PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Magazine and 2009 Year book

bornadog
24-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Just received today, includes poster and article on Boyd, year highlights, the Blue print etc.

With the magazine is a form to complete and return on consecutive years of membership.

AndrewP6
24-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Got mine today too... about to get stuck into it...

EDIT: No return envelope to send back the membership survey?

Dazza
24-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm liking the consecutive membership question. I wonder what they have in mind with it. Also liking the personalized approach with the membership renewal form.

AndrewP6
24-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey, everyone who has the mag... Check out the 'Events' page, with the pic of Smorgo and Johnno holding the guernsey at the Family Day - I'm in it! Not exactly a feature, but behind Johnno's left shoulder, I can be seen (just!) in the crowd! I'm counting this as part of my 15 minutes of fame - anyone else spot themselves???

Murphy'sLore
25-11-2009, 11:49 AM
I did wonder how many Woofers might be sprinkled through the mag! Anyone else?:)

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm liking the consecutive membership question. I wonder what they have in mind with it.

Probably trying to fill some of the more alarming gaps in our database courtesy of some poor business practices in the days gone by.

They wouldn't be asking the question if they already knew the answer; and ideally they would know the answer when it concerns something as valuable as information on our past membership activity.

It was common knowledge a few years back that our database was a shambles. It's unlikely that the club ever had the time and resources to ensure that it was maintained and upgraded as required.

It's not the current administration's fault and it's good that they are making a concerted effort to fill in the blanks. If the good work results in 'membership year' scarves like the Hawthorn members wear, all the better!

The Pie Man
26-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Probably trying to fill some of the more alarming gaps in our database courtesy of some poor business practices in the days gone by.

They wouldn't be asking the question if they already knew the answer; and ideally they would know the answer when it concerns something as valuable as information on our past membership activity.

It was common knowledge a few years back that our database was a shambles. It's unlikely that the club ever had the time and resources to ensure that it was maintained and upgraded as required.

It's not the current administration's fault and it's good that they are making a concerted effort to fill in the blanks. If the good work results in 'membership year' scarves like the Hawthorn members wear, all the better!

Agreed, it's a solid way of connecting with your members

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I was happy to read about the planned Bulldogs museum at the Whitten Oval. I love our club's great history and cannot wait to see it immortalised! I think a bronze statue of Irene would not look out of place either!

jazzadogs
27-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I like the fact that we get these magazines. They always have a couple of interesting pieces in them, and it's just generally good to have a read about the Dogs.
I have Saints members in my family who receive nothing like this. So Kudos to the Dogs.

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 01:37 AM
I like the fact that we get these magazines. They always have a couple of interesting pieces in them, and it's just generally good to have a read about the Dogs.
I have Saints members in my family who receive nothing like this. So Kudos to the Dogs.

Interesting. I thought all clubs sent a quarterly magazine to members. Well it's pretty awesome that the Doggies make one! :cool:

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I was happy to read about the planned Bulldogs museum at the Whitten Oval. I love our club's great history and cannot wait to see it immortalised! I think a bronze statue of Irene would not look out of place either!

Had a friend ring me about 18 months ago asking to guess what he was doing right at that point in time. The lucky bloke was holding the 1954 Premiership Cup and other memorabilia that the company he worked for had received for secure storage from WBFC. As Warehouse Manager, he took on the 'responsibility' on placing it there himself. The fact he is raging Bulldog fan had nothing to do with it!

The Bulldogs Bite
28-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Ditto.

A very nice touch and a great idea employed by the club.

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Had a friend ring me about 18 months ago asking to guess what he was doing right at that point in time. The lucky bloke was holding the 1954 Premiership Cup and other memorabilia that the company he worked for had received for secure storage from WBFC. As Warehouse Manager, he took on the 'responsibility' on placing it there himself. The fact he is raging Bulldog fan had nothing to do with it!

Lucky guy! I'm sure he'll be watching that one very carefully!
Not like that old Carlton cup that went missing...one of my dad's mates had it for that whole time it was gone but I have no idea about the story leading up to him acquiring it.
What I do know is that every year my dad would go around to his house and watch the granny, and every year they would all get totally sloshed and do laps around the backyard with the cup full of beer!

craigsahibee
29-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I do look forward to the magazine each quarter. One complaint about the most recent edition though is the photo spread on pages 12 & 13 as part of the "Miracle of the West" article. The person emerging from the ELC is actually wearing an Essendon guernsey. :eek:

LostDoggy
29-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I do look forward to the magazine each quarter. One complaint about the most recent edition though is the photo spread on pages 12 & 13 as part of the "Miracle of the West" article. The person emerging from the ELC is actually wearing an Essendon guernsey. :eek:
Why don't we just say it is Braybrook guernsey.