PDA

View Full Version : Player Managers - Round #7

GVGjr
10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure if I will see this game live or venture to Frankston so if someone could provide a report ion Hargrave for this week it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan Hargrave - GVGjr
Ryan Griffen - YHF
Daniel Giansiracusa - Griffen#16
Easton Wood - Comrade
Tom Williams - Soupaman
Brian Lake - The Coon Dog
Daniel Cross - BulldogBelle
Robert Murphy - Bornadog
Ben Hudson - Mantis
Brad Johnson - BornInDroopSt'54
Jason Akermanis - hujsh
Shaun Higgins - WB Age
Dylan Addison - bulldogsman
Josh Hill - Alexxx
Mitch Hahn - EJ Smith
Dale Morris - MsBulldog
Andrejs Everitt - lemmon
Callan Ward - Rocket Science
Stephen Tiller - Alan Shorty
Jarrod Harbrow - Max469
Lindsay Gilbee - Sockeye Salmon
Adam Cooney - Scraggers
Matthew Boyd - Bulldog Revolution
Will Minson - DazB
Tim Callan - Bulldog

bornadog
11-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Bob Murphy

Great to see Murph starting to really find some form today. Really set up the dogs with his fantastic CHF play, especially in the third quarter where he was instrumental in setting up many goals as well as kicking a few himself. 10 marks along with his 18 disposals and 4 goals was a pretty good return.

Watch out in the next few weeks as he really gets back to his best.

wb_age
11-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Shaun Higgins

Sent shock waves throughout the club when showing early symptoms of "swine flu" and was replaced by Welsh in the side.

After rigorous testing, he has been given the all clear and will hopefully bounce back this coming week.

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Josh Hill

Don't have his stats as it's 550am and I'm sitting at Adelaide airport, my flight has been delayed an hour, "thanks" tiger!

Joshy had a solid game..I find myself praising him every week it's because he has become a consistantly good and in our top 5-6 players this year

Gave away a free kick of two with the soft forearm in the back but finished off nicely with 2 goals

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Mitch Hahn

Has been trying my patience recently but improved out of sight this week. A feature of our game against the Crows was our tackling and forward line pressure. Mitch made a significant contribution to this with a game high 8 tackles which assisted in keeping the ball within our forward zone.

Managed to kick a good goal but still needs to get a few more possessions and to improve disposal on the left foot. However, a good turnaround from previous efforts

The Coon Dog
11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Brian Lake.

Played in defence, mainly on the talls of Tippett & Moran who he kept under control & again played very well.

Actually ran with the ball yesterday & delivered well.

A great smother as Adelaide attacked resulted in a goal at the other end for us.

Scraggers
11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Adam Cooney

I didn't get to watch the game (bloody Mother's Day) ...

BUT ...

The stats read :-
16 kicks
13 handballs
4 marks
79% disposal efficiency rate

From all reports on WOOF and the voting in the Marmo, Cooney had a very good game and an exceptionally good third quarter ...

He really has been our barometer over the last two and a bit seasons ...

hujsh
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Aka was excellent. Stats are meaningless when talking about him as he just puts so much class into whatever he does. He and Cooney were the two who turned our form around and it's just great getting to watch him.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Ryan Griffen.

Not amongst the best, but I liked what I saw workrate wise, and defensive pressure.
6 tackles was his best defensive effort this year and the third highest for the team this week (behind Hahn 8 & Hudson 7).
Tried a few times to take on the Crows, not entirely successful, but good to see him try and back himself.

Looked to have a hip complaint during the game which may have hampered his contribution in the 2nd half.

I look forward to seeing how Cooney's increase in fitness over the next few weeks can take some of the pressure off of Griff, hopefully releasing him to have more of an impact.

Stats

K: 8
H/b: 9
Marks: 2
Tackles:6
Disposal Efficiency: 71%

Go_Dogs
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Giansiracusa

My reports have been MIA for a few weeks as I have not been able to see any games.

Gia played himself back into some much needed form in the 3rd and hopefully has turned the corner. He's a pivotal player as he makes good decisions, disposes of the ball well, and can play just about any non-KP position on the field.

10 touches in the 3rd, 18 overall.
5 contested possessions
2 inside 50's
2 clearances
1 goal
1 goal assist
4 tackles

Solid game, and crucial in our best 1/4 of football for the year. Now you just need to go on with it Gia.

Bulldog Revolution
12-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Matt Boyd

26 possessions:
15 kicks, 11 handballs, 6 marks, 5 clearances, 2 tackles, 6 inside 50s

I haven't seen the game yet, but the talk on radio seemed to be of him shutting down Scott Thompson, who had a rampaging 16 touches in the first quarter. I dont know if Boyd was on him all day but Thompson is probably the Crows prime mover midfield now with Edwards, McLeod and Goodwin ageing.

Boyds handball to kick ratio and 6 inside 50s suggest he was able to find a bit of space and drive the ball forward a bit more than the games vs the saints and blues.

soupman
13-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Tommygun

Started on Walker, and was on him for most of the first quarter where Walker was the most damgaing and dangerous player on the ground. Was dragged at quarter time, but for the rest of the game he was solid, but nothing memorable. He's had a few poor weeks this year, so hopefully he can start stepping up again. Also his awareness has been lacking this year. There's been a few times now where an opponent has caught him unawares.