PDA

View Full Version : We win GF '09 looking forward as of now as if..

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
If we are to win this year, and I believe we are as good a chance as the others, lets look forward as of now. What will happen? Will Griffen fulfill his promise and break the lines dancing around opponents to deliver bombs to Higgins in the goalsquare? Will we get there by grinding wins by tackling and forcing turnovers? Will Johnson become a greater legend by turning it on in the next two games? This is f_____g it. What will happen as we win it????

AndrewP6
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't take this the wrong way - how many have you had tonight? :)

LostDoggy
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
It doesn't hurt to get excited....... ;)

It'll be Johnno's 350th and he will turn it on. Will kick 5 goals, 0 points. BOG performance. :)

mighty_west
12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
It doesn't hurt to get excited....... ;)

It'll be Johnno's 350th and he will turn it on. Will kick 5 goals, 0 points. BOG performance. :)

Surely we can't make him play his big milestone again round one, like his 300th game against the Crows.

The way we can win the big one, is a combination of both hard tackling, pressure, breaking down the oppositons midfield somewhat, zoneing off from defence, and the likes of Griffen, Cooney, Eagleton, Harbrow, Gilbee etc to break the lines and hit the targets up forward.

I really like the hardness of the likes of Picken, Timmy Callan, Ward etc towards the oppositon & towards the ball, the harder we go in, the harder we apply our pressures, the more chances we will have going the other way.

Simple, we win in the middle, we win the game, we don't, well................................if we are having to rely on bombing the ball forward in hope, then we are no chance in hell, it's all won it the guts.

IF we bring our A game, we can win it, we don't, we wont, pretty simple really.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Don't take this the wrong way - how many have you had tonight? :)

Are you saying I'd have to be affected to imagine us winning it????

I'm saying we have a chance that we have only had twice in the last 45 years. This could be it. How do you imagine it will unfold. Dare to imagine. Don't let 45 years of disappointment prejudice your experience of what may be about to unfold. This could well be it. The GF is two weeks away and we are still in it.
If Andrew thinks you'd need to be intoxicated to dare to imagine, who amongst us has the courage to imagine how it will unfold?
Who will stand up to prove themselves the men of the moment, the men of our history? Hawthorn has Hodge, Drew, Brereton et al. Who will be ours?

AndrewP6
12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Are you saying I'd have to be affected to imagine us winning it????

I'm saying we have a chance that we have only had twice in the last 45 years. This could be it. How do you imagine it will unfold. Dare to imagine. Don't let 45 years of disappointment prejudice your experience of what may be about to unfold. This could well be it. The GF is two weeks away and we are still in it.

Sure, I dream as much as anyone, and no there's nothing wrong with that at all...I guess my approach is a bit more cynical/pessimistic. I'll watch it unfold on Friday night, wishing, hoping, imagining... but I also like to deal with reality. And the reality is, we are up against a team that only lost two games all year, who accounted comfortably for us both times this year, and who have consistently played better footy than most teams in '09 (including us). And our placing of 3rd is, IMO probably on the money.

I prefer to go in just enjoying the atmosphere of finals footy, and don't build my hopes up too much. I recall the years at the arse end of the ladder in the early 2000s, and love the fact that we're still alive two weeks out from the big dance.

That said, I'd love nothing more than for the Doggies to prove me wrong.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Sure, I dream as much as anyone, and no there's nothing wrong with that at all...I guess my approach is a bit more cynical/pessimistic. I'll watch it unfold on Friday night, wishing, hoping, imagining... but I also like to deal with reality. And the reality is, we are up against a team that only lost two games all year, who accounted comfortably for us both times this year, and who have consistently played better footy than most teams in '09 (including us). And our placing of 3rd is, IMO probably on the money.

I prefer to go in just enjoying the atmosphere of finals footy, and don't build my hopes up too much. I recall the years at the arse end of the ladder in the early 2000s, and love the fact that we're still alive two weeks out from the big dance.

That said, I'd love nothing more than for the Doggies to prove me wrong.

Why did you post then? Don't just post for the sake of it. The post is for those who care to imagine how a victory will unfold, not for boring negation and doubt. Who wants that if you're a supporter and a believer?
As a techer I would have thought you'd be all too aware of the paucity and cheapness of "I don't believe". That's for the undeveloped.

AndrewP6
12-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Why did you post then? Don't just post for the sake of it. The post is for those who care to imagine how a victory will unfold, not for boring negation and doubt. Who wants that if you're a supporter and a believer?
As a techer I would have thought you'd be all too aware of the paucity and cheapness of "I don't believe". That's for the undeveloped.

calling me "undeveloped"...

ouch...

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2009, 11:23 PM
calling me "undeveloped"...

ouch...

Yes I'm calling you 'undeveloped and also 'Bulldogs Team of the Century' whereas I'm "Draftee' yet we joined at the same time.
As 'Bulldogs Team of the Century' surely you would support post rather than cheaply and thoughtlessly negate them, especially from a junior, a "Draftee'.
Are you more 'senior' than me because you simply post without really editing whether or not you add to the post or just want your voice heard?
If I post it's passionately felt.

AndrewP6
12-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes I'm calling you 'undeveloped and also 'Bulldogs Team of the Century' whereas I'm "Draftee' yet we joined at the same time.
As 'Bulldogs Team of the Century' surely you would support post rather than cheaply and thoughtlessly negate them, especially from a junior, a "Draftee'.
Are you more 'senior' than me because you simply post without really editing whether or not you add to the post or just want your voice heard?
If I post it's passionately felt.

As for the "Team of the Century" bit, it's nothing to do with me. Something done as part of the forum set-up. Couldn't care less what I'm referred to by.

Sorry if I offended... I simply offered a different opinion. I made a joke with the initial one, didn't realise it was such a serious issue. Yet without knowing me you call me "undeveloped" ???

Won't bother you again. 1000 apologies.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I thought I started a good thread. It provided an opportunity to speculate who may make themselves heroes and give us a chance to speculate how history may favourably unfold for us. God knows we've had little chance to realistically imagine this. For a regular WOOFER who I respected to so carelessly and insultingly to dismiss it as delusional and drug induced offends me.
Are we so inured that we reduce ourselves to this?

AndrewP6
13-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I thought I started a good thread. It provided an opportunity to speculate who may make themselves heroes and give us a chance to speculate how history may favourably unfold for us. God knows we've had little chance to realistically imagine this. For a regular WOOFER who I respected to so carelessly and insultingly to dismiss it as delusional and drug induced offends me.
Are we so inured that we reduce ourselves to this?

Sorry again...

Scorlibo
13-09-2009, 12:21 AM
For us to get to the GF, and then to win it, would require special performances from Aker, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Johnno, Murph and Lake as game-breakers, in both the PF and the GF.

Preferably,

Aker tears apart the Saints with 20+ touches and 5 goals to put a mediochre semi behind him.
Murph does likewise with 15 marks in the Prelim.
Lake quells the influence of Koschitzke, goes forward in the last quarter and kicks the winning goal.
Cooney has 12 clearances in the GF.
Griffen breaks 10 tackles in the GF.
Higgins has 7 goal assists in the GF.
Johnno kicks 6 goals in the GF, including the match-winner, after the siren.

Ambition and hope aside though:D, going through those names, there are a number of players who can win a game for us and they are all ready to hit form and play a couple of rippers.

Go dogs.:)

Dry Rot
13-09-2009, 01:40 AM
I don't think we'll make the GF but if we do, then I'd love to see Harbrow beating 3 Cats defenders and kick the winning goal.

I have actually had a dream about this.

There's no time left and after a shitty first quarter the Dogs have fought their way back into it. We're all over the Cats in the last quarter but missing goals and 3 points behind with 20 seconds left. The Cats defenders clear the ball yet again and in the middle Ablett* goes for a fancy pick up, turn and kick it to an open Cats forward line.

But he gets a cruel bounce and Harbrow grabs the ball on the run, beats three Cats and sends a long ball through the sticks.

SIREN!!!!

Next best would be Eagleton kicking 5 including the winning goal. This site's server would go down under the weight of revisionist man love posts for the Bald Eagle.

* And Goodes wins the Brownlow this year too. Suck **** Ablett.

boydogs
13-09-2009, 01:57 AM
PF
Saints kick the first 3 through Riewoldt and Kosi however Cooney and Griffen then get started and hit up leading forwards to draw level at quarter time. The game becomes dour and Ward, Picken and Cross play great defensive roles on Montagna, Dal Santo and Hayes to limit their forward thrusts. 5 goals to 4 at half time, 7 goals to 6 at 3/4 time. The Saints then get the first two of the last and Johnno and Aker lift just as the Saints defense looks inpenetrable and get us over the line

GF
The Pies get over the Cats and the Dogs start favourite. Our midfield is beaten early as our poor starts continue and Pies are up by 12 at quarter time. Hahn goes into the midfield and lays out Swan, a melee ensues and the Dogs are first to settle hitting the front just before half time. Boyd and Cross get on top in the 3rd and Higgins and Johnno get on top of their opponents. Morris and Lake hold Cloke and Anthony, Gilbee and Harbrow provide rebound and Nathan Eagleton stands up when it counts. Dogs by 24 at 3/4 time. Pies go tall up forward in the last, and Brian Lake out marks each one of them, peeling off to help out his team mates. Hargrave's kicking holds up under pressure and the Dogs repel the desperate attacks. Our fitness holds up and we hold on to win by 22, Ryan Griffen Norm Smith with 30 touches and 2 goals

Dry Rot
13-09-2009, 02:01 AM
PF
Hahn goes into the midfield and lays out Swan, a melee ensues

Love that bit. :D

Can you add someone laying out Thomas too?

boydogs
13-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Love that bit. :D

Can you add someone laying out Thomas too?

Nah waste of effort ;)

Dry Rot
13-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Nah waste of effort ;)

Know what you mean, but there would still be some satisfaction.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I am looking forward to the Aker handstand...
Maybe the whole team could bust it out!!!

Just 2 wins away!!!!