PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hall leaves his demons in the past

Hotdog60
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Barry Hall believes he has left the demons that plagued his later days at the Sydney Swans in the harbour city.

Hall's stellar career with the Swans ended on a sour note, his two-week suspension for striking Crow Ben Rutten proving the last straw for a club that, until then, had tolerated their full-forward's sometimes violent temper flares.

But since returning to Melbourne and commencing training with his new club, the 32-year-old says he feels more like a rookie than a veteran, and is keen to leave his indiscretions in the past.

"You try and impress everyone again - I'm feeling 18 at the moment," Hall said from Whitten Oval on Saturday.

"Melbourne's good, the weather's been alright and it's good to get home.

More (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87861/default.aspx)

Twodogs
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Barry Hall believes he has left the demons that plagued his later days at the Sydney Swans in the harbour city.

That's shocking grammar. He could only have later days at the Swans if he went back there. I wouldnt normally pick it out but I reckon that's the journo's mistake not a typo. For a reporter to not know the difference between 'later' and 'latter' is terrible.

AndrewP6
05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Just caught BAZZA on the Ch 9 news... looks in great nick... also great to see a WOOFer! (DaDruid, I think?)... great to see the Dogs get some air time pre-Christmas!

LostDoggy
12-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Re Barry, and his demons, I wonder if anyone has introduced him to Buddhism? It might be what he needs; a check on his hubris, send him on the path to Nibbanah....

Big Buddhist Bulldog Barry. Or the Bahai faith, which is usefully alliterative and peace-loving at the same time...

The Coon Dog
12-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Re Barry, and his demons, I wonder if anyone has introduced him to Buddhism?

I'd say Brett Kirk has probably soured him on that front.

LostDoggy
12-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I reckon I could swing an invite for Barry to either the Quahn Minh or Heavenly Queen Buddhist Temples with couple of phone calls during business hours. Both in spitting distance of Whitten Oval. He could go straight after training!

Twodogs
12-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd say Brett Kirk has probably soured him on that front.

I reckon I could swing an invite for Barry to either the Quahn Minh or Heavenly Queen Buddhist Temples with couple of phone calls during business hours. Both in spitting distance of Whitten Oval. He could go straight after training!

As TCD is inferring Barry would have been turned off after his experience with the Brett Kirk type brand of Buddhism. I reckon that the first person to mention the Dali Lama or Nirvana might get a fairly negative reception!

LostDoggy
13-12-2009, 11:18 AM
As TCD is inferring Barry would have been turned off after his experience with the Brett Kirk type brand of Buddhism. I reckon that the first person to mention the Dali Lama or Nirvana might get a fairly negative reception!

What about if I asked to rub Barry's belly for luck?
Would I soon look like I've been hit by a truck?

Twodogs
13-12-2009, 02:11 PM
What about if I asked to rub Barry's belly for luck?
Would I soon look like I've been hit by a truck?

Probably more like you've been hit repeatadly by a truck. A Mac truck in all likleyhood...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R-lO0VwYEHM/SfsX2TJhkwI/AAAAAAAAALc/e-wr49VjEpg/s320/Mack_Trucks_logo.gif

LostDoggy
13-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Thoughts of the multiple injuries,
Certainly does not at all please.
Although, head to toe, in the plaster I'd soon be,
I think, with a wink, would he autograph it for me.

LostDoggy
13-12-2009, 11:11 PM

I think this would be a good media event for the Dogs (if not for Buddhism). Headline writer's dream.