PDA

View Full Version : The flare incident?

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 01:12 AM
What exactly happened?

There have been a lot of different rumors floating around, and at one stage people were trying to blame the Western Bulldogs cheer squad.

I was sitting on level 3 at the opposite end, and when it went off, it wasn't anywhere near the cheer squad.

Are all Bulldog supporters ok? any need for medical attention?

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 01:15 AM
I saw it from level 3...very unusual incident, since when do people bring flares to the footy. We're not at a bloody soccer match.

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah it was on level 3..
My guess is a saints supporter lit it off..
Not being biased, but why would you light a flare if your team lost?
Youd be soooo ecstatic that ud light a flare in celebration..
but yeah
oh, and it was red..
just my 2 cents.

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah it was on level 3..

I saw it on level 1 behind the goals..:confused:

mighty_west
26-07-2009, 02:25 AM
It was 20 or so metres away from us standing behind the Dogs cheer squad level 1, definatly all Saints supporters in that area of seating, and apparently one 9 or 10 year old needed medical assistance from an asthma attack, he was in a bit of trouble as well from all reports.

Now, we don't need this soccer bullshit coming into our game, let's hope they find the dickwod that let this thing off and ban him/her for LIFE!

Remi Moses
26-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Wonder if it will make front page news like it does when a soccer flare goes off.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mighty_west
26-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Wonder if it will make front page news like it does when a soccer flare goes off.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It bloody well should.

Topdog
26-07-2009, 08:39 AM

Can't see it at all on the Herald Sun website.

BulldogBelle
26-07-2009, 01:08 PM

No way

The media knows who butters its bread, so s___ canning the AFL and the #1 team in the competition isnt something they would ever do

firstdogonthemoon
26-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I saw it from inside the Captain's Bar. Or at least the impact of it. They shut all the bars and made everybody go home! Disgraceful. (the bar shutting, i dont care about the flare)

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. Stuff like this just isn't part of football.

Remi Moses
26-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Can't see it at all on the Herald Sun website.

Typical double standards it happens in one sport ''hooligans'' another sport not a mere mention. Typical of Murdoch's tabloid rag:confused::confused:

Twodogs
26-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I saw it from inside the Captain's Bar. Or at least the impact of it. They shut all the bars and made everybody go home! Disgraceful. (the bar shutting, i dont care about the flare)

Did they really force you to go home?

How do they monitor whether you go straight home or not? Were you allowed to stop off for a kebab or peri-peri chicken on the way?

It's very distressing that they shut the bar, stupid flare throwers.

firstdogonthemoon
26-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Did they really force you to go home?

How do they monitor whether you go straight home or not? Were you allowed to stop off for a kebab or peri-peri chicken on the way?

It's very distressing that they shut the bar, stupid flare throwers.

No, they were quite clear. We were to leave the stadium and go straight home, no Nandos, no Mona Castle.

LostDoggy
27-07-2009, 09:33 AM

Someone wore flares or bell bottoms?

Mantis
27-07-2009, 09:38 AM
There was a little report in today's Herald Sun on the flare incident. The guy was caught and fined $350 for letting off the flare.

Twodogs
27-07-2009, 10:22 AM
No, they were quite clear. We were to leave the stadium and go straight home, no Nandos, no Mona Castle.

That's probably for the best. The pubs around Footscray wouldnt have been much fun to be in on saturday night.

always right
27-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Typical double standards it happens in one sport ''hooligans'' another sport not a mere mention. Typical of Murdoch's tabloid rag:confused::confused:

I think the Herald Sun ran the story...what about The Age?

Remi Moses
27-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I think the Herald Sun ran the story...what about The Age?

You completely miss the point. Stating that the herald sun is all over soccer flares yet the sight of one at an AFL match gets little coverage! Complete and utter double standards one would think

Remi Moses
27-07-2009, 06:05 PM
No way

The media knows who butters its bread, so s___ canning the AFL and the #1 team in the competition isnt something they would ever do

Correct weight

Happy Days
27-07-2009, 06:20 PM
You completely miss the point. Stating that the herald sun is all over soccer flares yet the sight of one at an AFL match gets little coverage! Complete and utter double standards one would think

Probably because of the wide-spreadness of flares and the like at soccer matches. This is pretty much a one-off for an AFL match.

always right
27-07-2009, 06:26 PM

What are you talking about? I simply asked if The Age ran the story.

mighty_west
27-07-2009, 06:32 PM

It was on the footy show, the news & talkback radio!

always right
27-07-2009, 06:33 PM
It was on the footy show, the news & talkback radio!

Apparently you're missing the point:rolleyes:

mighty_west
27-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Apparently you're missing the point:rolleyes:

Which is?

always right
27-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Which is?

See Reme's previous posts.

He seems to have got a bit worked up over the media not running the story as prominently as he would have liked.

mighty_west
27-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Well if the Hun didn't give it any coverage, and they do with the Soccer, perhaps they should have, maybe their thinking is the little press about this incident, maybe they don;t want to make a sing & dance about it, so that other hooligans don't get idea's and starting a culture in AFL like it has with Soccer, who knows.

But like i stated, it was given coverage all over the meida [perhaps wihout the Herald Sun], so it wasn't dismissed all together.

Desipura
28-07-2009, 10:05 AM
I thought flares were out in the 70s?