PDA

View Full Version : New white membership cap

angelopetraglia
23-12-2009, 11:19 PM
What does everyone think of the new 2010 membership cap?

The 2010 version is all white and looks very different to that of the last few years that have been predominately royal blue.

The Coon Dog
23-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm not a big wrap for white as a cap, prefer royal blue.

GVGjr
23-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Same here. I'm not a fan of playing in the white jumper when it's our home game either.

Rocco Jones
23-12-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm not a fan of playing in the white jumper when it's our home game either.

I like the idea of alternate jumpers and our white jumper as well, but I am with you on this one. We should keep it for jumper clashes in away games, you know, what alternate jumpers are actually made for!

GVGjr
23-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I like the idea of alternate jumpers and our white jumper as well, but I am with you on this one. We should keep it for jumper clashes in away games, you know, what alternate jumpers are actually made for!

I wrote to the club a few times about the change in policy and why it wasn't communicated to the fans and got a BS answer about it being a management decision. It's not their decision to make without informing the fans why as far as I am concerned.

I'll cop the clash games but not spur of the moment decisions for home games that the fans haven't been advised about. I see the white cap as an extension of a change that we haven't been fully made aware of.

I won't be wearing the cap.

Sockeye Salmon
24-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I love the cap, love the white jumper.

Of course, unlike most of you bums, I'm pure enough to wear white.

Happy Days
24-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I hate the cap, but then again I do every year.

Wish they would just give out the scarf and not make you jump through hoops to get it again, or at least as an option like they did last year instead of the cap, albeit a much more masculine one.

mjp
24-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I hate the cap, but then again I do every year.

Wish they would just give out the scarf and not make you jump through hoops to get it again, or at least as an option like they did last year instead of the cap, albeit a much more masculine one.

I got a scarf and a cap?

Compared to the white jumper, the white hat is a world class design decision.

As an aside, the kids hats are historically bad - they are a red/white/blue camouflage print ... but kind of looks more like a rwb dairy cow print. My 11 yo - the one remaining bastion of support I have in the household - is disgusted.

AndrewP6
24-12-2009, 01:18 AM
From the pics on here, I like it. IMO, the white looks alright. It's something different, anyway. They seem to have gotten rid of the massive Robodog from this year's members cap. Hope it fits my big scone (I sometimes have difficulty in this department!)

When my pack arrives, I'll be able to give a definitive answer!

jazzadogs
24-12-2009, 01:23 AM
I wasn't sure about the size of the bumper sticker...it's quite big, almost a square rather than a rectangle.

Hopefully it doesn't fade like the (original) one from last year.

I like the hat though.

Scraggers
24-12-2009, 02:43 AM
A sea of white hats on Grand Final day ... I'll take it ;)

mighty_west
24-12-2009, 04:11 AM
I wasn't sure about the size of the bumper sticker...it's quite big, almost a square rather than a rectangle.

Hopefully it doesn't fade like the (original) one from last year.

I like the hat though.

It is a bit big isn't it, i'll probably slice off the Unleashed [blue on Navy blue, can't even read it] and stick the Get Behind Us and Mission logo part where the unleashed part was, just match it up together like 2 stickers.

Wasn't sure about the hat at first, but it's kind of grown on me, i'll wear it, i am also a fan of the white clash strip.

Remi Moses
24-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Hell of an improvement on previous Pro Hart type designs. Great where one color is significant and not some design that that looks like it was cooked up by a 12 y/o

1eyedog
24-12-2009, 09:40 AM
We look like a bunch of old umpires running around out there in white. Very unnerving (and bring back the red shorts too while you're at it).

angelopetraglia
24-12-2009, 09:54 AM
One issue with the white hats is that when you see a sea of them we could be a number of other teams that also have white in their livery (e.g. Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North Melbourne, Sydney, Port Adelaide etc.).

Royal Blue is the main colour that distinguishes us.

GVGjr
24-12-2009, 10:19 AM
One issue with the white hats is that when you see a sea of them we could be a number of other teams that also have white in their livery (e.g. Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North Melbourne, Sydney, Port Adelaide etc.).

That's how I see it. I'm not sure why the club is as determined to move us away from the blue we have all known. I know it must be difficult to come up with some new ideas of design for caps and jumpers each season especially when you are limited to primarily one color but we seem to be moving towards the white more and more at the moment.

strebla
24-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I like the cap to look at but to wear it it won't last long as the white will get dirty very quickly i will just get it signed by a couple of players and not wear it i think.

Murphy'sLore
24-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't mind the white cap though I do prefer the royal blue versions. (Our white clash jumper is far superior to other teams' poxy efforts IMO.)

The camouflage cap wasn't a hit with my eight year old. One look and she immediately offered it to the boy next door. The five year old loves it though!

LostDoggy
24-12-2009, 12:21 PM
This must be a slow News day

LostDoggy
24-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm just happy got a Scarf and a hat this year :D ANd in the mail, not having to bring a voucher to the game to get it

The Bulldogs Bite
24-12-2009, 05:03 PM
That's how I see it. I'm not sure why the club is as determined to move us away from the blue we have all known. I know it must be difficult to come up with some new ideas of design for caps and jumpers each season especially when you are limited to primarily one color but we seem to be moving towards the white more and more at the moment.

There's definitely a pattern developing which is interesting. I like the cap but I think we should embrace the royal blue a little more than we currently are.

However, the scarf looks fantastic.

Rocco Jones
24-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Did everyone receive a scarf or just the social club members?

The Pie Man
24-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Did everyone receive a scarf or just the social club members?

I haven't received it yet, though I had to throw in an extra tenner to get that done (and I am Social Club)

No gripes with that, tis cheap really

LostDoggy
25-12-2009, 01:27 AM
I like the way they have used a different tri colour as the dominant colour each year. Next year it will probably go back to red - won't it?

LostDoggy
25-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Personally, I feel a bit guilty receiving a cap and scarf each and every year, to me it feels a tad wasteful (this is probably to do with the fact that I am not a hat person!), so I am happy to receive designs that are different.

I liked last year's set up where you could redeem a product if you wished, and appreciated that there was a female option with the pashmina.

Flamethrower
25-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I have never liked the caps much. Adjustable cotton caps are such poor quality. I would prefer to pay $20 to $30 and get New Era to make proper MLB style fitted caps.

Until then I would prefer to receive a scarf with the option of buying a cap, rather than vice versa. It seems only Social Club members, cotorie groups and player sponsors get a scarf included in their membership pack.

LostDoggy
25-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not much of a hat person so it doesn't really bother me, actually I think the 2006 one has been my favourite and I did wear that one a little bit that year. The social club scarf is really nice though.

LostDoggy
26-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Im a social club member, but i still bought 4 2010 member scarfes to :D

craigsahibee
27-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Royal Blue hats could get lost in a sea of Royal blue polo shirts, t shirts, scarves, hoodies etc. At least the white hats will add some contrast.

Those clubs you mentioned tend to stick to their dominant colour so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

LostDoggy
30-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Had to return my cap, had a stitching fault about a 1/2 inch long right in the centre of the peak. Just because I wear a mohawk to games and therefore hatless, doesn't mean I'll cop a dodgy cap the rest of the week. Don't get me started on the colour. Be clean for 2 milliseconds.

AndrewP6
30-12-2009, 10:49 PM
From the pics on here, I like it. IMO, the white looks alright. It's something different, anyway. They seem to have gotten rid of the massive Robodog from this year's members cap. Hope it fits my big scone (I sometimes have difficulty in this department!)

When my pack arrives, I'll be able to give a definitive answer!

I'll reiterate my words... I like it, it's good to change things up now and again...anyone put off by the whiteness can always wear a cap from another year!

GVGjr
30-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I'll reiterate my words... I like it, it's good to change things up now and again...anyone put off by the whiteness can always wear a cap from another year!

I wont be wearing either that cap or one from another year

AndrewP6
30-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I wont be wearing either that cap or one from another year

Not a cap person? Fair enough, I don't always wear them. :) As long as we're in the mix at the pointy end of 2010, I could care less what our members wear! :)

LostDoggy
30-12-2009, 11:31 PM
My most recent favourite design was the 2006 model. 2005 wasn't too bad either.

Staying true,
Keeping mostly blue,
Put to bed.
By some white and red.

GVGjr
30-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Not a cap person? Fair enough, I don't always wear them. :) As long as we're in the mix at the pointy end of 2010, I could care less what our members wear! :)
I'll be wearing a number of other options but it won't be a members cap. If the club is breaking with tradition I won't wear the members cap and support it.

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm still wearing my 2005 membership cap as I think it's been the best one so far. :)

ReLoad
31-12-2009, 11:22 AM
The Hat's average at best, quality is quite poor, i wish they wouldn't bother to be honest, the scarf is great though, love the EJ social club emblem on it.

The last few years bumper stickers have all faded badly, so lets hope this years one is better, although to be honest i'm not sure about its looks. (its a little dark and hard to tell exactly what its all about.)

BulldogBelle
31-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Can't say I am a fan of the white cap either, prefer previous versions - I have a favourite one that I purchased a couple of seasons ago and it only sees the light when the Dogs play.

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't understand why people are worked up about it, you don't buy membership to get a cap or scarf. Its an extra. As long as its red, white and blue I don't care whether its predominately one colour or the other.
You want a better hat, go buy the one you want.

anfo27
31-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I have never liked the caps much. Adjustable cotton caps are such poor quality. I would prefer to pay $20 to $30 and get New Era to make proper MLB style fitted caps.
Until then I would prefer to receive a scarf with the option of buying a cap, rather than vice versa. It seems only Social Club members, cotorie groups and player sponsors get a scarf included in their membership pack.

I agree with you there only thing is MLB caps are about $70. If we came out with a cap like that then i would wear it. I must say that i do love the white cap.

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Happy New year!

I don't mind the white cap personally. I think it still has enough colour on it to prevent it from being too bland.

Living in Darwin requires a slightly different wardrobe than Hobart so I recently took advantage of the end of season sale and picked up some doggies playing shorts (away) I can't be missed strutting through the supermarket in my bright white playing shorts!

Like me, I'm sure you're all building up quite an impressive collection of hats and scarves?

Cheers!
Dan

SonofScray
01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Fluro yellow "Footscray Its A Whole New Ball Game" reissue in 2011 IMO.

strebla
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM

That was very cheap and nasty wasn't it but I still wore mine with pride only got rid of it 2 years ago

BulldogBelle
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Gosh, I almost forgot about that one...I must delve into my box of bulldog caps to have a look at it again. :D

The Underdog
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
The cap is fine. At least white is a club colour. I usually expect the design to be pretty average, although I thought last year's was probably the best one. The issue I always have is that while I don't think my head is overly large (7 3/8 in a fitted cap), the cap's never quite seem to fit me properly. I've got 5 or 6 doggies caps that feel like they're always about to fall off my head so as usual I probably won't be wearing it much.

LostDoggy
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
The white cap is much too bland for me, ive always thought sporting teams should stay away from primarily white gear. However it is alot better than some of the designs we have gone with in the past.

Throughandthrough
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Echoing many other posters, I like the new white cap but it's too small for my big melon!

AndrewP6
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Echoing many other posters, I like the new white cap but it's too small for my big melon!

Thank god I'm not alone! :)

Spargo1966
03-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I like it better than previous years. However it still looks a bit cheap and nasty. They should forego a lot of the other stuff they give you and concentrate on a better quality cap.

Throughandthrough
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Thank god I'm not alone! :)

The world-wide club for people with big heads.

Me, Andrew P6 and Barry Hall.

Respect us.

The Underdog
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Respect us.

I actually tried this years on and compared it to the previous couple and it seems to actually be even smaller. Last years wasn't too bad size wise although certainly not a comfy fit for the larger noggined.

Doc26
03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Dont' mind the white just can't come to wearing anything 'robodog' so it will just go in the pile of other unused caps. The quality of the 2010 cap looked pretty poor to me in particularly the red part. Also can't recall my membership pack coming direct from Hong Kong in past years as it did this year..

AndrewP6
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Respect us.

:D :D :D

Nice work...

The Coon Dog
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Also can't recall my membership pack coming direct from Hong Kong in past years as it did this year..

Probably cut out the middle man. Pretty sure all the goodies contained therein would have come from Asia in the past, sent to Oz & then been dispatched locally.

Cyberdoggie
06-01-2010, 10:46 AM
love it!

Ozza
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Really like the new cap. Have never worn a buldogs member cap in the past....to be honest - they were terrible designs, really over done - and well.....a bit of an 'old man' hat!!! But I'm sure my old man will continue wearing his previous years edition!!!!

Love the new one - only got it last week - but it has had some wears already - playing golf and jogging it gets a guernsey.

gohardorgohome
11-01-2010, 06:23 PM
I think the new cap looks really good. (On my nine year old son) Trouble is that it is way too small. I have got a boof head this year's cap is the smallest ever. It may fit most people in the Chinese factory, but not me.

Can the membership department please fire up and make caps that fit boof heads. I've been getting around wearing a MLB baseball hat that I bought on a recent trip to the states. I can get a good fitting hat there, but I would prefer a doggies one..

AndrewP6
11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I think the new cap looks really good. (On my nine year old son) Trouble is that it is way too small. I have got a boof head this year's cap is the smallest ever. It may fit most people in the Chinese factory, but not me.

Can the membership department please fire up and make caps that fit boof heads. I've been getting around wearing a MLB baseball hat that I bought on a recent trip to the states. I can get a good fitting hat there, but I would prefer a doggies one..

I bring your attention to the following... welcome to the club

Respect us.

LostDoggy
12-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Think the colour of the hat is fine and quite like the design but never wear them as they are always too small. This year's cap does seem smaller than usual.

LostDoggy
13-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Agreed, last years was prob one of the better.

jitboy
14-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't mind the cap, now I have a blue and a white one to choose from depending what strip we're wearing. I'd imagine as a player it would be good to look out into the crowd and see where your club's fans are.

LostDoggy
14-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Dont' mind the white just can't come to wearing anything 'robodog' so it will just go in the pile of other unused caps. The quality of the 2010 cap looked pretty poor to me in particularly the red part. Also can't recall my membership pack coming direct from Hong Kong in past years as it did this year..

It was the red stitching that had come apart on the peak in the middle on my cap.:mad:

angelopetraglia
01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
I think people are voting in reference to the white caps.

Fewer people are wearing the caps compared to previous years. The Bulldgod side (where the season reserved seats are) were an absolute sea of members caps, but much, much fewer tonight than normal.

All white does not equal Western Bulldogs.

Also, quality is not up to the standard of previous year.

KT31
01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
I love the cap, love the white jumper.

Of course, unlike most of you bums, I'm pure enough to wear white.

Loser.

KT31
01-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Go a members beanie?
After all its not baseball and it is a traditional uniform.

The Coon Dog
01-05-2010, 10:33 AM
The WOOF Caps (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7331) are so much better. Had quite a few people ask me last night where I got it.

AndrewP6
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
The WOOF Caps (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7331) are so much better. Had quite a few people ask me last night where I got it.

Good call... thanks for the cap TCD (and anyone else responsible!)... one of last nights few highlights. People next to me at the table were impressed, and I think it looks a treat. Great fit for those of us with a big scone too! :)

GVGjr
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM

I sold two today at the Williamstown game and they hadn't even heard of the site. ;)

They were bitterly disappointed in the quality of the clubs cap

The Coon Dog
01-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I sold two today at the Williamstown game and they hadn't even heard of the site. ;)

They were bitterly disappointed in the quality of the clubs cap

I sold 3 last night to people who just really liked the cap. All had heard of the site, including Irene Chatfield.