PDA

View Full Version : Aker match winner

Rance Fan
01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Another great performance by a Aker today.
How many games would Aker of played a match winning performance this season?
How would he compare with Johnno this season?
Hope they both play on next year their performing well and play a smart game!

AndrewP6
01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Reckon he's won at least a few this year. Or at least saved a few! I think he's ahead of Johnno at the moment. I too hope they can go again next year, and be good contributors!

Remi Moses
02-08-2009, 09:30 PM
great today and has been a very good pick up. Heard that Richmond witch say that Aker hasn't been good value for the dogs! Please get back on ya broom back to Punt Rd please
Wilson continually bangs on about a ''disruptive influence''. What complete and utter DRIVEL:mad:

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
great today and has been a very good pick up. Heard that Richmond witch say that Aker hasn't been good value for the dogs! Please get back on ya broom back to Punt Rd please
Wilson continually bangs on about a ''disruptive influence''. What complete and utter DRIVEL:mad:

LOL, what would she know about picking up good players. Cousins has been FANTASTIC has he?

Remi Moses
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL, what would she know about picking up good players. Cousins has been FANTASTIC has he?

She also made some comment on Bradshaw being an option for the Dogs. Highly unlikely with Brisbane onle having one avenue to goal when he doesn't play

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Knew when we picked him up that he'd win 3 or 4 games a season off his own boot and he hasn't dissapointed :)

Remi Moses
02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
What about that other pickle Mike Sheehan saying Hawthorn were the best side outside the top 2 ! What a friggin peanut. :p:p

AndrewP6
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
What about that other pickle Mike Sheehan saying Hawthorn were the best side outside the top 2 ! What a friggin peanut. :p:p

pickle, peanut... stop, I'm getting hungry!:p

ledge
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM

And 90% of the Richmond squad!

strebla
03-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Interesting hearing him on triple m yesterday he is still unsure if he will play on next year and if he does it will be for bugger all money it will be for the team.they also asked him about Barry Hall and he said he would be happy to play with him as long as he also got paid nothing and played for the love of the game.I really liked that he insisted he will not be there at the expense of a player like Hill,Higgins,Stack or Ward and would only play if the passion was there as he had a couple of irons in the fire and was unsure wether to "stoke the logs"

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Go Aker!! Was great to see, Seb was loving watching his idol on Saturday. We were sitting on the boundary where they take their warm up runs when they are on the bench.....imagine Seb's delight whenever Aker wandered past :D
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3776779563_b41a0208b9.jpg

Sockeye Salmon
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Go Aker!! Was great to see, Seb was loving watching his idol on Saturday. We were sitting on the boundary where they take their warm up runs when they are on the bench.....imagine Seb's delight whenever Aker wandered past :D
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3776779563_b41a0208b9.jpg

My 5yo has started to show interest in footy and there is only one reason.

"I like Aker because he's got white hair and black whiskers. Go Aker."

Desipura
03-08-2009, 01:52 PM
My nearly 3yo only knows one player and associated the dogs with saying "Go Aker"

Twodogs
03-08-2009, 02:22 PM
The day Aka announced he wanted to come to the bulldogs as I was picking up my son from Footscray-City primary school I told the rest of his classmates. The reaction the news got was amazing, I dont think there was one kid who didnt know who he was.

Rance Fan
08-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Nearly won it for us ..again .... nearly saved us.
Again!!!

Anyone else wish to step up and start being a match winner!!

AndrewP6
08-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Great effort again today... must piss him off to see so many looking like "B-graders" (his own words!)

Rance Fan
15-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Aker magic again when it was needed to be won.

AndrewP6
15-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Can't say enough for what he brings to our team... the kind of player you know when he has the ball, most of the time he's gonna use it well. And often create something magic.

angelopetraglia
15-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Uncanny from acute angles.

Others may do the miraculous with snaps and bananas from the boundary (e.g. Daicos, Davis, Motlop, Steve Johnson) but for dead eye straight drop punts from acute angles I have NEVER EVER SEEN BETTER. He consistently threads the needle.

Superb Aker, pleasure to watch you do your stuff.

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 11:31 PM
How ironic was it that he sealed the game with a goal that was a hallmark of his time as a Lion?

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 11:35 PM
How ironic was it that he sealed the game with a goal that was a hallmark of his time as a Lion?

Aah yes, Coon Dog, the silence at the Gabbatoir was deafening, wasn't it, when he kicked that fab goal in the last quarter that really got us up and about again! Loved it!

Dry Rot
15-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Smartest player on our team IMO.

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 11:41 PM

Smarter than Brian Lake? Surely you jest! ;)

Didn't you love the way Brian complained to the umpire & allowed Drummond to run off & kick a goal? Maybe not too clever upon reflection.

Some of Aker's kicking is sublime, makes players run to where they should to receive it, always on the advantage side for them.

Dry Rot
15-08-2009, 11:49 PM
S
Didn't you love the way Brian complained to the umpire & allowed Drummond to run off & kick a goal? Maybe not too clever upon reflection.

Brian is my favourite Dogs player, but he's not the sharpest knife in our drawer.

IMO Aker is.

ledge
16-08-2009, 12:07 AM
I actually think its disgraceful that they boo him, could never see myself booing The Hawk at Fitzroy, i still wanted to see his magic.

Ozza
16-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Loved the expression on his face after he kicked it - was like "ooooooooohh that one hurts you doesn't it- but I'll just enjoy that one quietly"!

Sockeye Salmon
16-08-2009, 04:26 AM
I read one journo who said, "Aker just has to have the final word, doesn't he?"

bulldogtragic
16-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Loved the expression on his face after he kicked it - was like "ooooooooohh that one hurts you doesn't it- but I'll just enjoy that one quietly"!
That look said a million words, i loved it. And when he went and gave it to McGrath after he gave away the 50m.

1) It must have been satisfying for Aker to shove it up al those haters up there
2) He's a freak. As soon as he got the ball i thought he was a dead certainty - which is interesting considering he was on the wrong foot, in the wrong pocket. I have never seen anyne more talented and consistent.
3) Have you ever seen anyone, perhaps Carey, ho can talk the talk AND walk the walk when needed
4) I put it at about 10 games he has won this club in his time, possibly more. Great trade
5) If the cash is there, he must play on.

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I was following the game on my mobile phone. The commentary said "The Big Bad Wolf Akermanis has just blown Brisbanes house down." I LIKE IT!!!! :D

Twodogs
16-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Footy smarts are such an important quality-especially for us. It really cost us last week, we just generated inside 50 after inside 50 and then pissed them all against the wall with dumb mistakes. I dont think I've ever been as frustrated with the team as I was last week.

westdog54
16-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I got a text message at 9.51pm last night at work from Twodogs.

It read: "we won by 3 goals mate, 82 to 100, Aker with the sealer from the boundary:)"

Life doesn't get much sweeter

Ozza
16-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I was watching the game with 5 others - and it was funny that everyone in the room knew he was going to kick it - we were all out of our seats before it went through....and the carry on from 6 adults - watching a game on TV - had to be seen to be believed.

Geez I love the little man - what a genius.

bornadog
18-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Another Aker is also a match winner.

M43yeTVC4b8

Twodogs
18-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I got a text message at 9.51pm last night at work from Twodogs.

It read: "we won by 3 goals mate, 82 to 100, Aker with the sealer from the boundary:)"

Life doesn't get much sweeter

I was standing alongside FDTOM (we both had to stand-you just cant sit down during a tense finish) and we both mumbled 'Aker' under our breath as he picked the ball up, 'Aker' a lttle louder as he lined up and then the huge high 5 as the ball sailed through. The relief and the man love for the blackchinbearded one was palpable