PDA

View Full Version : Crows Chris Knights

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Knights has indicated he won't be renewing his contract with the Crows next year and wants to return to Melbourne.

No doubt Sockeye, along with many others, will be amazed that anyone would want to leave Adelaide for Melbourne but apparently this is so

Now I reckon Knights could be anything. When he gets his hands on the pill within 70 metres its close the gate.

Why should we wait till next year to put him out of his misery? What about offering a trade for him next week?

Who or what would we be prepared to trade?

I will start the ball rolling - Hill?

strebla
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't think we will trade hill possibly Mitch as I think our game has sadly passed him by

The Underdog
01-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think we will trade hill possibly Mitch as I think our game has sadly passed him by

Then why would Adelaide trade a perfectly good player for him (well perfectly ok player) if he's done?

Topdog
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I like Knights a lot and think he would suit our game style. Perfect replacement for Gia but with a better long kick for goal.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
He's already stated that despite committing to play with Adelaide next year - 2010? That's a little odd I would have thought.

In any case, he's a very talented player and I would urge The Dogs to look very closely at him. No doubt most Victorian clubs will be all over him, though.

How old is he?

Doc26
01-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Good to hear he may be coming back home. A good Eagles boy. Would be great to get him but would come at a decent cost, way more than Mitch unfortunately. We would definitely be the winner in a Hall for Knights trade.

Sockeye Salmon
01-10-2009, 05:33 PM
He's a gun and I'd love him but I couldn't see how we would get the job done.

We will have no draft picks in 2010 due to Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore.

He would be a good fall back option if Griff decides he wants to go home.

strebla
01-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Then why would Adelaide trade a perfectly good player for him (well perfectly ok player) if he's done?

If you read my post I said 'our; game has passed him by not the game. The Crows play a different style than us this is only my opinion of who I would give up :cool:

comrade
01-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, please. Where do I sign?

Doc26
01-10-2009, 05:46 PM
He's a gun and I'd love him but I couldn't see how we would get the job done.

We will have no draft picks in 2010 due to Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore.

He would be a good fall back option if Griff decides he wants to go home.

Good point. Would love to keep Griff as there's still much to be had but agree that Knights would be a decent fall back if such a scenario were to occur.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Hill better not get traded. I spent $80 odd today on a new Bulldogs guernsey (the white one) with a big '20' stuck onto the back. I want to get at least 3-4 years out of it. HILL IS UNTOUCHABLE!!!!:D

The Underdog
01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
If you read my post I said 'our; game has passed him by not the game. The Crows play a different style than us this is only my opinion of who I would give up :cool:

Sorry, not reading your post was clearly my first mistake.
I'm not sure exactly how the Crows style suits him more than ours but I'm pretty sure the Crows aren't doing that trade without some draft picks involved, mainly ours to them.

Doc26
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Hill better not get traded. I spent $80 odd today on a new Bulldogs guernsey (the white one) with a big '20' stuck onto the back. I want to get at least 3-4 years out of it. HILL IS UNTOUCHABLE!!!!:D

Just curious. Why Hill ? Is there an indigenous connnection ?

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Just curious. Why Hill ? Is there an indigenous connnection ?

Nope, not that I know of. Although the majority of my favorite players in the AFL all seem to be indigenous now I think about it . It was either going to be 20, 21 or 16. It's highly unlikely that Aker will play on beyond 2010, and I don't know of anybody else with Josh Hill's number on their back, so I went with the 20.

Doc26
01-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Nope, not that I know of. Although the majority of my favorite players in the AFL all seem to be indigenous now I think about it . It was either going to be 20, 21 or 16. It's highly unlikely that Aker will play on beyond 2010, and I don't know of anybody else with Josh Hill's number on their back, so I went with the 20.

Maybe you will just be seen as a die hard Jimmy Edmond fan. Hey, I've go #2 and it's not Bobby Murphy but the inimitable Jimmy Sewell :)

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Maybe you will just be seen as a die hard Jimmy Edmond fan. Hey, I've go #2 and it's not Bobby Murphy but the inimitable Jimmy Sewell :)

TBH I don't know who they are. I had to look them up:o On top of a die hard Jimmy Edmond fan I would also be seen as a guy with a bloody good memory, considering they were playing before I was even born:p

chef
01-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Knights has indicated he won't be renewing his contract with the Crows next year and wants to return to Melbourne.

No doubt Sockeye, along with many others, will be amazed that anyone would want to leave Adelaide for Melbourne but apparently this is so

Now I reckon Knights could be anything. When he gets his hands on the pill within 70 metres its close the gate.

Why should we wait till next year to put him out of his misery? What about offering a trade for him next week?

Who or what would we be prepared to trade?

Griffen.

azabob
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Where did you hear this?

Topdog
01-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Griffen.

Knights isn't that good.

chef
01-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Knights isn't that good.

I disagree.

strebla
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Knights isn't that good.

Ah what he said

The Bulldogs Bite
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I disagree.

You're selling Griffen incredibly short.

In basically all finals (QF v Geelong the exception) he's been one of our best players. You can't ask for anything more than players who stand up and play very well when it's needed in big games.

Knights is still a very talented player in whom I'd love to lure to the club.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Don't think Crows will be be too distressed to lose him from what I've heard, and read on the crows board in the lesser forum earlier in the year. I would certainly not even contemplate a Griffen trade of any description.....

Go_Dogs
01-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Knights would be a good replacement for Eagle, and can also play forward and kick multiple goals.

I'd certainly entertain getting him if the price was right. No idea what we could offer up to get an evenly weighted traded.

ratsmac
01-10-2009, 10:18 PM

TBH I don't know who they are. I had to look them up:o On top of a die hard Jimmy Edmond fan I would also be seen as a guy with a bloody good memory, considering they were playing before I was even born:p

Now enough is enough, you are making me fell really old now.....

ratsmac
01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Just found this link, Adelaide don't want to trade him (so they say). http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/85594/default.aspx

Happy Days
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
I disagree.

Sorry, but no way.

Griffen has shown over the last 5 seasons that he is an incredibly gifted player, and one who can perform like an elite midfielder (this finals series, for example).

Knights however, was a fringe player up until halfway through this season (he was a late inclusion in the game against us, for example). Whats to say that this isn't just a flash in the pan?

I have stated that I am not against potentially throwing Griffs name up as top end, big-name luring trade bait, but I wouldn't trade him straight out for anyone from Adelaide whose initials aren't Kurt Tippett.

yeah_sampson
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Found this link, may be old but will probably get rid of a lot of speculation. If it's credible!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85593/default.aspx