PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Hooray for Susan Alberti Thread?

firstdogonthemoon
16-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Here it is! Hooray - ahahahah take that Sam Newman. As soon as they take the footy show out the back and whack it over the head with large piece of wood the better.

aker39
16-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Here

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=126456#post126456

firstdogonthemoon
16-11-2009, 05:19 PM
So it is. How clever of us to already have one.

Before I Die
16-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I want to post in this one.

Hooray for Susan Alberti.

Three cheers for standing up to the school yard bullies.

LostDoggy
16-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I think that show is eternal. No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the Australian public.

But anyway - hooray for Susan A.

Throughandthrough
16-11-2009, 10:14 PM
and that's a big hooray from me as well.

Max469
16-11-2009, 10:28 PM
and me

alwaysadog
16-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Good on Sue A, but I suspect that chanel 9 played this for all it was worth and just before their "stars" got into a position they weren't in control of they pulled the pin. Their logic wouldn't stand a chance against real analysis and they knew it.

I haven't watched the footy show for many years and every time stupid sam comes on to a station I am listening to I change channels.

I suspect that 9 reckon the money it cost has probably been worth it, getting them publicity when the real stuff is months away, and firmed up their grip on the audience of the low lifes.

Remi Moses
16-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Good on her Newman and Lyon should have apologised. Ego's out of control with those two clowns,let's face it the footy show is well passed it's use buy date!

Murphy'sLore
17-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Three cheers from me too. Susan Alberti's dignity throughout this whole sorry saga has been admirable.

Yay.

w3design
19-11-2009, 09:58 PM
She was all class. Newman is more and more pitiful. Good work Susan

Dancin' Douggy
19-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I honestly can't believe anyone watches that show any more.

hujsh
19-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I honestly can't believe anyone watches that show any more.

The only people I know who continue to watch don't really follow AFL or have a team. Makes sense considering how little they look at the actual game.

AndrewP6
19-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I watch The Footy Show. And I follow the Doggies. :)

Scraggers
20-11-2009, 12:56 AM
The only people I know who continue to watch don't really follow AFL or have a team. Makes sense considering how little they look at the actual game.

I watch The Footy Show. And I follow the Doggies. :)

I've only missed three or four episodes since its inception ... I love the show, and I love the Dogs

gohardorgohome
20-11-2009, 12:59 AM
I prefer the Marngroo Footy Show these days..more footy talk and I get a giggle watching Gilbert McAdam.... pity he isnt on more mainstream media. Channel Nine Footy show is getting more and more irellevant.

LostDoggy
20-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Did she end up giving the money to charity, as someone suggested she would on this board a while back? Good on her for the win.

Watched the Footy show a number of times last year, after years of not caring about it. I must say, hopefully Shane Crawford gets the shovel very soon. He's a breath of fresh sulphur.

mighty_west
20-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Newman & especially Lyon had been extremely foolish & really, way out of their depth, and for Newman not apologize & Lyon just walking away from the situation just show what types of people they really are.

We know what Sam is like, take him or leave him, he can be good value, him & Eddie worked well together, ever since Lyon stepped in, it's been total chaos, Newman is like a little kid that needs to be kept in line, and when kept in line, he can come out with some decent material.

As for Lyon, it just astounds me how he holds down 2 big gigs such as hosting the Footy Show & Footy Classifieds, he is a total fool, even some of his thoughts on the game, i just shake my head, he seems to be stuck in the past with some of his footy views, and how he would ever be considered to take on a coaching job one day, geez, hope he never comes to our club!

I'll watch the Footy show on & off, just because it's there, but nowhere near as much as i used to with Eddie in charge, he did the job exceptionally well, Lyon just annoys me with his stupidity.

Mofra
20-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I prefer the Marngroo Footy Show these days..more footy talk and I get a giggle watching Gilbert McAdam.... pity he isnt on more mainstream media. Channel Nine Footy show is getting more and more irellevant.
The theme song is much better too, although it can get stuck in your head for hours afterwards.

They actually talk about football instead of worrying about stupid stunts for ratings. Overall a much better show, hosted by people who seem more passionate about football than they do about their own media careers.

LostDoggy
20-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Its different approach - football experts talking about football instead trying to be comedians. Who would have thought of that?

AndrewP6
20-11-2009, 09:42 PM
The theme song is much better too, although it can get stuck in your head for hours afterwards.

They actually talk about football instead of worrying about stupid stunts for ratings. Overall a much better show, hosted by people who seem more passionate about football than they do about their own media careers.

Their footy knowledge is good, they know their stuff, I just find it really dull. Don't find the game itself dull (obviously!) just that show. Anyhoo, to each his own....

LostDoggy
21-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Their footy knowledge is good, they know their stuff, I just find it really dull. Don't find the game itself dull (obviously!) just that show. Anyhoo, to each his own....

Dull? Thats the footy show. 2 hours on Lyon's being hairy or Dunstall being a gorilla.

AndrewP6
21-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Dull? Thats the footy show. 2 hours on Lyon's being hairy or Dunstall being a gorilla.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'd personally much rather sit through a couple of hours of mindless, puerile behaviour on TFS than the monotone panel of the other one. But that's just me.

And Lyon IS very hairy. And the Chieftain IS a bit gorilla-like.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Anybody watch FFC on Foxtel? Pretty in-depth analysis on A-League from week to week and they touch on the International headlines too. I don't know a lot about soccer, but it's still interesting to watch.

It's much better than all of the AFL shows IMO.

Not that it's hard to top.

firstdogonthemoon
21-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Heavens to betsy what do you people think you are doing?

This thread is for saying nice things about Susan Alberti and not much more. Certainly nothing about Gary Lyon's bottom.

I have released a press release accordingly.

First Dog On The Moon Statement:

Following the recent settlement between Channel 9 and Western Bulldogs Club Patron and Director, Dr Susan Alberti OAM, First Dog On The Moon would again like to express his support for Dr Alberti.

Dr Alberti was been a wonderful supporter of the Western Bulldogs for a number of years, and without her assistance the Club would not be in the position it is in today.

First Dog On The Moon acknowledges the significant impact that women like Dr Alberti and many others have on both AFL and grass roots football throughout Australia. Such women play an integral and important role in our national game.

First Dog On The moon is pleased that this matter has now been resolved.

AndrewP6
21-11-2009, 07:26 PM
First Dog On The Moon Statement:

Following the recent settlement between Channel 9 and Western Bulldogs Club Patron and Director, Dr Susan Alberti OAM, First Dog On The Moon would again like to express his support for Dr Alberti.

Dr Alberti was been a wonderful supporter of the Western Bulldogs for a number of years, and without her assistance the Club would not be in the position it is in today.

First Dog On The Moon acknowledges the significant impact that women like Dr Alberti and many others have on both AFL and grass roots football throughout Australia. Such women play an integral and important role in our national game.

First Dog On The moon is pleased that this matter has now been resolved.

Surely there's a copyright infringement there? ;)

alwaysadog
21-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Surely there's a copyright infringement there? ;)

No just a spot of playful plagiarism, which makes as much sense as the original statement.

AndrewP6
21-11-2009, 10:02 PM
No just a spot of playful plagiarism, which makes as much sense as the original statement.

Hahaha... nice work..

alwaysadog
21-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Hahaha... nice work..

The statement was a comedians delight: if the Bulldogs didn't support her who did? Which of course is a comment on the club's media treatment and not on issue at the centre of the matter. The PR bullshit sometimes is so transparently obvious, silly and unnecessary that it deserves the treatment FDOTM gave it.

I can't wait to see what his response will be in graphic form.

Throughandthrough
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Wowee, just saw the Today Tonight interview, just shown on Channel 7 Today Tonight.

Sorry I wasn't organised enough to record it & upload it, was walking past the room when it came on.

Amazing lady.

NB Hopefully the vid will be on here soon

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/

Sockeye Salmon
10-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Wowee, just saw the Today Tonight interview, just shown on Channel 7 Today Tonight.

Sorry I wasn't organised enough to record it & upload it, was walking past the room when it came on.

Amazing lady.

NB Hopefully the vid will be on here soon

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/

Rocket told us tonight that Susan is astonishing in how much cash she has poured into our club. She's got plenty, of course, but has given away plenty, too.

Remi Moses
11-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Not surprising she is as tough as nails as she was brought up in a commission house in the west.:)

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Hooray for Susan!! She treated myself and my plight with great care and consideration during the the Sons of the West incident investigation. Lost what little respect I had for Newman when he lied to me at the 1st final this year.

Twodogs
11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
And Lyon IS very hairy.

And dopey to go with it.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'd personally much rather sit through a couple of hours of mindless, puerile behaviour on TFS than the monotone panel of the other one. But that's just me.

You can watch whatever you want, that's your prerogative. But I think the consternation on this thread pointed at TFS isnt so much about the (appalling) quality of the show itself. It's more about how they have defamed a fine sevant of our football club and then acted like immature ****wits when called to account over it. Their employer saw they were at fault pretty quickly and apologised. Newman and Lyon still refuse to do the decent thing.

Let's make a little comparison; Susan was diagnosed with cancer in 2006, struggled through her illness with no fuss and still managed to go to footy club functions and fullfill her board duties. This year Jim Stynes did much the same.
According to Newman (and presumably Lyon-he certainly has made no effort to differ his stance from Sam) Susan is amongst a group of "liars and hypocrites" who "Serve very little purpose at board level. What do they do?" wheras Garry Lyon says of Stynes "The best way to sum him up is that I think he's done even greater things outside footy, Footy's ... a great game and we love it, but his legacy goes well, well beyond the footy field."

What's the difference between Stynes and Alberti? Easy question to answer-Alberti isnt Lyon's mate although she has done as much for the community, her club and had a similar illness.

Garry Lyon=hypocrite.

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
And dopey to go with it.

You can watch whatever you want, that's your prerogative. But I think the consternation on this thread pointed at TFS isnt so much about the (appalling) quality of the show itself. It's more about how they have defamed a fine sevant of our football club and then acted like immature ****wits when called to account over it. Their employer saw they were at fault pretty quickly and apologised. Newman and Lyon still refuse to do the decent thing.

Let's make a little comparison; Susan was diagnosed with cancer in 2006, struggled through her illness with no fuss and still managed to go to footy club functions and fullfill her board duties. This year Jim Stynes did much the same.
According to Newman (and presumably Lyon-he certainly has made no effort to differ his stance from Sam) Susan is amongst a group of "liars and hypocrites" who "Serve very little purpose at board level. What do they do?" wheras Garry Lyon says of Stynes "The best way to sum him up is that I think he's done even greater things outside footy, Footy's ... a great game and we love it, but his legacy goes well, well beyond the footy field."

What's the difference between Stynes and Alberti? Easy question to answer-Alberti isnt Lyon's mate although she has done as much for the community, her club and had a similar illness.

Garry Lyon=hypocrite.
At the end of the interview on This Day Tonight, the interviewer announced that Susan was donating the money she was awarded to Juvenille Diabeties. From what I know of Susan I guessed she would do something like this, I knew it wasn't a matter of money it was a matter of principle.

Sockeye Salmon
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
At the end of the interview on This Day Tonight, the interviewer announced that Susan was donating the money she was awarded to Juvenille Diabeties. From what I know of Susan I guessed she would do something like this, I knew it wasn't a matter of money it was a matter of principle.

Susan lost her daughter to juvenile diabetes and has been their patron for years. It's the only thing she pours more money into then the Dogs.

LostDoggy
12-12-2009, 07:01 PM
she grew up in the east not the west but has always loved the westernbulldogs for over 55 years and lived in public housing in the east
________
Toyota p engine (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_P_engine)

Before I Die
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Here is a link to the transcript from a Susan Alberti interview on the ABC's Talking Heads. Very impressive lady.

Link (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/txt/s2611367.htm)

The Coon Dog
05-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Here is a link to the transcript from a Susan Alberti interview on the ABC's Talking Heads. Very impressive lady.

Link (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/txt/s2611367.htm)

Anyone who watched that show couldn't help but be moved by the way Sue has responded to the challenges life has thrown at her.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Caught a replay of the Ch 2 'Talking Heads' show with Sue just the other day. Got a bit emotional and cried a couple of times. Where she finds the time to do all that she does, I have no idea.

When it comes to giving praise,
I can be rather choosy,
But no hesitation if it's about an Alberti,
With the first name Susie.

Susie, you are an inspiration to more people than I think you could ever possibly realize. I tip my hat (or mohawk) to you. I hope you do not mind that I threw your name into the ring for the naming competition for the new footbridge at Footscray train station. Unfortunately, we did not win.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
You are very gifted with your poetry. I wish I could write like you. It was lovely of you to put forward her name for the footbridge. Yes, she is a very busy lady but enjoys making a difference to her community especially the Bulldog community.
________
Bdsm tits (http://www.****tube.com/categories/252/tits/videos/1)

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
You are very gifted with your poetry. I wish I could write like you. It was lovely of you to put forward her name for the footbridge. Yes, she is a very busy lady but enjoys making a difference to her community especially the Bulldog community.

More like 'daring with my dittiess' I think. ;)

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 02:45 PM
You can describe your work any way you like, but you are very talented nevertheless. Keep up the great work!
________
Babe russian (http://www.****tube.com/categories/194/russian/videos/1)

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Twodogs;129721]

TwoDogs - couldn't agree more with your statement. Well written words of truth. Susan, you are a lady who has my admiration and respect, more than I could say about TFS blokes, especially Newman.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Lets just say diabetes research was the winner in this saga. May the Dogs continue to prosper and succeed both on and off the field. Just look at the membership growing day by day. It is so exciting to see the progress in the membership area. Lets hope we can make history this year with our membership numbers.
________
Ford Falcon Gtho Phase Iii Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Falcon_GTHO_Phase_III)

Mantis
10-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Lets just say diabetes research was the winner in this saga. May the Dogs continue to prosper and succeed both on and off the field. Just look at the membership growing day by day. It is so exciting to see the progress in the membership area. Lets hope we can make history this year with our membership numbers.

I would prefer we make history by winning the premiership.:)

But it is great to see the membership numbers growing at a steady rate.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I too would like to see the Premiership, but membership is the lifeblood of the Club. Can you imagine what a difference to the bottom line if we had an extra 20,000 members up on last year. However, we are making steady progress and are up approx 7,000 at this time last year. The turnaround in the Club over the past four to five years is nothing short of amazing. As suppporters of the WB we should all be very proud of our mighty club.
________
Silversurfer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

LostDoggy
15-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I too would like to see the Premiership, but membership is the lifeblood of the Club. Can you imagine what a difference to the bottom line if we had an extra 20,000 members up on last year. However, we are making steady progress and are up approx 7,000 at this time last year. The turnaround in the Club over the past four to five years is nothing short of amazing. As suppporters of the WB we should all be very proud of our mighty club.

Would like to speak to someone at the club about that very issue. My mind has spent the weekend reflecting and contemplating in and around the club and where it is headed. Please contact me, susie , if you still have my details or PM me.

LostDoggy
15-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Please email Go Dogs to Sue Alberti at the club and they will pass on any emails etc. Perhaps we can strategise together on how we can grow our membership base. We must do this in order to keep up with the other AFL Clubs. I cannot stress to any non members out there to get behind our Club and take out their membership. There are still approx 7,000 who have not resigned from last year. Thanks for the interest DaDruid Go Dogs!
________
Herbalaire (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Sam Reid just spent the past two days in Canberra, joining 110 children with type 1 diabetes. They asked the Government not to forget them when deciding on medical research. Sam spoke in front of 350 guests about his own battle with type 1. He was absolutely fantastic. He was incredibly courageous to speak for the first time publicly about his disease. He is now a "cult hero" amongst the children with type 1. May Sam continue to show the world that type 1 diabetes will not get in the way of making the big time in AFL football. I do hope he gets to play a game soon in the team. He is a true champion in many peoples eyes.
________
Dodge super 8 hemi specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Super_8_Hemi)

azabob
22-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Sam Reid just spent the past two days in Canberra, joining 110 children with type 1 diabetes. They asked the Government not to forget them when deciding on medical research. Sam spoke in front of 350 guests about his own battle with type 1. He was absolutely fantastic. He was incredibly courageous to speak for the first time publicly about his disease. He is now a "cult hero" amongst the children with type 1. May Sam continue to show the world that type 1 diabetes will not get in the way of making the big time in AFL football. I do hope he gets to play a game soon in the team. He is a true champion in many peoples eyes.

Not only children Susie. ;)

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Agreed Bob.

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, he is not only a great footballer, but a fine young man in every sense of the word. I cannot wait to see him play a senior game for the WB.
________
Michigan medical marijuana dispensaries (http://michigan.dispensaries.org/)

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I know that I am salivating at the scenario of Sam playing seniors this semester!:)