PDA

View Full Version : Hotties & Notties Special - it's half way through the season edition

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 06:45 PM
This one is my favourite episode yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0830/photo/kid1_i.jpg
This picture supports my sports montage comment later on, so you might find it a little more relevant then.

HOT

Tyson Edwards
41 disposals, 10 tackles and 8 marks helping your side win a shootout in a crucial game is a fair way to celebrate your 300th game. Well done old sir.

Kosi
6 goals this week and 14 in the last three weeks. If he can avoid running into any hard inanimate objects for awhile, he and Roo might just the Buddy and Roughead of 2009.

Western Bulldogs
A game clear in 3rd and we are looking a step or two ahead of the massive pack behind us. Cooney is getting back to his Brownlow form, Bobby is still to come back and our kids are actually becoming consistent contributors. If our season was a sports movie, I think we are into the positive sports montage bit.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Umpiring in Lions vs. Blues game
The officiating was straight out of the WWE . The Blues played the role of the bad guy, taking advantage of the ref being distracted, much to the chagrin of the pro-good guy crowd. Fev’s celebrations are the icing on my analogical cake.

Terry Wallace
501 games as an AFL player or coach is an amazing achievement but Terry is like an old millionaire with no one to share his football wealth of experience with. On Friday night, he coached a game featuring two sides he has both played with and coached. There were no guards of honour, nor any warmth from the crowd. You reap what you sow Plough.

Barry Hall
What a brain snap? To give away three 50-metre penalties at such a crucial stage of the game is just so amazingly stupid and selfish. His side had the momentum and he totally handed it back to the Hawks. He ended up with a total of 4 SuperCoach points for the game, sums it pretty well.

NOT

http://x36.xanga.com/0fbc637670030202655019/z157260862.jpg
A picture supporting my WWE analogy.

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh, no. The thread title says "throught" rather than "through", what a silly sausage I am.

comrade
08-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh, no. The thread title says "throught" rather than "through", what a silly sausage I am.

Nottie!

GVGjr
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
All fixed.

What about a Jamie McNamara nomination?

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM
All fixed.

What about a Jamie McNamara nomination?

Damn!

The visual aide would have been fun as well!

Thank you for the fixing of the title thingy.

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh and a special new segment that actually started last week but everyone ignored it!

Can you pick out my delicious pun?

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Nottie!

I 2nd that nomination due to me starting a new post for each reply in a cheap effort to inflate replies to the thread.

comrade
08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh and a special new segment that actually started last week but everyone ignored it!

Can you pick out my delicious pun?

The Plough pun? I enjoyed it.

Mantis
08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
How the hell did we make the 'hottie' section?

Yes I know this is a Bulldog forum, but beating Richmond.... "Big friggin deal!!"

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
The Plough pun? I enjoyed it.

5 points to you Comrade.

Mofra
08-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Thought the Demons might have been a chance for a Nottie - biggest game for the year for them, biggest name draftee debuts, the whole football world watching, and they get smacked in atrocious conditions.

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
How the hell did we make the 'hottie' section?

Yes I know this is a Bulldog forum, but beating Richmond.... "Big friggin deal!!"

That inspires me to bring back the HANWRJ signature.

We have spoken about this before, it's a combination of the accumulating weeks (4 wins in 5, Cats and Swans performances) and the fact that I barrack for the Bulldogs.

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Thought the Demons might have been a chance for a Nottie - biggest game for the year for them, biggest name draftee debuts, the whole football world watching, and they get smacked in atrocious conditions.

This isn't The Chasers.

firstdogonthemoon
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Another sterling contribution to Sporting Journalism from Mr Jones. As always, ahead of the curve.

Feel free to put this quote straight on the back of the book.

Sockeye Salmon
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM

Tyson Edwards
41 disposals, 10 tackles and 8 tackles helping your side win a shootout in a crucial game is a fair way to celebrate your 300th game. Well done old sir.

Kosi
6 goals this week and 14 in the last three weeks. If he can avoid running into any hard inanimate objects for awhile, he and Roo must just the Buddy and Roughead of 2009.

Even sillier sausage

Rocco Jones
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Even sillier sausage

I might hire an editor.

alwaysadog
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
HOT

Tyson Edwards
41 disposals, 10 tackles and 8 tackles helping your side win a shootout in a crucial game is a fair way to celebrate your 300th game. Well done old sir. .

Always a player who demonstrated the Bulldog spirit, though by accident of geography denied the chance to wear the red, white and blue. A great career... but just think what he could have done in the right colours.

Kosi
6 goals this week and 14 in the last three weeks. If he can avoid running into any hard inanimate objects for awhile, he and Roo must just the Buddy and Roughead of 2009. .

Well I wish him no harm except when he pays against the dogs and then although a height mismatch Gia should be sent back to man him and remind him of how close he is to another brain fade or worse.

Western Bulldogs
A game clear in 3rd and we are looking a step or two ahead of the massive pack behind us. Cooney is getting back to his Brownlow form, Bobby is still to come back and our kids are actually becoming consistent contributors. If our season was a sports movie, I think we are into the positive sports montage bit. .

Too soon to do more than say we seem to be getting things together.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------
NOT

Umpiring in Lions vs. Blues game
The officiating was straight out of the WWE . The Blues played the role of the bad guy, taking advantage of the ref being distracted, much to the chagrin of the pro-good guy crowd. Fev’s celebrations are the icing on my analogical cake. .

Yes, made the amateur hour look professional, Fev’s celebrations are actually the problem; they don’t end on the field of battle, whenever Fev goes well he is close to his next brain fade. He has the talent to kick the ton in half a season and then spend the rest or parts of it in limbo, but you’d need a better imagination than mine to know where he’ll be next week.

Terry Wallace
501 games as an AFL player or coach is an amazing achievement but Terry is like an old millionaire with no one to share his football wealth of experience with. On Friday night, he coached a game featuring two sides he has both played with and coached. There were no guards of honour, nor any warmth from the crowd. You reap what you sow Plough. .

Most apt; he orchestrated his own swan song and that’s a bit sad.

Barry Hall
What a brain snap? To give away three 50-metre penalties at such a crucial stage of the game is just so amazingly stupid and selfish. His side had the momentum and he totally handed it back to the Hawks. He ended up with a total of 4 SuperCoach points for the game, sums it pretty well. .

Where is Caro “Bloody” Wilson when you need her? The foul thinking comedian who masquerades as a journalist failed to give us her insights into the underbelly of the AFL and its “enfants terrible” missed a great opportunity for mean spiritedness, not a word in today's paperfrom the Queen of sleeze.

LostDoggy
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
68 points actually. ;)