PDA

View Full Version : To all the Tall Forwards of the AFL:

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 06:19 PM
After watching the game on Friday night, and reviewing our list and seeing it is not in decline and will not be for a few years, why the hell are you not asking for a trade to the WBFC so you can get yourself a premiership medallion?

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 06:52 PM
After watching the game on Friday night, and reviewing our list and seeing it is not in decline and will not be for a few years, why the hell are you not asking for a trade to the WBFC so you can get yourself a premiership medallion?

Because we can't pay them the dollars other clubs will (eg. we don't have Visy ;))

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Because we can't pay them the dollars other clubs will (eg. we don't have Visy ;))
That is a fine answer if the question was about sealing the deal. But the question was why aren't they asking their managers to at least explore options as even a half decent tall forward would have made a difference on Friday night.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 06:58 PM
That is a fine answer if the question was about sealing the deal. But the question was why aren't they asking their managers to at least explore options as even a half decent tall forward would have made a difference on Friday night.

Well Hall has come out and stated he wants to come to the dogs, hasn't he?

That's one down.

What other tall forwards out there are leaving there clubs?

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Well Hall has come out and stated he wants to come to the dogs, hasn't he?

That's one down.

What other tall forwards out there are leaving there clubs?
I don't know. I reflect back on Thornton seeing Hawthorn needing a tall defender for an assault on the premiership and he came out and nominated Hawthorn. Now the deal got stopped by Carlton, but Thornton was right to see a Hawthorn premiership on the horizon. So i'm guessing there may or at least 'should' be other players thinking the same of us after Friday night.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't know. I reflect back on Thornton seeing Hawthorn needing a tall defender for an assault on the premiership and he came out and nominated Hawthorn. Now the deal got stopped by Carlton, but Thornton was right to see a Hawthorn premiership on the horizon. So i'm guessing there may or at least 'should' be other players thinking the same of us after Friday night.

I see your point, considering even last year we had the chance to beat Geelong as well.

Maybe over the next couple of weeks things might start to build, and a few players might nominate us.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I see your point, considering even last year we had the chance to beat Geelong as well.

Maybe over the next couple of weeks things might start to build, and a few players might nominate us.
That's the dream anyway. But no Adam Campbell's, Ryan Muprhy's or Damon White's need apply.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I hope Pavlich is sitting at home right now wondering how good it would be to play for the Bulldogs over the next few years!

azabob
20-09-2009, 07:49 PM
That's the dream anyway. But no Adam Campbell's, Ryan Muprhy's or Damon White's need apply.

What about Jay Schultz or Cleve Hughes?

For what its worth I think Cleve Hughes is ok I just dont think he cares enough.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 09:25 PM
What about Jay Schultz or Cleve Hughes?

For what its worth I think Cleve Hughes is ok I just dont think he cares enough.
Agree with Cleve, i'm open to a Jay trade for a very low price of course. You can't say he has had a midfield giving him anyhting like a good chance at success.

Happy Days
20-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Agree with Cleve, i'm open to a Jay trade for a very low price of course. You can't say he has had a midfield giving him anyhting like a good chance at success.

Give Cleve Jay's endurance/fitness and we might be on to something. Cleve can't run, and Jay can't mark or kick. They are both spuds. No better than Campbell, Thorp, etc.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 09:35 PM
There's been a few over the last couple of years who have made some stupid decisions.

Fergus Watts wanting to come home and picked St. Kilda because he barracked for them as a kid. Didn't matter that they already had Gehrig, Riewoldt and Kossie.

Campbell, Hansen. Don't their managers give them career advice?

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Give Cleve Jay's endurance/fitness and we might be on to something. Cleve can't run, and Jay can't mark or kick. They are both spuds. No better than Campbell, Thorp, etc.
Agree with the assessment of Cleve and Jay's career to date. But if we exchanged our third rounder pick 48 for their 4th rounder, pick 53 - Then we need to have a serious look. Sure Doogs didn't pan out, but Gilham at Hawthorn did. Sometimes you need to take an educated risk on some players. Not sure if it's hi, but i trust the recruiting team to make the right call.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 09:37 PM
There's been a few over the last couple of years who have made some stupid decisions.

Fergus Watts wanting to come home and picked St. Kilda because he barracked for them as a kid. Didn't matter that they already had Gehrig, Riewoldt and Kossie.

Didn't the Aints lose out big on that deal. Ouch.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Have you seen these player-managers? They wouldn't know good advice if it bit them in the b*lls.