PDA

View Full Version : 2010 memberships

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ledge
05-02-2010, 11:03 AM
So we are approximately 6000 members more than last year allready , thats awesome, i hope its 6000 more new members!

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Sam Reid has agreed to become an ambassador for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Many of the kids with type 1 just love his bullseye. I am sure we will see many more new members because of Sam's leadership and when he has said you can still play elite sport and at the sametime manage to keep your diabetes under control. He is such a role model to so many children. Thank you Sam Reid
________
MFLB (http://vaporizer.org/)

BulldogBelle
05-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Sam Reid has agreed to become an ambassador for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Many of the kids with type 1 just love his bullseye.

Thanks for the info susie, that's excellent that Sam wants to lend a hand and help out, he seems to be taking it all in his stride and the good thing is he will be educating himself along the way. :)

Swoop
05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Good news Susie, Reid seems like a really level headed kid and according to all reports he seems to have come to terms and adjusted to the dramatic lifestyle change quicker than those around him, now he just needs to get a kick.

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I saw Sam yesterday at the Club. He is just passionate about his football and is looking towards a great 2010. I managed to talk to a few of the players and they cannot wait for the season to start. It would be great to have more than 30,000 members signed up before the season starts. That is not a dream it is a reality if we put our minds to it. Perhaps we can give it a big push from our end. People thought we would not manage to do the redevelopment, now look what has happened. It is a very exciting time at the WB, both on and off the field.
________
Ferrari f2002 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F2002)

LostDoggy
07-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Sam Reid has agreed to become an ambassador for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Many of the kids with type 1 just love his bullseye. I am sure we will see many more new members because of Sam's leadership and when he has said you can still play elite sport and at the sametime manage to keep your diabetes under control. He is such a role model to so many children. Thank you Sam Reid

Good work Susie! I too have no doubts Sam will make a marvellous ambassador.:)

Prince Imperial
09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Latest update on website:

Gameday 21302
Total 22931

LostDoggy
09-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Awesome to see us doinng well in the membership department so far, but we can always do better....im working on a couple of people as wel speak....hopefully theres a few more people out there who can sign up and extra person...

LostDoggy
09-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Awesome to see us doinng well in the membership department so far, but we can always do better....im working on a couple of people as wel speak....hopefully theres a few more people out there who can sign up and extra person...
Yes great to see hope it is not all the regulars, jumping on board early because of the promising prospects for this year. Hope ther a lot a newbies in those figures, and still grows a lot as the season starts.

craigsahibee
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I see we have exhausted the number of Premiership Gold membership packages available. Fantastic news. There is now a waiting list to become a member at this level. Never thought I would see the day when we had a waiting list as such. Go Doggies.

LostDoggy
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Read that today to. Great stuff!

LostDoggy
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Great to see the membership going well, hopefully a late rush will come in prior to the season starting.

GVGjr
10-02-2010, 01:12 PM
The membership scoreboard at the ground today moved to over 23,000 members.

LostDoggy
10-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I was in Brisbane for a few days on business. When I checked in I was recognised by the Concierge. He said your WB players and staff stay at our Hotel - and what a great bunch of people so well behaved. I did not give him an opportunity to continue with his praise of the Dogs,Instead I managed to get him to sign up as a member of the WB. So everyone keep pushing with our membership and we will set our all time record in the history of the mighty Western Bulldogs.
________
WEED (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

The Coon Dog
10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I was in Brisbane for a few days on business. When I checked in I was recognised by the Concierge. He said your WB players and staff stay at our Hotel - and what a great bunch of people so well behaved. I did not give him an opportunity to continue with his praise of the Dogs,Instead I managed to get him to sign up as a member of the WB. So everyone keep pushing with our membership and we will set our all time record in the history of the mighty Western Bulldogs.

Onya susie, how rapt will he be in years to come knowing he was a member in 2010!

The Bulldogs Bite
10-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Great work.

23K members is a very good sign, too.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Does anyone think we will get 35k?

The Coon Dog
11-02-2010, 03:25 PM

I hope so, after hearing Gary Pert say Collingwwod are 15,000 ahead of last year at the same time & their aim is to have 60,000 members by next year.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope so, after hearing Gary Pert say Collingwwod are 15,000 ahead of last year at the same time & their aim is to have 60,000 members by next year.

Massive numbers.

I read even Hawthorn were around the 40K mark already.

We really need to reach 35K consistently if we're going to compete with the other clubs off the field. 30K and below doesn't cut it anymore.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Must've been another bonus payment at Centrelink recently :P

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Isn't it only game day, that counts towards the end of season total?

Prince Imperial
11-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Isn't it only game day, that counts towards the end of season total?

The "official" figure recognised by the AFL, yes.

Website is today showing

Gameday 21504

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
The "official" figure recognised by the AFL, yes.

Website is today showing

Gameday 21504

How do they break it down?

Prince Imperial
11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
How do they break it down?

I'm not sure on how the AFL decides what an "official" member is but usually it is that the membership enables the holder to attend a certain number of games. All our game day categories give 11 game admission (or 5 if you live in the country or interstate) and get recognised. Other types (Kennel club) that do not allow admission to games are not included.

The club has reported on the game day and total figures for a couple of years now and its the former that the AFL recognises.

Bulldog4life
12-02-2010, 01:22 PM
According to the website today only 173 Social Club Memberships available. I never thought I'd see the day.:)

LostDoggy
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
They now have 169 as I managed to get four friends to purchase four memberships (social). They are serious about the waiting list when all sold out. Lets see what we can do to break the record asap It would be fantastic if by the close of business today that the WB had sold out!!!
________
Digital vaporizer (http://vaporshop.com)

Rocco Jones
16-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Putting things into perspective a little, I just saw a piece about a membership drive at the Canterbury Bulldogs. They are currently at 8k members and are aiming for 10k.

Prince Imperial
17-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Latest website update:

Gameday 22203
Total 23901.

Still moving along nicely - a 700 gameday increase in 4 working days.

comrade
17-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Still moving along nicely - a 700 gameday increase in 4 working days.

At that rate, we should go close to smashing 35K by the final cut off.

LostDoggy
17-02-2010, 12:16 PM
At that rate, we should go close to smashing 35K by the final cut off.
That would be great, as I have said on here before I hope most of the people that have a tradion to buy at the start of the season are still to buy this year. Then the 35k should be within reach.
I would assume everyone on here would have already paid up, being die hards. Is there anyone out there who doesn't buy until the start of the season ?

LostDoggy
17-02-2010, 06:21 PM
do not forget Family Day. We usually take about 500 new memberships. There is a crowd of 10,000 expected on that day. So if you get a chance come and join in the fun etc etc. Timing is 10a.m. to 2pm
________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://montana.dispensaries.org/)

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 10:06 AM
do not forget Family Day. We usually take about 500 new memberships. There is a crowd of 10,000 expected on that day. So if you get a chance come and join in the fun etc etc. Timing is 10a.m. to 2pm

I'm bringing my dog & joining him up on Family Day. Does that count Susie? :D

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 02:41 PM
You can bring your dog along and register him. However, remember to have him/her on a leash. It should be a great day as a lot of planning and thought is going into the family day. Remember to come and visit me at the Western Bulldogs Forever foundation marquee. I will be trying to generate interest in the ongoing redevelopment of the Whitten Oval. It is such an exciting stage in the life of the WB and to be part of history makes it even more fantastic.:)
________
Tc By Maserati (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati)

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks Susie, I want to catch up and discuss with you a Footscray/Western Bulldogs Museum

LostDoggy
19-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks Susie, I want to catch up and discuss with you a Footscray/Western Bulldogs Museum

That's one thing I will be very interested in seeing. Does anyone know what the completion date is for this?

LostDoggy
19-02-2010, 08:38 AM
There is steady progress being made for the Museum. A committee is formed and they are working hard for us to launch it in late May/June this year. There are some wonderful pieces of history being stored and they will be installed in the museum at that time. If however, you have any items that you think would fit well in the museum, then ring the Club and they will take care of it. Remember the Hall of Fame function is being held on May 29 this year. If you get a chance do come. It should be a sell out.
________
LIST OF PENNY STOCKS (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

ledge
19-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I might have a couple of things but do i want to part with them is the question?

LostDoggy
19-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Why don't you visit the Museum when it is opened and if you feel more comfortable, then perhaps you can reconsider your decision. I am sure you will not be disapointed with the Museum. I personally have given items and cannot wait to see the Museum in operation not only for all of us, but for our children and grandchildren and so that we can all relive some of the wonderful memories of Footscray/Western Bulldogs.
________
Efini ms-8 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Efini_MS-8)

ledge
19-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I would be there in a flash , would love to see pics of the old Western Oval etc
Scoreboard should have stayed as a memorial.

LostDoggy
19-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Why don't you visit the Museum when it is opened and if you feel more comfortable, then perhaps you can reconsider your decision. I am sure you will not be disapointed with the Museum. I personally have given items and cannot wait to see the Museum in operation not only for all of us, but for our children and grandchildren and so that we can all relive some of the wonderful memories of Footscray/Western Bulldogs.

We donated some of my Dad's items to the Hawthorn Museum after he passed away. It's really nice seeing some of his old memorabilia there on display. :)

Rocco Jones
19-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I might have a couple of things but do i want to part with them is the question?

I'm much the same. I am considering making my Nathan Saunders, Jason Watts, Andrew McDougall and Troy Moloney badges available but I am not sure how I would cope with the loss.

ledge
20-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I have the 1965 annual report and quite a few footy records starting from the 70s (which I am not sure would be of interest).

Also have a Gary Dempsey Brownlow lift out poster from the sporting globe the day after he won.
A few other knick knacks no doubt in a box.

My ex dad in law bought out a box of goodies the other day it was full of full sets of footy cards from cigerette packets from the 40s!
Amazing stuff.

LostDoggy
20-02-2010, 01:41 PM
The club is interested in all items. Perhaps if you take some photos and send them to the club, they can advise you accordingly. We are grateful to the supporters for entrusting the Club with some wonderful memories and what better time than now with the redevelopment nearing its completion. Next stop is the community sports hall which will service all the community. The Child Care Centre has now been open for two weeks. There is now a waiting list of almost 300. Just goes to show how much this was needed in our community. We are more than a football team, we are an amazing community and will continue to support the people of the western suburbs.
________
FERRARI 288 GTO SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_288_GTO)

comrade
20-02-2010, 02:22 PM
The club is interested in all items. Perhaps if you take some photos and send them to the club, they can advise you accordingly. We are grateful to the supporters for entrusting the Club with some wonderful memories and what better time than now with the redevelopment nearing its completion. Next stop is the community sports hall which will service all the community. The Child Care Centre has now been open for two weeks. There is now a waiting list of almost 300. Just goes to show how much this was needed in our community. We are more than a football team, we are an amazing community and will continue to support the people of the western suburbs.

Well done to the Club and I hope the local council is made well aware of the work that is being done for the community.

The Coon Dog
20-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Well done to the Club and I hope the local council is made well aware of the work that is being done for the community.

Agree comrade, great effort by all concerned, minus those at City Hall.

LostDoggy
20-02-2010, 05:38 PM
We are a very proud club and no matter how tough it may get, we will continue to work for our community and provide the necessary facilities for all the people from the west. Now lets break the membership record and show the rest of the AFL community that we are a force to be reckoned with and make a grand statement in 2010 Go the mighty Dogs woof woof
________
Free Sex (http://www.****tube.com/)

LongWait
20-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Agree comrade, great effort by all concerned, minus those at City Hall.

Municipalities around the world will bend over backwards to get a major professional sporting organisation based in their community. I just shake my head in amazement at the attitudes displayed by Maribyrnong City Council towards the Western Bulldogs - MCC don't deserve the Bulldogs!

LostDoggy
20-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Come to the Family day next week and see for yourselves the remarkable redevelopment. I can remember how things were over 55 years ago and how proud I am now of everything we have achieved. We are a great club and the culture of the organisation is fantastic. Together we can achieve the ultimate prize. If you know of anyone who is contemplating on becoming a member of the WB then give them a gentle nudge along the way!!!!
________
HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

Rocco Jones
20-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Municipalities around the world will bend over backwards to get a major professional sporting organisation based in their community. I just shake my head in amazement at the attitudes displayed by Maribyrnong City Council towards the Western Bulldogs - MCC don't deserve the Bulldogs!

Municipalities around the world would bend over backwards to get an organisation based in their community because the team would actually play their home games in their community which would have heaps of positive spin offs to local trade and the like. AFL is very rare in the way that our teams just share the biggest ground/s in their state. Geelong are probably the only exception.

Not saying the MCC don't get benefits (we promote the West, the new centre etc) but I think they would be a lot nicer to us if Docklands fell into their zone.

LongWait
21-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Municipalities around the world would bend over backwards to get an organisation based in their community because the team would actually play their home games in their community which would have heaps of positive spin offs to local trade and the like. AFL is very rare in the way that our teams just share the biggest ground/s in their state. Geelong are probably the only exception.

Not saying the MCC don't get benefits (we promote the West, the new centre etc) but I think they would be a lot nicer to us if Docklands fell into their zone.

I agree that the value of the Bulldogs to the MCC would be greater if Docklands was in their municipality, however the club is still a large business which has aimed to grow it's interests and presence in the MCC municipality - not elsewhere. The Edgewater and Whitten Oval developments are in the MCC and the local government support for them has been less than overwhelming - certainly less than the degree of support that Geelong City offers the GFC.

The Dogs playing their games outside of the MCC precinct could of course be recified if the MCC did as Geelong City Council did; the MCC could invest in their facilities to ensure an AFL standard ground exists in their municipality.

Prince Imperial
25-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Website is and was showing from yesterday:

Gameday 22847
Total 24618.

Bit of a slow week (644 increase in gameday) but hopefully the NAB Cup game and the Family Day will give it a kick along this week.

Prince Imperial
25-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Another figure today:

Gameday 23002
Total 24787

Prince Imperial
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Website today showing:

Gameday 23693
Total 25550

Increase seems small given the NAB Cup and the huge family day. Hopefully, they are still processing applications from these events.

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Apparently some 500 were sold on the Family Day.

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Do clubs really sell that many memberships on family days? Aren't most people that go to these events already Bulldog members?

The Coon Dog
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Do clubs really sell that many memberships on family days? Aren't most people that go to these events already Bulldog members?

There were heaps signing up, they even needed to get more forms.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Prince Imperial
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM

and 24737 the game day figure - a nice jump.

ledge
05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
and 24737 the game day figure - a nice jump.

Not really because on the morning of the family day the membership was around 24500, I am still waiting for this big influx, as TCD said they ran out of membership forms, only around 250 sold?

Bulldog4332
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Not really because on the morning of the family day the membership was around 24500, I am still waiting for this big influx, as TCD said they ran out of membership forms, only around 250 sold?

Here are the progressive figures week on week. Looks like about 1700 sold over last 10 days and I estimate family day got about 800-1000 sales. Previous years about 600-800 were sold on family day(from memory). So we are about 4000-5000 ahead of last year or looking at it another way we are 1 full month ahead in sales. Do not want to adopt the Roos penchant for over-analysing and graphing, but, however you slice and dice the figures they are good.

5/03/10 24737(tck) 26702 (total)

Memberships
========================== 26/12/09 16059(tck)
========================== 06/01/10 17299(tck)
========================== 12/01/10 17902(tck)
========================== 19/01/10 18638(tck)
========================== 27/01/10 19844(tck)
========================== 02/02/10 20396(tck)
30/1/07 18353 == 29/1/08 17078 == 05/02/09 16155 == 04/02/10 20669
07/2/07 19636 == 11/2/08 17952 == 11/02/09 17648 == 11/02/10 21504(tck)
19/2/07 20426 == 19/2/08 18368 == 19/02/09 18569 == 18/02/10 22203(tck)
25/2/07 20995 == 25/2/98 18801 == 26/02/09 18931 == 25/02/10 23002(tck)
05/3/07 21897 == 03/3/08 19500 == 08/03/09 19100 == 05/03/10 24737(tck)
05/4/07 26552 == 08/4/08 23564 == 11/04/09 24528
03/5/07 28097 == 05/5/08 26507 == 29/04/09 26445
24/5/07 28462 == 26/5/08 27874 == 22/05/09 26789

30/6/07 28725 == 04/7/08 28450 == 30/6/09 28216 (final-tck)

Prince Imperial
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM

I hope you're right but wasn't this the total figure?

ledge
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I hope you're right but wasn't this the total figure?

Maybe it was, can be confusing when you see only one figure in some places but both in others or even an added up one.

KT31
05-03-2010, 09:00 PM

How could they run out of forms with only 250 sold ?
Very poor organisation.
some of the people on the day won't commit now, as they say you must strike while the iron is hot.

LostDoggy
07-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Very poor organisation.
some of the people on the day won't commit now, as they say you must strike while the iron is hot.
I used to volunteer selling Memberships for a few years. Can't think what year it was but we had a new membership manager (lady), we ran out of membership tickets at the first game. It was one of our bad years, when we really struggled for members. I have never been so embarrassed, she made us turn people away, and most were really upset and said stuff the club. After turning a lot of people away, we learnt she had complimentary tickets on her for the day. Doh she decided we should give them to anyone after that. I hate to think how many potential members we lost that day. Needless to say her employment didn't last very long.

Max469
07-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Very poor organisation.

I was in the smaller membership tent and we still had forms available until we packed up at around 1.30 or so. And between new memberships and renewals we sold over 200 in our tent alone.

On the Monday, I was told the membership tents sold around 500 memberships on the day.

ledge
07-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I wonder if the GF appearance this week will help with a few more seeing the light.

Bumper Bulldogs
07-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I wonder if the GF appearance this week will help with a few more seeing the light.

I hope so and If needed I will offer my services to get to the ground early Saturday and help out in the membership tents, I assume that they will be out in force and have plenty of forms.

Would all the players not playing be around these tents to help with the signing?

ledge
07-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I hope so and If needed I will offer my services to get to the ground early Saturday and help out in the membership tents, I assume that they will be out in force and have plenty of forms.

Would all the players not playing be around these tents to help with the signing?

UMM how would I know, I am just a supporter/member:)

The Coon Dog
07-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Why do people join only when it looks like the club will be successful?

I've never understood that. Its not just our club either.

mighty_west
07-03-2010, 10:40 PM

I guess when it comes down to it, some supporters / fans / barrackers are just more passionate than others.

Most of us here attend training session, goto praccy matches, we buy a membership year in year out without fail, it's just what we do, but, and i know alot of people as well [not just Bulldog supporters] that are a bit flaky, they might goto 4 or 5 games a season, and would never even think of purchasing a membership, they bag the team when it's not performing...

Those would be the ones that complain when they miss out on a GF ticket.

Rocco Jones
07-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Well we are hardcore fans, our priorities are probably a bit out of whack.

I can definitely understand how people have better things than spend their weekends watching their team lose. Basically they like footy and their club but aren't obsessed with it. They need something extra to get along, whether that be winning consistently, friends/family being into it or convenience.

My mini gate way into how swing member/non-members is Melbourne Victory. I have had memberships in the past, but didn't get one this season (nothing to do with Victory, more the poor standard of the league). I have been to only one game but plan to go to the grand final.

Before I Die
07-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Because a lot of people see it as an entertainment purchase (not those on WOOF). They want value for money. It would be nice if all our supporters were diehards, but unfortunately that would currently mean a total membership of only 15,000 or so.

Rocco Jones
07-03-2010, 10:47 PM

I guess that's the type of thing that annoys with the part timers. That and getting crap from them when they beat the Dogs. A person I used to work with is a one game a year type Saints fan. Despite us having at the warmest an acquittance type relationship (I was polite to her despite finding her cringeworthy), she text me the Saints theme song after the prelim loss last year. I was very tempted to let her know how I felt about her.

Rocco Jones
07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Because a lot of people see it as an entertainment purchase (not those on WOOF). They want value for money. It would be nice if all our supporters were diehards, but unfortunately that would currently mean a total membership of only 15,000 or so.

I still think they have something resembling passion towards the club, but that's a great point.

GVGjr
07-03-2010, 10:48 PM

It's not even a good excuse. We have been successful for a couple of years now.

Max469
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
she text me the Saints theme song after the prelim loss last year. I was very tempted to let her know how I felt about her.

You are a much better person than I, as I would have said exactly what should have been said to her.

A friend I have is like that with Carlton. Don't hear much about it until something significant happens - usually when they beat us. Feels free to remind me about how good his team is then and then it is about that time - I let him have it.

comrade
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
You are a much better person than I, as I would have said exactly what should have been said to her.

A friend I have is like that with Carlton. Don't hear much about it until something significant happens - usually when they beat us. Feels free to remind me about how good his team is then and then it is about that time - I let him have it.

Every Carlton supporter is like that.

Before I Die
08-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I guess when it comes down to it, some supporters / fans / barrackers are just more passionate than others.

Most of us here attend training session, goto praccy matches, we buy a membership year in year out without fail, it's just what we do, but, and i know alot of people as well [not just Bulldog supporters] that are a bit flaky, they might goto 4 or 5 games a season, and would never even think of purchasing a membership, they bag the team when it's not performing...

This line made me wonder how many people purchase memberships with premiership favourites simply to increase their chances of purchasing a GF ticket. Eg, if you bought a Geelong gold membership over each of the last three years you would have been guaranteed a GF ticket.

Perhaps the answer is none, as we are probably the only premiership fancy that wouldn't have all their premiership gold tickets locked in from previous years.

LostDoggy
08-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Sorry to go off topic for a moment, but I think our membership bumper sticker this year is hideous. I've stuck it on my car with pride, but my god, worst sticker ever. Whoever was in charge of designing it should be fired or something. It's horrible!

AndrewP6
08-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry to go off topic for a moment, but I think our membership bumper sticker this year is hideous. I've stuck it on my car with pride, but my god, worst sticker ever. Whoever was in charge of designing it should be fired or something. It's horrible!

Mine has already nearly come off...

Sockeye Salmon
08-03-2010, 03:45 AM
I've been argueing since 2001, grand final tickets should be allocated on years of continuous membership.

azabob
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I've been argueing since 2001, grand final tickets should be allocated on years of continuous membership.

That is great in theory, but the bulldogs wouldn't even know how many years you have been a member for, let alone how many continous years.

Didn't Eade say when he took over there were no membership records, player fitness test records etc?

LostDoggy
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Here Here, clouldn't agree more. I'm happy for everyone to jump on, the more members the better.
I can see it now, those that have been social club since inception, mainly with that glimpse of hope that we might make a grand final one day, will end up with the shit seats if we do make the grand final, and those that joined now end up with the best seats. Don't know how they could do it if they don't have the records, I was hoping that is why they got us to send back how many years we have been a member, really relying on people's honesty with that method. At worse I know they have records for several years, I used to help out updating their database, should be able to at least use that info.

LostDoggy
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
If we do make GF and I get better seats then someone who has been member longer then me I will swap with you :D

Topdog
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
That is great in theory, but the bulldogs wouldn't even know how many years you have been a member for, let alone how many continous years.

Actually they would and do know. Its a great idea SS but that means celebs wouldnt be at the GF.:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
08-03-2010, 03:33 PM
If we do make GF and I get better seats then someone who has been member longer then me I will swap with you :D
In reality I would sit on the roof to watch the Dogs in a Grand Final. I know there are a multitude of reasons why people might only join up this year. Not the least AGE, some of their parents might not even have been born when I first joined.
I have actually had a recurring nightmare for years about the dogs in a Grand Final, and I could not get a seat. But don't worry, in the dream I have it covered, I would go into the MCG the night before and hide in the Toilets, That's how much I want to see the Doggies in and win a grand final. I was alive when they won in 54, but have no recollection, i was only 4.

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Hehe. I wasn't alive and my parents where still juniors in Croatia no clue about afl hehe

BulldogBelle
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Looking good....

Game Day - 25,115
Total - 27,122

as at 09/03/10

Doggy
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
How many were sold at the same time last year.

Mantis
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
How many were sold at the same time last year.

Just over 19,000.

KT31
09-03-2010, 10:48 PM

There are a lot of good reasons for a person to not purchase a membership each season, money, family, health, even being overseas etc.
Shouldn't every member by entitled a Grand Final ticket ?

mighty_west
09-03-2010, 11:48 PM
There are a lot of good reasons for a person to not purchase a membership each season, money, family, health, even being overseas etc.

In a perfect world all members should be entitled, but the reality is that there has to be a cut off point.

Say the Hawks play Collingwood in a Grand Final, the Hawks have around 50,000 members, Collingwood aren't that far behind, that leaves bugger all for all other groups & sponsors of the AFL, so in reality, that just cannot happen.

I do agree with SS that those members who have been members thick & thin, year in year out should have first dibs, the best seats etc, and fly by nighters just have to try their luck, why should they be entitled the same as those of us that have been there for years & years, for good & for bad, for better or for worse etc etc?.

FrediKanoute
10-03-2010, 12:03 AM

Arguably yes and that would work in situations where supply was limitless, but GF tickets are not unlimited. I think clubs will move towards a system similar to this. As it is we have something like that already. Premiership membership packages (ie Gold/Silver/Social Club) are sold out (or almost). Next season those members holding such memberships will be offered first dip at these packages again, effectively rewarding them for having shelled out cash the previous year.

In the Premier League I am a Spurs member. Spurs has 4 levels of membership, Gold, Silver, bronze and Lillywhite. Spurs' home ground has capacity for 36k people. Gold and Silver members are season ticket holders and hence get first crack at seating for games, home, away and cup. Bronze and lillywhite members get the next crack. In all cases determining who gets a ticket is done based on a Loyalty points system whereby depending on how many games you go to in a season and where those games are you earn points. So going to a home game to see Spurs v Chlesea may get you 1 loyalty point, but going to a home game to see Spurs v Wolves would probably get you 2 loyalty points because you are attending a game which is not a blockbuster. Further an away game at Sunderland (about 4 hours drive form London would get you 4 loyalty points and an FA Cup tie at Carlisle would be worth 6. In effect loyal fans who travel to follow the team around are rewarded with better access to seats. Personally I think this too will become a part of the AFL and will mean membership is even more important!

KT31
10-03-2010, 10:41 AM
In a perfect world all members should be entitled, but the reality is that there has to be a cut off point.

Say the Hawks play Collingwood in a Grand Final, the Hawks have around 50,000 members, Collingwood aren't that far behind, that leaves bugger all for all other groups & sponsors of the AFL, so in reality, that just cannot happen.

I do agree with SS that those members who have been members thick & thin, year in year out should have first dibs, the best seats etc, and fly by nighters just have to try their luck, why should they be entitled the same as those of us that have been there for years & years, for good & for bad, for better or for worse etc etc?.

I don't disagree with this fully.
In the past it was harder but now with records and Bulldogs for life it is easier.
But .. some members may fall on hardship or ill health, in an equally bad or good season, and this should be taken into account.
A possible solution would be like a gym membership were you can defer,with good reason, your membership possibly for a season.

PS : I defered my gym membership ten years ago and haven't been back since.:D

mighty_west
10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't disagree with this fully.
In the past it was harder but now with records and Bulldogs for life it is easier.
But .. some members may fall on hardship or ill health, in an equally bad or good season, and this should be taken into account.
A possible solution would be like a gym membership were you can defer,with good reason, your membership possibly for a season.

But the same old problem is, that there are more members than tickets allocated for Doggies or any other teams members, supporters etc etc.

There has to be a cut off point, and the Social Club membership was one way of being guaranteed a ticket, obviously now that we are a genuine chance of making a GF, that is now full.

At the end of the day, there will be ALOT of members, supporters, barrackers that will miss out, it's sad, but thats life.

If we make the GF this year, make no mistake, there will be alot of upset & angry supporters, but i just wonder how many of those were NOT there in 2003 week in week out?

Sockeye Salmon
10-03-2010, 01:16 PM

It shows.

I'm waiting for a pot and kettle reference in return. :D

BulldogBelle
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
l know someone who was worried about not getting a GF ticket last year (the morning of Saints Prelim).

He was offered Social club membership halfway thru last year but knocked it back.

l can just about bet you he did not get a Social club this year and will miss out.

As supporters we have had a chances to get Social club memberships over the years but to many have not and now the panic has started.

BulldogBelle
12-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Another update....

In three days membership has increased by 672 Game Day members = 224 memberships a day.

Hopefully after a victory tomorrow night it will entice others to jump on board and sign up.

Game Day - 25,787
Total - 27,883

as at 12/03/10

LostDoggy
12-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Fantastic!! :)

The Coon Dog
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
In this morning's Herald Sun there is an ad for Bulldog's memberships on page 120 & it states that there are 6,554 members from last year who are still yet to renew! :eek:

LostDoggy
12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
In this morning's Herald Sun there is an ad for Bulldog's memberships on page 120 & it states that there are 6,554 members from last year who are still yet to renew! :eek:

Where the bloody hell are ya? :D

Bulldog4life
12-03-2010, 04:14 PM

I want names!!!:)

comrade
12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
You would hope that a large portion of those fans will re-sign this year (if there financial situation allows them) and most likely they’re waiting until they attend their first home and away game.

Our membership tent will be chockas before first bounce against Collingwood.

35,000 members – here we come.

Topdog
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
But the same old problem is, that there are more members than tickets allocated for Doggies or any other teams members, supporters etc etc.

There has to be a cut off point, and the Social Club membership was one way of being guaranteed a ticket, obviously now that we are a genuine chance of making a GF, that is now full.

At the end of the day, there will be ALOT of members, supporters, barrackers that will miss out, it's sad, but thats life.

If we make the GF this year, make no mistake, there will be alot of upset & angry supporters, but i just wonder how many of those were NOT there in 2003 week in week out?

Something needs to be introduced though for the next level after social club.

The 10,000 social club members are guaranteed seats already. IMO if the club gets an allocation of 15k then that 5k should be giving to those with the most years as a member.

BTW i wasn't at any game in 2003 but was still a member listening to the games and cursing at my PC in my little apartment in Japan.

BulldogBelle
12-03-2010, 10:07 PM
You would hope that a large portion of those fans will re-sign this year (if there financial situation allows them) and most likely they’re waiting until they attend their first home and away game.

Our membership tent will be chockas before first bounce against Collingwood.

35,000 members – here we come.

I volunteered to work on one of the Membership tents one year and that is exactly what happened..Round one everyone flocked to sign up - for the reasons you have stated above and whilst chatting to some of the people renewing or signing up for the first time - I reckon 80% of the people I spoke with wished they had signed up earlier but never got around to it. Some wait till the last minute others like to renew as soon as the membership form arrives in their letterbox and others choose to pay monthly. Each and everyone to their own I guess.

Personally, I like to get it paid and out of the way straight away in one lump sum...it's my Christmas present to myself each year. :)

Chicago1
13-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Whenever I'm in Melbourne for the start of the season, I like to renew my membership after I arrive, instead of doing it online. I guess doing something like that might seem unimportant to some, but after 23 years of doing it that way, it just seems to be a tradition I miss. I also used to read a short story - A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote - on the train going to the first match of the season. I don't know when or why I started that, but I did and it stuck. In about ten days I'll go up to the Whitten Oval and renew my membership for the 32nd time. This year is #33 as a Footscray/Western Bulldog member.

Sadly I won't be renewing my western suburbs born cat, Jordan's Membership for about the 15th time as he died last November. In the days before our club had Pet Memberships, I'd buy him a Junior Membership. He had a difficult time trying to use the crayons in his Bulldogs coloring book he used to get each year. ;) I was always fearful that Doug Hawkins or Chris Grant might show up as a surprise on his birthday, May 24th, with a hand delivered card.

So, even though I won't be renewing my membership outside of Docklands on March 28th like many, I still will be doing it live, in person, in the flesh, instead of by computer. Only nine more sleeps... :p

GVGjr
13-03-2010, 03:28 PM
So, even though I won't be renewing my membership outside of Docklands on March 28th like many, I still will be doing it live, in person, in the flesh, instead of by computer. Only nine more sleeps... :p

Several years back I was in the Bulldogs shop when you were there in person organising your memberships. We said a quick hello, talked about BF for a couple of minutes before you had to finish off signing up. Seems like a good tradition to me.

All the best on this years visit.

The Coon Dog
13-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Several years back I was in the Bulldogs shop when you were there in person organising your memberships. We said a quick hello, talked about BF for a couple of minutes before you had to finish off signing up. Seems like a good tradition to me.

I received a telephone call last year from Rodney Eade who knew Jim was over from America. he asked if I could contact Jim & ensure he was treated well when he visited. I contacted Jim, met him at training & left him in the capable hands of Rodney who proceeded to give Jim a tour of the ELC.

I do recall a couple of snaps being taken too, one with Ryan Griffen if I recall rightly.

The Coon Dog
15-03-2010, 11:40 AM
No great surprise I guess, but the phones have been running hot for Memberships this morning. Be interesting to see the figures later in the week.

mighty_west
15-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Something needs to be introduced though for the next level after social club.

The 10,000 social club members are guaranteed seats already. IMO if the club gets an allocation of 15k then that 5k should be giving to those with the most years as a member.

BTW i wasn't at any game in 2003 but was still a member listening to the games and cursing at my PC in my little apartment in Japan.

I have the upmost respect for anyone that continues buying a membership, even though they can't get to any games, alot of people want value for money, but in your case, you're clearly thinking club first, yourself second, and anyone in that situation should be entitled as much as anyone else.

My litttle rant was more to do with membership numbers, and we are already seeing a big boost in membership sales, mainly on the back of our good form in recent times & this NAB Cup, as well as Barry Hall, and therefor someone who has been a member for 1 year has as much chance as someone who has been a member for 10,15,20 years plus of getting a GF ticket, and that shouldn't be the case imo.

BulldogBelle
15-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Another update....

Since the last update (Friday 12th March) there has been an increase of 320 Game Day Memberships.

Game Day - 26,107
Total - 28,269

as at 15/03/10

Hopefully, quite a few more still to process after Saturday nights performance!

GVGjr
15-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I was at a function on Saturday night when David Smorgon talked about the memberships.
He indicated that the club was serious at the possibility of getting 35,000 and not surprisingly he mentioned about the 6,000 people from last year that haven't signed up as yet.

Chicago1
16-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I received a telephone call last year from Rodney Eade who knew Jim was over from America. he asked if I could contact Jim & ensure he was treated well when he visited. I contacted Jim, met him at training & left him in the capable hands of Rodney who proceeded to give Jim a tour of the ELC.

I do recall a couple of snaps being taken too, one with Ryan Griffen if I recall rightly.

That was the highlight of my very brief four day visit to Melbourne. I couldn't believe that Rodney knew who I was. It was fantastic getting a tour of the new facilities with him as the tour guide. He couldn't have been more gracious and friendly. It's something I'll never forget. Hopefully I'll be at training next week and stop by to say G'day to him. I'm a Rodney Eade fan for life!

Chicago1
16-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Thanks very much. I remember us meeting. Hopefully I'll be over at the Whitten Oval next week for training and be able to renew my membership on the same day. I arrive on Tuesday morning, so hope to get over to WO on Wednesday. I'm going over to my former school on Thursday before the school holidays begin and then scurry to do the footy tipping segment for 774. I haven't been told if it'll be an outside broadcast at the MCG like last year. I'll probably be going to the Carlton/Richmond opener after the broadcast. We'll have to catch up at Docklands. It's great having three weeks in Melbourne this time compared to four days like last year.

LostDoggy
16-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Chicago1 you sound as passionate as they come, good to have a fellow member on board for 2010 ;)

BulldogBelle
17-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Another update....

Since the last update (Mon 15th March) there has been an increase of 664 Game Day Memberships.

Game Day - 26,771
Total - 29,009

as at 17/03/10

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Another update....

Since the last update (Mon 15th March) there has been an increase of 664 Game Day Memberships.

Game Day - 26,771
Total - 29,009

as at 17/03/10
I think most of us are like you BulldogBelle, getting a real kick out of seeing our membership grow daily.

BulldogBelle
17-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I think most of us are like you BulldogBelle, getting a real kick out of seeing our membership grow daily.

I love seeing those figures rise OB, funny story this evening after stopping off at the supermarket on the way home a family of 5 standing infront of me were talking amongst themselves about the Dogs and how they were going to get memberships for the first time.

They turned to me and said do you follow football... I replied Yes and I go for the Dogs we talked a bit about the team and I scribbled the Membership hotline number for them...they said they were calling up tomorrow morning to sign up. I walked out of that supermarket feeling very good!

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I love seeing those figures rise OB, funny story this evening after stopping off at the supermarket on the way home a family of 5 standing infront of me were talking amongst themselves about the Dogs and how they were going to get memberships for the first time.

They turned to me and said do you follow football... I replied Yes and I go for the Dogs we talked a bit about the team and I scribbled the Membership hotline number for them...they said they were calling up tomorrow morning to sign up. I walked out of that supermarket feeling very good!
Must have been classy people !

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/portals/0/images_bulldogs/clubcorner_top.jpg

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 09:37 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 10:04 AM
We should make 30,000 before the season even starts - yes people we are talking about the Dogs - I keep pinching myself frightened I am going to wake up:eek:

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 10:28 AM
32,000 Gameday members would be a good target.

Topdog
20-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I have the upmost respect for anyone that continues buying a membership, even though they can't get to any games, alot of people want value for money, but in your case, you're clearly thinking club first, yourself second, and anyone in that situation should be entitled as much as anyone else.

My litttle rant was more to do with membership numbers, and we are already seeing a big boost in membership sales, mainly on the back of our good form in recent times & this NAB Cup, as well as Barry Hall, and therefor someone who has been a member for 1 year has as much chance as someone who has been a member for 10,15,20 years plus of getting a GF ticket, and that shouldn't be the case imo.

Yep agree with that. There should be a no. of years system for those without guaranteed access.

GVGjr
20-03-2010, 11:08 AM
We should make 30,000 before the season even starts - yes people we are talking about the Dogs - I keep pinching myself frightened I am going to wake up:eek:

Typically the club sets a high benchmark and we normally fall a bit short but as you say to have 30,000 people signed up before the start of the season is something I wouldn't have thought possible this year. 34,000 is very gettable.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I am convinced that we will get 35,000 before the official cut off by the AFL. Now that will be history in the making. We have a couple of months to reach this target.
________
Herbalaire vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

choconmientay
20-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I am convinced that we will get 35,000 before the official cut off by the AFL. Now that will be history in the making. We have a couple of months to reach this target.

Are there a lot of upcoming events where we specific targeting new signing of membership?
What are we doing atm to get to these number?

Occasionally, I passed by me local shopping center(brimbank) but have not seen any Bulldog Officials promoting or selling anything. It might just be the case that the Club has to be out there a lot to get the sales. With the recent hype in the media and the winning of NAP cup, we do have really strong backup for sales.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 12:50 PM
If we were able to get the 6,000+ who are yet to resign, the club would be well and truly making history with membership.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 12:55 PM
The WB use every event to sell memberships. Just follow the website. The phones continue to run "hot" in the membership department. I understand extra staff were put on to cope with the calls. The WB are endeavouring to sell memberships at every opportunity. Next weekend we will have a good opportunity to sell memberships as well. It would be fantastic to seel more red white and blue colours than black and white. I could not help but notice the Bulldog colours at the NAB Grand Final, they far exceeded those of the St.Kilda fans. The Bulldogs are "coming" !! look out world.
________
RHODE ISLAND DISPENSARIES (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Hotdog60
20-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I remember someone telling me years ago that the Bulldogs had a membership back in the early 50's including 54 that was bigger than the Colly-wobbles, if thats true, wouldn't that be a nice feeling to have that again.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I got few mates at work who have been members for years but always wait till couple of days before the season to re-join. Which I'm tryning to hurry them up cos they mite stuff there chances of getting into the Round 1 game.

On another note, how would I get a job in the membership department for bulldogs. I find myself not only really good at getting people to join up (12 people last year (friends and friends of friends) but its something I also really enjoy doing.

The Coon Dog
20-03-2010, 01:02 PM
The WB use every event to sell memberships. Just follow the website. The phones continue to run "hot" in the membership department. I understand extra staff were put on to cope with the calls. The WB are endeavouring to sell memberships at every opportunity. Next weekend we will have a good opportunity to sell memberships as well. It would be fantastic to seel more red white and blue colours than black and white. I could not help but notice the Bulldog colours at the NAB Grand Final, they far exceeded those of the St.Kilda fans. The Bulldogs are "coming" !! look out world.

Susie, it was only a couple of years ago Campbell Rose was interviewed on SEN & he spoke in glowing terms of our 'churn rate', claiming it was amongst the lowest in the competition at only 7%

We now seem to have been dropping off about 15 -20% each year for the last couple of seasons.

There may be reasons for this & if so, I'd love to know what they are.

I'm not sure if the clubs conducts 'exit surveys' from former members with a view to ascertaining what people's reasons are for not re-newing & from the information garnered, formulating plans to minimize this in subsequent years.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 01:13 PM
From my understanding there were many members touched by the GFC last year. There are also members who are very fickle. They only support the Club when we are winning. Do we really need these members? We have thousands more new members this year. Lets hope they get on board and stay with us in the ensuing years. The Club will be doing everything possible to keep them on our "books". If any of you have any ideas to help garner support in the membership area, then please let the Club know. If a member wants to help do not hesitate to contact the Club. We are all in this together. Just reading these threads, there are some fantastic ideas that are being put forward, so please lets hear from you.
________
Suzuki lj specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_LJ)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I think the automatic renewal is probably the best innovation for a long time, especially if you can spread the payments out over the months. Forking out $1300 in one go is daunting, but being able to pay each month instead makes a difference.

I hope that by the club asking for people to tell them how many years they have been members that something is going to come out next year around this - can you give us a clue Suzie :)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I think the automatic renewal is probably the best innovation for a long time, especially if you can spread the payments out over the months. Forking out $1300 in one go is daunting, but being able to pay each month instead makes a difference.

I hope that by the club asking for people to tell them how many years they have been members that something is going to come out next year around this - can you give us a clue Suzie :)
Agree the monthly payment auto renewal is the best thing since "sliced bread". I used to organise the whole family's membership in October every year (20 of us). I used to pay for the lot and get paid back, some I got the money straight away, but others ......., I would eventualy get it all but well into the season. Now I and the rest of the family don't have to do anything, GREAT !

choconmientay
20-03-2010, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=susie;142072]The WB use every event to sell memberships. Just follow the website.

For me, the website is only for peoples which already love the bulldogs. We have to reach to the peoples out there which are lost and undecided :)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 03:16 PM
There are also members who are very fickle. They only support the Club when we are winning. Do we really need these members?

Yes we need those members....we need every member we can get....

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 03:44 PM
okay, we need them. How do we get them involved with the WB again? Automatic renewal is great. Yes I agree we need every member. How can we entice them to get back on board? I am ready to hear any suggestions. Please help.
________
Rhode island dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

GVGjr
20-03-2010, 04:01 PM
okay, we need them. How do we get them involved with the WB again? Automatic renewal is great. Yes I agree we need every member. How can we entice them to get back on board? I am ready to hear any suggestions. Please help.

I work with a few guys that originally moved into the Western Suburbs from India. They have since moved to other areas.
Even though they lived in Footscray they never felt like getting involved with the club because they just didn't understand the game and tended to stick to their own social games of cricket and soccer. They love their sport though but after 4 or 5 years in the country they are only just embracing the game a little bit.

I asked them what might have got them interested and they think if the club (or AFL) ran sessions that educated them about the game at the Whitten Oval they probably would have joined up and gone to a few games. They also tend to stick to their own social groups and believe that if 4 or 5 joined then a dozen more mates would follow.
Ideally a membership package (say 5 home games) that introduces the game to the people that have moved to Australia as a one off would probably work. Perhaps a dedicated bus that took them from Footscray to the game a few times would help them. Having them sitting together would also be a benefit.

It's probably a lot of work but it might be an investment that reaps rewards somewhere down the track.

Just a thought.

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 04:11 PM
thanks for that great info. Every day of the week the Whitten Oval is open for community use. It is the community Club. These are not just words, but are real. I will check with the Club and see what we can do to help these new citizens to Australia. If you have any phone/email contacts for these people, please email this info to the club for the attention of Sue Alberti. Keep these great ideas coming, we could be on a winner! Of course we would need to book the oval for their special time.
________
Ecigarette Forum (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

wend1604
20-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I work with a few guys that originally moved into the Western Suburbs from India. They have since moved to other areas.
Even though they lived in Footscray they never felt like getting involved with the club because they just didn't understand the game and tended to stick to their own social games of cricket and soccer. They love their sport though but after 4 or 5 years in the country they are only just embracing the game a little bit.

I asked them what might have got them interested and they think if the club (or AFL) ran sessions that educated them about the game at the Whitten Oval they probably would have joined up and gone to a few games. They also tend to stick to their own social groups and believe that if 4 or 5 joined then a dozen more mates would follow.
Ideally a membership package (say 5 home games) that introduces the game to the people that have moved to Australia as a one off would probably work. Perhaps a dedicated bus that took them from Footscray to the game a few times would help them. Having them sitting together would also be a benefit.

It's probably a lot of work but it might be an investment that reaps rewards somewhere down the track.

Just a thought.

Just to add to the above, I have a friend who is married to a Nigerian man. He likes sports but soccer and tennis are his favourites. He has watched AFL games on tv even though he doesn't understand much about it. I'm trying to convince my friend to let him attend games with me so he can get a 'feel' for the atmosphere. He also mentioned he likes the Bulldogs because they always seem to be winning. He also has a soft spot for them as Footscray was the first place he lived when he came to Australia. An introductory membership package of 5 games would be ideal for him as it probably wouldn't cost too much, and he could take out a full membership later on if he so desired.

I'm planning on buying their 3 month old son a 'Baby Puppy' membership for his Christening present when he is baptised next month but I am not sure if I can do that since I am not the parent/guardian. He will also be receiving merchandise from the Bulldog shop. I also have plans of taking him to games when he's older, even if I have to buy his membership myself :D

Max469
20-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm planning on buying their 3 month old son a 'Baby Puppy' membership for his Christening present when he is baptised next month but I am not sure if I can do that since I am not the parent/guardian. :D

I did this for a friend in South Australia when she had her son last year.

Registered at my address and after I sent the items over, they then rang and changed the address as it was under the Baby's name.

It is a great present.

comrade
20-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Good insight, GVG.

Obviously, the Club does great work with immigrants and new Australian citizens as part of the SpiritWest program, but implementing a 'football education' element would assist in growing our fan base amongst those who have had limited-to-no exposure to our great game.

Susie, can you confirm if this is already happening - i.e. new Australians are being shown around the facilities, meeting the players/coaches and taught the intricacies of the game?

The follow on from that would be a discounted (or free) membership for 2 or 3 games, which we would need to manage with transport and ensure they can sit in the same areas together if required. A Bulldogs staffer could sit with them to answer an questions, or explain pieces of play.

A breakeven analysis would need to run to establish how many ongoing members would need to be attained for it to be viable, and whether it's achievable but I think the exercise would be worthwhile.

In my opinion, more importantly than maintaining a low churn rate (which is hugely critical) is the need to build our fanbase. With the western region a fast growth channel, it's an advantage that it's happening in our own backyard, versus other smaller Clubs such as North Melbourne and Melbourne who are moving to regional centres for fanbase growth (which I don't necessarily believe will lead to huge gains).

Increasing a fanbase needs to be organic, and lead from the grassroots - breaking through with new Australians must be a critical part of the plan for long term membership growth, as relying on low churn rates will only get us so far.

The other major opportunity for fanbase growth is the 12-17 year old group.

This generation has grown up using digital technologies to connect with each other (and their favourite artists, and brands etc). Are the Bulldogs doing enough in the online space to connect with this group of fans? I think its fair to say, that the current official website leaves a lot to be desired and WOOF is much better suited for connecting with fans, but is for an older age group (and is independent from the Club).

Imagine a Bulldogs version of Facebook (think something like MyBulldogs.com.au) where fans can have profiles, write blogs, add photos. Players and coaches can have their own profiles. Competitions can be held for users where they can win Bulldogs branded iPod covers etc. All this is fantastic for brand building, creating community and CONNECTING!

As an aside, an asset like this could be used to attract new sponsors who are interested in the digital space and the targeted demographic, or it could be used to increase current sponsorship dollars (MyBulldogs.com.au - proudly brought to you by KooGa).

This is how kids connect. The K9 Club and the junior member packs are good, but I think more can be done.

We need to secure them now, to ensure they will be the next wave of paying adult members.

Just some thoughts...

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Fabulous ideas. I will take each and every one up with the Club. Having been married to a migrant for over 30 years (he is now deceased) I fully understand the difficulties of blending into the community, although I am a born and bred Australian, having followed tradition in my family of AFL football. This is what we need in our modern community. Thanks for all the great suggestions. WOOF is a wonderful conduit to our WB members.
________
Fcx (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_FCX)

comrade
20-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Susie - this is probably a delicate question, but how much is spent on 'fan development' versus pure membership driven initiatives (sales team, membership customer service)? Not necessarily dollar figures, but in regards to resources and focus?

By fan development, I mean implementing strategies to increase our supporter base by connecting with new fans via community programs (new Australians, schools, corporate/business relationships) as well as things like online and social technologies.

The objective being that this type of investment will pay dividends in the future in the guise of long term, sustainable membership growth.

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I know that a couple of years ago, when Geelong the city was really broke, the Council used to give away a membership to Geelong FC to each new family that moved there. While that does sound expensive, something along those lines to some of the multicultural organisations - as a donation - i.e. five family memberships to be given to newly arrived migrants each year.

Perhaps we could add a buddy up system to this - there are enough of us here on WOOF that go along to the games, and I for one would be happy to meet with a group of people at their first game and (try) and explain the rules and purpose of the game as it goes on.

The Adelaide Connection
22-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Fabulous ideas. I will take each and every one up with the Club. Having been married to a migrant for over 30 years (he is now deceased) I fully understand the difficulties of blending into the community, although I am a born and bred Australian, having followed tradition in my family of AFL football. This is what we need in our modern community. Thanks for all the great suggestions. WOOF is a wonderful conduit to our WB members.

Hey Susie, firstly I have to say that it is excellent that a club representative comes on here from time to time and responds to questions etc. Good work!

I started a thread (link below) in the hope that forumites might continue to add innovative ideas for the club as they have them. It's fair to say that it hasn't exactly set the world alight yet, but I am hoping it will be a slow burner and that people will try to be proactive in coming up with ideas that are beneficial to the club.

There were a few suggestions that popped up about memberships that might be worth looking at.

Reading back my posts re:the K9 website, they probably come across a little too super-critical but I really do think that the site in it's current state has missed the mark a little and with a little work it could be a way to really attract new kids to the brand.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7064

The Coon Dog
22-03-2010, 01:38 AM
I know that a couple of years ago, when Geelong the city was really broke, the Council used to give away a membership to Geelong FC to each new family that moved there.
For a minute there I thought you were going to suggest the City of Maribyrnong do something similar! :eek:

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 09:49 AM
For a minute there I thought you were going to suggest the City of Maribyrnong do something similar! :eek:

Hahahhahah - oh Barry you should give up your day job:)

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Hello fellow supporters. I am so pleased that many of you have responded to my queries. As all of us know membership is critically important to the survival of our club. I have noted everything that has been put forward and will take this up with the WB heirarchy. I will do my best to help find solutions to many of your questions. Rest assured, your suggestions will not go unnoticed. In the meantime, make sure (if possible) that we are all in attendance this weekend to cheer on our mighty bulldogs.
________
ANAL GERMAN (http://www.****tube.com/categories/90/german/videos/1)

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello fellow supporters. I am so pleased that many of you have responded to my queries. As all of us know membership is critically important to the survival of our club. I have noted everything that has been put forward and will take this up with the WB heirarchy. I will do my best to help find solutions to many of your questions. Rest assured, your suggestions will not go unnoticed. In the meantime, make sure (if possible) that we are all in attendance this weekend to cheer on our mighty bulldogs.

Thanks Susie, will be there loud and proud:)

mighty_west
22-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Whoever came up with the idea of monthly payments for memberships surely has to be knighted!

I myself probably would never have upgraded to full Social Club a few years ago had this system not been in place, it's hard enough to pay 2 lots of car rego's in full year in year out, let alone a membership worth $600 plus.

Apparently not all clubs have tghis system? which would be crazy.

The whole place is moving along in leaps & bounds, from those dark days, to where we are now, seem light years ahead, even thouigh we can still do better, and hopefully crack that magical 35,000 mark.

Happy days.

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Susie , do you think 35k members is realistic for this year?

chef
22-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Have they thought about doing 1,2,3 or 4 games membership packages?

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes we will crack the 35,000 members this year. At the rate the phones are ringing with new memberships then I am convinced we will reach 35,000 members. We are considering the 3 or 4 game packages. Thanks for the query.
________
DAIHATSU MIDGET (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Midget)

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes we will crack the 35,000 members this year. At the rate the phones are ringing with new memberships then I am convinced we will reach 35,000 members. We are considering the 3 or 4 game packages. Thanks for the query.

wow thats great!

chef
22-03-2010, 05:38 PM

This would suit me if I could choose which games I can make it to and on which level I want sit, ATM I just get a Kennel Club member(as the Country Kennel is 5 games and level 3 and doesn't suit me) and then just buy best available(level 1) to the games I can make it to(Round 1 and Round 12 so far:)).

The Adelaide Connection
23-03-2010, 01:17 AM
It is probably a little off the record, but I'd love to know the breakdown in money that goes to the club for each membership type. This sort of thing may even influence a few people in the types of memberships they buy.

Are the non-ticketed memberships more beneficial (as it would seem more like a direct donation to the club) and if so why wouldn't we count them in the one total as some clubs do?

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Another update

Club Noticeboard

Game Day: 27, 576
Total: 29, 894

Bulldog4life
23-03-2010, 08:44 AM

In a previous post I mentioned why the Club couldn't have a 1 match membership to maximize profits for all those who "barrack" for the Western Bulldogs.
In other words become a member for the day. This is for all those Bulldog supporters who we see every week buying their ticket through the ticketbox. We've all seen them. What's to say that those same people can buy that 1 game membership through the Bulldogs Membership Tent at the ground before entering.

Advertising the fact and getting people to buy at the Bulldog Membership Tent rather than through the ticketbox mightn't be easy at first but with publicity the public has just got to be educated. We might even be able to sign up neutral supporters for the day.
This is a start and the Club then will have the details on all these people to entice them to buy a full membership next year.

To my knowledge it hasn't been done before and it would be progressive thinking by our Club.

BulldogBelle
23-03-2010, 09:58 AM
In a previous post I mentioned why the Club couldn't have a 1 match membership to maximize profits for all those who "barrack" for the Western Bulldogs.

That is a good idea, something else along the same lines - like a Bulldogs Game Gift Card that can be used to attend one home game of their choice during the season. It can be given to a non member who likes the club from afar but has never been to a game - might convert a few non members over.

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone. You are brilliant with your suggestions. what a lot of homework you are giving me. Well I guess I aasked for it!! Keep up the great work. There are not enough hours in the day for me, but my love of the Bulldogs is paramount in life.
________
S PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_S_platform)

Mantis
23-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone. You are brilliant with your suggestions. what a lot of homework you are giving me. Well I guess I aasked for it!! Keep up the great work. There are not enough hours in the day for me, but my love of the Bulldogs is paramount in life.

I am sure if you asked there are some very talented & passionate people who frequent this forum who would only be too willing to lend a hand if required.

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 12:24 PM
]Whoever came up with the idea of monthly payments for memberships surely has to be knighted![/B]
I myself probably would never have upgraded to full Social Club a few years ago had this system not been in place, it's hard enough to pay 2 lots of car rego's in full year in year out, let alone a membership worth $600 plus.

Apparently not all clubs have this system? which would be crazy.

Where are those nomination forms for knighthood? Being a Republican at heart, Wouln't know where to start.

Got one of my customers to sign up with us on a family package even though he (the dad) is a richmond rascal. His 3 kids are Doggies though. I even talked him into taking an extra junior ticket so he could take some of his mates throughout the season. I reckon I could sell sand to the Saudi's and ice to Eskimos but a membership to the Doggies is easy to market, for it the hottest ticket in town. Went and picked up the forms from Doggie Central so he could be on board for Round 1 as a little personal touch. :cool:

So come on WOOFers, spread the word and ask, cajole, dare or bribe your friends into the best decision they will make all year! GO THE BULLDOGS!!

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Da Druid you are amazing and I am very impressed. thanks from the bottom of my heart. You are a legend!
________
BDSM BRUTAL (http://www.****tube.com/categories/232/brutal/videos/1)

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure how many other clubs do this, but is there any chance the WB can do reserved seats for away games in Vic or at Etihad Stadium?

The Adelaide Connection
23-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure how many other clubs do this, but is there any chance the WB can do reserved seats for away games in Vic or at Etihad Stadium?

I came over for the Carlton game last year (which was our home game) and I remember there was a fair bit of fallout after it on here because they had certain sections on level 3 roped off and guarded by security. A few people were very pissed that their regular seat was claimed and rightly so in a GA section at OUR home game.

I am not sure we ever got an answer as to how this perplexing scenario was allowed to happen. But if Carlton can do it, we should be able to.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 11:57 AM
That's a little strange indeed. I would pay extra to have a reserved seat for our away games as I always upgrade my ga anyway

The Coon Dog
24-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm at work at the moment & whenever I log onto an AFL website it shuts my system down, but I reckon if you go to the Western Bulldogs website, FAQ's & type in reserved seating you'll find that you can.

bornadog
24-03-2010, 01:42 PM

Susie, one of the issues around club membership is the fact that people think buying a membership is just paying for tickets to a game. Consequently AFL clubs have come up with 3 or 4 match memberships, or country memberships etc etc, or have difficulty in getting followers of the club to be a member. How many times do you hear,..... yeah I follow the doggies but I can't get to games so I don't buy a membership. I have always said that membership should be more than a match day ticket, but rather a membership to a club where like minded people get together whether at a match, at a social function, in cyberspace or just at work, or in the community. Members of clubs such as Golf Clubs, or the Melbourne Club, or RACV Club etc, do not buy a membership and expect to frequent the club every week or every day etc. They buy their membership so that they are part of a community and can enjoy other benefits.

My suggestion is the club needs to think outside the box and re look at what membership means. Can the club create something that means more than just buying a match day ticket and supporting the club financially. We have seen a good example with the social club membership being linked to a grand final ticket. What about looking at other links, such as a joint venture, or membership with other organizations that can bring a benefit to both. This could be a golf club, or VRC, special membership (not necessarily full VRC, but maybe a club within a club), or some other link. These are just off the top of my head.

In other words, make being a member something more special than just attending matches, because in this day and age, we are all busy and there are so many other things to do and they all compete with going to the footy.

Just some thoughts. Maybe a brainstorming session with some supporters, some marketing people, club representative etc, could come up with a special package that could be unique to our club. I would be happy to participate.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Susie, one of the issues around club membership is the fact that people think buying a membership is just paying for tickets to a game. Consequently AFL clubs have come up with 3 or 4 match memberships, or country memberships etc etc, or have difficulty in getting followers of the club to be a member. How many times do you hear,..... yeah I follow the doggies but I can't get to games so I don't buy a membership. I have always said that membership should be more than a match day ticket, but rather a membership to a club where like minded people get together whether at a match, at a social function, in cyberspace or just at work, or in the community. Members of clubs such as Golf Clubs, or the Melbourne Club, or RACV Club etc, do not buy a membership and expect to frequent the club every week or every day etc. They buy their membership so that they are part of a community and can enjoy other benefits.

My suggestion is the club needs to think outside the box and re look at what membership means. Can the club create something that means more than just buying a match day ticket and supporting the club financially. We have seen a good example with the social club membership being linked to a grand final ticket. What about looking at other links, such as a joint venture, or membership with other organizations that can bring a benefit to both. This could be a golf club, or VRC, special membership (not necessarily full VRC, but maybe a club within a club), or some other link. These are just off the top of my head.

In other words, make being a member something more special than just attending matches, because in this day and age, we are all busy and there are so many other things to do and they all compete with going to the footy.

Just some thoughts. Maybe a brainstorming session with some supporters, some marketing people, club representative etc, could come up with a special package that could be unique to our club. I would be happy to participate.
Your thoughts warrant some discussion at club level. Our membership already gives us some benefits, that a lot of people may not be aware of. I know there a lot of companies that are part of the "Bulldog Friendly Business" program. Th only one I have used and can vouch for is Village Cinemas at Sunshine, if you show your Bulldog membership you get any session for $10, instead of the usual $17 I think, this is a great saving. You can buy two tickets for each Bulldog membership. I must look into the other "Bulldog Friendly" companies. We need to push these discount opputunities and look at other incentives to make membership more attractive to some, us diehards buy no matter what, but most look for value for their dollar. I also like the away game reserved seat idea, I know friends who are Essendon, get a reserved seat for away games, included in their membership, no doubt at a cost, which I would be prepared to pay. Another idea I have suggested to the club in the past, is the possibility of the club on selling car parking at Etihad, because we need a disabled park we need to park underneath, it costs $25 on the day/night and $31.65 if you buy in advance for the season, which is ridiculous that it costs more to buy in advance. If the club could buy parking at a discount and make something buy selling to members, I would much prefer my money going to the club rather than Ticketmaster.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Had to be posted.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 08:20 PM
all I can say is :D

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 08:21 PM
How come they took down the game day tally? Do most other clubs just show their total figure like this on their websites?

Mitcha
25-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Latest article on club website 'important round one information' says that membership is now 30,900. Go you good thing.

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 12:49 PM
My dog Chevy got his pet membership yesterday. He was pretty happy with it, especially the letter from Woofer and having his own membership card!! The only thing he's disappointed with is that the lead and collar don't have any red on them and he's worried he'll look like a North Melbourne supporter. :confused:

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 01:39 PM
So we broke 30,000 for the first time in living memory? Shouldn't this be cause for celebration?!!!

aker39
26-03-2010, 01:48 PM
So we broke 30,000 for the first time in living memory? Shouldn't this be cause for celebration?!!!

No, because it's not the real 30,000

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Game day must be getting close to 30,000, new total just posted on website 31156, last time they had the game day and total seperate I think there was about 2,000 difference.
Don't know why they have stopped showing gameday sepearte.

chef
26-03-2010, 04:54 PM

But aren't the non game day members supporters of our club as well.

NoseBleed
27-03-2010, 01:02 PM
We must be doing something right. One of my oldest mates is a lifelong Magpie supporter who cant stand Malthouse or Buckley. After coming to a few games over the last couple of years, he's seen the light this year, been converted, and signed on as Doggies member.

NB

The Adelaide Connection
27-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Was just at the bulldogs shop and they were saying they have been very busy signing new members. They said it is up over 32,000 now! Wowsers.

GVGjr
27-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Was just at the bulldogs shop and they were saying they have been very busy signing new members. They said it is up over 32,000 now! Wowsers.

I heard AndyD say 33,000 today and he seemed genuinely excited about how we were going.

BulldogBelle
27-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I heard AndyD say 33,000 today and he seemed genuinely excited about how we were going.

That's excellent news - no doubt we have had more people sign on after BBBH joined us and also after winning the NAB Cup that would've got more people onboard. It's all good, lets hope those numbers keep increasing. It will be interesting to see how many more sign up tomorrow.

LostDoggy
27-03-2010, 10:52 PM
You'd have to think the membership tent will be flat out tomorrow.

choconmientay
31-03-2010, 06:45 PM
The online counter doesn't seems to get updated. It stopped on 32006 members. Does anyone have any other inside information on our membership numbers?

LostDoggy
31-03-2010, 08:26 PM
The online counter doesn't seems to get updated. It stopped on 32006 members. Does anyone have any other inside information on our membership numbers?

Has got 32,117 now, my post above changed also.

Must be be still linked or something?

boydogs
31-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Must be be still linked or something?

Yep - refers directly to the WB website

Scraggers
06-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Aarrrgghh !!!

I am so angry with the Membership department right now ...

I renewed my membership in November last year ... And with great joy, I paid for a membership shirt.

As a bigger bloke, it is extrememly difficult to get Bulldog clothes in my size (regardless of the thousands of phone calls to the merchanise manager suggesting they ask previous sponsors to consider making bigger shirts).

So it was with great excitement when I saw new sponsor KooGa are making bigger shirts.

In December when my membership package arrived, I rang membership and asked where my shirt was, they said it was ordered, I was definitely getting one and I should receive it late January.
In late January I rang again. They told me there was a problem with the shirts, and they were all sent back and I should receive my shirt by mid to late february.
In mid Feb I rang again ... same spiel.
Same in March

I rang again today to be told that all members who ordered in October / November have received their shirts, they were not sure why mine was not distributed (as stated on their computer) and that there was an influx for that size therefore they had none of that size left and they would not be ordering any more.

I was dumbfounded ... I was also told they ordered a set amount NOT what had been ordered.

I was offered my money back or to have that money taken off my next year's membership WTF????

I want the shirt I was told I was getting in November NOT my money back

AAAARRRRGH !!!

Any suggestions (I am currently drafting a letter to both Campbell Rose and David Smorgon)

AndrewP6
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Aarrrgghh !!!

Any suggestions (I am currently drafting a letter to both Campbell Rose and David Smorgon)

Go for it, and good luck. That kind of shoddy treatment is what puts people right off, I reckon. Very poor. All the best.

LostDoggy
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Membership is now 32,481

Max469
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Same happened to me last year.

Don't get too excited about the sizes - they are not big.. you would still probably struggle with the sizing.

GVGjr
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Aarrrgghh !!!

I renewed my membership in November last year ... And with great joy, I paid for a membership shirt.

As a bigger bloke, it is extrememly difficult to get Bulldog clothes in my size (regardless of the thousands of phone calls to the merchanise manager suggesting they ask previous sponsors to consider making bigger shirts).

So it was with great excitement when I saw new sponsor KooGa are making bigger shirts.

In December when my membership package arrived, I rang membership and asked where my shirt was, they said it was ordered, I was definitely getting one and I should receive it late January.
In late January I rang again. They told me there was a problem with the shirts, and they were all sent back and I should receive my shirt by mid to late february.
Same in March

I rang again today to be told that all members who ordered in October / November have received their shirts, they were not sure why mine was not distributed (as stated on their computer) and that there was an influx for that size therefore they had none of that size left and they would not be ordering any more.

I was dumbfounded ... I was also told they ordered a set amount NOT what had been ordered.

I was offered my money back or to have that money taken off my next year's membership WTF????

AAAARRRRGH !!!

We miss the mark in a number of area's and it's a constant source of frustration to some supporters I know. For a club that prides itself, or at least sells itself, as a community club I think they often miss the big picture. We are still a little way off being a professional club off the field.
I contacted the club on the weekend about an issue but I would be surprised if I get an answer.

Writing to Rose and Smorgon will get you some traction on the issue and perhaps even a result and unfortunately it's the only course of action.

GVGjr
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Membership is now 32,481

On Saturday it was a touch over 32,000 so thats a great result. 35,000 is a strong chance.

The Adelaide Connection
06-04-2010, 11:53 PM
On Saturday it was a touch over 32,000 so thats a great result. 35,000 is a strong chance.

I remember reading that traditionally lots of people sign up at the ground in round 1 but
there didn't seem to be much movement from Sunday of round 1 through to the following Wednesday and I wonder if the threat of not getting in turned a lot of people off signing up during that game.
Hopefully we see another spike in numbers with people trying to get on board in time for the Hawks game.

aker39
07-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I remember reading that traditionally lots of people sign up at the ground in round 1 but
there didn't seem to be much movement from Sunday of round 1 through to the following Wednesday and I wonder if the threat of not getting in turned a lot of people off signing up during that game.
Hopefully we see another spike in numbers with people trying to get on board in time for the Hawks game.

I think it may have had more to do with the fact that people had signed up earlier this year, especially with the social club cut off.

The Adelaide Connection
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I think it may have had more to do with the fact that people had signed up earlier this year, especially with the social club cut off.

Yeah good call. Certainly the hype about has had a lot to do with being 7,000 or so in front of last year but I wonder how many of those are new members. Hopefully truckloads, but I suspect a lot will be the same old faces getting sorted earlier for SC or to be ready for round 1.

Was in the Bulldogs shop on the saturday of that week and they said memberships had been going nuts all day. I think people who hadn't signed had also acknowledged the danger of leaving it till gameday.

Greystache
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Not that it's such a big deal, but I'm still waiting on my social club scarf. I signed up first week of Jan, was told in March my membership must have got lost in the mail, now in April I've been told they've run out of scarfs and they hope they'll have more stock by round 6.

How have we managed to run out of stock? Surely the club would've ordered 10,000 plus some extras for those lost in delivery, or has there been that many lost that we couldn't cover the extras required?

Scraggers
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Aarrrgghh !!!

Same in March

AAAARRRRGH !!!

A resolution (of sorts)

I sent the email as I suggested I would and today I received a phone call from Rebecca in Membership. She apologised profusely for the error and offered me another option.

I was offered a 'club' shirt in my size (although there are none in stock and I will have to wait for a re-order) and a $20 Bulldog Shop Voucher.

I reiterated that I was disappointed in the lack of communication (more than anything else) and thanked her for call.

Not 100% what I wanted, but happy the club was quick to deal with my complaint. :)

AndrewP6
07-04-2010, 08:23 PM
A resolution (of sorts)

I sent the email as I suggested I would and today I received a phone call from Rebecca in Membership. She apologised profusely for the error and offered me another option.

I was offered a 'club' shirt in my size (although there are none in stock and I will have to wait for a re-order) and a $20 Bulldog Shop Voucher.

I reiterated that I was disappointed in the lack of communication (more than anything else) and thanked her for call.

Not 100% what I wanted, but happy the club was quick to deal with my complaint. :)

Well, at least they did something -and promptly. Odd though, that they'd offer something that they didn't have in stock!

LostDoggy
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
A resolution (of sorts)

I'm in the same boat, at least I got a member top that I ordered in October last year. Got the text message that they were delayed and would arrive in Feb. When I went to the NAB cup final, I saw people wearing them, so rang and got mine delivered late March. Problem being will not fit, fits but don't feel comfortable in it. It is a 5XL, even tight on my Brother in-law, who wear 2XL. I only ordered it because I like you was excited when I saw that they had up to 7XL. I'm also waiting for the bigger size "club" shirt to come in. They said they would swap for the member polo (5XL) that I received.
Got me when they said not getting any more in as they were their summer range, would have been nice to get the top in summer, so I might have been able to exchange.

LostDoggy
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM

LostDoggy
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
It seems that I have erred in my membership. I truly thought that I had marked Social Club for this year. It seems that I am wrong. Even Lucy the Beagle(pet membership) is not financial. For some reason, I am only a Silver Concession for that is all they have taken money for. Just do not understand how the mistake was made and how I didn't pick up on it until last week (I think I might've been distracted by the membership card glued to the paperwork). Woe be me!:confused::o

After checking my paperwork from the Bulldogs, it seems that I am surely the oldest member ever of the Kennel Club. I kid you not. I think this might be part of the problem somehow. I think.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM

As of April 12th.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Still going up which is great to see. Would love to know the break down between match day and members though. I think we were about 2000 behind in match day members - so roughly 30,500 match day members - anyone else care to hazard a guess?

LostDoggy
13-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Going up very very slowly - 32,777

Prince Imperial
13-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Still going up which is great to see. Would love to know the break down between match day and members though. I think we were about 2000 behind in match day members - so roughly 30,500 match day members - anyone else care to hazard a guess?

The last reported game day figure (on 23/3) was 27,576 out of a total of 29,894. I think we must be just over 30,000 gameday by a couple of hundred or so. Given this I am surprised the club has not trumpheted this or even the fact that we have surpassed our all time gameday high of 28725 set in 2007.

vino
13-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm a social club member. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a guest pass to the Victory room on game days?

aker39
13-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm a social club member. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a guest pass to the Victory room on game days?

Yes you can. I think $20 for an adult though.

vino
14-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes you can. I think $20 for an adult though.

Cheers thanks for that. Good to know.

The Adelaide Connection
14-04-2010, 01:57 PM

Last I heard it is $20 for an adult guest pass and $10 for a child. Mt. Everest steepness.

bornadog
16-04-2010, 02:56 PM
About to Crack the 33,000.

As at 16 April, 32,956

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 03:18 PM
about to crack the 33,000.

As at 16 april, 32,956

Yeah!! :D

bornadog
16-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Come on if you haven't signed up, do it NOW!!!

firstdogonthemoon
16-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I have paid (so far) about 25 per game for the Pies, Hawks and Saints because I don't want to have to arrive early early and I don't want to miss out. By my calculations there another 5 or so games this year where guaranteed admission will be handy. Which means I have paid for 8.

Of that 8, 4 are home games so I might still have to pay for 4. Which is $100

Which is about $200 all up

So, $200 minus $100 leaves me $100 that I could have spent on a reserve seat

it would be better just to get a reserved seat wouldnt it.

I have a 16 game General Admission membership.

I hate Etihad. I mean, I like to watch footy there but no, I hate paying so much over and above.

aker39
16-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Of that 8, 4 are home games so I might still have to pay for 4. Which is $100

Which is about $200 all up

So, $200 minus $100 leaves me $100 that I could have spent on a reserve seat

it would be better just to get a reserved seat wouldnt it.

It still may be worth your while to upgrade to a bronze reserve seat. It will cost you $115 to upgrade and your reserved seat will be on level 1, behind the goals at the cheer squad end.(home games only)

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 05:00 PM
It still may be worth your while to upgrade to a bronze reserve seat. It will cost you $115 to upgrade and your reserved seat will be on level 1, behind the goals at the cheer squad end.(home games only)

Firstdog, I have a bronze reserved seat and it is well worth the extra money to just be able to rock up when the game starts. There are a couple of single seats available in our row. Aisle 28, row C. It's just around from the point post, last block of seats before the gap, good view IMO. :)

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Firstdog, I have a bronze reserved seat and it is well worth the extra money to just be able to rock up when the game starts. There are a couple of single seats available in our row. Aisle 28, row C. It's just around from the point post, last block of seats before the gap, good view IMO. :)

Thats usually where James Sherry does all his pre-match/half time stuff hey ;)

bornadog
17-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Demitrou mentioned on his weekly appearance on 774 (Friday morning 7.30am) with Red Symons, that he buys two memberships, North and the Doggies. Thought that was interesting.

LostDoggy
17-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Demitrou mentioned on his weekly appearance on 774 (Friday morning 7.30am) with Red Symons, that he buys two memberships, North and the Doggies. Thought that was interesting.

Yeah i've heard that before..interesting and good of him putting his hand into his own pocket to help out 2 of the not-so-rich clubs..

LostDoggy
17-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I have been told by someone who worked at the Bulldogs membership administration a few years ago, that Matthew Lloyd would always purchase a membership to the Bulldogs. Others are Denis Commetti and Kevin Sheedy.

LostDoggy
17-04-2010, 01:20 PM
As i posted wrongly in the other thread, Sam Newman also buys a dogs membership.

LostDoggy
17-04-2010, 02:18 PM
It seems that I have erred in my membership. I truly thought that I had marked Social Club for this year. It seems that I am wrong. Even Lucy the Beagle(pet membership) is not financial. For some reason, I am only a Silver Concession for that is all they have taken money for. Just do not understand how the mistake was made and how I didn't pick up on it until last week (I think I might've been distracted by the membership card glued to the paperwork). Woe be me!:confused::o

After checking my paperwork from the Bulldogs, it seems that I am surely the oldest member ever of the Kennel Club. I kid you not. I think this might be part of the problem somehow. I think.

Membership has been fixed and new card issued and received. Great work by Rachael to sort it out as quick as she did. Social Club membership will not be wasted this season!

KT31
17-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I have been told by someone who worked at the Bulldogs membership administration a few years ago, that Matthew Lloyd would always purchase a membership to the Bulldogs. Others are Denis Commetti and Kevin Sheedy.

I remember when Sam Power played for us, his brother Luke bought a membership in support.

Although it might have been bribery for us to keep Sam on the list.:D

Chicago1
18-04-2010, 03:27 AM
I signed up when I went to the club Wed. March 24th, the day after I arrived in Melbourne. My membership card arrived at the friend's home in Keilor East where I was staying during my visit the next week. Now I have to remember to check my profile online to change my address, so my friend, a Collingwood supporter, doesn't burn any Bulldogs stuff that might arrive at her home for me.;)

Greystache
18-04-2010, 03:57 AM
As i posted wrongly in the other thread, Sam Newman also buys a dogs membership.

More correctly he has one bought on his behalf each year, his PA is Scott Clayton's wife.

LostDoggy
19-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Thats usually where James Sherry does all his pre-match/half time stuff hey ;)

Yeah, if you're not careful you somethimes end up on the big screen. ;)

I picked up a magazine at Petstock yesterday as Gia is on the cover with his Spoodle - Wellington. They're offering readers 3 game Bulldogs memberships for $75. I think this is a great idea for those people who can only get to a few games and don't join up because of that. Hopefully this brings a few more people on board. :)

LostDoggy
19-04-2010, 08:25 PM
More correctly he has one bought on his behalf each year, his PA is Scott Clayton's wife.

Yep, doesn't have a say lol.

choconmientay
20-04-2010, 06:02 PM
I signed up when I went to the club Wed. March 24th, the day after I arrived in Melbourne. My membership card arrived at the friend's home in Keilor East where I was staying during my visit the next week. Now I have to remember to check my profile online to change my address, so my friend, a Collingwood supporter, doesn't burn any Bulldogs stuff that might arrive at her home for me.;)

Chicago1, ;) Feel free to change your address to mine. Whim me for the address. I will keep all the stuffs for you until you are back here in Melbourne to collect them.

btw, we cracked the magic 33.000. Now at 33,044 members.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 02:25 PM

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 03:28 PM
My husband is an Essendon supporter but always purchases his membership to the WB. Lets keep pushing our membership, I said a number fo weeks ago we could reach 35,000 and I do still believe we can achieve this Go Dogs
________
BLACK PUSSY (http://www.****tube.com/categories/304/pussy/videos/1)

bornadog
04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
33,460 as at 4 May

The Adelaide Connection
04-05-2010, 11:35 PM
33,460 as at 4 May

Fantastic effort and with 4000 odd still unsigned from last year apparently.

Last round may have been a little counter-productive in keeping the figure ticking over, but hopefully a good win over the D's will get us going again.

The Adelaide Connection
13-05-2010, 11:19 PM
33,629 as of May 11.

You'd think that if there were any still going to sign that they would probably do it before Round 9 (replacement game against North) or Round 12 (next Home game) at the very latest.

I am guessing we will be just short of 35,000 but still, 34 aint nothing to sneeze at!

LostDoggy
14-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Are there still 4,000 who have not signed from last year?

boydogs
16-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Just a thought.

Something similar has been undertaken with Victoria University international students

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94135/default.aspx

I think this was last year, the article is dated 12/05/10 but Henry White was involved and the game was v WCE

bornadog
20-05-2010, 02:46 PM

as at 19 May

choconmientay
25-05-2010, 09:34 PM
33864 ... and approaching 34000 :)

The Adelaide Connection
25-05-2010, 11:11 PM
33864 ... and approaching 34000 :)

Wow I really thought we had maxed out. Maybe the events of the last week gave us that little bonus

KT31
26-05-2010, 11:34 PM
When is the cut off?
Always seems to be a late dash then.
Although with no more guaranteed GF tickets , it may not happen this season.

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Can we get to 34k?!

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Taken ages to move - Hopefully we can get to 34K

jazzadogs
27-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I'd say that, given we're so close, the administration will do whatever it takes (purchasing an extra one or two if they must) to push us over 34k.

BulldogBelle
27-05-2010, 04:03 PM

Cut off date is around June 30th so still another 4 and half weeks to go we should pass the 34k mark.

choconmientay
31-05-2010, 07:48 PM
33978 despite the off-field drama with Aker :)

LostDoggy
31-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Superb effort.

KT31
01-06-2010, 07:59 PM
33978 despite the off-field drama with Aker :)

Imagine if our form was better we would end up with a couple of the fence sitters signing up.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Imagine if our form was better we would end up with a couple of the fence sitters signing up.

Great effort by the club.

Imagine what it'd be like if we made the Grand Final / won it. Hawthorn's membership has skyrocketed since '08, I think we'd see a fair rise too.

choconmientay
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM

We just got past the 34k mark. 34030 now. Those members must have signed up before the game against Collingwood ;)

bornadog
15-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Only 47 new members in the past week to give us a total of 34,077. We won't crack 35000, but what a great effort.