PDA

View Full Version : Channel 72 About Time

LostDoggy
27-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Finally channel 72 is showing a Bulldog game that we won.
Round 21 2000, when we beat Essendon when they had not lost a game all season.
On 1:45am Tuesday 29th December.

BulldogBelle
27-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I will IQ this one and listen out for McAvaney's commentary when our Chris snapped that ripping goal....

The Coon Dog
27-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I will IQ this one and listen out for McAvaney's commentary when our Chris snapped that ripping goal....

"This is the sort of goal that the champ might kick here.

36 possessions.

He kicked the goal to bring them back into the game.

It's a great kick. He's kicked it!

Magnificent effort".

LostDoggy
28-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I still have the tape from the live telecast, but it's getting pretty ruined so I've converted it to DVD, I'll record it tonight so that I have a good copy. Thanks for posting this!

craigsahibee
29-12-2009, 12:35 AM
And finished with a typical understated response from the humblest of champions. Just love the GREAT MAN.

jazzadogs
29-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Fantastic. I try to keep an eye on the games they're showing, but I always worry that I'm going to miss the Bulldogs ones. This game will never leave the IQ :D

The Coon Dog
29-12-2009, 05:15 AM
The game just finished & I'm pumped!

Couldn't believe Huddo kicked 0 goals & 4 points.

For you Mantis, with us trailing by a point & under 2 minutes remaining Eagleton had a set shot from 45 out & didn't score!

How young did Bobby Murphy look?

Chris Grant was, is & always will be a champion!

Johnno; inspirational & boy did he give it to Barnsey after the game.

Looking at how good Nathan Brown was just breaks your heart.

Libba, that tackle on Lucas!

The best I've ever felt after a home & away game ever!

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 07:37 AM

Love watching that scene, I could watch it every day..makes me laugh how he was with our coaching staff for years, wonder if he & Johnno ever moved past it. Something rare, you hardly ever see Johnno fire up like that :D

strebla
29-12-2009, 09:00 AM
The game just finished & I'm pumped!

Couldn't believe Huddo kicked 0 goals & 4 points.

For you Mantis, with us trailing by a point & under 2 minutes remaining Eagleton had a set shot from 45 out & didn't score!

How young did Bobby Murphy look?

Chris Grant was, is & always will be a champion!

Looking at how good Nathan Brown was just breaks your heart.

The best I've ever felt after a home & away game ever!

did you happen to record it Coon Dog i haven't been on for 3 days and I missed it

The Coon Dog
29-12-2009, 09:42 AM
did you happen to record it Coon Dog i haven't been on for 3 days and I missed it

No I didn't.

strebla
29-12-2009, 10:01 AM
If anyone did happen to record it i would be very interested ina copy and will pay all the costs assosiated also would love a copy of rnd 22 1996 Western Bulldogs v Essendon although we lost Chris Grant and James Hird put on a real show.

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Well my dad taped it for me but it stopped recording with 3 minutes left when we we still behind, so that was a waste. It would have been interesting to hear the commentary from after the goals as mine has ads after just about every single goal.

Dry Rot
30-12-2009, 12:30 AM

I hope Eade still shows that to the young guys.

Won the game IMO.

Hotdog60
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Just thought I'd let people know that Dogs vs Pies draw from rd 12 1995 is on at 1.30am Friday 7-5-10

Sedat
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Just thought I'd let people know that Dogs vs Pies draw from rd 12 1995 is on at 1.30am Friday 7-5-10

Was at that game. It was a typically cold windly Waverley afternoon. We shot out to a 5 goal lead at 3/4 time but had to kick into a stiff breeze in the last qtr. The Pies caught up with us about 2 minutes before the end of the match - because of our rubbish percentage that season, the draw ended up being as good as a win and helped us sneak into the 8 (just so we could be humiliated by Brownless and co in the finals once again).

The game was also notable for 2 goal umpiring howlers, one that resulted in a Collingwood goal that was a clear point (Brereton from memory), and one that resulted in a Dogs point from a Richard Osborne kick that went at least 5 metres wide of the point post out on the full.

The Coon Dog
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Was at that game. It was a typically cold windly Waverley afternoon. We shot out to a 5 goal lead at 3/4 time but had to kick into a stiff breeze in the last qtr. The Pies caught up with us about 2 minutes before the end of the match - because of our rubbish percentage that season, the draw ended up being as good as a win and helped us sneak into the 8 (just so we could be humiliated by Brownless and co in the finals once again).

The game was also notable for 2 goal umpiring howlers, one that resulted in a Collingwood goal that was a clear point (Brereton from memory), and one that resulted in a Dogs point from a Richard Osborne kick that went at least 5 metres wide of the point post out on the full.

Spot on Sedat & yes it was Brereton. Late on Scott Wynd gave away a free kick to Damien Monkhorst who missed what could have been the winner.

Sockeye Salmon
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
We found a star that day. A big young kid called Nicol fixed up Sav Rocca. If only he could ride a bike.

azabob
03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
We found a star that day. A big young kid called Nicol fixed up Sav Rocca. If only he could ride a bike.

Is that what happened to him? As in crashed a push bike or? He also took a very very good mark late in the game from memory.

Sockeye Salmon
03-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Is that what happened to him? As in crashed a push bike or? He also took a very very good mark late in the game from memory.

I think a car crashed into him while he was on a training ride.