PDA

View Full Version : Pick 31- Jason Tutt

Rocco Jones
26-11-2009, 08:10 PM
He is his bio.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86876/default.aspx

Interesting to see he compares himself to Gilbee.

Throughandthrough
26-11-2009, 08:12 PM
gun.

bulldogtragic
26-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Bolter.

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I am liking these selections, to be honest.

bulldogsman
26-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Awesome really love this kid

bulldogtragic
26-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Well we have a heap of tall forwards, a heap of mids, a heap of tall backs and small f/s selections next year. Another small forward and somerunning backs would fit the bill i guess. Especially since our gameplan is on skill and precision kicking.

Dancin' Douggy
26-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I hereby declare him to be forever known as KING TUTT!!!!!!!!

Bulldog4life
26-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I hereby declare him to be forever known as KING TUTT!!!!!!!!

I like it.:D

bulldogtragic
26-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Matt Burgan:

63 - WESTERN BULLDOGS - Jason Tutt
DOB: 15/05/91, Height: 177cm, Weight: 72kg
Recruited from: Ainslie/NSW-ACT Rams (ACT)
Draft range: 38-76
Meet Jason Tutt

Tutt looks set to become just the second current AFL-listed player from Canberra, joining Swans co-captain Craig Bolton. The Dogs are definitely eyeing him off at this pick, as they believe his run and penetrating kicks out of defence can add to their group. Collingwood, the Sydney Swans and Carlton are possibilities to take Tutt, who can also be called on to use his blend of speed and endurance in the midfield.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Due to the high demand the web cant show the highlights of "King Tut"

By the sounds of you lot, I'm happy and cant wait to see the kids highlights.

Scorlibo
26-11-2009, 09:07 PM
We breed 'em well up here in Canberra!:) Good luck to him.

soupman
26-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Looks to be a good kick at full pace. Glides along and can kick a fair way. One of his kickout look to make it into the centre square at Aami Stadium (?).

divvydan
26-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Watched the footage the other day, reminded me of Aussie Jones

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 10:43 PM
From the Herald Sun.

BEWARE KING TUTT

Defender Jason Tutt joined Swans co-captain Craig Bolton as the only player from the nation’s capital on an AFL list after being taken by the Western Bulldogs at No.31. Back in 1990 another unknown boy hailing from Ainslie was drafted with pick No.79. His name was James Hird.

Bulldog Revolution
26-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Watched the footage the other day, reminded me of Aussie Jones

I can see a bit of that, I was thinking of another saint Leigh Montagna

lemmon
27-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Two highly skilled running defenders/midfielders with pace and endurance. Sounds good to me

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Footage of Jason Tutt from the Bulldogs website. Good luck loading it and having it play properly (Bigpond).

http://bigpondvideo.com/westernbulldogstv/220653

Mofra
27-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I lived in Canberra many years ago so I like this selection.

For a start, there will be absolutely no go home factor :D

soupman
27-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Here is TFLAU-Tiger's write up of him from the Bigfooty draft thread.

Richmond - Pick #50 - Jason Tutt / NSW / 176cm / 72kg

Small defender/midfielder with exquisite footskills, who represented NSW/ACT at the Champs and tested at the DC. Looks really unfased with and without the ball for someone of his stature, and is smart and strong around the contest.

Averaged 80% + disposal efficiency at the Champs playing off a flank, and that's in the elite category. Needs to bulk up, but could be a really effective HBF'er/back pocket with breath-taking skills. Is a real link player as well, works really hard to make it to each and every contest after disposing the ball.

Is a really strong tackler - I'd worry about him in one on one contests until he's bulked up mind you.

The thing that wins me over, his work ethic and rate and his beatuiful disposal.

comrade
28-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I re-watched the NSW vs Tasmania game from this year's U/18 carnival to have a look at Tutt.

He started in the back pocket and was the Ram's designated kicker from full back. Everything that's been written about his disposal is correct - it's sublime, with his long kicking both penetrating and accurate, and his short kicking well weighted and fast (no floating chip kicks).

After starting back, he was moved higher up the ground as a ball carrier through the middle and his decision making was impressive, hitting targets up forward through reasonable traffic.

He did try and take on his opponent and got caught a few times early, but his attacking instincts were obvious. I also liked the fact that he had 3 genuine smothers where he was quick enough to shut down space and throw his body at the ball.

He was dragged back on in to the defensive goal square and was out-bodied by a bigger opponent. This is something he'll need to work on if he is given a role off the half back line, because he is small and opposition teams will try and isolate him.

He reminds me a lot of Leigh Montagna actually, who I rate as a quality player, and ultimately, I think he'll make a good line-breaking midfielder

A good pick up at 31, I'm looking forward to seeing his development down at Williamstown next year.

BRING IT ON
28-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes it will be interesting to watch his development , if he can get his weight up to the 85-90kg mark and stays injury free he might get some senior game time in 2011

azabob
28-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I re-watched the NSW vs Tasmania game from this year's U/18 carnival to have a look at Tutt.

Thanks for the feedback Comrade.

With the drafting of Tutt and Howard that puts even more pressure on Addison and Callan moving forward.
Tutt and Howard seem to have an attacking side to their game where as Addison and Callan are more defensive.

chef
28-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes it will be interesting to watch his development , if he can get his weight up to the 85-90kg mark and stays injury free he might get some senior game time in 2011

I don't think we would want him that heavy.

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2009, 02:49 PM

He does seem to have a reasonable frame on him, but if he puts on that much weight he will have eaten himself out of the league B.I.O

BRING IT ON
28-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I,m sure in two pre-seasons he could put on 10 kilo's, and as I said if he stays injury free could in consideration for senior football 2011, more than likely coming off the bench near the mid season break.

azabob
28-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I,m sure in two pre-seasons he could put on 10 kilo's, and as I said if he stays injury free could in consideration for senior football 2011, more than likely coming off the bench near the mid season break.

Why would you want a running player to put on 10kg? He is a small guy height wise so surely an extra 10kg would not be good for his pace?

Mantis
28-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Why would you want a running player to put on 10kg? He is a small guy height wise so surely an extra 10kg would not be good for his pace?

Yep, if he remains at the same height (176cm) he wouldn't want to get any heavier than 75-78kg. If he does he will become too heavy and lose any pace advantage that he has.

hujsh
28-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Harbrow's only a couple cms taller and 2 kilos heavier so he shouldn't need too much weight to play a similar role.

GVGjr
29-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Eade mildly tut-tuts Tutt over aiming to make debut at Manuka (http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/eade-mildly-tuttuts-tutt-over-aiming-to-make-debut-at-manuka/1690503.aspx)

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/multimedia/images/large/649771.jpg

BY DAVID JEAN
28 Nov, 2009 10:00 AM
Ainslie product Jason Tutt has set himself the lofty goal of making his AFL debut at Manuka Oval on his 19th birthday, after being drafted by the Western Bulldogs this week.

Tutt became the first Canberran to be drafted in 10 years on Thursday night, when the Bulldogs scooped him up with pick 31.

In a strange twist of fate the Bulldogs' round eight clash with the Sydney Swans on May 15 falls on his birthday.

He said running out on Manuka Oval would be the ideal way to start his AFL career.

''I'm setting the goal to play in that one,'' Tutt said. ''It would be a dream come true for it to be my birthday and be playing in Canberra in front of friends and family and all the people that have helped me along the way.''

While Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said targeting a round eight debut was an achievable goal, he warned Tutt it would take a lot of hard work and luck to get there.

Eade said Tutt's speed and silky kicking had been the attributes that prompted the Bulldogs to use their second draft selection on him.

But with the Bulldogs blessed with one of the most talented playing lists in the AFL, Eade said it would be hard for any of the club's four draftees to play senior football during next year's regular season.

''Most young lads take a bit of time,'' Eade said.

''Jason has certainly got the talent to do well first up.

''But we've got a pretty strong side with guys that have been around for a while and are playing some good footy.

comrade
29-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Good on him for setting a goal of playing senior footy in his first year - now he just needs to do the work to give himself a chance.

Twodogs
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM

He started in the back pocket and was the Ram's designated kicker from full back. Everything that's been written about his disposal is correct - it's sublime, with his long kicking both penetrating and accurate, and his short kicking well weighted and fast (no floating chip kicks).

Did you get a sense of what his left foot kicking was like Comrade? In that AFL highlights package he doesnt kick on the left at all and a couple of times he took a bit of extra time to make sure he could get onto his right.

GVGjr
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Did you get a sense of what his left foot kicking was like Comrade? In that AFL highlights package he doesnt kick on the left at all and a couple of times he took a bit of extra time to make sure he could get onto his right.

I have watched half of that game again and from memory he doesn't get caught on that side.
His kicking is good but he doesn't win the ball much.

bornadog
19-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Eade mildly tut-tuts Tutt over aiming to make debut at Manuka (http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/eade-mildly-tuttuts-tutt-over-aiming-to-make-debut-at-manuka/1690503.aspx)

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/multimedia/images/large/649771.jpg

BY DAVID JEAN
28 Nov, 2009 10:00 AM
Ainslie product Jason Tutt has set himself the lofty goal of making his AFL debut at Manuka Oval on his 19th birthday, after being drafted by the Western Bulldogs this week.

Tutt became the first Canberran to be drafted in 10 years on Thursday night, when the Bulldogs scooped him up with pick 31.

In a strange twist of fate the Bulldogs' round eight clash with the Sydney Swans on May 15 falls on his birthday.

He said running out on Manuka Oval would be the ideal way to start his AFL career.

''I'm setting the goal to play in that one,'' Tutt said. ''It would be a dream come true for it to be my birthday and be playing in Canberra in front of friends and family and all the people that have helped me along the way.''

While Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said targeting a round eight debut was an achievable goal, he warned Tutt it would take a lot of hard work and luck to get there.

Eade said Tutt's speed and silky kicking had been the attributes that prompted the Bulldogs to use their second draft selection on him.

But with the Bulldogs blessed with one of the most talented playing lists in the AFL, Eade said it would be hard for any of the club's four draftees to play senior football during next year's regular season.

''Most young lads take a bit of time,'' Eade said.

''Jason has certainly got the talent to do well first up.

''But we've got a pretty strong side with guys that have been around for a while and are playing some good footy.

Good Luck to young Tutt, now is your chance to impress.

the banker
19-08-2011, 03:16 PM

After starting back, he was moved higher up the ground as a ball carrier through the middle and his decision making was impressive, hitting targets up forward through reasonable traffic.

He did try and take on his opponent and got caught a few times early, but his attacking instincts were obvious. I also liked the fact that he had 3 genuine smothers where he was quick enough to shut down space and throw his body at the ball.

He was dragged back on in to the defensive goal square and was out-bodied by a bigger opponent. This is something he'll need to work on if he is given a role off the half back line, because he is small and opposition teams will try and isolate him.

He reminds me a lot of Leigh Montagna actually, who I rate as a quality player, and ultimately, I think he'll make a good line-breaking midfielder

A good pick up at 31, I'm looking forward to seeing his development down at Williamstown next year.

Like this and from what I've seen, I agree. Could see him as an outside goal kicking midfielder = Leigh Montagna

Mantis
19-08-2011, 03:30 PM
His lack of competitiveness & size worries me.... I just can't see him winning enough of the ball unless it's given to him on a plate.

I guess we will see where he is at over the coming weeks, but I still think he is some time off yet.

strebla
19-08-2011, 03:34 PM
His lack of competitiveness & size worries me.... I just can't see him winning enough of the ball unless it's given to him on a plate.

I guess we will see where he is at over the coming weeks, but I still think he is some time off yet.

Do you think he has what it takes to make it though I am still not sold particularly with his ball winning ability.

bornadog
19-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Do you think he has what it takes to make it though I am still not sold particularly with his ball winning ability.

We need outside running players.

strebla
19-08-2011, 03:56 PM
We need outside running players.

This is true but they need to be able to find their own ball at the same time BAD if not they become passengers very very quickly.

bornadog
19-08-2011, 04:07 PM
This is true but they need to be able to find their own ball at the same time BAD if not they become passengers very very quickly.

I think Tutt has shown he can do that at VFL level, so lets see how he goes in the big league.

strebla
19-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I think Tutt has shown he can do that at VFL level, so lets see how he goes in the big league.

Absolutely good luck to him and i hope he goes well as he is a good user of the ball just not sold on him thats all

Maddog37
19-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Full of positives this week Mantis..........

Mantis
19-08-2011, 05:12 PM

What was wrong with what I posted?... I'm not allowed to offer my opinion?

Maddog37
19-08-2011, 05:16 PM
What was wrong with what I posted?... I'm not allowed to offer my opinion?

Nothing wrong. I am just a bit over all the doom and gloom of the week. A debut is an exciting time and it is a bit sad when he is written off before even playing.

I do get your point but he at least looks like he plays with intent and thinks about the game.

Sockeye Salmon
19-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Nothing wrong. I am just a bit over all the doom and gloom of the week. A debut is an exciting time and it is a bit sad when he is written off before even playing.

I do get your point but he at least looks like he plays with intent and thinks about the game.

Hardly written off.

If we weren't in the situation we are in he wouldn't have gotten a look in this year.

I hope he does well but I don't have high expectations just yet.

BulldogBelle
21-08-2011, 08:21 PM
James Fantasia will offer him a 3 year contract tomorrow morning based on today's performance ;-)

Great performance by Jason on debut...

Maddog37
21-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Glad Tutt didn't share the pessimistic view of himself. Excellent effort.

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Didn't watch the game, but it seemed like he really impressed with those numbers.

ledge
21-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I think he is one of those players who will kill a side when we go forward but when the team is having a bad day would struggle.
He likes to run off and forward, backs his team mate to get it.
I am not saying its bad, all teams need those players its just the kind of player I see him as.
Made a few tackles too, great debut.

comrade
21-08-2011, 09:00 PM
He's our new Eagle! Mantis has a new favourite player.

:D

Go_Dogs
21-08-2011, 09:17 PM

Haha. :D

I think Tutt showed a bit more defensive intensity. Has a solid frame for his size, so should be able to develop his contested ball winning ability, tackling and core strength so I think he can be a better player than Eagle was. I also liked the fact he could kick the long, penetrating ball but also kicked some deft weighted passes to a lead up player, or drawing a player to a space.

bornadog
21-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Anyone change their mind? I know it was only Port, but you can't help being impressed with 26 disposals and 4 goals plus two goal assists.

Rocco Jones
21-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Anyone change their mind? I know it was only Port, but you can't help being impressed with 26 disposals and 4 goals plus two goal assists.

Today was his perfect game with the nice conditions and lack of pressure. With his ability to get into the right areas and his educated feet, I think he can be the type of player who only needs 15 possessions to hurt the opposition. A very intelligent young player. I thought his tackling was OK too today, he just needs to make sure he does as much as possible in that regard.

comrade
21-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Today was his perfect game with the nice conditions and lack of pressure. With his ability to get into the right areas and his educated feet, I think he can be the type of player who only needs 15 possessions to hurt the opposition. A very intelligent young player. I thought his tackling was OK too today, he just needs to make sure he does as much as possible in that regard.

He certainly adds an outside element that has been missing this year. He will have games where he is shut out but he is definitely a dangerous finisher.

I thought at times he was too unselfish and tried to spot up a leading target rather than banging it through from 50.

Rocco Jones
21-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I thought at times he was too unselfish and tried to spot up a leading target rather than banging it through from 50.

Outside of that moment early on in the 3rd quarter (Hall wasn't very impressed!), I agree. I like how he picked whether to go short or long today.

Mofra
21-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Looks like he could develop into an outside running type - given we have so many inside mids this is great news for us.
Hopefully he keeps his spot till the end of the year and has momentum & confidence to really attack a pre-season.

Rocco Jones
21-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Looks like he could develop into an outside running type - given we have so many inside mids this is great news for us.
Hopefully he keeps his spot till the end of the year and has momentum & confidence to really attack a pre-season.

The Howard and Tutt selections are looking a fair bit better than this time last year.

Mantis
21-08-2011, 09:38 PM

Not yet..... One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Let's see how he goes next week.

Mofra
21-08-2011, 09:39 PM
The Howard and Tutt selections are looking a fair bit better than this time last year.
It does show the folly in writing blokes off too early - neither are locks to make it yet but they've earned some time to develop

Throughandthrough
21-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Not sure if the three goals with three first kicks has been mentioned yet.....

always right
21-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Admittedly there was little pressure but you have to like how he hits targets.

1eyedog
21-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Looked like Mantis was right if you ask me. Tutt kicked three goals and was handed them all on a silver plate.

He was in the right place at the right time and finished well. Lets not get too excited about this. Port are a rabble and Tutt pretty much ran around by himself.

westdog54
21-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Is there a Record for highest Supercoach score for a Debutant?

147 is Astronomical for a first gamer.

Mitcha
21-08-2011, 11:01 PM
It just goes to show that sometimes all someone needs is a chance but most of all it shows is that some just need time. Someone once said it is not who plays first it is who plays longest and sometimes we in the outer are too hasty in our judgements. Well done King Tutt, be interesting to see how he goes in the coming weeks.

Mitcha
21-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Looked like Mantis was right if you ask me. Tutt kicked three goals and was handed them all on a silver plate.

He was in the right place at the right time and finished well. Lets not get too excited about this. Port are a rabble and Tutt pretty much ran around by himself.
Thats what outside midfielders do mate. He played his role to perfection. We have been screaming out for quick midfielders with good finishing skills and Tutty delivered. He won't be as good every week obviously but I am not sure how you can bag his effort today, lighten up and enjoy it.

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Is there a Record for highest Supercoach score for a Debutant?

147 is Astronomical for a first gamer.

Michael Barlow from Freo scored 151 on debut.

1eyedog
21-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Thats what outside midfielders do mate. He played his role to perfection. We have been screaming out for quick midfielders with good finishing skills and Tutty delivered. He won't be as good every week obviously but I am not sure how you can bag his effort today, lighten up and enjoy it.

I am perfectly rational in my assessment. I never bagged him either 'mate' but he (we) played against a team that would not have beaten Casey today.

He simply did not have an opponent so I am not surprised he touched it as much as he did.

gohardorgohome
21-08-2011, 11:17 PM
We have been crying out for a long accurate kicking fast midfielder. I'm not sure if many have noticed but we really miss an inform Adam Cooney. ( I am not saying Tutt is a Cooney replacement). We already have the in and under types. I find today's game from Tutt very encouraging.

Ghost Dog
21-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I am perfectly rational in my assessment. I never bagged him either 'mate' but he (we) played against a team that would not have beaten Casey today.

He simply did not have an opponent so I am not surprised he touched it as much as he did.

We were beaten in the last quarter, 6 goals to 2.

I think I read a few posters saying ' nothing we can take from today's game'
What a load of negative rubbish

Tutt's a little bullock. Look at the size of the traps in his neck

Throughandthrough
21-08-2011, 11:35 PM

So now we are criticising players for being in the right place at the right time?

Jeez Louise....

PS my factois of the day, Tutty kicked a goal with his first kick @ Ainslie, as well.

BulldogBelle
21-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi maties! Pretty awesome kicking 3 in his first 4 minutes! Doubt any player has ever done that?
:)

AndrewP6
22-08-2011, 12:03 AM
So now we are criticising players for being in the right place at the right time?

I know, I'm actually pretty chuffed to see a Dog in the right place at the right time. Plenty of times after a contest, we're left wondering "Where are all our blokes?"

Remi Moses
22-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Great Debut good disposal and tough at it!

Lake Superior
22-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Great debut lets hope he is not like Brad Murphy :)
Thought his efforts in defence were great especially when one out against Shultz.

Sockeye Salmon
22-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Let's see if he can get a kick against Hawhorn before we load up on next years Brownlow.

Happy Days
22-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I just don't see how we can fault today's game. Fair enough not wanting to put the cart before the horse, but there's not much other than positives you can take away from his game today.

FFS there's enough shit stuff happening at the club without needing to turn the good things into negatives.

Throughandthrough
22-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I just don't see how we can fault today's game. Fair enough not wanting to put the cart before the horse, but there's not much other than positives you can take away from his game today.

FFS there's enough shit stuff happening at the club without needing to turn the good things into negatives.

+ 1

People will be demanding he get dropped before next week soon.

Jaysus, the kid just played his first AFL game, and absolutely did better then he could have dreamed for.

And yet people still fry him.

Greystache
22-08-2011, 01:59 AM
I haven't been able to watch the game as yet, I've always thought of Tutty as a Nathan Eagleton type, did he play a similar way today?

BulldogBelle
22-08-2011, 06:12 AM
IIRC Brad Murphy has a similarly spectacular debut, or early game, but he faded badly after that. And Stack, in his first few games seemed to be in the right place at the right time, kicking goals, but never really looked like a long-termer.

But Tutt is different, he has a good record in the VFL. I expect that Tutt will be a long-term player.

Bulldog4life
22-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Agree. Can't believe the negative vibes on a great debut. Enjoy it fellows.

FrediKanoute
22-08-2011, 07:43 AM
If we' re criticising Tutt for how poor Port were then we really have sunk deep into the mire. Yes Port were awful, but for a first gamer to come in and kick 3 goals in the first 5 mins of the game indicates a guy who has some talent. Most impressive for me was is ability to find space and run to the right spots. His disposal is pretty good as well!

Sure not every week will be as good, but he has the right tools to be a good player for us. He is as many have saif=d an outside player, a receiver if you like who has good finihshing skills. The Eagle made long kicking and hard running an art form.

LongWait
22-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Gee we sound a lot like Richmond flogs on here. How anyone can fail to be impressed and excited by Tutt's debut is absolutely beyond me.

bornadog
22-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Gee we sound a lot like Richmond flogs on here. How anyone can fail to be impressed and excited by Tutt's debut is absolutely beyond me.

Yes unbelievable.

chef
22-08-2011, 09:51 AM

I hope so. We are really missing this type of player.

Desipura
22-08-2011, 10:02 AM
I haven't been able to watch the game as yet, I've always thought of Tutty as a Nathan Eagleton type, did he play a similar way today?
Only similarity is that his first instinct is to kick the ball instead of handball it, which I like. He kicks the ball well to a leading player and can kick it long. He has a good build on him already and I like how he tackles with intent, got rewarded for holding the ball once I can recall. Has good pace and likes to run and carry. something to build on.
Got a bit greedy in the 3rd qtr when he should have handballed to Hall in the square, was probably thinking how easy is this!

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 10:29 AM

I think I read a few posters saying ' nothing we can take from today's game'
What a load of negative rubbish

Amen brothers!

Yes unbelievable.

Sadly, not that unbelievable. Bulldogs fans really shit me sometimes.

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Totally agree Happy Days - let's enjoy this kids debut into the big league and take it for what it is/was - a pretty damm good debut!:D

1eyedog
22-08-2011, 10:46 AM

I think I read a few posters saying ' nothing we can take from today's game' What a load of negative rubbish

Never, ever said this.

Jeez Louise....

PS my factois of the day, Tutty kicked a goal with his first kick @ Ainslie, as well.

Who is criticising? Gee whizz pull back big fella. Look, what Tutt did today was great but let's not get too ahead of ourselves okay?

Let's see if he can get a kick against Hawhorn before we load up on next years Brownlow.

This.

+ 1

People will be demanding he get dropped before next week soon.

Jaysus, the kid just played his first AFL game, and absolutely did better then he could have dreamed for.

And yet people still fry him.

I'm not frying him, he was very good but I am not unrealistic of my expectations of him in the future. If he does nothing else for the rest of the year (and that may just turn out to be the case) watch posters really FRY him.

Again, he was good, but I stick to my opinion that he was well fed (and yes I know what outside mids are suppose to do), he basically did not have anyone on him (I was there at the game yesterday as stated in how's going to the Port game this week thread), and Port were (are) an absolute rabble.

As SS has said I would like to see where we are at next week.

Cyberdoggie
22-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Only similarity is that his first instinct is to kick the ball instead of handball it, which I like. He kicks the ball well to a leading player and can kick it long. He has a good build on him already and I like how he tackles with intent, got rewarded for holding the ball once I can recall.

Already sounds better than the Eagle to me! :rolleyes:

w3design
22-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Ridiculous comparing him to the Eagle..he has heaps of hair!:)

Just saw him at a Seddon coffee shop with Jones and Vezpremi. He's not very tall for today's footy..

His debut was very exciting, in such a disappointing year, let's enjoy a ray of hope.

stefoid
22-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Tell me will-watchers, what is Tutts disposal under pressure like? because obviously he can hoof it Ok under no pressure :)

Go_Dogs
22-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Tell me will-watchers, what is Tutts disposal under pressure like? because obviously he can hoof it Ok under no pressure :)

A couple of his goals yesterday were very much, under pressure receive and kick off a step. He did this well. I guess we'll get a better idea of his ability both on goal and general field kicking after more AFL matches. VFL pressure wouldn't be comparable IMO - although happy to bow to those who watch the B's regularly on that point.

jeemak
24-08-2011, 12:41 AM
We have an elite kick in the making with Tutt. His first option kicking, and the diversity in the way he delivered it to a team mate or goals was first rate.

Will be interesting to see how he approaches this week. If he's a smart kid he'll be concentrating on his tackling and defensive and spreading running, as he'll not be allowed the space he was against Port.

bornadog
24-08-2011, 03:41 PM
ljr5IbBOmsU

Ozza
24-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Adding a player to the team that can kick a goal from outside 50 is certainly a positive. We certainly haven't been inundated with outside 50 goals this year.

westdog54
24-08-2011, 08:40 PM
ljr5IbBOmsU

Interesting stat from Bruce in that video, Ben Rutten is the only currently listed player to have done what Tutty did.

Bit of a sidebar, while I was watching the game with my dad he asked 'Wasn't there a TV show that had an imaginary character named Tutt?'

He was thinking of 'Captain Tuttle' from M*A*S*H.