PDA

View Full Version : Lovett-Murray on drugs charge

aker39
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613334

Lovett-Murray on drugs charge
Jake Niall | August 4, 2009 - 3:09PM

Essendon player Nathan Lovett-Murray has been charged with possession of drugs as a result of a raid on his Essendon home on Monday.
Lovett-Murray, who is one of Essendon’s most respected players and a leader among its indigenous contingent, has been charged with possession of a drug of dependency, after a police search yesterday found a single tablet of ecstacy at his home.

The charging of Lovett-Murray, who maintains his innocence, is believed to be connected with another police investigation in which his brother, Dane Lovett-Murray, and a cousin, Robert Knight, were charged with drug-related offences following a search at another premise on Friday.

Lovett-Murray has told police that he is willing to submit to blood or urine tests in a bid to clear his name. He has been released from police custody and a court date has been set for October.

His manager Peter Jess told the Age today: ’’He is happy to submit to any drug test - blood, urine or anything.’’ Jess said his client was very much surprised by the charges. Jess said Lovett-Murray did not drink or take drugs. ’’He doesn’t drink, smoke and is very much against drugs.’’

Lovett-Murray is strongly involved in supporting indigenous causes and is regarded as a role model at the club.

Essendon, which is expected to hold a media conference this afternoon, club is standing behind the player, believing he is entitled to a presumption on innocence.

Mofra
04-08-2009, 05:00 PM
A single tablet - lets watch the media storm over this

Dry Rot
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
charged with possession of a drug of dependency, after a police search yesterday found a single tablet of ecstacy at his home.

Innocent or guilty, that's a pretty silly charge for one eccie.

Sounds like he may have been caught up with illegal conduct of others.

Ozza
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Pretty outrageous. I can already see his club going ahead with a massive over-reaction and giving him an obscenely large fine and possibly suspending him.

aker39
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Pretty outrageous. I can already see his club going ahead with a massive over-reaction and giving him an abscenely large fine and possibly suspending him.

Take another look.

His club has supported him and he will continue to train and play.

hujsh
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Pretty outrageous. I can already see his club going ahead with a massive over-reaction and giving him an abscenely large fine and possibly suspending him.

Essendon, which is expected to hold a media conference this afternoon, club is standing behind the player, believing he is entitled to a presumption on innocence.

Read the article mate;)

Ozza
04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
^^^
Fair enough - I'd actually read the first article on line and not read the one posted here - and the initial story didn't mention Essendon....well done to them...so far.

lemmon
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
The biggest question IMO is why the house was raided in the first place, it mentions his brother and cousin, does he live with them?

bulldogsman
04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
The biggest question IMO is why the house was raided in the first place, it mentions his brother and cousin, does he live with them?

It has something to do with his brother and cousin. Apparently his other family members also had there houses raided.

strebla
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
What an absolute waste of the courts time ridiculous

AndrewP6
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
He's willing to submit to a drug test, which to me says he's probably innocent. Needs to find some new housemates though... :)

bulldogtragic
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Will get off easily. The police need to prove possession and whilst the tablet was located at his premises, it could be very easy to create doubt if people come and go. I would imagine he will beat the charge very easily. And the driving charge, $200-$500 fine.

Waste of the legal system's time. They could be letting repists and murders go free instead.

aker39
05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
He's willing to submit to a drug test, which to me says he's probably innocent. Needs to find some new housemates though... :)

Yes, but he hasn't been charged with using drugs, he's been charged with possessing them.

Mofra
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
If it's 3 days after he used it wouldn't matter anyway ('specially if he's been into the Pink Grapefruit juice which counteracts MDMA).

Desipura
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
If it's 3 days after he used it wouldn't matter anyway ('specially if he's been into the Pink Grapefruit juice which counteracts MDMA).
Gee you know alot!

Sockeye Salmon
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM

What about the hair?

AndrewP6
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes, but he hasn't been charged with using drugs, he's been charged with possessing them.

Yeah, and he says he's innocent... hence the "new housemates" instruction...:)

Mofra
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
What about the hair?
If he isn't a regular user I believe even if it stays in the follicles it's hard to pick up but would have to double check.

Between OJ & Pink Grapefruit juice, urine tests more than a few hours later are useless for most party drugs.

Go_Dogs
05-08-2009, 01:00 PM
If he isn't a regular user I believe even if it stays in the follicles it's hard to pick up but would have to double check.

Between OJ & Pink Grapefruit juice, urine tests more than a few hours later are useless for most party drugs.

Pink grapefruit juice? First time I've heard of that one.

Bit of a storm in a tea cup imo. Could be a girl friend or mates of his, anything. And if he is found guilty, possession of one tablet is surely at worst, going to be a very small fine. Who cares.

Desipura
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
sounds like some are speaking from experience whereas I would not have a clue about what cannot be detected in a hair/urine test.

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Reach for the lasers.

Mofra
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
sounds like some are speaking from experience whereas I would not have a clue about what cannot be detected in a hair/urine test.
I've never been subjected to a hair test; myself and plenty of mates (ex-military & also civilian pilots) are subject to regular tests (or have been in the past) and some have been known to have the odd big weekend.

FWIW some multi-day music festivals serve pink grapefruit in their signature cocktails in the hope it staggers the bedtime of the harder partiers.

ledge
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
This is the biggest beef up of a story i have ever read in a paper besides Carros stories.