PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the Grand Final?

The Coon Dog
20-09-2009, 01:13 AM
To think, with a bit more composure or luck we could, perhaps should have defeated both Grand Finalists in the finals this season.

So, who do you want to win?

AndrewP6
20-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Geelong, only because I don't want to have to put up with the two diehard Saints fans at work...they're already insufferable..

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I chose the Saints because they have the longest premiership drought of the 2 teams...

But in the end I'm not all that fussed and won't be barracking for any particular team. I just want to see a good game of footy; that is well umpired without the theatre from players like Saint Nick.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-09-2009, 01:45 AM
They're my two most hated sides.

I couldn't give a stuff.

strebla
20-09-2009, 01:57 AM
I want the saints to win as I believe they are the best performed side I hate Saint Nick and his theatrics but I have many long suffering friends who are Saints fans and hope that they can go all the way although i don't believe they deserve to be there!!!

Drunken Bum
20-09-2009, 07:34 AM
i went the couldnt give a stuff option, footy season ended on fri night as far as i am concerned, if you stuck a gun to my head and forced me to choose i would probably say St Kilda purely because they havent won for a while although they are one of my least liked teams.
I havent watched a Grand Final since the early 90's, i have seen bits and pieces of a couple when dragged to the pub by mates but never really watched them just got drunk and played pool or tried to find a nice young lady who couldnt give a stuff about the footy

chef
20-09-2009, 07:46 AM
The Cats, because my dad is a Cats man.

DOG GOD
20-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Cats...i dont want our club to be the only melb team with 1 premiership :(

bulldog
20-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Cats cause i cant stand The Saints

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Catters, my friend barracks for them, would like him to be happy if i cant be.....

Mofra
20-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Geelong, friends barrack for them.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Can't barrack for St. Sook.Have 1000 collect on Saints but still will be barracking for the cats

angelopetraglia
20-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Cats because the defensive lock down crap that the Saints serve up is not good for football.

It may be effective, but it is ugly (similar to the Swans in '05 & '06)

Hoping that the Cats attacking style prevails.

Last year the Hawks won with their rolling zone. What we saw were copycats everywhere, with St Kilda taking it to a new defensive (and ugly) heights. If the Saints win we will have mega defensive zones all next year.

mighty_west
20-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Could not give a rats tossbag.

That said, i hope the tip-rat isn't a Premiership player, and don't care too much for Geelong, i went the easy option.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh, is there another game this year. All i hope is the media put so much pressure on the umpires that they inflict some shit decision back on the Saints. Could not care less.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I chose the Saints because they have the longest premiership drought of the 2 teams...

Ditto.

lemmon
20-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I hate St Kilda more then any other team so I'd prefer the cats.

Max469
20-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Could not give a rats.

Hate the Saints - but it has been a long time.

Still not pick either of them.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Geelong, cause they're not the ones who beat us Friday night. :(

Will use the Grand Final as a warm up to Storm's Preliminary Final Saturday night. That's where my full focus is now. :)

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I went the couldn't give a stuff option. In my opinion, given these 2 sides have been (and definitely thought) they are the best sides all year - if St. Sooks (I love it!) win, Geelong will be gutted to have gotten to another granny and been beaten yet again, and if Geelong win, the St. Sooks will be incredibly gutted given they were the minor premiers, etc. etc. So, it's kinda a win-win scenario for me! (Sorry, can't help but be a bit bitter :D)

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm still bitter and twisted about Friday night - so Cats for me.

BulldogBelle
20-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Went either but the Saints might be preferable to make them more irrelevant in our finals chances for next year. They'll still be pissed during rd 22.

jazzadogs
20-09-2009, 04:47 PM
My family is split down the middle in terms of Dogs and Saints, and as unbearable as it has been I want the Saints to win.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Geelong, despite wanting to snap off every little Geelong flag glued to the windows of their cars, and wanting to not see Ablett and Lings face, um, ever.

BulldogBelle
20-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Who cares:mad:

l am waiting for next season.

l will get over friday night............ l think

Ozza
21-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree with TCD that I hope the Cats style wins out over the Saints style (horrible to watch albeit effective). I think given the Cats have been so dominant over the past 3 years - they would be pretty bloody deserving. Plus I don't want the saints to get a second premiership before us.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Geelong, they deserve more than 1 flag with this group and what the have done over the last 3 years.

Also my Mum goes for Geelong.

And most of the Saints fans I know think they were the better team on Friday night, and fully deserved their win - so I want them to be embarrased by the cats!

The Underdog
21-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I honestly couldn't give a stuff, although I can't imagine there is anyone outside St.Kilda supporters who want to hear the phrase "St.Kilda premiership player Stephen Milne" ever in their life.

Ozza
21-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I honestly couldn't give a stuff, although I can't imagine there is anyone outside St.Kilda supporters who want to hear the phrase "St.Kilda premiership player Stephen Milne" ever in their life.

I don't want to see Schneider win another one. Can't stand him. And he gibbed it twice badly on Friday and has done so plenty of times in the past. One of those players that acts tough - but so rarely puts his head over it.

Sedat
21-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Geelong. Pretty simple reason really. Our game style is more similar to theirs, so if they win, opposition clubs will invariably copy the blueprint of the premiership team, and we are already 3-4 years ahead of these clubs.

If St Kilda's strangulation/zone press game plan wins on Saturday, football will be incredibly tedious to watch in 2010, and pretty much every week we will have to endure the game style and structure that we had to put up with on Friday night. Whilst it's gratifying to know that we can adjust our game plan accordingly, I would much rather see other clubs try and develop a Geelong-style attacking game plan.

Bulldog4life
21-09-2009, 12:10 PM
It is simple for me. I prefer for Geelong to win it because St.Kilda shouldn't be there!

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 10:40 PM
i dislike both teams but the cats for me. if saints win another flag then we'll be the only team with 1 flag, and it may win them games, but the saints have turned into sydney with their crap, boring, defensive play. i like the game fast and exciting with lots of goals scored not a score line of 60 points or less

BulldogBelle
21-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Saints as they have only won one flag.

I hated Adelaide after 97 but don't feel the same about St. Kilda.

Desipura
22-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Saints as they have only won one flag.

I hated Adelaide after 97 but don't feel the same about St. Kilda.
Then they will be bragging that they have won double the premierships we have. I hope the Cats win by a fair margin.

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Seeing as it can't be dogs then Cats, bacause they were the first club I followed before I knew what football was (I was like 4!) and now my 4 year old daughter likes the Cats....in a house full of Dogss she chose Cats on her own! So go Cats for Saturday.

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 05:56 PM
What Grand Final? Theres a grand final on? Footy finished last week!!!

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I said this at work yesterday - I hope the scores finished locked at the final siren and they have to play extra time, and then it's locked again, and again, and again, at every siren, ad infinitum, and they have to keep playing without a result forever in their own little version of hell, where Saint Nick just keep taking marks over Scarlett's head but can only kick behinds, and Gablett turns over every second one of his 4000+ possessions to Lenny Hayes.

ps. addendum
The AFL would have to start an adjunct competition (and build another ground) with the remaining teams (and GC17 and West Sydney), where the Dogs would clearly be the dominant force and win the competition for the first few years to become the first mega-team of the 21st century.

The Underdog
23-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I said this at work yesterday - I hope the scores finished locked at the final siren and they have to play extra time, and then it's locked again, and again, and again, at every siren, ad infinitum, and they have to keep playing without a result forever in their own little version of hell, where Saint Nick just keep taking marks over Scarlett's head but can only kick behinds, and Gablett turns over every second one of his 4000+ possessions to Lenny Hayes.

ps. addendum
The AFL would have to start an adjunct competition (and build another ground) with the remaining teams (and GC17 and West Sydney), where the Dogs would clearly be the dominant force and win the competition for the first few years to become the first mega-team of the 21st century.

All good except for the not playing extra time in the Grand Final bit. Perhaps them having to come back each Saturday only to continually play for a draw leaving Channel 7 broadcasting football purgatory every Saturday afternoon.
It'll never happen though, the umps would eventually pick out a soft free kick to finish it.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 04:41 PM
All good except for the not playing extra time in the Grand Final bit. Perhaps them having to come back each Saturday only to continually play for a draw leaving Channel 7 broadcasting football purgatory every Saturday afternoon.

That's worse.

It'll never happen though, the umps would eventually pick out a soft free kick to finish it.

Then Riewoldt will kick it out on the full from five metres out directly in front.

LostDoggy
26-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I said this at work yesterday - I hope the scores finished locked at the final siren and they have to play extra time, and then it's locked again, and again, and again, at every siren, ad infinitum, and they have to keep playing without a result forever in their own little version of hell, where Saint Nick just keep taking marks over Presti's head but can only kick behinds, and Swannie turns over every second one of his 4000+ possessions to Lenny Hayes.

ps. addendum

Do I get this week's Nostradamus award or what, albeit one year late? I mean, I got some of the names wrong (I had to change it from Geelong players -- it was for last year's GF after all) and there isn't extra time, but of course endless weekly replays are an even better version of hell.

ps. I was at West Side Story to avoid the Grannie, and when the show ended we went down to watch the orchestra finish up the last song, and I heard the result from one of the musicians who yelled it out at the end of the song. Walking through the city, it was like someone had died, everyone was looking at each other in shock, and people were talking in hushed tones of disbelief into their mobile phones as the news trickled out.

azabob
26-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Do I get this week's Nostradamus award or what, albeit one year late? I mean, I got some of the names wrong (I had to change it from Geelong players -- it was for last year's GF after all) and there isn't extra time, but of course endless weekly replays are an even better version of hell.

ps. I was at West Side Story to avoid the Grannie, and when the show ended we went down to watch the orchestra finish up the last song, and I heard the result from one of the musicians who yelled it out at the end of the song. Walking through the city, it was like someone had died, everyone was looking at each other in shock, and people were talking in hushed tones of disbelief into their mobile phones as the news trickled out.

What did you think? I thought the leads lacked something...

Bernardo was my standout.

But having said that I saw it a few weeks back so may have been different cast etc etc.

AndrewP6
26-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I think I might jump off the Pies wagon. They had that game and blew it. Colliwobbles bit them big time, kick 9.14 and you don't deserve a premiership (unless of course your opponents kick 9.13). So, for this ridiculous Grand Final Part 2, I think I'm begrudgingly picking the Aints. Until they annoy me and I swap again ;)

chef
26-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I think I might jump off the Pies wagon. They had that game and blew it. Colliwobbles bit them big time, kick 9.14 and you don't deserve a premiership (unless of course your opponents kick 9.13). So, for this ridiculous Grand Final Part 2, I think I'm begrudgingly picking the Aints. Until they annoy me and I swap again ;)

7 of their behinds were rushed.

AndrewP6
26-09-2010, 07:07 PM
7 of their behinds were rushed.

True, but they did blow some chances...

chef
26-09-2010, 08:34 PM
True, but they did blow some chances...

They also kicked a few arsey goals. Hopefully they don't win this week as there be nothing better(except a Doggies GF) than Collingwood not winning two grand finals in one week:). I am surrounded by nuffies at work.

AndrewP6
26-09-2010, 08:38 PM
They also kicked a few arsey goals. Hopefully they don't win this week as there be nothing better(except a Doggies GF) than Collingwood not winning two grand finals in one week:). I am surrounded by nuffies at work.

Haha...bloke next to me at work is a full on Pie fan (although he can take a joke), he's been banging on since Rd 1 about how awesome they are. How good it'd be to sit next to him if they drop the GF Part 2...