PDA

View Full Version : Training - Finals week 3

The Coon Dog
13-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Tuesday 11am - Whitten Oval.

Thursday 11am - MCG.

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I am trying to think of legitimate reasons for taking my class on an excursion to one of those training sessions. We are going on an excursion to the Melbourne Aquarium on Thursday, perhaps we can take a detour.

LostDoggy
13-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I am trying to think of legitimate reasons for taking my class on an excursion to one of those training sessions. We are going on an excursion to the Melbourne Aquarium on Thursday, perhaps we can take a detour.

Haha where trying to think of some reason to go to the Whitten oval on Tuesday as well, mm taking 2-3 yr olds there would be lots of fun hahaha......

Remember to go and support the cheersqaud while your there(sausage sizzle), it all helps with the banners...

strebla
13-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Haha where trying to think of some reason to go to the Whitten oval on Tuesday as well, mm taking 2-3 yr olds there would be lots of fun hahaha......

Remember to go and support the cheersqaud while your there(sausage sizzle), it all helps with the banners...

yay I love a sausage sizzle

Crizza
13-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Definitely going; my 3 year old daughter loves a sausage sizzle; its half the reason we go to bunnings.

bornadog
13-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I will be there.

LostDoggy
13-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I'll go after gym, gotta take these opportunities during finals when you have free time :D

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll be there and next week as well

dog town
14-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I am on holidays. May pop over tomorrow for a look.

Desipura
15-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I will be there as well.

neodog
15-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I will be attending and grabbing something from the Bulldog shop aswell.

Ozza
15-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I will be attending and grabbing something from the Bulldog shop aswell.

likewise.

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Heading down soon, wearing my season-type aqua beardo tshirt

Mantis
15-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Early report from training is that Griffen is moving fine and showing no signs of his 'corky' in the calf region.

westdog54
15-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Early report from training is that Griffen is moving fine and showing no signs of his 'corky' in the calf region.

Moved very well, no dramas there.

Murphy and Higgins trained away from the main group for a time, but looked ok. Minson sat out most of the session after stubbing his toe but no dramas there either.

Players signed autographs after the session. I'll put up some photos at some stage.

neodog
15-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Was there also. Griffen is ok, he will play this Friday, I also got a photo with Callan Ward!!!

The Coon Dog
15-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I saw a few Ben Hudson T-Shirts there too!

bornadog
15-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Good to catch up with a few woofers today. Good crowd and very appreciative of the players.

Minson also trained away from the group, due to his stubbed toe, but will be ok to play.

Rocket spoke to the media and said he doesn't think there will be any changes this week, although still tossing up about Williams.

Other players in the squad training were:

Addison, Stack, Lynch, Hill, Wood, Everitt, Skipper.

Also saw Boumann training on his own.

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 03:51 PM
just heard a whisper about Wood.... whaddya reckon????? My spies say he was B.O.G for Willie on the W/E...

Desipura
15-09-2009, 04:11 PM
just heard a whisper about Wood.... whaddya reckon????? My spies say he was B.O.G for Willie on the W/E...
Its no secret he was very good on the weekend, it was there for all to see on the ABC.

Ozza
15-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Enjoyed a snag in bread, training and a visit to the bulldog shop. Good atmosphere at the kennel today.

Ozza
15-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Its no secret he was very good on the weekend, it was there for all to see on the ABC.

Think hughy was a bit tongue in cheek there...but one of his mates is adamant that wood was terrific and should be the one to come into the side. Going to be an interesting selection. I can't for the life of me remember seeing Harbrow or Hahn today on the track - though I only thought that after leaving. Can anyone confirm they saw those two?

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Good to catch up with a few woofers

Got my huddo tshirt signed by the bearded one himself. Picked up a $20 white training tshirt from the shop, bargin.

Dunno what was with the StKilda fool getting onto the ground and walking up the boundary stirring the dogs supporters. He then helped carry out some camera gear for the sunrise or today show team. Not sure what that was all about?

neodog
15-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Think hughy was a bit tongue in cheek there...but one of his mates is adamant that wood was terrific and should be the one to come into the side. Going to be an interesting selection. I can't for the life of me remember seeing Harbrow or Hahn today on the track - though I only thought that after leaving. Can anyone confirm they saw those two?

Harbrow was definitely there. Saw him practiced kicking for goals and few nice passes.

I observed that the players with supposely good kick (gilbee, gia, harbrow, akka) weight the speed of the ball delivery perfectly so that the marking player do not need to stop stride whereas the not so good a kick the marking player sit underneath and waits for a bit. It is not noticeable on the track but in the game this is when the marking player get crunched/spoiled.

neodog
15-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Good to catch up with a few woofers

Got my huddo tshirt signed by the bearded one himself. Picked up a $20 white training tshirt from the shop, bargin.

Dunno what was with the StKilda fool getting onto the ground and walking up the boundary stirring the dogs supporters. He then helped carry out some camera gear for the sunrise or today show team. Not sure what that was all about?

i actually spoke to him and he is a hawks man. He admitted after i sounded him out about Riewolt having an injury and will miss the game . He was put up to stir the crowd to get some nice TV shots, i hope we make the news report.

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Hawthorn man, Interesting haha. Yeah hope theres some good footage of it

Ozza
15-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Harbrow was definitely there. Saw him practiced kicking for goals and few nice passes.

Thanks.

Cyberdoggie
15-09-2009, 05:32 PM

SEN mentioned only Minson wasn't out on the track.
Eade said he had stubbed his toe, but was adamant that he would be training at the MCG on thursday.

Eade was also asked about possible inclusions, he named the usual culprits but fell short of naming Josh Hill. Rocket said quite bluntly that he performed poorly on the weekend, and that Brad Dick showed that when he got dropped he put in a good performance the following week in the VFL and was rewarded with a spot back in the senior side. He then said that it doesn't matter who you are if you don't perform you get treated the same.

(Not sure i totally agree with what Eade said as there are clear examples of senior players not performing and yet the younger players are straight back out to Williamstown if they have a 1 game dip in performance. Although it is pretty clear that he is trying to teach Josh Hill something in regards to his effort. Just hope it doesn't back fire.)

strebla
15-09-2009, 05:50 PM
It was a good morning they all seemed to move very freely and I also got my T-shirt sighned met a few fellow woofers and cought up with supporters I haven't seen in a while.. Mrs Strebla got some good pics I will post them later after she has done what she does

comrade
15-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Also saw Boumann training on his own.

A suprise inclusion to combat Riewoldt?

The beginning of an epic key position rivalry to match Carey/Jakovich?

Is comrade getting overly excited?

OH YES!

bornadog
15-09-2009, 06:29 PM

OH YES!

I was waiting for it:D

AndrewP6
15-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Or maybe he just smells...

boydogs
15-09-2009, 07:07 PM

OH YES!

Out: Murphy - too sore, can't kick
In: Boumann - fit and in form tall that can play either end. Excitement of debuting in a final will give us a boost

What are the chances?

azabob
15-09-2009, 07:31 PM

OH YES!

In: Boumann - fit and in form tall that can play either end. Excitement of debuting in a final will give us a boost

What are the chances?

So has now Boumann becoming the new Guy O'keffee as in the supporters choice for next in line for debut?

comrade
15-09-2009, 07:45 PM
So has now Boumann becoming the new Guy O'keffee as in the supporters choice for next in line for debut?

Boumann > O'Keefe

azabob
15-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Boumann > O'Keefe

Goes without saying!!!!!

Have you already put the request in to be his player sponsor next year?;)

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 07:57 PM

What are the chances?

Are you crazy?!!?!? What a risk man!

It was not long ago the kid couldn't even make the cut at Williamstown Seniors and now you want him to play his 1st AFL game in a cut throat prelim final against the best team in the competition. I didn't think he was even that good for Williamstown last week. So in my opinion not even his current form warrants him selection.

BulldogBelle
15-09-2009, 08:07 PM

What are the chances?

He's the most in-form player ever who's never actually played a game!

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah listened to a short comment from Huddo before he signed the shirt, talking about his middle name. Someone must of mentioned their name is Reid and he said 'like my middle name but different spelling' My middle name is Read..as in, read a book. Weird huh?

Beardo is a pissa :D

boydogs
15-09-2009, 08:20 PM

It was not long ago the kid couldn't even make the cut at Williamstown Seniors and now you want him to play his 1st AFL game in a cut throat prelim final against the best team in the competition. I didn't think he was even that good for Williamstown last week. So in my opinion not even his current form warrants him selection.

I'll take that as a 0% ;)
I found it odd he is still training with the senior group, but even still half the side would probably have to be quarantined with swine flu for him to get a go

bornadog
15-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Lighten up, we are just joking.:D

comrade
15-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Lighten up, we are just joking.:D

Were we? :o

:D

Julie C
15-09-2009, 08:36 PM
We could do with Wood taking a few high marks. Josh Hill didn't seem to do enough to warrant a return.

boydogs
15-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tuesday 11am - Whitten Oval.

Thursday 11am - MCG.

Is the Thursday session open to the public?
If so, who's going and will they have the car park open?

The Coon Dog
15-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Is the Thursday session open to the public?
If so, who's going and will they have the car park open?

No, closed session, only open to the media & only for 20 mins.

boydogs
15-09-2009, 09:00 PM
No, closed session, only open to the media & only for 20 mins.

Thanks TCD. Glad they are having another run on the G at least

strebla
15-09-2009, 09:45 PM

These are some pics of todays training , more on BHBAS thread.

Templeton31
15-09-2009, 09:49 PM
We could do with Wood taking a few high marks. Josh Hill didn't seem to do enough to warrant a return.

Welcome aboard WOOF Julie C. Nice first post.

The Coon Dog
15-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice pics Strebla (& Mrs. Strebla).

Thanks for that.

AndrewP6
15-09-2009, 10:23 PM

These are some pics of todays training , more on BHBAS thread.

Nice pics... Higgins has really muscled up this year, hasn't he?

Ozza
16-09-2009, 11:59 AM
The Bulldog Shop sales really get a good kick along by us being in the finals - another week and the sales will go through the roof! Picked up a bulldogs training singlet yesterday.

The Coon Dog
16-09-2009, 12:04 PM
The Bulldog Shop sales really get a good kick along by us being in the finals - another week and the sales will go through the roof! Picked up a bulldogs training singlet yesterday.
Some real bargains to be had too.

Kudos to the staff of the Western Bulldogs for handing out free caps yesterday. It was a sunny day so they were well received.

Ozza
16-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Also, they will be getting copies of Year of The Dogs in the Bulldog Shop soon for anyone interested.

My sister works for Shock records (who do cd, dvd's etc distribution) and whilst Year of the Dogs is now a deleted line - they still had some copies. So I told her to contact the Bulldogs shop and see if they want to be sent some and I think that is happening soon.

I'm looking fwd to getting my hands on a copy myself.

Julie C
16-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Welcome aboard WOOF Julie C. Nice first post.
Thanks,
I only heard of this site at training yesterday. I love it already.
Go Dogs!!!

Desipura
16-09-2009, 01:48 PM

OH YES!
Peter Dean was on ABC radio this morning and named the obvious canditates that could possibly come in ie Williams, Reid & Everitt then said " or there could be a surprise inclusion". Could be interesting........

neodog
16-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Peter Dean was on ABC radio this morning and named the obvious canditates that could possibly come in ie Williams, Reid & Everitt then said " or there could be a surprise inclusion". Could be interesting........

He is treating us passionate supporters like a desperate and hormonal girlfriend. What could the suprise be? Murphy out , Wood in?

Desipura
16-09-2009, 02:42 PM
He is treating us passionate supporters like a desperate and hormonal girlfriend. What could the suprise be? Murphy out , Wood in?
Possibly......or if Minson is out do they play Boumann up front?

bornadog
16-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Possibly......or if Minson is out do they play Boumann up front?

or Everitt

w3design
16-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I drove over the Geelong rd overpass this morning about 9.00 and the guys appeared to be out on the track, or is this just a skills or recovery session?

westdog54
17-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Some of the photos I took on my new Canon SLR camera during training

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0028.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0026.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0046.jpg

westdog54
17-09-2009, 10:50 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0044.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0058.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/westdog54/IMG_0030.jpg

westdog54