PDA

View Full Version : Ins/Outs Round 20?

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 06:02 PM
If Eagleton gets a game, i will spew up!.

I think it's time to replace like for like, not forward for defender, or midfielder.

Except for Stack, we haven't replaced Welsh, Murphy, Higgins & Gia with anyone.

DOG GOD
08-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Surely Wood will get a go ahead of Eagle next week.

Eade really needs to make a mark after that performance.

Unlike Freo, WC have a pretty good defense and young Stack was really shown up today, although the delivery into the fwd 50 was sub standard.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
In: Murphy, anyone else who can put their hand up for Willy tomorrow and show they want to play AFL.

Out: Stack, Eagleton

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
In: Murphy, anyone else who can put their hand up for Willy tomorrow and show they want to play AFL.

Out: Stack, Eagleton

No Williamstown game this week.

In Picken
Out Eagleton

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Imagine if Eagle was about 20 years old, Eade would have dropped him ages ago. Guys like Eagle, Hahn and Welsh get so much more time than kids.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Out: Western Bulldogs
In : Williamstown

Not really..but you understand the frustration.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Imagine if Eagle was about 20 years old, Eade would have dropped him ages ago. Guys like Eagle, Hahn and Welsh get so much more time than kids.

It's nothing short of pathetic.

Both Eagleton and Hahn have played maybe 6 decent games between them all year. They're a liability and there's really no excuse or explanation as to why they're both still playing.

bornadog
08-08-2009, 06:55 PM
No Williamstown game this week.

In Picken
Out Eagleton

No Murphy GVGjr?

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Both Eagleton and Hahn have played maybe 6 decent games between them all year. They're a liability and there's really no excuse or explanation as to why they're both still playing.

Yet he is so certain that Guy O'Keefe can't make it despite never actually giving him a go. I think I might be losing patience with Eade.

Remi Moses
08-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Can someone explain why they signed wayde Skipper on a 1 year deal then procede not to play him ? What about O'keefe? Had a gutful.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Can someone explain why they signed wayde Skipper on a 1 year deal then procede not to play him ? What about O'keefe? Had a gutful.

Back up.

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 07:04 PM
No Murphy GVGjr?

If Murphy is available he come straight back in. There is a few players that didn't measure up today.

Ozza
08-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm really not sure who is right to come in, but at a guess

Outs: eagleton, hahn, Stack,
In Murphy, Picken, Welsh.

Remi Moses
08-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Back up.

I'm just asking why was he signed for an extra year? Don't get it! Good form should be rewarded

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Skipper was signed to ensure that if Hudson or Minson missed a few games there would be a decent back-up option and I'd consider doing it again if another support ruckman cannot be found. Roughead will need another season before he can ruck for an extended period at the senior level.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Surely Wood will get a go ahead of Eagle next week.

Eade really needs to make a mark after that performance.

Unlike Freo, WC have a pretty good defense and young Stack was really shown up today, although the delivery into the fwd 50 was sub standard.

Wood is already in the team.Okeefe for Eagleton is the go as it should have been today & earlier in the season.His composure & goal kicking accuracy would have been handy in the first half today.Did Stack touch it today?

Unfortunately The Coon Dog has ruled a line thru Okeefe so it is unlikely to happen as TCD seems to have a line to Rocket.But It should happen!

We paid the price for over confidence & playing out of form players & not playing form players like Ocka & Skip.
If we let Okeefe go without seeing what he can do at Afl level it will be risky & negligent & could comeback & bite us on the bum.IMO.

Our disposal & decision making was shocking again today as it has been in all our losses.

Never been more gutted after a loss especially knowing we are going to waste another year!

Dry Rot
08-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Did Williams get injured again at the end of the game?

azabob
08-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Below are some grabs from Eade's press conferance after the game from the AFL website.
It appears there wont be many if any changes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82319/default.aspx

"Obviously we've got some players who are not consistent with their effort."

Eade described as "total crap" stories circulating that his players had endured a high training load in recent weeks, dismissing the theory as a possible reason for the lacklustre display.

While he bemoaned a kicking efficiency that ran as low as 35 per cent at times, the coach said he would resist the urge to vent his frustration at the selection table this week.

"I don't think you make a knee jerk reaction at this stage," he said.

"In the cold light of day over the next couple of days we'll think about it. The older players are obviously the ones who have to carry the can, but some of the younger ones as well who had their chance didn't grab it. It was across the board.

"I don't think you over-analyse. I think we know without having to look at the tape too much [areas] where we need to rectify, but they're things that we can rectify pretty quickly."

Bumper Bulldogs
08-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Out: Western Bulldogs
In : Williamstown

Not really..but you understand the frustration.

Amen

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
"In the cold light of day over the next couple of days we'll think about it. The older players are obviously the ones who have to carry the can, but some of the younger ones as well who had their chance didn't grab it. It was across the board.

Typical Eade, I wonder which one of those statements he is strong about and who will pay the price of today's result? Wood? Stack? Everitt? Addison? Another week, another game for Eagle. He got 22 touches!

AndrewP6
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Really don't think there's any point in calling for Eagle to be dropped. It won't happen. Not sure how far away the injured ones are, but if Murph is right, he's in. I think most of the likes of Wood, Stack, Everitt will stay, given our injured players. So, :

IN - Murphy (if he's right)
OUT - Stack

Unless someone else can come back, that'll be it, I reckon.

Bumper Bulldogs
08-08-2009, 08:21 PM
For me Eagle out Picken in, Minson out Skip in.

Will need to see if Welsh, Murf or Tiler come up. the out would be Mitch.

Rocco Jones
Really don't think there's any point in calling for Eagle to be dropped. It won't happen. Not sure how far away the injured ones are, but if Murph is right, he's in. I think the likes of Wood, Stack, Everitt will stay, given our injured players. So, :

Pretty much. There are two certainties at the moment with our team selection.

1/ Eagle never gets dropped, no matter how poorly he plays.
2/ GOK will never get a game, no matter how well he plays for Willy. How someone can make such a definitive call without even giving him one chance is amazing.

LostDoggy
From Rockets press conference, it's good to see that the dame crap from the last 3 years, will continue on.

Let's drop the same blokes every week, and bring in the same.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
This is feeling a lot like our the latter third of our season last year.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Pretty much. There are two certainties at the moment with our team selection.

1/ Eagle never gets dropped, no matter how poorly he plays.
2/ GOK will never get a game, no matter how well he plays for Willy. How someone can make such a definitive call without even giving him one chance is amazing.

Anyone got a link to what was said?

AndrewP6
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM
This is feeling a lot like our the latter third of our season last year.

And didn't we do the same thing in '07?

bulldogtragic
08-08-2009, 08:58 PM
In: 4 quarter effort, half decent start to the match, pressure, skill, desire.

Out: Performances like today.

Rance Fan
08-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Vs blions

no change = no chance

lemmon
08-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Honestly I think the handling of GOK has been appalling by the club, either come out like is done with senior players and tell the supporters that he hasnt fulfilled some requirement (if it is off-field) and that he wont be picked for a set period of time. Instead a line is drawn through his name and his career is shot in the arse before its started.

comrade
08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I sound like a broken record, but...

In: Anyone
Out: Eagleton

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
In: Heart
Out: The finger

The Underdog
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
In: Murphy, Welsh, Picken
Out: Eagleton, Stack, Everitt

To be honest I don't know whether Welsh is fit but I'm pretty sure he'll get picked when he is. Not that I'm convinced he should be.

If Eagle can't get dropped on today's performance I'm not sure he ever will. Stack had a shocker and probably isn't ready for the heat of a big game. Everitt is a kind of nowhere atm.

There's a few others who'd be close. Hahn has been poor since Essendon, Hill probably saved his bacon today but still looks too laconic at times. I'd love to see Reid come in for Addison but not sure he's match fit. Addison was good in his role last week but his defensive pressure in the forward line today was non existent.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 10:23 PM
My guess at what will happen:
IN: Bobby, Picken, possibly Welsh if fit.
OUT: Everitt, Wood, Stack if Welsh is fit

What I would like
IN: Bobby, Picken
OUT: Eagle, Everitt

The Underdog
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
My guess at what will happen:
IN: Bobby, Picken, possibly Welsh if fit.
OUT: Everitt, Wood, Stack if Welsh is fit

What I would like
OUT: Eagle, Everitt

Thought Wood did enough today to earn another shot. At least his attitude and willingness to work was good.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Thought Wood did enough today to earn another shot. At least his attitude and willingness to work was good.

Totally agree mate, that's why I didn't have him in my wanted outs. Unfortunately it's players need to go out of the side, Eade drops kids instead of Eagle.

The Underdog
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Totally agree mate, that's why I didn't have him in my wanted outs. Unfortunately it's players need to go out of the side, Eade drops kids instead of Eagle.

I decided today that my everlasting image of Eagle will be him arriving late after an opposition player has taken a mark, softly putting his hands in the air then letting someone else man the mark and jog off to not quite get to another contest.

cambo
08-08-2009, 11:21 PM
we cant put up with a coach who keeps playing out of form players!

Out Eade
In Laidley

bulldogtragic
08-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I decided today that my everlasting image of Eagle will be him arriving late after an opposition player has taken a mark, softly putting his hands in the air then letting someone else man the mark and jog off to not quite get to another contest.
I noticed that too several times today. That has to be the very definition of being a 'passenger'.

The Coon Dog
08-08-2009, 11:35 PM
we cant put up with a coach who keeps playing out of form players!

Out Eade
In Laidley

What has Laidley done as a coach that has you so enthused?

lemmon
08-08-2009, 11:57 PM

TCD your fairly in the loop down at the kennel so can you let us know if there are offield/discipline issues with GOK or if he has been passed over for selection because his fitness isnt up to scratch or Eade just doesnt believe he will perform at that level?

KT31
09-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Maybe we should drop Williams before the Gold Coast wont want him.

KT31
09-08-2009, 12:42 AM
In: Heart
Out: The finger

Well said.

boydogs
09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
In: Murphy, Welsh, Picken, O'Keefe, Callan, Tiller
Out: Everitt, Stack, Eagleton, Wood, Addison, Williams

If we are ever going to swing the axe this is the week

Sedat
09-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Guys, Eagleton has not been dropped for poor form since 2003. The flaws in his game are not going to be eradicated at age 30, yet he remains as permanent a fixture in our team as you can get. I would personally be gobsmacked if he was dropped on the eve of his 200th game for the club.

Mantis
09-08-2009, 02:17 AM
In: Murphy, Welsh, Picken, O'Keefe, Callan, Tiller
Out: Everitt, Stack, Eagleton, Wood, Addison, Williams

If we are ever going to swing the axe this is the week

That is a huge over-reaction.

Tiller hasn't played for atleast a month.

Callan hasn't played for 2 or 3 weeks.

The Pie Man
09-08-2009, 10:43 AM
What I'd do

In : Murphy, Welsh, Skipper, O'Keefe
Out : Hahn, Addison, Minson, Eagleton

There's a few things I've completely lost patience for and that's Hahn's inconsitency and Minson's hands. Welsh would be a gamble, but he seems to play ok returning from injury, and Murphy's a no brainer. I personally would leave Stack in as he was crucified with delivery into the forward 50.

What might happen

In : Murphy, Welsh,
Out : Stack, Eagleton

I think even Eade has his limits on Eagleton, and I can't see Stack surviving a 5 possession game (I wouldn't drop him personall)

What probably will happen

In : Murphy
Out : Stack

Which would leave us without an attacking small forward, unless Addison can be considered this - will think it's a too important game to give O'Keefe a debut, though I believe he & Aker could be an effective half forward/small forward switch up (as in both spend time in either role in the same game) Wood had a good debut and I would be surprised to see him dropped. Unless Williams is hurt, I wouldn't drop him - who would we bring in, Cam Wight? Serious question, is there any chance we'd play Wight again, even if to give him value at trade time? I'd be much more in favour of giving Skip that one last chance, but will Wight get one?

boydogs
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
That is a huge over-reaction

Perhaps, but there have been so many under-reactions I think it is appropriate to show the players that was not an acceptable performance. If we continue along our merry way and only make 1-3 changes to bring back injured or rested players then we are accepting mediocrity

Tiller hasn't played for atleast a month.

Callan hasn't played for 2 or 3 weeks.

Tiller & Callan are listed as available for round 20, and of the outs with limited exceptions who has actually played a decent game in that time?

If they are not ready to come in then I would give Stack and Wood a life, the others have been around longer and we are entitled to expect better from them

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
A problem I have with our team selection is that it seems Eade and co. are purely focused on playing our best 22 week in, week out. That is why Eagle is in every week. As much as I don't rate Eagle, I do think he probably has still been in our best 22 over the last couple of weeks. Whether that has changed or out, I still think he shouldn't be in. I believe we are far too short term with the final few selections most weeks. The last 1-2 spots aren't going to make a massive difference and I just wish we would use them to make a statement about what we expect from players. Last year the Saints dropped a couple of guns to make a statement. No matter how poorly our guns play, the only way Eade would drop them is if he felt they were literally out of the best 22.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 08:50 AM
In: Murphy, Welsh, Skipper, Picken

Out: Addison, Eagleton, Minson, Everitt

Stack barely hangs on, but I think it will be a good test of character to see how he responds after a poor game.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Was Minson that bad? I would have thought Hudson was worse.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Was Minson that bad? I would have thought Hudson was worse.

I thought he was terrible.

Hudson won some valuable centre clearances for us and besides Will's tap to Aker his effect was limited. Minson has been very poor over the last 2 or 3 weeks and Skip probably deserves an opportunity.

Go_Dogs
10-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I thought he was terrible.

Hudson won some valuable centre clearances for us and besides Will's tap to Aker his effect was limited. Minson has been very poor over the last 2 or 3 weeks and Skip probably deserves an opportunity.

Could we play all 3, with one as a permanent forward?

Mantis
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Could we play all 3, with one as a permanent forward?

Minson hasn't looked like taking a mark up forward for a while now. So to answer your question I would say no.

Go_Dogs
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Minson hasn't looked like taking a mark up forward for a while now. So to answer your question I would say no.

Adam Morgan never took many marks either. Our structure has looked woeful, but I guess if Murphy or a Welsh come back it does help to a certain extent.

Maybe a week at FF at VFL level to re-discover some confidence for Minson then. I remember reading an article about Lake, and he stated that his stint in the VFL at the start of last year(?) gave him the confidence to really fly for marks again. He hasn't looked back since.

Will is a big boy and has all the tools, I think he just needs the confidence to really stick his arms up above his head and go for the mark.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 09:44 AM

He certainly has not promoted North, was not very media friendly. Not what we need at the Dogs.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Hudson was very good with his inside work, Minson is a part time ruck who does not do enough up forward.
I would hate to rely on Hahn to play a good game in a final. Gee he was disappointing when we needed his big body against the likes of Glass & Hurn.
In: Murphy & Picken (needs this guys grunt for what I think is like an elimination final this week)
Out: Everitt & Stack (unlucky IMHO however someone has to be dropped and it wont be Eagle)

Mofra
10-08-2009, 10:24 AM
In:

Murphy, Picken

Out:

Stack, Eagleton

Can't believe some posters had Stack holding his spot. He was clearly worst on ground for us.

Addison would be out if Reid was fit, Everitt would be out if Tiller was fit.

If Wood gets dropped I'll be mighty pissed.

chef
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
In Murphy, Welsh and Picken

Out Stack, Wood and Everitt.

The next three weeks will decide the future of at least half a dozen players.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
If Wood gets dropped I'll be mighty pissed.

I agree, if we had won people would be talking him up. I like his evasive skills. Especially that passage of play in the 1st qtr when he ran through the middle of the ground, baulked a player, took a bounce then had the confidence to shoot for goal (even though he missed). He has a nice strong body and he backs himself, is worth another game.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Can't believe some posters had Stack holding his spot. He was clearly worst on ground for us.

But the week before he was in our best 5 players.

He was beyond bad on the weekend, but I think he deserves the opportunity to redeem himself.

aker39
10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Re Easton Woods.

This may be a very simplistic view, but I don't believe any player should be dropped after one game. I think any debutant should always be given 2 games to give them a chance to adjust to the pace of the game and get over their 1st game nerves.

Ozza
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Thought Wood was quite good. I liked his dash - and he put his body in some places where he knew he could have been crunched. I think he had more impact than some of our other 'run and carry' players.

Re: Stack, Our fwd set up of Addison, Stack and Aker on the full forward line didn't help any of our guys - Stack had a shocker - but its pretty hard for someone of his size and experience to be winning the ball when it comes in, in the fashion it did.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Re Easton Woods.

This may be a very simplistic view, but I don't believe any player should be dropped after one game. I think any debutant should always be given 2 games to give them a chance to adjust to the pace of the game and get over their 1st game nerves.
What if you have a 10 goal win and the entire team plays well and the debutant played limited game time, and you have a Robert Murphy to come in?

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Out
Stack ommitted
Eagleton (Delisted)
Hahn (?)

In
Murph if fit
Picken / Reid

Wildcards:
Roughy / Ayce (too soon?)

The Pie Man
10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
What probably will happen

In : Murphy
Out : Stack

Can't believe I forgot about Picken, please forgive me

In : Murphy, Picken
Out : Stack......ooh Eagleton sorry but I'm looking at you with Liam coming back

It will probably be Wood though

I'll re-iterate that I think Stack deserves another crack vs Brisbane, but I believe he will be dropped.

aker39
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
What if you have a 10 goal win and the entire team plays well and the debutant played limited game time, and you have a Robert Murphy to come in?

Then Murphy would come in and the debutant would go out and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples you could use to shoot my case down, but if possible, I think the debutant should be given 2 games.

soupman
10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Out
Stack ommitted
Eagleton (Delisted)
Hahn (?)

In
Murph if fit
Picken / Reid

Wildcards:

Extremely soon considering Cordy played for Williamstown reserves two weeks ago and hasn't reallyhad a major impact on a match at VFL level yet.

Drunken Bum
10-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Like many i have never been an Eagleton fan, he has been shocking for 5-6weeks now and is well overdue to be dropped but give him some credit he was playing some decent footy in the first half of the season and was fully deserving of his spot in the side. Its absolute rubbish to say he and Hahn have played maybe 6 decent games between them all year.
FWIW i wanted him cut at the end of last year and i want him gone at the end of this year but his season has been nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 01:37 PM
OUT: Eagelton, Hill, Minson, Hahn

IN: Murphy (or Roughhead/Grant if Murphy not ready), Picken, Skipper, Reid

Bulldogs Bite - you're spot on. 6 decent games between them, and even that might be overestimating.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
OUT: Eagelton, Hill, Minson, Hahn

IN: Murphy (or Roughhead/Grant if Murphy not ready), Picken, Skipper, Reid

Bulldogs Bite - you're spot on. 6 decent games between them, and even that might be overestimating.

Why??

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Inconsistent.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Inconsistent.

Was one of our only forwards who looked like getting a kick even though he was matched up on Darren Glass.

I think you are way off the mark with his demotion.

Surely Everitt or Stack would be gone before Josh.

Mofra
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
But the week before he was in our best 5 players.

He was beyond bad on the weekend, but I think he deserves the opportunity to redeem himself.
After his debut he went back to Willy and performed better than he did prior to his debut. I am hoping the same thing happens.
He's still firmly in the developing basket but regardless of age or inexperience the level of performance was terrible and we need to show him that he'll be dropped for a poor performance as much as he'll be rewarded for a good performance.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
After his debut he went back to Willy and performed better than he did prior to his debut. I am hoping the same thing happens.
He's still firmly in the developing basket but regardless of age or inexperience the level of performance was terrible and we need to show him that he'll be dropped for a poor performance as much as he'll be rewarded for a good performance.

I understand the point you are trying to raise, but it really stinks of double standards when quite a few of his team-mates have played more than one bad game in a row (abit probably not as bad as Stack's latest), but their position in the team has remained safe thus far.

Mofra
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I understand the point you are trying to raise, but it really stinks of double standards when quite a few of his team-mates have played more than one bad game in a row (abit probably not as bad as Stack's latest), but their position in the team has remained safe thus far.
Ideally there wouldn't be double standards because our depth would be better. Just having a fit Tiller, Reid & Callan running around at Willy would give us a completely different sort of pressure on guys in the senior team to hold their spot.

All our senior guys shouldbe in the same boat as far as I'm concerned - if they have a replacement available and are not performing they should be dropped.

Tommy doesn't have a replacement so stays. Eagle's role could be played by Wood or a number of the current midfielders in our side based on what I've seen so I have him out. Murphy would be a better forward than Stack so the switch gets made.

If Tiller was fit I'd have him ahead of Everitt too. Reid may well be ahead of Addison (Callan would be easily if he kept his feet more).

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Mantis, yeah you're right. Stack before Hill. Oversight from me there.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 06:26 PM
If i know our club correctly, it will the young guys who go.

Addison, Stack & Everitt.

mighty_west
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Looks like Crossy will be out as well, having some surgery tonight and could miss 2, might miss up to 6.

:(

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Well with Crossy out, could not see the bald one being dropped from the midfield.

Out: Cross
In: Callan? He gunna play another senior game anytime soon?

Give Stack another shot? Or maybe get him back in a few weeks to make an impact like he did @ Freo?

Who can we bring in if we did drop Addison, Stack & Everitt?

Rocco Jones
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Out: Cross
In: Callan? He gunna play another senior game anytime soon?

Callan has been out of awhile and I think he is still injured. Either way he should come back through Willy. My guess:

OUT: Everitt, Cross

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Callan has been out of awhile and I think he is still injured. Either way he should come back through Willy. My guess:

OUT: Everitt, Cross

Makes sense. Everitt/Stack/Addison - u could drop any 3 of them

Hopefully Bobby is all ready to go, really need him in this must-win game.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
In Murphy, Ried, Picken

Out Cross, Stack, Eagleton

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Out
Stack ommitted
Eagleton (Delisted)
Hahn (?)

In
Murph if fit
Picken / Reid

Wildcards:

You answered it yourself

BulldogBelle
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Out
Stack ommitted
Eagleton (Delisted)
Hahn (?)

In
Murph if fit
Picken / Reid

Wildcards:

You answered it yourself

Eagleton (Delisted)

Ha ha ha- Just wait 5 weeks mate

In
Picken, Muphy

Out
Cross, Everitt

Roughead...Acye....well....we could have Dunstall, Lockett and Carey in our forward 50 but none of them would kick many goals with our substandard delivery

Sedat
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Brisbane's midfield is not super quick but they are great ball winners - I think both Reid (an ideal like-for-like replacement for Crossy) and Picken need to come in this week to bolster our midfield stocks. Everitt and Stack look the likeliest to be sacrificed.

Nothing surer than Eagle will be running through a "200th game for the Dogs" banner on Saturday night. He hasn't been dropped for poor form since the days of Our Mastermind so don't expect it to start this week.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Nothing surer than Eagle will be running through a "200th game for the Dogs" banner on Saturday night. He hasn't been dropped for poor form since the days of Our Mastermind so don't expect it to start this week.

I would think that about 95% of Bulldogs supporters believe that Eagleton shouldn't be in the team, so surely at some point the match committee are going to have to cut their losses and suffer the fall-out that dropping a much respected member of the playing group may cause.

Jasper
11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
how have Addison and stack escaped scrutiny both were below pathetic added nothing and were a liability when they went on the field at least Everett doesn't fumble, can hit a target by foot and take uncontested marks.

out: addison, stack and cross

In Murphy, Reid and o'keefe

I would give Picken another weeks rest he will be important come finals

G-Mo77
11-08-2009, 12:15 PM
If you're not bringing Picken back then Addison stays IMO.

Sedat
11-08-2009, 12:18 PM
how have Addison and stack escaped scrutiny both were below pathetic added nothing and were a liability when they went on the field
I don't think anyone can argue that both were horrendously poor on Saturday, but in the previous week they added significant defensive pressure to our forward line, which had previously been inept at pressuring the opposition defence from rebounding. So the question is do you replace them because of their poor performances on Saturday or do you give one or both of them the chance to redeem themselves and add that defensive dimension to our forward line?

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Stack has to have another chance

In Bobbie Reid

Out Fumbleton Cross (inj)

bornadog
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
In: Picken, Murphy

Out: Cross, Stack (although I would prefer Eagleton out, but can't see it happening)

Go_Dogs
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
In: Picken, Murph (if risked on the Brisbane trip, certainly not a week to bring Welsh back in me thinks)

Out: Everitt, Cross

Addison and Stack to both get another go as their form has at least been better than Everitt's over the previous 2 weeks, and Everitt's intensity is not going to be of benefit in finals. Stack and Addison on the other hand, may offer something.

Mofra
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Everitt's intensity is not going to be of benefit in finals.
Agree and it's a worry. He really needs a natural disaster to take his home so he can find a source of anger that will help him on field.

Sedat
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Agree and it's a worry. He really needs a natural disaster to take his home so he can find a source of anger that will help him on field.
Maybe he's just cut from the same cloth as his brother. Pretty hard to manufacture a fervent desire and intensity that simply may not come naturally. His stagnation is a definitely worry though - massive pre-season coming up for him.

The Coon Dog
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Out - Cross, Stack & Everitt
In - Picken, Murphy, Welsh

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Out - Cross, Stack & Everitt
In - Picken, Murphy, Welsh
Is that a guess, or an educated guess there TCD?

The Coon Dog
12-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Is that a guess, or an educated guess there TCD?

One of those. Mantis reckons that anyway.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
One of those. Mantis reckons that anyway.
Thanks.

If Welsh does come back into the side, is he playing for his spot on the list next year - or has his ticket been punched?

I tend to think his time has come and Hall will ensure that, but if he puts a 6 weeks together of good footy, can he get a contract extension?

bornadog
12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks.

If Welsh does come back into the side, is he playing for his spot on the list next year - or has his ticket been punched?

I tend to think his time has come and Hall will ensure that, but if he puts a 6 weeks together of good footy, can he get a contract extension?

I thought Welsh is playing at Willi this week?

comrade
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM

He should be - he always struggles when he's underdone.

Not worth risking a passenger in our most important game of the year, particularly when you have Bobby coming off an extended lay off as well.

Go_Dogs
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Not worth risking a passenger in our most important game of the year, particularly when you have Bobby coming off an extended lay off as well.

Agreed, especially on a trip up to Brisbane. Hard surface up there too. I certainly wouldn't bring Welsh, and would be cautious with Murph.

Rocco Jones
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM

Totally agree with all that but Eade really has a lot of faith in the older guys/little faith in the younger guys. I really hope they don't pick him but I think Rocket and co. will look for any excuse to bring in Welsh for a kid like Stack or Dre.

bornadog
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM

Totally agree with all that but Eade really has a lot of faith in the older guys/little faith in the younger guys. I really hope they don't pick him but I think Rocket and co. will look for any excuse to bring in Welsh for a kid like Stack or Dre.

Eade was the one that said he would play at Willi

Rocco Jones
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Eade was the one that said he would play at Willi

What Eade says about team selection to the media and what Eade does with team selection can be very different things. I don't think that Welsh will be in the side and I definitely don't thing he should be in the side but you never know with Eade. Especially when you consider how much faith he has in the older guys.

LostDoggy
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Welsh appeared to be training at times away from the main group with the Willy contingent.

bornadog
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
What Eade says about team selection to the media and what Eade does with team selection can be very different things. I don't think that Welsh will be in the side and I definitely don't thing he should be in the side but you never know with Eade. Especially when you consider how much faith he has in the older guys.

True, we have seen that many times this season

Here is an excerpt from The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25910734-5012432,00.html)

Forward Bob Murphy will return from a torn hamstring against the Lions, while Higgins is expected back for the Geelong game after a similar problem, although he said before Saturday's match that the injury was recovering better than expected.

Bulldogs midfielder Daniel Cross underwent surgery last night on the right ankle injured against the Eagles. The length of his recovery time will be known today.

Spearhead Scott Welsh, who struggled for form prior to injuring an ankle, will resume in the VFL this weekend while Daniel Giansiracusa, who damaged a knee in round 13, will return via a similar pathway in a fortnight.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Eade really has a lot of faith in the older guys/little faith in the younger guys. I really hope they don't pick him but I think Rocket and co. will look for any excuse to bring in Welsh for a kid like Stack or Dre.

Sometimes I hate being right. :(

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mantis!

Your/Mantis' In and Outs on a Tuesday night >>>>>>>> afl.com.au Official In and Outs on a Thursday night.

Happy Days
14-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Any mail on a late change?

Have a (completely baseless) suspicion Welsh may not get up.

Mantis
15-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Any mail on a late change?

Have a (completely baseless) suspicion Welsh may not get up.

There was one player who trained only lightly at Wednesday's session and might be doubtful, but there was only 22 players on the track so a change is unlikely.

Higgins & Gia were training hard doing boxing & bike work so hopefully we will see them on the park shortly.