PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - R22 Western Bulldogs vs Collingwood

BulldogBelle
29-08-2009, 08:18 PM
This is the discussion thread for this Sunday's twillight game at Etihad Stadium against Collingwood.

My predictions are:

The Dogs by 23 points
BOG : Jason Akermanis
Brad Johnson to kick the first goal.

jazzadogs
29-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Dogs by 18, miss after the siren which would have let us play the Cats.
BOG: Cooney
Higgins to kick the first.

AndrewP6
29-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Dogs by 7 points
BOG - Aker
First goal Hahn

boydogs
29-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Dogs by 11 points
First Goal Shaun Higgins
BOG Adam Cooney

Scorlibo
29-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Collingwood by 17 points (sorry guys)
BOG - Shaun Higgins
First Goal - Josh Hill

KT31
29-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Dogs by 30
Bog - Johnno
First Goal - Acker

Hotdog60
29-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Wasting 10 mins to find a stream on the internet because Fox is the only broadcast, peeved off because my kids have used up my download and the internet radio keeps on buffering and I don't know whats going on.

But anyway, dogs by 33 points
lake best on ground
First goal liam picken

ratsmac
29-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Dogs by 36
Cooney best on ground
First goal leon davis

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, fingers & toes crossed - ;)

Dogs by 29 points
First goal = Cooney
BOG = Boyd

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Dogs by 32 points
Higins 1st goal
Cooney BOG

The Underdog
30-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Dogs by 20 points
BOG Adam Cooney
First Goal Jason Akermanis

Max469
30-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Dogs by 15 pts

BOG - Aker

1st Goal - Murphy

Go_Dogs
30-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Dogs by 40 points, BOG Cooney, first goal Hahn.

I'm fairly confident we can get up for a good win today. I think we are just starting to hit our best form and our side is looking very strong. Hope the kids can back up their great games from last week and hope Crossy, and Gia and Higgins continue to run themselves back into form.

Today we have the Saints v Demons on FTA...what a game that will be!

mighty_west
30-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Dogs by 48
First Doggies goal - Gia
B.O.G - Cooney

craigsahibee
30-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Dogs by 42
Boyd first goal
Murphy B.O.G.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I think we will win by 30 points

Aker best on ground

Higgins first goal.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 02:19 PM
For those who are interested about my predictions after last weeks fluke..
Dogs by 24
Higgins for first goal
And Boyd for BOG

Carn you mighty dogs!!!!

bornadog
30-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Dogs by 27

First Goal - Hill

bog Cooooooooooooney

firstdogonthemoon
30-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm frightened - I really have no idea

Mantis
30-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm frightened - I really have no idea

Par for the course I would have thought. ;)

I don't care on the result, but I would like to see us play well enough to maintain a top 4 spot and not get any injuries/ reports.

The real season starts next week.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Have a good feeling today (and my Lucky shirt on) Dogs by 36 points, Lake BOG with Gilbee first goal.

I think that the saints & cats will be thinking oh no hope we play the pies next week.:)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Some big margins..I think its gunna be a close one again

Dogs by 19pts
Cooney BOG
Hahn First

I too am sporting the BHBAS t-shirt :D

Bumper Bulldogs
30-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Some big margins..I think its gunna be a close one again

Dogs by 19pts:D

I would have thought that 19 points is not close, that is allowing for us hitting the post at least 6 times:D

anfo27
30-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Dogs by 26 points
Lake BOG
Josh Hill first goal

mhawkins1970
30-08-2009, 03:07 PM
wearing my new doggies hoodie so expecting the lads to lift and win by 6 goals

is that asking too much?

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Our A game wins this by 30
Our B game wins by 12
Our C game losses by 1 (See first game Vs Pies earlier this year)

C game includes for those that forgot first time against Pies.
Johno missing two set shots 35 out straight in front.
Higgins missing from 12mtrs out on the run.
Higgins hitting the post from snap shot.
Minson kicking into man on the Mark from set shot.
50mtr penalty against Aker for holding the jumper. Easy shot to Pies.
Numerous amount of clunkers and turnovers. To many to mention all.

Every pie player played there A game and could not miss a shot if they tried.

Dogs by 30

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Dogs by 40

First goal Akermanis

BOG Akermanis

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 04:46 PM
dogs by 23
first goal gia
cooney BOG

G-Mo77
30-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Going to be tough with Huddo out now.

vho
30-08-2009, 05:32 PM
anyone know if there are any streams for this game?

DOG GOD
30-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Pies by 20 pts
Hudson out will hurt
Hahn 1st goal
Boyd BOG for dogs

Scorlibo
30-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Everyone seems rather confident of a good win, I hope you're right, but if we win I get the feeling that it won't be by much - Collingwood are a better side than Geelong at the moment.

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 05:59 PM

Good question

boydogs
30-08-2009, 06:11 PM

I'm watching http://www.justin.tv/mrrobertson

ledge
30-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Well its all even at quarter time and we have had a few fumbles but all in all no tell tale signs of who will win, Harbrow had a huge possesion quarter though.

vho
30-08-2009, 06:45 PM
good quarter for us, 12 points up at half time. Is it just me or has Everitt really bulked up? he's had an okay game so far, did some nice things.

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Thanks, gogriff.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Great half of footy!
Match and speed of the game has been played on our terms atm! =]

boydogs
30-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Interesting half time stat
WB 141 kicks 85 handballs
Collingwood 84 kicks 111 handballs

Johnno, Aker, Lake and Hargrave have 47 kicks and 2 handballs between them

ledge
30-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I get the feeling we can take this game over after halftime, at the moment we seem to be attacking and they are trying to just block up our forward line and hope we make mistakes and counter attack.

This might sound odd but i actually think Malthouse is afraid of a shoot out bigtime.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Life feed: www.justintv,/mrrobertson

vho
30-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Life feed: www.justintv,/mrrobertson

it's been posted twice and you may want to check your link a little closer. Also, i hate to be pedantic but Life does not equal to Live. :)

ledge
30-08-2009, 07:01 PM
it's been posted twice and you may want to check your link a little closer. Also, i hate to be pedantic but Life does not equal to Live. :)

Before you get slapped vho thats TCDs job to be pedantic on this site, he will not be impressed you doing his job!:D

Mofra
30-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Cheers gogriff, much better than the radio

Scraggers
30-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah BABY !!!

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Super effort!

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Thoughts on Reid, Everitt and Ward today?

Thought Minson had a super game.

Sockeye Salmon
30-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Did we ****ing win by 24?????

Everything crashed with 32 seconds left!!!

ledge
30-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Team effort i thought, Ried and Everitt both had good games and Wardy? He looks so at home in AFL.]
Glad Johnno finally got one that counted, monkey off back if he had one.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Yes, we won by 24 & got THIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ledge

24Pts Sockeye we are 3rd!

boydogs

14.16 to 10.16 :)

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Super effort!

Just a little easing up early in the 3rd apart from that really good effort and close to the most consistent effort all season.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:21 PM
So good to see Johnno thread that goal with 1 minute to go - great for his confidence. LOVE YA JOHNNO!!!!!!! :D

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Thoughts on Reid, Everitt and Ward today?

Thought Minson had a super game.

Reid was ok, Ward played well and Everitt showed a whole lot more than he did a few weeks ago. Minson was great.

Sockeye Salmon
30-08-2009, 08:23 PM
How long ago did the game finish? Superfooty is still saying 26.31 in the last.

JustinTV crashed with 32 seconds to go.

azabob
30-08-2009, 08:25 PM

According to ABC radio the game didnt go much past 26 odd mins. So maybe a second or two after that.

boydogs
30-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Don't recall a stoppage in the last minute, so 32 seconds after it crashed

Mofra
30-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Faaaaaarkking yeaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

24 points, so many bragging rights!!!!!

Sockeye Salmon
30-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't recall a stoppage in the last minute, so 32 seconds after it crashed

What I meant is that Superfooty still hadn't posted the final score about 5 minutes after the game finished.

SEN online wouldn't bloody work.

WOOF - the only reliable place to find out Bulldogs info.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:30 PM
What I meant is that Superfooty still hadn't posted the final score about 5 minutes after the game finished.

SEN online wouldn't bloody work.

Yeah, go WOOF!!!!!!! ;)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:31 PM
To beat the most in form team, and by that margain is simply fantastic!!!
How sweet it is to beat collingwood!! 3rd spot! =D

Mofra
30-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Agree. But I'm no help, every freaking thing on the planet looks goddamn rosy right now.

I love everything at this moment in time.

24 points; must sting Collingwood!!!!

Rance Fan
30-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Well done, dogs -good to see Everitt play well!

G-Mo77
30-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Wins against Brisbane away, Geelong and Collingwood in our last 3 games is massive. Who would have predicted that after the West Coast game. I know I certainly didn't.

The win really means a lot to me. If they lost they would have played Sunday and I have an Elimination Final to play in. I would have had to miss it, now I can go!!

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:40 PM
OH MY GOSH. Don't do this to me Dogs. Don't do this to mee... I'm not used to this type of hope.

Best performed team heading into the finals, beaten two of the top 4 teams in the last two weeks, comfortably at that.

Oh God. Should I put in for a week's worth of leave after the last weekend in September?

FLIPPIN' HECK!

Twodogs
30-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I dont want to lapse into hyperbole but that is our most significant win in a long time.

Things are falling into place.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:43 PM
OH MY GOSH. Don't do this to me Dogs. Don't do this to mee... I'm not used to this type of hope.

Best performed team heading into the finals, beaten two of the top 4 teams in the last two weeks, comfortably at that.

Oh God. Should I put in for a week's worth of leave after the last weekend in September?

FLIPPIN' HECK!

Don't forget the Friday before, gotta go to the parade!!!! :D

My GP is a Bulldogs supporter, I asked him if he could pre date a doctors certificate for me for the Friday before & the whole week after. ;)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:44 PM
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!

Great win, great game by Minson, Ward and Everitt.

Cooney carried the beard very well. Great to see cross back. Harbrow was AWESOME early on. Very happy with Murph and Aker.

I lost my sh!t when Johno kicked the last goal and I made the baby cry with my running 'YEEEAAAH' yell down the hallway. Sorry EJ(Elisha Jade)...

Pretty fired up at this point in time!

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Wow.

We're in seriously good form at the moment.

Very impressed by Everitt today. He really stepped up and held his own in the ruck. He took the game on a few times too and really got involved in general play. Probably his best game for the club IMO. Still a few mistakes but for the most part showed the intensity he's been lacking and was creative and effective with his disposal.

Reid made one howling mistake by dropping the mark and falling to ground but apart from that - he played fantastic. His best game for the club too. Love the way he goes about his footy and he's very clever with the ball tight in close. Seems to be able to get a handpass out to a team mate 9/10 times. Obviously unlikely he'll play finals, but I'd love to see him given a spot. He's earnt it and has shown he's MORE than handy.

Very, very happy.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2009, 08:49 PM
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!

Great win, great game by Minson, Ward and Everitt.

Cooney carried the beard very well. Great to see cross back. Harbrow was AWESOME early on. Very happy with Murph and Aker.

I lost my sh!t when Johno kicked the last goal and I made the baby cry with my running 'YEEEAAAH' yell down the hallway. Sorry EJ(Elisha Jade)...

Pretty fired up at this point in time!

Harbrow was incredible. I'd go as far to say he's in our Top 5 most important players at the moment.

Johnson has been great the last three weeks, Minson stepped up and I thought Welsh was solid too. He reads the play well and gives us another option in the Finals to play back.

Gia/Higgins still look a little off though. Particularly Gia.

Drunken Bum
30-08-2009, 08:51 PM

FLIPPIN' HECK!

i'm moving overseas, finish work on the wed before the Grand Final but have been delaying booking my flight til the dogs were out of the finals as if we make it i will need at least a week to recover. I nearly booked them for grand final day a few weeks back, not jinxing it or anything but pretty glad i didnt now. The lid is off as far as i am concerned

lemmon
30-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Now lets get into the real stuff, really excited for September

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Of course that well known know-all Mickey S is to blame. What hope did the Pies have after his ringing endorsement last week.

Now whatever you do, don't hop on our bandwagon Mickey. Don't break the habits and hatreds of a lifetime.

macca
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Good win, and good reward to get 3rd place. All more sweeter against the pies.Can't believe they only traveled 4 times this year.

Hill - needs to learn to tackle, and lead hard at the ball. Can't relie on his leap all the time

Andrejs Everitt: he could be anything. Good pack mark in the 3rd quarter. Needs to work his burst of spead. Good to see him being used in the ruck, adds something extra to the side

Eagleton - has anyone seen him take a contested mark ? His effort to spoil in the last quarter when Thomas took the mark was pooh and pathetic.

Harbrow: sensational first quarter. His run off half back occassional forays into midfield at some much to the team. Callan and Addison, I think one or the other will be contesting for the depth position at end of season.

Aker and Johnson definitely have lost some of their leg speed. Heath shaw and even toovey burnt them off whilst they were chasing. Both very good and so important to the team.

Welsh: loose man in defense ? Don't know, got away with it today.

Lake: we MUST keep Lake. He has to be one of the best marks in the team, especially at a contest.

Higgins: was sensational today. One more big pre-season and he will be massive. Strong, quick and skillful.

Reid: has he done a groin? Saw him rubbing it on the bench.

Hahn: why don't we every kick to him on the lead ? At least twice today, his lead was ignored. I am more confident with him at 40m.

Minson's tapwork was good today. He just needs to take those marks when he gets his hands on it. What's he afraid of? His one of the biggest and strongest blokes on the ground!

Still lots of improvement in the team.

bornadog
30-08-2009, 09:15 PM
My butcher said he went to training yesterday and he thought Murphy didn't look too good. Also he was told Hudson may be out and they may go in with one ruckman.

Hopefully he is ok for next week.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Eagleton - has anyone seen him take a contested mark ? His effort to spoil in the last quarter when Thomas took the mark was pooh and pathetic.

It was always going to be a Thomas mark. Did you miss the one Eagleton out-bodied Cloke firstly in the air, and then on the ground to win the ball and hit (Murphy?) on the lead 50m out?

Eagleton was very good today.

Lake: we MUST keep Lake. He has to be one of the best marks in the team, especially at a contest.

Welsh has played as a loose man a couple of times this year. He's done it well every time. Kangaroos, Geelong and now tonight from memory. Might be one or two other games. I think this is a positive going into the finals. Welsh has good hands, is composed and reads the play very well. Nice option to have up if and where needed.

Agree re; Lake. Sensational again today. We've gotta keep him.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Hopefully he is ok for next week.

Rocket said after the game he would definitely be back next week. He could of played today if it was a final but they decided not to risk it.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Good win, and good reward to get 3rd place. All more sweeter against the pies.Can't believe they only traveled 4 times this year.

Hill - needs to learn to tackle, and lead hard at the ball. Can't relie on his leap all the time

Andrejs Everitt: he could be anything. Good pack mark in the 3rd quarter. Needs to work his burst of spead. Good to see him being used in the ruck, adds something extra to the side

Harbrow: sensational first quarter. His run off half back occassional forays into midfield at some much to the team. Callan and Addison, I think one or the other will be contesting for the depth position at end of season.

Aker and Johnson definitely have lost some of their leg speed. Heath shaw and even toovey burnt them off whilst they were chasing. Both very good and so important to the team.

Higgins: was sensational today. One more big pre-season and he will be massive. Strong, quick and skillful.

Reid: has he done a groin? Saw him rubbing it on the bench.

Hahn: why don't we every kick to him on the lead ? At least twice today, his lead was ignored. I am more confident with him at 40m.

Minson's tapwork was good today. He just needs to take those marks when he gets his hands on it. What's he afraid of? His one of the biggest and strongest blokes on the ground!

Still lots of improvement in the team.

Lake would have to be in top 3 for marking ability in the competition.

Reid was having a fair crack at the groin on the bench, I think he was just enjoying the game....

Topdog
30-08-2009, 09:27 PM
It was always going to be a Thomas mark. Did you miss the one Eagleton out-bodied Cloke firstly in the air, and then on the ground to win the ball and hit (Murphy?) on the lead 50m out?

Eagleton was very good today.

Yeah he made a few mistakes today but overall had a very good game. That running goal where he ran away from Fraser lifted the Dogs.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Going to be tough with Huddo out now.

Do you know why Huddo was left out?

anfo27
30-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Great work from rocket & his crew. I was worried about Fraser's mobility around the ground, i thought that really hurt us last time. It was a great move to rest Hudson (i dont think he was injured) & go more mobile with Everitt. My seat was 6 rows from the bench & didn't realise how tall Everitt was. Thought that move was crucial & Everitt was pretty good, made some errors but he was important. The big question is, if we play the pies in a final do we go with Hudson or Everitt?

Great result & well done to the boys they worked their backsides off. Sam Reid gee he impresses me & Callan Ward i love this guy. A lot of good signs & still some improvement to go. Bobby will get better, Missy will get better, Gia will be better & Griff back in. Look out cats HERE WE COME.

Jasper
30-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Well done to the Dogs. Everitt really took a step today. Interested to see if he'll hold his position with Griffin and Hudson to come back. Also be interesting to see how Gia goes for his hit on Maxwell...if Gia gets off its hard to see who else could be dropped other than Everitt and Reid.

lemmon
30-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Didnt get to see the game, howd Everitt go in the hitouts?

Bumper Bulldogs
30-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Don't forget the Friday before, gotta go to the parade!!!! :D

My GP is a Bulldogs supporter, I asked him if he could pre date a doctors certificate for me for the Friday before & the whole week after. ;)

Is he looking for business as we all might be down to see him:D

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Also be interesting to see how Gia goes for his hit on Maxwell...if Gia gets off its hard to see who else could be dropped other than Everitt and Reid.
If Gia goes then its a bigger joke than it is now.
It wasn't even worth a 50, only for Collingwood.

NoName
30-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Liked Everitt's match tonight.

bornadog
30-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Great work from rocket & his crew. I was worried about Fraser's mobility around the ground, i thought that really hurt us last time. It was a great move to rest Hudson (i dont think he was injured) & go more mobile with Everitt. My seat was 6 rows from the bench & didn't realise how tall Everitt was. Thought that move was crucial & Everitt was pretty good, made some errors but he was important. The big question is, if we play the pies in a final do we go with Hudson or Everitt?

Great result & well done to the boys they worked their backsides off. Sam Reid gee he impresses me & Callan Ward i love this guy. A lot of good signs & still some improvement to go. Bobby will get better, Missy will get better, Gia will be better & Griff back in. Look out cats HERE WE COME.

How good was that goal Everitt kicked in the first quarter.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I thought Everitt played pretty well. Had good intensity and he has quite a bit of pace.

anfo27
30-08-2009, 09:51 PM
How good was that goal Everitt kicked in the first quarter.

It was good, he took it very well. He over kicked the ball a few times & made a few poor decisions but regardless he was an important player.

Eagles goal was the one that got me off my seat.

How good was Wards mark going back into the pack? This kid has no fear.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:16 PM
It was good, he took it very well. He over kicked the ball a few times & made a few poor decisions but regardless he was an important player.

Eagles goal was the one that got me off my seat.

How good was Wards mark going back into the pack? This kid has no fear.

OOOHHHH! Eagle's running goal was supurb!!
Full sprint from defencive 50 and to kick the goal from 45 with control is fantastic!
Goal of the day!

lemmon
30-08-2009, 10:20 PM
How'd Everitt fair in the ruck contest and hitouts?

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:20 PM
For those who are interested about my predictions after last weeks fluke..
Dogs by 24
Higgins for first goal
And Boyd for BOG

Carn you mighty dogs!!!!

I'd say 2/3 is just as good as last week, since Everitt WAS a late addition to the team ;)
2 weeks from 2 that ive gotten the margain right..this is actually quite scary!!

lemmon
30-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd say 2/3 is just as good as last week, since Everitt WAS a late addition to the team ;)
2 weeks from 2 that ive gotten the margain right..this is actually quite scary!!

Rainman? Gotta start cashing in on these predictions

BulldogBelle
30-08-2009, 11:02 PM
If Gia goes then its a bigger joke than it is now.
It wasn't even worth a 50, only for Collingwood.

Maxwell milked a soft bump........
The Collingwood crowd didnt help either
It was a soft soft bump.......................SOFT............
Not even worth 50m

Cross will be fine as well, he went to tackle the bloke and their heads clashed, Cross was all eyes for the ball

Topdog
30-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Ah **** that was fantastic. Absolutely love beating the Pies and to knock them out of 3rd made it so much better.

My dad (mad Pies supporter) left as soon as the siren sounded with my mates and I singing the song loudly. Of course he was my lift to the game so that kind of sucked but I managed to see his car waiting in line whilst I was walking back to the train station. Hopped in and told him he was a typical pies supporter, worst sore losers around.

Also saw the famous Rocco on level 3 briefly after the game. I was the guy who akwardly said 'hey' as I was walking past.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Rainman? Gotta start cashing in on these predictions

Too bad im underage and can't put a punt on the game..if only! haha

anfo27
30-08-2009, 11:17 PM
How'd Everitt fair in the ruck contest and hitouts?

He competed quite well & dont know how many hit outs he won but he was more important around the ground. Great move and not one that i saw coming

anfo27
30-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Too bad im underage and can't put a punt on the game..if only! haha

you would'nt be the first underage kid to go to a tab and have a punt

LostDoggy
How good was Cooneys dodge, weave and twist out trouble in the third??

Max469

Have you got next weeks lotto numbers?

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Pies supporters are still by far the worst supporters in the legue!

Loved being next to the cheer squad waving the flag in their faces when we had the game in the bag then even more so when we took back 3rd place.

AndrewP6
30-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Great win to finish off the regular season! Love to beat the Pies anytime, even better to do it for 3rd spot! Johnno had a great captains game, even with a few shockers with disposal. Aker wasn't the game winner, but he adds great poise and smarts to the team. Everitt I thought did quite well, showed some good signs. Who would have picked him for the first goal? But he steadied well, and showed poise to drill it.

Lake and Harbs down back - fantastic. Harb's reading of the play, and willingness to take them on, is terrific to watch, and Bryza is so reliable. Thought Picken did some good things, some nice spoils.

Is Gia 100%??? He was really ordinary today... hope he's OK.

Ward is going to be a gun. Hard at the contest, shows maturity beyond his years.

Fantastic effort Dogs!

ratsmac
30-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Ward is going to be a gun. Hard at the contest, shows maturity beyond his years.

Callan Ward is definatly one of my fav's, so hard at it and his decision making has improved so much in the second half of the season. How's his mark running back with the flight. If Daniel Rich wasn't such a gun, I would say Ward would be a chance for the rising star!!

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Great momentum going into finals!!
Unlike last year when we limped there and had no idea of what to do..

AndrewP6
30-08-2009, 11:36 PM
How's his mark running back with the flight.

Terrific effort... players like that can change contests...

anfo27
30-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Great win to finish off the regular season! Love to beat the Pies anytime, even better to do it for 3rd spot! Johnno had a great captains game, even with a few shockers with disposal. Aker wasn't the game winner, but he adds great poise and smarts to the team. Everitt I thought did quite well, showed some good signs. Who would have picked him for the first goal? But he steadied well, and showed poise to drill it.

Lake and Harbs down back - fantastic. Harb's reading of the play, and willingness to take them on, is terrific to watch, and Bryza is so reliable. Thought Picken did some good things, some nice spoils.

Is Gia 100%??? He was really ordinary today... hope he's OK.

Fantastic effort Dogs!

I think i have a man crush. I love Callan Ward.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:43 PM
If Ward was at a 'big' club would be talked about for the rising star award.

Topdog
If he can improve his kicking at goal he will be an absolute star.

The Coon Dog

There's something special about Callan isn't there.

Thank you Richmond! Thank you Richmond! Thank you Richmond! Thank you Richmond!

I could say it a million times & I wouldn't get sick of saying it!

Scorlibo
Terrific effort... players like that can change contests...

We are going to have some kind of midfield in the coming years - Cooney, Griffen, Higgins the high draft picks who were always going to be superstars, Ward, who just shows a tremendous mix of contested and polished football, Boyd and Cross the two workhorses, Wallis and Libba, the two sons of guns. :) Exciting times both now and ahead.

AndrewP6
30-08-2009, 11:44 PM

I'll stick with Aker for the time being...

***DISCLAIMER*** - My apparent man-crush on Jason Akermanis should NOT in any way be perceived as indicating my general preferences for persons of the same gender. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Mantis
30-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Not that it's an easy thing, but it's good that the only things in Cal's game we need to fix are the easy one's.

Give the boy an extra yard of pace and he is going to be a superstar... He is going to be a damn good player anyway... Perhaps I'm just being picky.

Topdog
30-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Not that it's an easy thing, but it's good that the only things in Cal's game we need to fix are the easy one's.

Give the boy an extra yard of pace and he is going to be a superstar... He is going to be a damn good player anyway... Perhaps I'm just being picky.

Oh we both are but thats because he has only played about 20 games of football and has shown sooooo much already. As TCD said 'Thank you Richmond'

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 12:00 AM
I have a crush on Cal. He can look kinda hot too, always makes things better.
I do love watching him play though, I LOVE his lack of fear and how he really backs up himself and his team mates.

Guys thanks for the detailed comments on the game too, I missed it due to work and have got a pretty good outline of what happened now! ITS GOT ME SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!

Bring it on, Geelong! (I live in Geelong at the moment, and if we win for the second time playing them withing three weeks, I will be filled with joy and smugness).

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 12:04 AM
When he takes those marks running with the flight & jumping in the air, regardless of the consequences I just yell out 'Callan The Brave'!

Just seems to roll off the tongue.

The Pie Man
31-08-2009, 08:19 AM
When he takes those marks running with the flight & jumping in the air, regardless of the consequences I just yell out 'Callan The Brave'!

Just seems to roll off the tongue.

Agreed

(to the tune of Scotland the Brave - lifted completely from the MVFC theme song)

Oh Bulldogs, hear the sound of drumming
Must be Callan Ward coming
Pumped up and full of running
Callan the brave

Red, White & Blue are flying
Strike like a flash of lightning
Revved up and full of fighting
Callan the brave

And in the heat of battle
Stand up and show no fear
Proud and courageous
Marching on to Victory

Oh Bulldogs, hear the sound of drumming
Must be Callan Ward coming
Pumped up and full of running
Callan the brave

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Does anyone else agree that the 22 point target added a lot of excitement to the game in the last 5 minutes? We had the game won and I was more than happy with that but even the Collingwood supporters were just hoping their side could sneak the last goal in to drag back the margin.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Does anyone else agree that the 22 point target added a lot of excitement to the game in the last 5 minutes? We had the game won and I was more than happy with that but even the Collingwood supporters were just hoping their side could sneak the last goal in to drag back the margin.

it did make it more exciting. All the Collongwood supporters around us were just wanting a goal in that final minute. They would have seen it as a win if they got it. So that makes it a double win for us.

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 09:28 AM

Yes, for sure. I just wanted a win & when that was assured, I did want to get above them.

dog town
31-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Harbrow was incredible. I'd go as far to say he's in our Top 5 most important players at the moment.

Johnson has been great the last three weeks, Minson stepped up and I thought Welsh was solid too. He reads the play well and gives us another option in the Finals to play back.

Gia/Higgins still look a little off though. Particularly Gia. The big positive with Higgins at the moment IMO is that he is bursting away when running. I thought he might struggle to get his zip back when he returned from injury but he was able to pull away from a few players last night.

Probably a fair call with Harbrow. The thing with him at the moment is he is very hard to shut down. If he was just getting handball receives then you could hatch some sort of plan for him. The fact that he is winning the ball as much through interceptions, harrassing the opposition and swooping on loose balls makes him very hard to stop.He has been vital because it gives us another angle to come at the opposition. Teams can no longer just sit on Gilbee because our defense as a team is very dangerous. Hargrave, Harbrow, Gilbee, Lake all offer a bit in an attacking sense.

It says a bit that both times we have played the pies this year their whole game plan has revolved around turning our backmen around and kicking it over their heads. They are very conscious of not wanting our defenders to settle and work together.

Desipura
31-08-2009, 09:42 AM
It is an area he will need to improve. When he does hit it sweetly, he certainly does get distance as shown with his 50m goal.
I wonder how MJP who saw him at u18 level sees his kicking?

Desipura
31-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree, in fact it was like a limited over a game. That smother in the final seconds then to hear the siren, how sweet that sound was!
I just wish Etihad Stadium had shown the live ladder after every goal, not just every so often.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 09:46 AM
it did make it more exciting. All the Collongwood supporters around us were just wanting a goal in that final minute. They would have seen it as a win if they got it. So that makes it a double win for us.

For the Pies it would have been a minor victory, some sort of reward for being beaten.
Like TCD, once the victory was assured I was just willing the side to get the right margin.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:08 AM
For the Pies it would have been a minor victory, some sort of reward for being beaten.
Like TCD, once the victory was assured I was just willing the side to get the right margin.

And how exactly, perfectly right it was too. All this umming and ahhing about needing to win by 22 or 23 (depending on the score), how about putting all doubt out of the equation and doing it by 24? And how right it was that it was Johnno -- so much maligned for missing the final kick in recent times -- kicking the goal that put us over the top?

You beauty.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:30 AM

Hey B-RadBulldog, I know you've been asked about the lotto numbers, but I can't wait to see yourprediction for next week's game???? :cool:

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:33 AM
And how exactly, perfectly right it was too. All this umming and ahhing about needing to win by 22 or 23 (depending on the score), how about putting all doubt out of the equation and doing it by 24? And how right it was that it was Johnno -- so much maligned for missing the final kick in recent times -- kicking the goal that put us over the top?

You beauty.

You beauty exactly - it was like a perfectly scripted play with Johnno sealing that margin late in the quarter. My partner is a Pies supporter, and he wasn't very happy with me last night. Said he was only stirring me, but I reckon there was some seriousness to the poor loser attitude, blaming the umpires, etc., etc.,!!! I don't rub it in, but let me say, the victory was bl***dy sweet! :cool:

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:47 AM
You beauty exactly - it was like a perfectly scripted play with Johnno sealing that margin late in the quarter. My partner is a Pies supporter, and he wasn't very happy with me last night. Said he was only stirring me, but I reckon there was some seriousness to the poor loser attitude, blaming the umpires, etc., etc.,!!! I don't rub it in, but let me say, the victory was bl***dy sweet! :cool:

Gee thats rich, a pies fan blaming the umps...

NoParkingOnMatchDays
31-08-2009, 11:08 AM
How did people rate Cross game coming back early from his surgery?

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 11:21 AM
How did people rate Cross' game coming back early from his surgery?

You wouldn't have even known he'd had an injury, just kept on keeping on.

Some of his marks backing back were super important.

Ozza
31-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Crossy had an enormous last quarter. Love watching the attack on the ball from Cross, Ward, Picken and Harbrow - always happy to dive in head first, back back into packs and put themselves in the line of fire.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey B-RadBulldog, I know you've been asked about the lotto numbers, but I can't wait to see yourprediction for next week's game???? :cool:

As i said last week, im gonna keep it till the Game Day thread!
Don't wanna jinx it or anything like that! ;)