PDA

View Full Version : Fev up for trade

lemmon
30-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Just announced on SEN that Carlton have issued an announcment that they will look to seek an appropriate trade for Brendan Fevola, his preferances are the Saints or the Hawks. Holy crap, I didn't think the blues had the balls to follow through with this and I was expecting another slap on the wrist.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 04:58 PM
The Saints or the Hawks??? Each have really good FF's and CHF's Id like to see where he would fit in.

lemmon
30-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Fev has also released a statement and says he is dissapointed but remorseful and looking forward to a new future. Looks like its official then.

Go_Dogs
30-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I'd be pretty surprised if either the Saints or the Hawks could afford Fev??!

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Let me get this straight -- this is the fourth time in eight years they've 'put him up for a trade'.

They've also come out and nominated the Saints and the Hawks, genuine premiership threats that Carlton would NEVER trade him to, have no salary cap space in any case, and have Franklin/Roughhead, Kosi/Riewoldt in the positions Fev would play. So, in essence, no deal will be done, trade week would end, Carlton would say that they did their best to get rid of him, Fev would apologise and be welcomed back into the fold. Fast forward two years, repeat.

This is the most convoluted way of doing nothing I've ever seen, just to make the club look like they're taking a 'tough stance'. Make no mistake this is a slap on the wrist, nothing more.

lemmon
30-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Let me get this straight -- this is the fourth time in eight years they've 'put him up for a trade'.

They've also come out and nominated the Saints and the Hawks, genuine premiership threats that Carlton would NEVER trade him to, have no salary cap space in any case, and have Franklin/Roughhead, Kosi/Riewoldt in the positions Fev would play. So, in essence, no deal will be done, trade week would end, Carlton would say that they did their best to get rid of him, Fev would apologise and be welcomed back into the fold. Fast forward two years, repeat.

This is the most convoluted way of doing nothing I've ever seen, just to make the club look like they're taking a 'tough stance'. Make no mistake this is a slap on the wrist, nothing more.

I think Fev's comments add a bit more credibility to the story and he was the one who nominated the Saints and Hawks, not the club.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I think Fev's comments add a bit more credibility to the story and he was the one who nominated the Saints and Hawks, not the club.

Er. You do know that these comments are worked out in concert by both parties prior to being disseminated (which would be the case here as they released their pressers at the same time).

The club could easily just tell Fev to nominate for clubs they both know he has no chance in hell of getting to and wait for the whole thing to blow over. Carlton only acted because their hand was forced.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2009, 05:07 PM
The sinnicle part of me thinks, nominate clubs that won't trade for him, and boy jingo we tried to trade him but i guess he has to stay at Carlton and be a good boy...

St Kilda and Hawthorn make no sense whatsoever.

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Hammer. Nail. Head.

lemmon
30-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Er. You do know that these comments are worked out in concert by both parties prior to being disseminated (which would be the case here as they released their pressers at the same time).

Surely if it was just a ruse to put a rocket up him they wouldnt tell him that they are unrealistic about trading him. Its a fairly elaborate way to save face IMO

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Surely if it was just a ruse to put a rocket up him they wouldnt tell him that they are unrealistic about trading him. Its a fairly elaborate way to save face IMO

You do realise that this is Carlton we're talking about here, right?

lemmon
30-09-2009, 05:13 PM
You do realise that this is Carlton we're talking about here, right?

Ha ha point made

bulldogsman
30-09-2009, 05:23 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Carlton has sacked Brendan Fevola.

The Blues advised the wayward full-forward today he would be offered for trade.

They told his management the Brownlow Medal night scandal was the final straw in a stormy 10-year association.

It is a stunning development, given he won the Coleman Medal this year with 89 goals, was named in the All Australian team and still has two years to run on a contract worth $700,000 a year.

Fevola, who turns 29 in January, is holidaying on the Gold Coast with his family.

The forward's management company later issued a statement on his behalf.

"I am disappointed by the Carlton decision today but I am committed to the future rather than the past.

"I will await with interest the outcome of trade week and will focus solely on the challenges and opportunities ahead.

"I acknowledge that this is largely of my own doing, I remain remorseful for the events of the past 10 days and once again apologise to those people I have let down - especially family and friends.

"But I cannot turn back the clock. Instead I will welcome the opportunity to join a new club and look forward to pursuing the dream of an AFL premiership.

"If this is to be the end of my time at Carlton, I want to thank the Blues fans for their magnificent support over 11 years. You’ve meant more to me than I perhaps realised - until now.

"Also, I want to extend my best wishes to Brett Ratten, Chris Judd and the Carlton players, and thank them for their friendship and assistance."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-sacked-by-blues/story-e6frf9jf-1225781196915

Mofra
30-09-2009, 05:43 PM
His $700k salary - will it be the same next year?
I thought the Blues had a no f&%k up clause in his contract that enabled them to reduce payments for indiscretions?

LostDog
30-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Fev for our 1st round pick, Hahn and Everitt

LostDog
30-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Just reported on SEN he wants to go to Collingwood or St Kilda

The Doctor
30-09-2009, 06:13 PM

why not throw in the kitchen sink.

Dry Rot
30-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I agree with most here that this is probably just BS spin from Carlton.

However, it is possible that Carlton's sponsors are pissed off and in that case he's gone.

chef
30-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I agree with most here that this is probably just BS spin from Carlton.

However, it is possible that Carlton's sponsors are pissed off and in that case he's gone.

I think he did his dash with the way he treated and spoke to Judd at the Brownlow.

bornadog
30-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Fev > Hall

Fev = 4 more years, Hall, maybe one or two years

Fev = twice as many goals per year and will kick 100 goals playing for us.

Fev = Dickhead, but then again Hall is as well

Therefore, I would trade for Fev. What would I give up, 1st round, plus GOK plus one other player that wants out (if there is one). However, I would only pay $600k and balance to be paid by Carlton.

Problem is Salary cap, so Eagleton out, and depending on who else wants out.

We can afford $300k for Hall, so only looking for another say $300k. Between Eagle and GOK, they must make up $300k.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 06:32 PM
It comes down to which Key Forward would the dogs rather have?

One has a problem with onfield discipline - but his sheer size and intimidation is worth a couple of goals.

The other has both onfield (bad body language, has a sook when he doesn't get the ball) AND off field problems - on the other hand he can kick a 100 goals with a midfield like ours.

I'm not really a Fev fan, but if recruiting him gets the dogs a Premiership.......

Have to look at either Grant, Everitt or maybe Sam Reid (no not ALL of them) to package with a high end draft pick and perhaps an established player - maybe Hahn.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't think we have a chance of getting Fev. Once we get Hall I'd rather throw the kitchen sink at someone like Hurley or Ryder. Obviously Hurley's unlikely as he's set to wear the famous 18, but then look at Everitt. Paddy Ryder would be awesome at the Bulldogs. He'd cost a bit though...

strebla
30-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh god no he will be disruptive and no good for our younger players still BBBBB for me thanks and would like to see how the Saints,Hawks or Pies would fit him in there cap bullshit exercise from a bullshit club !!!

bornadog
30-09-2009, 06:41 PM
It comes down to which Key Forward would the dogs rather have?

One has a problem with onfield discipline - but his sheer size and intimidation is worth a couple of goals.

The other has both onfield (bad body language, has a sook when he doesn't get the ball) AND off field problems - on the other hand he can kick a 100 goals with a midfield like ours.

I'm not really a Fev fan, but if recruiting him gets the dogs a Premiership.......

Either am I but you must admit, the number of goals the guy kicks is huge. 89 this year, 99 last.

comrade
30-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Fev > Hall

Fev = 4 more years, Hall, maybe one or two years

Fev = twice as many goals per year and will kick 100 goals playing for us.

Fev = Dickhead, but then again Hall is as well

Therefore, I would trade for Fev. What would I give up, 1st round, plus GOK plus one other player that wants out (if there is one). However, I would only pay $600k and balance to be paid by Carlton.

Problem is Salary cap, so Eagleton out, and depending on who else wants out.

We can afford $300k for Hall, so only looking for another say $300k. Between Eagle and GOK, they must make up $300k.

Fev's not just a dickhead, he's THE biggest dickhead in the AFL, and if you believe the rumours a terrible influence on the younger players and a disruptive force throughout the playing group.

He's had multiple opportunities to fix his ways but is too stupid and arrogant to have done anything to rehabilitate himself.

That's enough of a deal break, IMO.

Barry isn't a dickhead. He's clearly a hot head and has the potential to be a loose cannon on field, but he's highly respected by those that have played with him.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Keep Lake & Everitt + get Bazza, leaving Carlton with absolutely nothing.

I don't like the on field persona that Fevola puts across, he doesn't seem to be a team man. Like some have said above, he has a sook if something isn't going his way & sometimes goes back to being lazy (e.g. not chasing).

Bazza might have on field problems (we don't know he may have changed), but Fevola to me is an all round goose. He would create so many off field problems, like public boozing, indecent acts in public & there could always be violence in a nightclub, given his past record.

I might be wrong, but most of the stuff with Bazza is on field.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 06:46 PM
What I learnt from listening about this on SEN is 'Carlton had the 3 best midfielders in the comp the season just past' and 'Collingwood only failed in the finals cos they don't have a good key forward'

I'd say there is a better than 50% chance Fev will still be at Carlton next year.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Please don't even discuss trading for him as he fails the 'no dickheads' policy

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Fev's not just a dickhead, he's THE biggest dickhead in the AFL, and if you believe the rumours a terrible influence on the younger players and a disruptive force throughout the playing group.

He's had multiple opportunities to fix his ways but is too stupid and arrogant to have done anything to rehabilitate himself.

That's enough of a deal break, IMO.

Barry isn't a dickhead. He's clearly a hot head and has the potential to be a loose cannon on field, but he's highly respected by those that have played with him.

Totally agree with the attitude comparison.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Fevola is by far a bigger idiot than Hall will ever be. As some have mentioned, Hall's only got temper issues. Off the field, he's completely different and is well liked by all that meet him. It's an absolute no contest in this regard. Hall > Fevola.

Ability on the field? Obviously Fevola by a mile. 89 & 99 goals in the last two seasons is an incredible effort. There's no doubting he's a freak and perhaps the best true FF in the game. Hall is quality but there's no guarantee he'll play more than a single game.

To break it down;

* Both are a risk to take on.
* Hall > Fev off the field.
* Fev > Hall on the field.
* Hall will cost significantly less in terms of $.
* Hall will come much cheaper.

As good as Fevola is, he's not worth selling the future of your club (First Round Pick + Quality Player(s) AND taking on the risk that he a) won't play up again & more importantly b) have a bad influence on the younger players/club/sponsors.

The idea of Fevola booting 90-100 goals for The Dogs may be nice, but Hall is more then adequate considering the output/risks of the two.

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Whilst i am not a Fev fan, it will get interesting, as Rocket did go after Fev pretty hard by all reports last year, having a meeting with him, but baulked at the $800,000 per year tag he put on himself.

BulldogBelle
30-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Whilst i am not a Fev fan, it will get interesting, as Rocket did go after Fev pretty hard by all reports last year, having a meeting with him, but baulked at the $800,000 per year tag he put on himself.

Really? Is that definitely true? No smartass intended but I have reason to believe that Rocket absolutely loathes Fevola and has never really shown interest in him.

Or maybe that was just the 'neglecting if we didn't check him out' situation.

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 07:33 PM
One point that's being missed when it comes to Fev vs Hall is what club they actually want to play for. Hall only wants to play for the Bulldogs whereas Fev has apparently nominated Collingwood and St.Kilda. Fev has also bagged the Dogs out a few times and seems to have very little respect for our playing list.

Bulldog4life
30-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Just announced on SEN that Carlton have issued an announcment that they will look to seek an appropriate trade for Brendan Fevola, his preferances are the Saints or the Hawks. Holy crap, I didn't think the blues had the balls to follow through with this and I was expecting another slap on the wrist.

Saints or Hawthorn was not from Carlton but it was texted through by an annonymous source. I was listening at the time.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Thats a new one. Where did you get that from?

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Thats a new one. Where did you get that from?

Last years news mate...as i state.."BY ALL REPORTS".

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Making it up is not the same as BY ALL REPORTS.

ES is perfectly aware that this is simply not true.

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Geez, we are a bit harsh on posters simply mentioning trade rumours that have heard from journalists. It's not like they are just mentioning stuff from BigFooty (I know it can often be practically the same thing). As much as I appreciate it, not everyone has great sources. By all means inform a poster how they are misinformed, just don't see the need to be condescending/snide/insert superiority complex related adjective here.

Desipura
30-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Either am I but you must admit, the number of goals the guy kicks is huge. 89 this year, 99 last.
And they did not make the finals! Lockett did not play in a premiership neither did Ablett. Getting Fev will not guarantee that we will win a premiership. He is selfish and will want most forward entries to be directed to him or he will crack the sads. Then there is the potential issue of disharmony within the group.

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Making it up is not the same as BY ALL REPORTS.

ES is perfectly aware that this is simply not true.

Why the hell would i make i up? It was reported last year that Rocket spoke to Fev & his management team, and we baulked at the $800,000 he put on his head per season!

I am not in the position to know if that was fact, just as i stated, it was reported.

SHEESH!:rolleyes:

ratsmac
30-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I say we get Hall and Fev and if Fev is being a dickhead we have Hall who can enforce the "no dickhead policy".

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 08:18 PM
And what if the best offer they get is from Collingwood of Ben Reid and pick 14 with Carlton paying $250K of his contract?

Fev will almost certainly play for Carlton next year.

Desipura
30-09-2009, 08:20 PM
We did look at Fevola (2 years ago) but we baulked at his asking price of $700k, so mighty_west is not far off the mark.

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 08:20 PM
And what if the best offer they get is from Collingwood of Ben Reid and pick 14 with Carlton paying $250K of his contract?

Fev will almost certainly play for Carlton next year.

I have had that feeling all the way along, but feel a little less certain after the last few statements.

Fev to stay with Carlton is paying $6, sounds like pretty juicy odds to me!

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 08:25 PM
We did look at Fevola (2 years ago) but we baulked at his asking price of $700k, so mighty_west is not far off the mark.

Well, maybe off by $100,000 in that case....

I must have pulled the extra 100k out of my........;)

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Why the hell would i make i up? It was reported last year that Rocket spoke to Fev & his management team, and we baulked at the $800,000 he put on his head per season!

I am not in the position to know if that was fact, just as i stated, it was reported.

SHEESH!:rolleyes:

Sorry. I apologise.

The journo who wrote the article you read made it up.

Desipura
30-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I can recall Eade talking about how he had enquired about a well known key forward but would not meet his financial demands. It was obvious to me that it was Fev at the time.

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry. I apologise.

The journo who wrote the article you read made it up.

All good SS, it was actually on the news one time, and i remember them showing pictures of Rocket running from some sort of meeting in the city, it may have been 2 years ago and confused it with last year, maybe it was one of Hutchy's stories gone wrong!

But yeah, was definatly reported.

Mofra
30-09-2009, 09:12 PM
There is no way Fev would kick 100 goals at the Bulldogs. We have a different forwardline set-up that is based on unpredictable leading forwards, both making space for one forward, one goalsneak & hoping 4 others can contribute.

Hall leads up the field further than Fev which I see as a positive - we have struggled to show any semblance of HF line when teams zone hard against us.

This is before we weigh up the cost in terms of $$$ and trade value. On balance, Hall looks a much better option than Fev.

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 09:17 PM
There is no way Fev would kick 100 goals at the Bulldogs. We have a different forwardline set-up that is based on unpredictable leading forwards, both making space for one forward, one goalsneak & hoping 4 others can contribute.

Hall leads up the field further than Fev which I see as a positive - we have struggled to show any semblance of HF line when teams zone hard against us.

This is before we weigh up the cost in terms of $$$ and trade value. On balance, Hall looks a much better option than Fev.

Carlton is the perfect team when it comes to Fevola kicking most goals as possible. Their midfield/runners care a lot more about attacker than defending and they don't have any other avenue to goal.

dog town
30-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I have had that feeling all the way along, but feel a little less certain after the last few statements.

Fev to stay with Carlton is paying $6, sounds like pretty juicy odds to me! Where do I find these odds?

cambo
30-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Havent we been looking for a class forward to get us across the line and win the big one, why wouldnt we go lock stock and barrel to get Fev (Coleman medalist) we are going after big bad Barry who's reputation is no better than Fev's.
For pete's sake do anything and everything we can to get him, he could well be our saviour!!!!!

soupman
30-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Where do I find these odds?

Me too. Seriously. I could make a lot of money.

Rocco Jones
30-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Where do I find these odds?

Channel 10 had them displayed during sport news, but I think they might have made an error. Checked Sportsbet site (which I think they referenced) and they aren't taking bets for him to stay. If he stays, all bets void.

comrade
30-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Havent we been looking for a class forward to get us across the line and win the big one, why wouldnt we go lock stock and barrel to get Fev (Coleman medalist) we are going after big bad Barry who's reputation is no better than Fev's.
For pete's sake do anything and everything we can to get him, he could well be our saviour!!!!!

Pump the breaks.

The day Fevola is a saviour of any kind should signal the beginning of Armageddon.

And to suggest Barry's reputation is anywhere near as toxic as Fevola's is just wrong, IMO.

1eyedog
30-09-2009, 09:43 PM

No really, but the media have it seems. I think it has been argued adequately in this thread that the club is risking less trading for Hall than Fevola (have a read over the thread).

Fev will not be our savior. I am of the line of thinking that Fevola can kick 75+ goals for us, but we can't sell our soul, our own reputation and risk the young impressionable players having a madman like Fevola in our midst. I want a club I can be proud of first and a Premiership next, they are mutually exclusive in the Fevola sense.

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Has everyone missed the whole we-don't-have-enough-money-to-keep-the-AA-full-back thingy?

Leon Davis > West Coast for pick 7
Ben Reid > Dogs
Dre > Carlton
Pick 7 > Carlton

Doc26
30-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Although unlikely (hopefully) going into '10 with NO bookends is a possibility. Scary thought if we don't have any of Lake, Hall or even Fevola or equiv..

GVGjr
30-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Has everyone missed the whole we-don't-have-enough-money-to-keep-the-AA-full-back thingy?

Leon Davis > West Coast for pick 7
Ben Reid > Dogs
Dre > Carlton
Pick 7 > Carlton

I'll bite, What am I missing here?

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Geez, we are a bit harsh on posters simply mentioning trade rumours that have heard from journalists. It's not like they are just mentioning stuff from BigFooty (I know it can often be practically the same thing). As much as I appreciate it, not everyone has great sources. By all means inform a poster how they are misinformed, just don't see the need to be condescending/snide/insert superiority complex related adjective here.

Posting rumour by journalist is fair enough but saying things like 'Rocket wanted him' is poor when its heresay and highly unlikely.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Just reading an article by Damian Barrett, claiming we are not interested in Fevola.

Good news in my opinion.

OLD SCRAGGer
30-09-2009, 10:36 PM

I agree with mighty_west, we were said to be after Fev last year, but price tag was WAY out of our range

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I agree with mighty_west, we were said to be after Fev last year, but price tag was WAY out of our range

Every year during the trade period there is one BS rumour after another. That one was BS. By all reports to me means everyone talking about so it must be true. Well it wasn't.

mighty_west
30-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Every year during the trade period there is one BS rumour after another. That one was BS. By all reports to me means everyone talking about so it must be true. Well it wasn't.

What part of it was reported in the news don't you understand?

There are hundreds of rumours going around, we all know that, i could reel off dozens off the top of my head, i never stated it was fact, just WHAT WAS REPORTED!

And yes, they mentioned Rocket meeting up with Fev's manager to talk about his situation, was it true? probably not....BUT, it was reported!

Just remind me next time NOT to mention any news on anything IN CASE, it's not true!

EDIT : Had it been just a rumour, i would have stated that, however, it was reported as a news story.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 10:58 PM

There are hundreds of rumours going around, we all know that, i could reel off dozens off the top of my head, i never stated it was fact, just WHAT WAS REPORTED!

And yes, they mentioned Rocket meeting up with Fev's manager to talk about his situation, was it true? probably not....BUT, it was reported!

Just remind me next time NOT to mention any news on anything IN CASE, it's not true!
My final word on this.
Usually news to me means something has to be factual otherwise its a current affairs or a tabloid mag. Not much of 'Rocket wanted him' is fact. Your wording is 'By all Reports' is even more incorrect.

Is simply asked who it was reported by that you class as 'all'.

Keepa Movin' Griff
30-09-2009, 11:06 PM
We don't want Fev, great FF, but selfish as hell and a sook to boot!

I don't think Fev would kick anywhere near 100 goals with the Doggies. The midfield currenly feeding Fev; Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Stevens, are immaculate users of the footy, and the big man is the first (usually only) target they aim for. Doggies have a more scattered forward line approach, and the key forward arguement i feel is as much about creating a contest, and even offering a decoy for key defenders, as it is about kicking goals, and i think Baz can do this job just as well, if not better then Fev. Also Barry works much harder then Fev in forward defence, which has become a major attribute of our side,and will be a pivotal sector of our game if we are to win a premiership in the next 2 years.

I have actually come to be really excited about getting Hall now, so would be devastated if it didn't come off. I think Eade and Mr Fantasia should bluff interest in Fev (while Lake is still unsigned, and salary cap is still feasible), it will force Sydney's hand into taking our offer for Hall.

When does the footy season start again, lol, i'm having withdrawals already!

bornadog
30-09-2009, 11:40 PM
And they did not make the finals! Lockett did not play in a premiership neither did Ablett. Getting Fev will not guarantee that we will win a premiership. He is selfish and will want most forward entries to be directed to him or he will crack the sads. Then there is the potential issue of disharmony within the group.

So your saying we don't need a player that has potential to kick 100 goals a season.

lemmon
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Not really interested in Fev for a few reasons
a. Price tag is out of our range
b. The player they would be most interested in is Lake and most likely our first pick
c. The negative impact he may have on the playing group
I dont see the point in grabbing an enigmatic forward with a history of on and off field problems, who we have to sell our soul to get and may or may not want to be at the club. I'll have Hall thanks.

Sockeye Salmon
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
I'll bite, What am I missing here?

Nothing.

My points were

a) there is no way we can fit Fev in under our salary cap, even if we lost Lake.
b) it's going to be damn near impossible for Collingwood or St. Kilda to come up with a trade for him (evenin the unlikely event that they could somehow fit him under their salary cap Visy style).

For the record, last year when Riewoldt re-signed with St. Kilda they had similar issues to those we have with Lake now. Their only hope would be to trade Luke Ball somewhere to free up some cash and then trade Brendon Goddard for Fev. They wouldn't do it.

Desipura
01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
So your saying we don't need a player that has potential to kick 100 goals a season.
No, not necessarily. Give me a 50-70 goal forward and 3+ players who can kick 30 odd goals. I would take that any day over a one dimensional forward.

Desipura
01-10-2009, 09:30 AM

EDIT : Had it been just a rumour, i would have stated that, however, it was reported as a news story.
Mighty_west report it mate if you hear something. You have been on here long enough for me to know you wont post something just for the sake of it. We all have choices as to who we believe and I choose to believe what rumours or things reported you hear.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Nothing.

b) it's going to be damn near impossible for Collingwood or St. Kilda to come up with a trade for him (evenin the unlikely event that they could somehow fit him under their salary cap Visy style).

Why would Collingwood not be able to trade for him? We are talking about an elite player here.

Why would they not give up Pendlebury and a pick? Mid-fielders can be had from anywhere - 100 per year full forwards do not grow on trees.

They will have no difficulty with paying him the money - they can cover him through the marketing fund easily

Good trades happen when both parties are prepared to come to the table. Clearly, to get Fevola means giving something SIMILAR in return.

If they want him badly enough enough, they can do it because money is not an issue.

It's a matter of whether they want him badly enough.

Desipura
01-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Carlton appear to want to wipe their hands clean of Fevola. Given his contract is backended (reportedly Carlton will be paying him 850k in his last year). Now that he most likely wont be playing at Carlton, they cannot whack half the 850k as part of the veterans list.
Therefore Carlton would have to pay a large proportion of his salary with the remaining to be paid by his new club.
Carlton could potentially say to a club, you can have Fev for 300k over the next 2 years but we want your 1st pick. If we could afford Hall at 300k, Fev may not cost too much more. It comes down to if Carlton want to definatively get rid of him to another club, if they do, they will have to cut their losses.
If a number of clubs are interested in Fev, then it is a whole different scenarion where Carlton may come out of this ok.

w3design
01-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I says fair bit about Fevola that we would rather take OLD BBBBBH with all of his issues rather than Fev. For all of his talents it appears that neither the Bulldogs or any other club (including Carlton) want Fev. He'll stay at Carlton unless they grow some real balls and really sack him.

bornadog
01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Nothing.

My points were

a) there is no way we can fit Fev in under our salary cap, even if we lost Lake.

I don't agree with that. Lets say we said we had $300k for Hall, that leaves only $400 to find. I believe Carlton are willing to pay some of his Salary, say $200k, that leaves $200k. We should be able to find that much as we are delisting several players.

Carlton appear to want to wipe their hands clean of Fevola. Given his contract is backended (reportedly Carlton will be paying him 850k in his last year). Now that he most likely wont be playing at Carlton, they cannot whack half the 850k as part of the veterans list.
Therefore Carlton would have to pay a large proportion of his salary with the remaining to be paid by his new club.
Carlton could potentially say to a club, you can have Fev for 300k over the next 2 years but we want your 1st pick. If we could afford Hall at 300k, Fev may not cost too much more. It comes down to if Carlton want to definatively get rid of him to another club, if they do, they will have to cut their losses.
If a number of clubs are interested in Fev, then it is a whole different scenarion where Carlton may come out of this ok.

Which means we can afford him.

However, the point is do we want him?

bornadog
01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
No, not necessarily. Give me a 50-70 goal forward and 3+ players who can kick 30 odd goals. I would take that any day over a one dimensional forward.

Fair point, however, Hall has only kicked 40 goals per year for the last three.

I guess, with our midfield he could easily kick 70.

Desipura
01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Which means we can afford him.

However, the point is do we want him?
Not for a 1st round pick

bornadog
01-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Not for a 1st round pick

Just for a minute, forget the guy is a dickhead and probably a disruptive influence on the younger guys. Are you telling me that he is not worth a 1st round pick?

Desipura
01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Just for a minute, forget the guy is a dickhead and probably a disruptive influence on the younger guys. Are you telling me that he is not worth a 1st round pick?
I cant forget he is a dickhead and disruptive influence on the younger guys, this has to come into play when you are considering getting rid of a 1st round draft pick for him, in a very thin draft.
If we got a late 1st round pick for Everitt, I may consider, it could potentially disrupt the whole playing group.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Just to play the Devil's Advocate, there have been comments that Hall is preferred to Fevola because Hall's misdemeanors occur on the field whilst Fevola's occur off the field.

I find the logic in this difficult to follow.

Frankly, I wouldn't care too much if Fevola as our player, pissed on every Police Station in the state as long as he does the right thing on the field.

Hall, on the other hand, lost a game for the Swans through his petulance over an umpiring decision incurring three 50 metre penalties and resulting in the winning goal to the opposition.

That would be just great in the dying minutes of a Preliminary Final

Fevola has not achieved that...............yet!

Doc26
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
All Australian Full Forward with 4+ years left. On football ability is certainly worth a first round pick but what weight does his disruptive influence have ? The price coupled with the 'all about me' attitude is not worth it as other clubs are saying by appearing to shy away from him. Why put at risk the fabric of our great club.

Mofra
01-10-2009, 10:43 AM
All Australian Full Forward with 4+ years left. On football ability is certainly worth a first round pick but what weight does his disruptive influence have ? The price coupled with the 'all about me' attitude is not worth it as other clubs are saying by appearing to shy away from him. Why put at risk the fabric of our great club.
It would also increase the risk of losing an existing player as Fev would strain the salary cap - we are trying to jig it as it is.

bornadog
01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Just to play the Devil's Advocate, there have been comments that Hall is preferred to Fevola because Hall's misdemeanors occur on the field whilst Fevola's occur off the field.

Frankly, I wouldn't care too much if Fevola as our player, pissed on every Police Station in the state as long as he does the right thing on the field.

Hall, on the other hand, lost a game for the Swans through his petulance over an umpiring decision incurring three 50 metre penalties and resulting in the winning goal to the opposition.

That has longer term ramifications to the image of the club.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 11:24 AM

I am comparing the two scenarios.

You would be happier with a player whose actions result in losing a game?

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 11:26 AM

This is a funny one. Some teams seem to care more about this than others -- and the care factor is usually inversely proportional to their on-field success ie. the dickhead clubs (Carlton, West Coast, Hawthorn etc.) seem to care more about winning than culture.

The notable exceptions (and thank God for them) are Geelong and Sydney (and Brisbane before them). If there is a lesson in here, it seems that culture may not determine if you do get to the top, but it certainly determines how long you stay there.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 11:27 AM

Johnno's missed a few shots after the siren.

Sockeye Salmon
01-10-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm not sure I agree with you here.

Fev does have a history on-field of throwing hissy fits and giving away 50m penalties.

Was Hall's 3 x 50m penalty issue any worse than Fev standing in the goalsquare while his immediate opponent strolled down the wing having 5 bounces - twice in a quarter?

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure I agree with you here.

Fev does have a history on-field of throwing hissy fits and giving away 50m penalties.

Was Hall's 3 x 50m penalty issue any worse than Fev standing in the goalsquare while his immediate opponent strolled down the wing having 5 bounces - twice in a quarter?

Agree, no different but slightly off the question I raised.

On-field or off-field indiscretions?

I am querying the view (offered by some) that Hall is preferred to Fevola because Halls indiscretions are on-field.

Furthermore, how does Hall pass the no-dickheads policy?

bornadog
01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Agree, no different but slightly off the question I raised.

On-field or off-field indiscretions?

I am querying the view (offered by some) that Hall is preferred to Fevola because Halls indiscretions are on-field.

Furthermore, how does Hall pass the no-dickheads policy?

Forgetting all the dickhead issues, Fev is a better footballer than Hall, right at this minute.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Fevola is a big dickhead, always has been.

If he joined the Dogs, I wouldn't be as passionate next season.

Ozza
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-out-of-brendan-fevola-market/story-e6frf9jf-1225781541247

Topdog
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM

Don't forget Fev mistakes on the field aswell. I think he is the only player going around that gets 100m penalties against him.

Dogs not keen on Fev (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-out-of-brendan-fevola-market/story-e6frf9jf-1225781541247)

BREAKING NEWS: THE Western Bulldogs will not pursue a trade deal for dumped Carlton spearhead Brendan Fevola.

Dogs' coach Rodney Eade said the club had instead made a commitment to Sydney discard Barry Hall and was highly confident of securing the key forward, either by trade or through the draft.

Eade was adamant Andrejs Everitt was a ''required player'' and said no clubs had approached the Dogs about a trade for the talented utility.

aker39
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Don't forget Fev mistakes on the field aswell. I think he is the only player going around that gets 100m penalties against him.

I think a certain EX Sydney player gave 150m away once.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
So let's cut to the quick - they both fail the "No Dickheads's Policy" badly.

Whether one is worse than the other is not the issue - they both fail.

What concerns me is some of you are stridently critical of Fevola because of his indiscretions (I have the same view by the way) yet you turn a blind eye to Hall's indiscretions and the potential he brings to damage the fabric of the club.

You can't have it one way with one and not the other because they are both in the same boat.

Where do I stand? I have done a 180 on this. I would have either and I don't give a toss about their behaviour as long as they contribute to a Premiership because I've had a gutful of waiting for one.

But I'm not going to be critical of one and welcoming of the other.

Topdog
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
how long ago? Fev did 1 this year against Sydney if I recall correctly.

aker39
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
how long ago? Fev did 1 this year against Sydney if I recall correctly.

Either this year or last when Sam Mitchell got in his face.

soupman
01-10-2009, 02:44 PM

What concerns me is some of you are stridently critical of Fevola because of his indiscretions (I have the same view by the way) yet you turn a blind eye to Hall's indiscretions and the potential he brings to damage the fabric of the club.

You can't have it one way with one and not the other because they are both in the same boat.

Where do I stand? I have done a 180 on this. I would have either and I don't give a toss about their behaviour as long as they contribute to a Premiership because I've had a gutful of waiting for one.

I agree. They're both dickheads.

I do see Hall as a better option though, simply because taking personalities out of the equation:

Hall: Provides physical prescence in our forwardline, costs $300,000 a year, is only needed for 2 years, leads up the ground helping out at CHF too, knows how to work with other marking targets (O'Loughlin, O'Keefe (who is pretty much Murphy)), will be acquired with around about a 3rd round pick

Fevola: Provides a big marking key forward, costs $700,000 a year, will be around for 4+ years, dominates in the forward 50, used to being the sole target with crumbers (Betts, Garlett), will be acquired with in excess of a 1st round pick and very rpomising player

I see Hall as being better value for money for our needs and structure, despite Fevola currently being the better player.

Fevola:

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 02:57 PM

The 'No Dickheads Policy' was made famous by Sydney, ironically the team Hall is coming from.

I think the fact that he survived and thrived as long as he did in that environment (even made captain!) suggests that while he's not perfect (who is?) he's certainly been able to curb his more destructive tendencies, and even been a strong and significant off-and-on field contributor. He's also won a premiership with a team that was built on character and culture, so he has been a strong, positive influence on a successful era.

Fev, on the other hand, has been nothing but a unreformed dickhead from day one, on AND off the field. The only thing that has kept him anywhere near a team list is his outrageous talent; even marginally less talented, and he would have been out on his arse a long time ago. Also, Carlton has won nothing in his time there, and one could argue that he has been a negative influence on the playing group, and certainly hasn't contributed to any type of success.

So, while I take your point, EJ, that there seems to be a bit of a double standard here, I can somewhat understand it, as there IS a distinction. I mean, Aker's a bit of a nut, but he's a consummate professional and team man. Hall is also clearly very professional in his approach to the game (still uber-fit) but has an anger management issue.

Fev is both unprofessional (showed up out of shape to pre-season training the last two years) and stupid, AND he's unapologetic (regardless of what he says, if you keep stuffing up year after year how apologetic can you be). No contest character-wise.

--

ps. Having said that, I've also floated the possibility of Fev coming over, so I'm not seeing as great a distinction as some seem to be making.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I think Barry Hall would be a better fit for the Bulldogs, and besides - he's better looking than Fev!! :D

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I think Barry Hall would be a better fit for the Bulldogs, and besides - he's better looking than Fev!! :D

Well then, that settles it!

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Well then, that settles it!

Maybe I should've posted much earlier, save all the back & fourth!! ;)

bulldogsman
01-10-2009, 03:17 PM

Not really, once Sydney started to win games and became successful he passed the DH test with flying colours. Once they started going downhill, he failed quite miserably. The cure is to win games and be successful then he won't be so angry. There's no cure for Fevola.

LongWait
01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
ps. Having said that, I've also floated the possibility of Fev coming over, so I'm not seeing as great a distinction as some seem to be making.

The most important differences between Fev and Barry imo are:

* Fev demands that the ball is directed to him. Fev is the main man, the go-to guy, the gun forward who will kick a lot of goals if the team structures up to play that way. Fev doesn't make others around him better. Fev demands that others do as he requires to make Fev better. Fev is the one-man show and the anti-team player. Carlton are poorer for having Fev in the team the way he plays with them.

* Barry Hall works very hard at all of the team orientated facets of the game. Hall chases, tackles, puts on blocks for team-mates and is renowned for being a team player. This means Hall is unpredictable to opponents - too dangerous to leave unattended; prepared to sacrifice to give the team the range of attacking options it needs; prepared to dig deep and take the game on and drag the team over the line if that's what is needed. Hall makes others around him better players and makes them walk taller.

No contest for mine - Barry Hall by a mile and much, much better value for money.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 03:38 PM

* Fev demands that the ball is directed to him. Fev is the main man, the go-to guy, the gun forward who will kick a lot of goals if the team structures up to play that way. Fev doesn't make others around him better. Fev demands that others do as he requires to make Fev better. Fev is the one-man show and the anti-team player. Carlton are poorer for having Fev in the team the way he plays with them.

* Barry Hall works very hard at all of the team orientated facets of the game. Hall chases, tackles, puts on blocks for team-mates and is renowned for being a team player. This means Hall is unpredictable to opponents - too dangerous to leave unattended; prepared to sacrifice to give the team the range of attacking options it needs; prepared to dig deep and take the game on and drag the team over the line if that's what is needed. Hall makes others around him better players and makes them walk taller.

No contest for mine - Barry Hall by a mile and much, much better value for money.

Agree with all of this.

strebla
01-10-2009, 03:56 PM

This is the best post in this whole thread I am with you LW:D

Ozza
01-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I agree. They're both dickheads.
I do see Hall as a better option though, simply because taking personalities out of the equation:

Hall: Provides physical prescence in our forwardline, costs $300,000 a year, is only needed for 2 years, leads up the ground helping out at CHF too, knows how to work with other marking targets (O'Loughlin, O'Keefe (who is pretty much Murphy)), will be acquired with around about a 3rd round pick

Fevola: Provides a big marking key forward, costs $700,000 a year, will be around for 4+ years, dominates in the forward 50, used to being the sole target with crumbers (Betts, Garlett), will be acquired with in excess of a 1st round pick and very rpomising player

I see Hall as being better value for money for our needs and structure, despite Fevola currently being the better player.

Fevola:

Obviously Hall has had problems with keeping his cool on the field and has let himself down there - but the bloke isn't a d1ckhead.

At St.Kilda is was well regarded as a disciplined trainer, with a good attitude, good application and a good sense of Team.

At Sydney - he was seen as enough of a good leader, hard worker and positive influence that he was made co-Captain. Do you think he would be made Captain of a footy club if he was a d1ckhead?

bornadog
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Obviously Hall has had problems with keeping his cool on the field and has let himself down there - but the bloke isn't a d1ckhead.

At St.Kilda is was well regarded as a disciplined trainer, with a good attitude, good application and a good sense of Team.

At Sydney - he was seen as enough of a good leader, hard worker and positive influence that he was made co-Captain. Do you think he would be made Captain of a footy club if he was a d1ckhead?

The other thing with Hall is, off the field, he is a genuine nice bloke. The same cannot be said of Fev.

Mantis
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
The other thing with Hall is, off the field, he is a genuine nice bloke. The same cannot be said of Fev.

From your own personal experiences?

I have heard reports that Fev is good with his time and is quite pleasant with his demeanor away from the cameras. He is just a fruitloop on the gas.

LongWait
01-10-2009, 05:29 PM

I have heard reports that Fev is good with his time and is quite pleasant with his demeanor away from the cameras. He is just a fruitloop on the gas.

Anecdotal I know, but 2 years ago I was eating lunch in the Qantas domestic terminal in Sydney and Barry Hall was doing the same whilst reading the paper at the table next to me. Barry nodded to me and asked if I wanted part of his paper to read.

It turned out we were both waiting for a flight that had been delayed and he and I chatted for about an hour. A nicer and more unasuming guy you'd struggle to meet. He seemed surprised that I even recognised him. Barry even seemed a little embarrased when I had a light hearted dig about him flattening Chris Grant.

I speak to a lot of people in airport lounges and restaurants and Barry came across as not too different to any other relaxed, friendly guy with an hour or so to kill. I thought at the time "....what's all the fuss about: he's not that intimidating!" Brent Staker has a different story to tell though. :rolleyes:

comrade
01-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Anecdotal I know, but 2 years ago I was eating lunch in the Qantas domestic terminal in Sydney and Barry Hall was doing the same whilst reading the paper at the table next to me. Barry nodded to me and asked if I wanted part of his paper to read.

It turned out we were both waiting for a flight that had been delayed and he and I chatted for about an hour. A nicer and more unasuming guy you'd struggle to meet. He seemed surprised that I even recognised him. Barry even seemed a little embarrased when I had a light hearted dig about him flattening Chris Grant.

I speak to a lot of people in airport lounges and restaurants and Barry came across as not too different to any other relaxed, friendly guy with an hour or so to kill. I thought at the time "....what's all the fuss about: he's not that intimidating!" Brent Staker has a different story to tell though. :rolleyes:

Maybe Staker didn't share his paper and Barry took umbrage...

AndrewP6
01-10-2009, 05:43 PM
]
I thought at the time "....what's all the fuss about: he's not that intimidating!" Brent Staker has a different story to tell though. :rolleyes:

If Staker had offered to share his newspaper, it would've been fine!;)

LongWait
01-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Maybe Staker didn't share his paper and Barry took umbrage...

I'm glad we got on! Shivers he hit Staker hard....

LongWait
01-10-2009, 05:48 PM
If Staker had offered to share his newspaper, it would've been fine!;)

Barry offered his paper to me - I wasn't going to refuse even though it was The Australian!

AndrewP6
01-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Barry offered his paper to me - I wasn't going to refuse even though it was The Australian!

Good move... I would've read every article, just in case he wanted to ask questions!

LongWait
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Good move... I would've read every article, just in case he wanted to ask questions!

Now THAT's funny!:)

Doc26
01-10-2009, 06:17 PM

Didn't realise Barry could read. Ok, he's worth a 2nd round pick now.

Remi Moses
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Imagine being Rocket if he had to tell Barry he's changed his mind and decided to pursue Fevola. Bllllimey:eek:Notice a couple of Carlton Mario's one in particular watch this space Fevola for Pavlich! Typical Carlton thinking they can syphon of their rubbish in alop sided trade.Barry for mine he works harder,more a team player,Fevola only works hard when he wants to.

hujsh
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Imagine being Rocket if he had to tell Barry he's changed his mind and decided to pursue Fevola. Bllllimey:eek:Notice a couple of Carlton Mario's one in particular watch this space Fevola for Pavlich! Typical Carlton thinking they can syphon of their rubbish in alop sided trade.Barry for mine he works harder,more a team player,Fevola only works hard when he wants to.

That made absolutely no sense to me.:)

boydogs
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
That made absolutely no sense to me.:)

I think Remi is referring to an unrealistic trade being suggested by Carlton supporters

bornadog
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM

Yes, from personal experience, listening to him slag off the coach for 6 hours on a plane back from Darwin.

hujsh
02-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Yes, from personal experience, listening to him slag off the coach for 6 hours on a plane back from Darwin.

Ratten or Pagan?

1eyedog
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Fev to Collingwood for Davis and Cloke on ABC

The Underdog
02-10-2009, 09:42 AM

I'd already thought a straight Cloke for Fev trade with maybe the Pies throwing a late draft pick Carlton's way might do it. They'd have a bit of cap room freed up with Rocca gone and Carlton are going to have to eat some Fev's salary, especially in 2011.
Either that or a trade to Brisbane involving Bradshaw and an early pick seem the most likely.
Can't see too many other teams being able to get it done.
Still wouldn't be surprised to see him stay at Carlton.

bornadog
02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Ratten or Pagan?

Pagan

bulldogtragic
02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
If they still wanted Dre, would you take an on-traded Leon Davis for Dre (cap permitting)?

Carlton get two talls to replace Fev and already have Garlett, Betts and others...

Would Davis actually do anything for our team? I'm not sure, but a small forward with his talents would be ok, depends on what the offers are for me. But if he wants out, i don't want us to keep him.

Doc26
02-10-2009, 08:42 PM
If they still wanted Dre, would you take an on-traded Leon Davis for Dre (cap permitting)?

Carlton get two talls to replace Fev and already have Garlett, Betts and others...

Would Davis actually do anything for our team? I'm not sure, but a small forward with his talents would be ok, depends on what the offers are for me. But if he wants out, i don't want us to keep him.

My preference is still to retain Andrejs although a straight swap for Neon would alleviate the pain of loss pretty quick. Couldn't see how we could work that one through our cap.

Topdog
02-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Davis is the worst player in finals so no thanks.

The Coon Dog
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Davis is the worst player in finals so no thanks.

Kosi says hi.

1eyedog
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Kosi says hi.

Yeah maybe but Davis was horrible for the Pies from about round 18 onwards and virtually unsighted during the finals. He looked good in the midfield around mid-season and I would have almost taken him if he had of continued his form. Guess that's why his name has been linked to Carlton (source Keenan on the ABC saying he had a good source:rolleyes:).

Davis is generally too hot and cold for me and is a confidence player so when he has a shocker it is a shocker! He may get a load of touches through our inside mids and Davis is very good when he has a lot of the ball but we have worked hard on Dre and I'd like to keep him as I think he is a slow developer and his best is around the corner. If Dre wanted out I still don't think I would want Davis but that's just a gut feeling.

As for Fev I just can't imagine him wanting to play outside of Victoria. Carlton seems the safe bet to me as well but all I seem to hear from the media is the contrary. I'm a bit away from the action up here in Newcastle but I pretty constantly stream SEN.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
As for Fev I just can't imagine him wanting to play outside of Victoria. Carlton seems the safe bet to me as well but all I seem to hear from the media is the contrary. I'm a bit away from the action up here in Newcastle but I pretty constantly stream SEN.
SEN over the last few days is apalling. A number of commentators, opposition fans and our own fans calling for us to recruit Fev. No mention that he is an idiot and if he was good fit to anyone then why don't he stay at Carlton?

GVGjr
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM
There is supposed to be a rally at Visy on Sunday about keeping Fev at Carlton. I think all non Carlton supporters should go and try to convince Carlton to keep him there.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 10:50 PM
There is supposed to be a rally at Visy on Sunday about keeping Fev at Carlton. I think all non Carlton supporters should go and try to convince Carlton to keep him there.
:)
I've been saying that all week. Failing him staying at Carlton, he can go to Collingwood.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM

I'd take Davis over Everitt any day of the week, but it won't happen.

Davis fills a need for us. He plays that small forward role probably better than anyone else. He doesn't need much of the ball to have a strong influence on a game of football and he's improved his engine dramatically. Meaning, he isn't one dimensional either. He'd be able to push into the midfield at times if needed.

His last six or so weeks were ordinary but he's still a quality player. I recall him playing very well v Adelaide last year in the Finals series. People jump on and off players too quickly. It wasn't long ago the football community was in awe of Davis' season, now all of a sudden they want to trade him? Davis > Didak.

In any case, there's little chance of that happening.

LostDoggy
03-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Davis AND Cloke for Fev?

I dunno about that..even if he kicks more than them combined

I dont think Collingwood fans would like to lose them both..Davis had a good first half, cloke good second half..but that makes it sound like you wouldn't say no haha. Be interesting to see where Fevalinko goes. Him at Collingwood would be the worst..even more reason to hate them.

Doc26
04-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Any thoughts on Andrejs to Carlton, Fev to Brisbane, Bradshaw to Dogs with Brisbane trading its first round pick to Carlton ?

Remi Moses
04-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Not a bad thought but we're taking Barry. Bradshaw will stay at Brisbane,Fev will stay,Andrejs will also stay

chef
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Any thoughts on Andrejs to Carlton, Fev to Brisbane, Bradshaw to Dogs with Brisbane trading its first round pick to Carlton ?

Carlton would want Bradshaw not Everitt.

1eyedog
04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Not a bad thought but we're taking Barry. Bradshaw will stay at Brisbane,Fev will stay,Andrejs will also stay

Is this just rationale or do you have a good word for this? I agree that Fev wont go to Brisbane, if anywhere he will go to another Vic club.

DOG GOD
04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I can easily see fev staying a blue.

Remi Moses
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Is this just rationale or do you have a good word for this? I agree that Fev wont go to Brisbane, if anywhere he will go to another Vic club.

A]Carlton want the world B] Bradshaw wants to stay a Lion. He'll be forgiven had the life shaken into him and will stay of the grog for a season. Just My thoughts

DOG GOD
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
A]Carlton want the world B] Bradshaw wants to stay a Lion. He'll be forgiven had the life shaken into him and will stay of the grog for a season. Just My thoughts

My thoughts to. Carlton HAD to do something, so they said "he's up for trade". Doesnt mean he WILL be traded.

Doc26
04-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Not saying it will eventuate but I believe is a scenario on the table being considered. Personally can't see Fev going to Brisbane but will make for an interesting week.

The Hall deal is still likely to go ahead.

1eyedog
04-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Yeah fair enough. Couldn't give a rats a%$ about the former two but I'm hoping the latter stays with us so we can have a good look at him.

Doc26
04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
As much as I hate to say it I suspect Dre and the Dogs days together are now on shaky ground. Hope I'm wrong but the odds now of keeping him are not in the favour of those supporting Dre (as I do). Feel our only hope of retaining him is IF those currently interviewing him are less impressed by Dre than what we appear to be.

1eyedog
04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
As much as I hate to say it I suspect Dre and the Dogs days together are now on shaky ground. Hope I'm wrong but the odds now of keeping him are not in the favour of those supporting Dre (as I do). Feel our only hope of retaining him is IF those currently interviewing him are less impressed by Dre than what we appear to be.

No chance of this I'm afraid. six foot four in the old, athletic, showed composure and that he is aware of the space around him which appeared natural to him. Not many guys have these attributes full stop let alone at his age. We must be prepared to hold on to him. He can be an even more important player than Lake is to us at the moment one day. We have seriously misused Everitt IMO. Rocket doesn't seem to know where to play him, because he's unique. He is not a KPP although he could pinch hit there. He is a running player who needs space to be creative. A glorified Jarrad Brennan if you like. If we keep him and Eagleton goes, I'd put Everitt on a wing and play him the first 10 matches like we are doing with Tom.

Doc26
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
No chance of this I'm afraid. six foot four in the old, athletic, showed composure and that he is aware of the space around him which appeared natural to him. Not many guys have these attributes full stop let alone at his age. We must be prepared to hold on to him. He can be an even more important player than Lake is to us at the moment one day. We have seriously misused Everitt IMO. Rocket doesn't seem to know where to play him, because he's unique. He is not a KPP although he could pinch hit there. He is a running player who needs space to be creative. A glorified Jarrad Brennan if you like. If we keep him and Eagleton goes, I'd put Everitt on a wing and play him the first 10 matches like we are doing with Tom.

The issue coming through is not on his potential as a footballer but with Dre's attitude. The problem we may face is that our rivals are probably willing to back themselves in by turning him around in attitude.

hujsh
04-10-2009, 11:18 PM

He'll be more important than Lake is now on a wing?

Can't really see it.

Desipura
05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
If Fev goes to Sydney, I would like to get my hands on Jesse White. Perhaps we can include Everitt in the Hall exchange.

LostDoggy
05-10-2009, 10:07 AM
If Fev goes to Sydney, I would like to get my hands on Jesse White. Perhaps we can include Everitt in the Hall exchange.

None of the things will happen.

The Fev trade is a smoke screen by Carlton, going nowhere. As if Sydney will lose Jesse White now Jolly wants to go and its Hall for a 3rd round at best.

Not sure why we want to be so active in the trades?

Desipura
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM

The Fev trade is a smoke screen by Carlton, going nowhere. As if Sydney will lose Jesse White now Jolly wants to go and its Hall for a 3rd round at best.

Oh ok, you obviously have inside info that no one else has. :rolleyes:
It is all speculation, it may or may not happen. If Everitt wants to leave, we may opt to trade him off if a reasonable offer comes forward, especially if he does not want to play with us in 2010.

LostDoggy
05-10-2009, 10:20 AM

Haha -- yeah, why don't we just shut down this thread, since no trade talk that isn't straight out of Rocket's mouth is allowed! :o

1eyedog
05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
He'll be more important than Lake is now on a wing?

Can't really see it.

Nope not on a wing but that's where I would start him for the next 10 games next season. I think he has the potential to be a very dangerous forward with a few preseasons and about 80 games under his belt.

strebla
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Nope not on a wing but that's where I would start him for the next 10 games next season. I think he has the potential to be a very dangerous forward with a few preseasons and about 80 games under his belt.

So what you are saying is you see him as a Fraser Gerhig type as he matures and grows a body ???

Doc26
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM
So what you are saying is you see him as a Fraser Gerhig type as he matures and grows a body ???

The E Train :D More a Caboose.

1eyedog
05-10-2009, 03:48 PM

No it's not as simple as just type casting him. He'll never be as big and strong as Gehrig and he will possess a far greater understanding of space than Gehrig ever could. A bigger, versatile Bob Murphy, well skilled and able to really compete with the big boys in the air. I don't see him having to rely on one on one football at all even considering 3 preseasons in the gym. I think he will be too smart for that.

It is very preliminary, but what I saw of him down back when he first started, given his composure and space and time. I thought of James Hird more than anyone else. Who knows if he can ever be anywhere near this type of player. I hope we can keep him to find out.

Sockeye Salmon
05-10-2009, 04:14 PM

I'm with ES on this one.

Fevola won't move, it's just a way for Carlton to say, "we're taking this serious, but no-one would come up with a suitable trade".

Get Hall, sign Lake and worry about who we're going to pick in the draft.

Trading is the work of the devil.

bornadog
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Haha -- yeah, why don't we just shut down this thread, since no trade talk that isn't straight out of Rocket's mouth is allowed! :o

less waste of time that way;)

Desipura
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm with ES on this one.

Fevola won't move, it's just a way for Carlton to say, "we're taking this serious, but no-one would come up with a suitable trade".

Not if you use it to your advantage and address deficiencies like Hawthorn are trying to do.
We are also by getting BBBBB

Sedat
05-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Sure was in 2003, not sure it has been with Rocket behind the wheel.

LostDoggy
05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
It is all speculation, it may or may not happen. If Everitt wants to leave, we may opt to trade him off if a reasonable offer comes forward, especially if he does not want to play with us in 2010.
Just leave it at it won't happen, these impossible trades are discussion on BF.

Well we can wait a year with Everitt if the trade isn't favourable to us given he has just signed a contract.

LostDoggy
05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm with ES on this one.

Whats even better this morning Roos says Hall for a 2nd round then this afternoon he says we would have taken a 3rd round but Eade/Fantasia won't do it.

Desipura
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Just leave it at it won't happen, these impossible trades are discussion on BF.

Well we can wait a year with Everitt if the trade isn't favourable to us given he has just signed a contract.
Ok Ernie, you tell us what we should and should not discuss on here so we do not waste your valuable time.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Ok Ernie, you tell us what we should and should not discuss on here so we do not waste your valuable time.

If you want to print unplausible rumours that never likely to happen its up to you, however to think that we should give those rumours as utmost respect is whats wrong. It was joke trade and was treated like one.

Desipura
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
If you want to print unplausible rumours that never likely to happen its up to you, however to think that we should give those rumours as utmost respect is whats wrong. It was joke trade and was treated like one.
Firstly, I do not print unplausible rumours so do not insult me.
Secondly 165 posts tell me alot of people on here wanted to talk about it.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Firstly, I do not print unplausible rumours so do not insult me.
Secondly 165 posts tell me alot of people on here wanted to talk about it.

So Jesse White is leaving the Swans then. Write your own ticket at the bookmakers.

Desipura
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
So Jesse White is leaving the Swans then.
Quote me Ernie, quote what I posted!

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 09:55 AM

If pigs could fly, I like to get my hands on Jonathan Brown, Pavlich and every other good player in the league, perhaps we could it include it in a deal for Cameron Wight and Wade Skipper

Desipura
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I like to get my hands on Jonathan Brown, Pavlich and every other good player in the league
So you are comparing White to the above, your sillier than I thought.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
So you are comparing White to the above, your sillier than I thought.

You call me silly, Jesse White coming to dogs in this trade period is just as plausible as Brown and Pavlich coming.

Desipura
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
You call me silly, Jesse White coming to dogs in this trade period is just as plausible Brown and Pavlich coming.
The above statement says it all, no further comments needed.

mighty_west
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Not if you use it to your advantage and address deficiencies like Hawthorn are trying to do.
We are also by getting BBBBB

Exactly, in recent times Akermanis & Hudson have worked out very well for us, and the other way around, trading off players like McMahon [Tigers are still having nightmares], players like Birss & Power to give them opportunites at another club, even Farren Ray, he has had a decent season at the Saints, and i am still of the opinion that he wouldn't be a walk in start had he stayed, but in return we have 2 very exciting prospects in Roughead & Jones developing nicely.

Players such as bowden & Rawlings, to dish them off during the trade period to get rid deadwood, but also free up alot of cap space, especially with Rawlings.

mighty_west
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Sure was in 2003, not sure it has been with Rocket behind the wheel.

That 2003 trade period turned out to be a nightmare, getting Streeta for a high pick, would be like today wanting a pick 18 or 19 for Wayde Skipper, or a pick 28 for Cam Wight [which what Morgan cost us].

But fortunatly, Rocket won't be bent over, even taking a punt on McDougall, cost us next to nothing.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
The above statement says it all, no further comments needed.

???? You wrote it about Jesse White not me.