

I may be making that up though.

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 08:18 PM
I reckon Picken is on the list for the rest of the year, O'Shea will need to play at Willi for the rest of the year. Pending any, god forbid, long term injuries elsewhere.

Bulldog4life
17-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I thought they brought in a new rule this year that allows a rookie to be promoted after round 11 regardless of the status of the LTI list or the amount of veterans.

I may be making that up though.

I seem to remember that too.

bornadog
19-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I thought he did well today, even though I am not sure who he played on. Picked up 20 possessions and laid 8 tackles, and some great bumps. Could have hospitalized Kerr but laid a fair bump.

hujsh
20-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Solid marking as well when under the pump