PDA

View Full Version : Family Day

ledge
28-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I just saw on the Bulldog Website that the Family Day is on Sunday the 28th of Feb, they havent put the start and finish time or any details, if there is a cost or you need to be a member etc, i havent been for years but am aiming to go to this one.

OLD SCRAGGer
28-12-2009, 01:31 PM
from memory, last year was a GOLD coin donation. Start time was 1000 (think) finish was around 2pm

AndrewP6
30-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Yep, I think PWebb is right - gold coin, 10am start.... should be a fun day once again!

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Yep, I think PWebb is right - gold coin, 10am start.... should be a fun day once again!

So it does start at 10am? Still nothing on the Bulldogs website. Looking forward to it. :)

aker39
05-02-2010, 03:33 PM
My kids love this day

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes there is

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/89208/default.aspx

Sorry, I meant there's nothing about what time it starts.

aker39
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I think it starts at 10.00am

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
the family day is programmed for a 10a.m start until 2pm
________
AMATEUR HOMEMADE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/60/homemade/videos/1)

chef
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
My wife and son are going, but not me:(

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
the family day is programmed for a 10a.m start until 2pm

Thanks Susie & aker39. Looking forward to it!! :)

LostDoggy
10-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Another question if anyone can please help - is it ok to bring my (mostly) well behaved, on lead dog to the Family Day? It's a long drive home if I get there & he's not allowed. ;)

The Coon Dog
10-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Another question if anyone can please help - is it ok to bring my (mostly) well behaved, on lead dog to the Family Day? It's a long drive home if I get there & he's not allowed. ;)
I reckon your best bet is to ring the club. In past seasons I have seen dogs there, but if you go on someone's say so on here & they're wrong...well it's a long drive home.;)

LostDoggy
10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I reckon your best bet is to ring the club. In past seasons I have seen dogs there, but if you go on someone's say so on here & they're wrong...well it's a long drive home.;)

Thanks TCD, good idea. Just rang the club - the lady thinks it's ok, as there were dogs at the intra club practice match, but will call me if any problems. :)

OLD SCRAGGer
10-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks TCD, good idea. Just rang the club - the lady thinks it's ok, as there were dogs at the intra club practice match, but will call me if any problems. :)

I know last year LOTS of people bought their dogs and singed them up as pet members, so I'm sure it'll be cool for you to bring doggies along

LostDoggy
10-02-2010, 02:28 PM
I know last year LOTS of people bought their dogs and singed them up as pet members, so I'm sure it'll be cool for you to bring doggies along

Great idea!! I'll sign him up too!! :D

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Great idea!! I'll sign him up too!! :D

My ex-partner's beagle had the pet membership pack arrive the other day so she rang me to complain about it. Her verbal abuse was worth every cent I spent on the beagle's membership!!

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Hope to see all of you at the Family Day. I will be positioned in the WB Forever Foundation Marquee along with my childhood football hero John Scultz former Brownlow Medallist. I wonder how many of you were alive when he was playing for the mighty Dogs. What a great champion he was and he is still a wonderful person. Come and say hello to me and John.
________
ULTIMATE FIGHTER (http://ultimatefighters.org/)

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Hope to see all of you at the Family Day. I will be positioned in the WB Forever Foundation Marquee along with my childhood football hero John Scultz former Brownlow Medallist. I wonder how many of you were alive when he was playing for the mighty Dogs. What a great champion he was and he is still a wonderful person. Come and say hello to me and John.
Susie I was alive when John won the Brownlow in 1960, I was 10, it was about then I started going to the footy, so I remember John playing, especially at the end of his career. I have seen John at a few events, and as you say, he is a real gentelmen.

Bulldog4life
11-02-2010, 03:46 PM

I remember John very well playing for us. By the way without being petty it's Schultz.:)
He is also my favourite player of all time and used to easily hold his own with Nicholls, Farmer & Co but never seem to get the accolades that those players did. A true gentleman off the field too. Have seen him and spoken to him at many of our matches. A true Bulldog Legend.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Do you remember when he had his nose broken at
Windy Hill. I remember crying so much. I was such a young child and my big brother tried to comfort me, but to no avail. I thought he was one of the finest players in the sixties. It looks like we are similar vintage.
________
Threesome Mmm (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1074/mmm/videos/1)

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 03:50 PM
sorry about the spelling! He is most certainly Schultz I will be a lot more careful next time, but he is still the best!!
________
Honda Cbf250 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBF250)

Bulldog4life
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Do you remember when he had his nose broken at
Windy Hill. I remember crying so much. I was such a young child and my big brother tried to comfort me, but to no avail. I thought he was one of the finest players in the sixties. It looks like we are similar vintage.

I've got a feeling that it was Don McKenzie that did it. He was a very aggressive player....well let's say dirty. The other thing about John Schultz is that he was one of those players who never played a bad game. Super consistent.

BulldogBelle
11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
l have met John a few times over the past few years.

A true Gentleman.

gohardorgohome
11-02-2010, 07:03 PM
My grandparents had a pet cockatoo called Schultzy.

LostDoggy
23-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Hello!! Can anyone please confirm the finishing time for this Sundays family Day? I thought it was 2pm but in the Bulldog magazine it says 1pm. Just trying to plan my day. Thanks!! :)

The Coon Dog
23-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Hello!! Can anyone please confirm the finishing time for this Sundays family Day? I thought it was 2pm but in the Bulldog magazine it says 1pm. Just trying to plan my day. Thanks!! :)

Be easier to ring 9680 6100, get it straight from the horses mouth.

aker39
23-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I thought I saw 2pm some where, but the website is saying 1pm.

LostDoggy
23-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Be easier to ring 9680 6100, get it straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks Coon Dog. Rang them & it's definately a 1pm finish. That buggers up my morning. After all, it is all about me!! ;)

Cyberdoggie
23-02-2010, 03:40 PM
l have met John a few times over the past few years.

A true Gentleman.

I think he still has the independant grocery store about 100m away from my parents house in Syndal/Glen Waverley.

When i was a teenager the local football team wore the footscray colours due to his influence on the area. I found this out after i started playing for another team in the same competition (Brentwood). We had the lovely colours of purple and green vertical stripes and hooped socks with black or white shorts. Would of much prefered the red white and blue. :(

GVGjr
23-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I think he still has the independant grocery store about 100m away from my parents house in Syndal/Glen Waverley.

When i was a teenager the local football team wore the footscray colours due to his influence on the area. I found this out after i started playing for another team in the same competition (Brentwood). We had the lovely colours of purple and green vertical stripes and hooped socks with black or white shorts. Would of much prefered the red white and blue. :(

There is still a Shultz named liquor store there but the grocery part of it finished years back.

Doc26
24-02-2010, 01:05 AM
After attending last year's Family Day couldn't help but feel the club was some way off harnessing the marketing potential that such an event could become in growing the Bulldog brand and its membership base.

Designed and marketed well I could see it becoming an annual celebration of the history of our great club whilst building on the anticipation of the upcoming season. We should draw more on our past greats and even Bulldog celebrities to play a part in the day. Would also like to see the players and match committee used in more creative and interactive ways that may lead to capturing the 'hearts and minds' of potential Bulldog members whilst continuing to nurture the diehards.

I would encourage the Marketing Department, who have been doing a wonderful job, to put forward a vision to grow the day into a Bulldog carnival that extends beyond standing in 50m queues with your kids to get their heroes next autograph.

With that said, and as one of the long suffering diehards, I will be there with my children again standing in line.

LostDoggy
24-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Well said. Look forward to seeing you on the day. I do hope the queues are not too long for the children this year.
________
PORTABLE VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizer.org/)

finger_lickin_picken42
27-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I love Family day :) although Im glad i dont have to go and get a pic with Barry Hall cant imagine what the lines are going to be like !

The Coon Dog
28-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow!!!!

It's just turned 10.00am & the queue to get into the ground extends all the way out to Barkly Street & almost all the way to the drill hall! Huge crowd!!

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Just drove over the bridge on old Geelong road, cant see the ground just a clutter of blue, white and red..West Footscray station is absolutely chockers!

Hope theres plenty of new members signing up out there! :D

The Coon Dog
28-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Was great to see quite a few WOOFERS there today. Still amazed at how many people turned up, queues were enormous for autographs & the Bulldogs Shop. Membership marquee had to get additional applications so hopefully it got a kick along from today.

Also wish to thank the volunteers who were there today helping out, some who had been there at 8am when it was bitterly cold.

One thing I was very happy with; the Mayor of the City of Maribyrnong wasn't there!

ledge
28-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah great day, Our pres thinks there was between 12 to 15 thousand.
The weather was kind to us with no rain, cant wait to see how much the membership has gone up.

comrade
28-02-2010, 03:22 PM
12-15K is a superb turn out. Glad to hear it was a good day - hopefully plenty of memberships and merchandise were sold to add to the club's coffers.

I'm guessing the queue to get Bazza's signature was lengthy.

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing the queue to get Bazza's signature was lengthy.

And I bet the #28 guernseys sold quick smart ;)

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 04:00 PM
http://Western Bulldogs Family Day 178.JPG
Wrong dog was Unleashed:D

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Damn Photo Failed. Ill get it up here somehow soon.
Great day at the Family day. I didn't know I had so many Relatives.

BulldogBelle
28-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Great day.

How about that crowd. The line to get in was HUGE.

Felt sorry for all those people lined up for signatures when the players were called away.

l was getting worried about the weather but it ended up not a bad day.

And hopefully some more members signed up.

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone. It was so good to meet so many of the woofers today. What a crowd. I shed a tear when I arrived and saw the huge crowd waiting to get in. We have more than superb footballers but a facility that is first class and there is more to come. As promsied I took the matter up with the executive about the telephone manners of the staff re memberships etc and will be pursuing this even more over the next few days.
The Mayor of Maribyrnong did come with his children, but it was the new Mayor.
As mentioned to many of you today, if I can help in any way please let me know. Thanks for your friendship.
________
Honda St Series (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_ST_series)

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Huge crowds at the Family Day, and queues for everything, we had to queue to get in the queue lol ;) But I was so pleased to see such a huge show of support. We have reached over 24,000 members and after today, I would think we would have signed up at least another 1000. Of that number over 4000 are new members, and we have 6000 kid members - which is the best news, as we lagged behind the other clubs in this area.

I think we will easily reach 32,-000 this year and perhaps get close to 35,000 but maybe I am getting carried away.

I met Susie and saw CoonDog there as well.

The pups_r_barking and I went to Footscray afterwards to get some Vietnamese and spoke to a couple of irate bulldog supporters who had missed out on getting Barry's autograph. The woman had shaved her head in appreciate of Barry - so they were disappointed. I suggested they hop along to a training practice and get the autographs then. They said they were die hards, but didn't seem to know much - like they thought they would have to pay to go and watch them train:eek:

aker39
28-02-2010, 05:08 PM
The pups_r_barking and I went to Footscray afterwards to get some Vietnamese and spoke to a couple of irate bulldog supporters who had missed out on getting Barry's autograph. The woman had shaved her head in appreciate of Barry - so they were disappointed. I suggested they hop along to a training practice and get the autographs then. They said they were die hards, but didn't seem to know much - like they thought they would have to pay to go and watch them train:eek:

The club has just sent an email with a 2 minute survey for people to complete with feedback from todays family day.

They have also apologised to fans that missed out on players signatures and suggested that people attend an open training session to obtain some signatures.

chef
28-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Jealous of everyone who went(especially my wife and son:().

ledge
28-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I like the idea of a survey, my ideas were a popular band to play and a tour of the facillities.

When I went to the percentage off sale the queue was huge and that day i wondered why they didnt offer a tour just to be friendly and maybe break up the crowd a bit.

Do people have any other ideas regarding the day?

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Huuuuuge turnout, as TCD says, Smorgo estimated 12-15K!! Another fun day at Whitten Oval. Some observations:
- This year, they had players lined up in two marquees, and you could see them all once you made it in. I thought this wasn't a bad idea, and made the wait worthwhile. I overheard Campbell Rose discussing the issues of people not getting a chance to see players, but no solution was reached

- All players bar Dale Morris were in attendance - according to Rocket, he had a family commitment (and is "under the thumb"!:) ).

- Queues were massive, as others have noted... it's good to know we are so popular!

- Got a pic with BAZZA, and from our brief meeting, he seems a nice bloke. Murph said "It's good to see you again"... HE REMEMBERED ME!!:) Also met The Beard, and got a pic... what a guy. Conversely, Andrejs Everitt to me appeared disinterested, yawning his way through the day. :( I know it's hard to smile all day, but a good bit of PR goes a long way. Lots of other friendly greetings though.

- Smorgo and Rocket both seemed keen to underplay Friday's win, going to pains to say how long the season is... as usual, David's speech was chock full of Bulldog passion... and it was funny hearing him implore non-members to "get off your arses!"... Rocket, in true footballer's fashion, took several digs at the boys, noting that several were "different" - a new catchphrase??... He noted that he'd given Shaun Higgins a bake at 1/2 time on Friday - anyone know the content?

All in all, a fun day at the Doggies home... bring on Port Adelaide!

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I like the idea of a survey, my ideas were a popular band to play and a tour of the facillities.

When I went to the percentage off sale the queue was huge and that day i wondered why they didnt offer a tour just to be friendly and maybe break up the crowd a bit.

Do people have any other ideas regarding the day?

I reckon the queues would just move indoors...12,000 people in the ELC :)

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Normally having o que to get in and for autographs etc would be annoying, but it made me feel great to see all the support we have now. Smorgo said 10 years ago there have been lucky to be a couple of hundred at this day, now 12 to 15 thousand, and I don't think that was any exaggeration. I felt disaapointed for those who who lined up for a long time and missed the autographs, but the players signed for a couple of hours non stop, there not a lot they could have done better.

chef
28-02-2010, 06:00 PM
My son liked your hair DaDruid.

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Normally having o que to get in and for autographs etc would be annoying, but it made me feel great to see all the support we have now. Smorgo said 10 years ago there have been lucky to be a couple of hundred at this day, now 12 to 15 thousand, and I don't think that was any exaggeration. I felt disaapointed for those who who lined up for a long time and missed the autographs, but the players signed for a couple of hours non stop, there not a lot they could have done better.

Agreed...

Max469
28-02-2010, 06:12 PM
The day was a great success.

TCD - as a volunteer for today, your thanks are appreciated.

Da Druid - thanks for my personal chant at the membership tent.

We were flat out in the membership tent the whole time - with lots of new members signing on board and plenty of renewals.

The only downside for me was someone removed (read stole) my handbag from the membership tent.

Thankfully it was returned (by Cam Rose and Sue Alberti) - unfortunately minus my IPOD nano.:mad:

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 06:15 PM
After having been to a quite a few family days, it was great to see such a big crowd - couldn't believe there was a long queue to get in, as we drove past it had almost reached the Gordon/Barkly intersection!!

Feel sorry for all the people who queued up for signatures and didn't get them, but I suppose it's a good thing, isn't it, 'cause it means we're actually getting REALLY popular. Still amazed that the social club has sold out, and that gold reserved seating has too. Great to see this club getting swamped with fans - hopefully they're not just bandwagoners, but stick around.

Had a good time today - the wife and I were there, with our white Maltese dog, Chloe. Thought there would be more people with their dogs, but Chloe had a ball - so much to sniff (and poop on!), and lots of friendly people giving her rubs and pats!!

On a negative note, the family day seemed a little of a waste - still got the same stuff that's been there for a few years: a few marquees, mostly government things, some food, and the marquees with the players. There is so much scope to do other things - I suppose now that we're getting a big crowd, perhaps the club can take the family day beyond the cheesy, small club mentality, and ramp it up a notch or two? Maybe get companies from the West involved, and make it kind of like the Show (you know, the Great Tent with all those companies showing off their wares).

Glad the weather improved, and the forecast rain stayed away :-)

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Sounds like the family day had more attendees than the Roos/Freo game on right now!

Enjoying the stories, looking fwd to the reports.

ledge
28-02-2010, 06:40 PM
This is my daughter with the great man.

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Here's a link to some pics from the day. Hope it works!

http://pbckt.com/sS.Row

ledge
28-02-2010, 06:59 PM
thanks Andrew worked ok.

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Aker's baby is already photo savvy:)

The Coon Dog
28-02-2010, 07:08 PM
The only downside for me was someone removed (read stole) my handbag from the membership tent.

Thankfully it was returned (by Cam Rose and Sue Alberti) - unfortunately minus my IPOD nano.:mad:
Max, that really annoys me, infact it disgusts me to be honest.

I doubt the culprit would be found but if they did, I reckon the person should have their membership taken off them & be banned for life.

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Aker's baby is already photo savvy:)

Haha... yeah, was good to catch a glimpse of a few arriving... saw Boyd, Coon, Minno, Liam Jones, Murph and Aker...

Funny story, two fans behind were VERY excited, and when Aker pulled into the carpark, made a beeline for him, as did quite a few. Woman made a point of mentioning how Aker was OK, but that she was annoyed his wife didn't want to be photographed!? Can't blame her, to be honest, he's the public face, not her. Lady also questioned why Aker's wife and kids were there, to which I couldn't resist responding "Well, it is a Family Day, and they're his family!"

Max469
28-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Max, that really annoys me, infact it disgusts me to be honest.

I doubt the culprit would be found but if they did, I reckon the person should have their membership taken off them & be banned for life.

Thanks TCD, it disgusts me too. Cam said someone witnessed it or something along those lines. I was in too much shock to register what was being said.

At that time I didn't even know the bag was missing (no not stupid - just very busy selling memberships).

Lucky I did not have my purse in the bag or mobile as they were in my pockets, but my camera was and they never touched that. :confused:

I didn't realise the Ipod was missing until I was half way home on the train, until I decided to listen to some music on the way.

Nothing can be done, just leaves a sour taste in my mouth that it happened at one of our functions, when I was volunteering my time.

As usual. Senior Const. Craig Spicer was on hand, this time with his able assistant - Peter Street.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Andrew you did well to get shots with both Hall and Hudson. I used your photo of Whittens statue as background on my desktop. Thanks.

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Andrew you did well to get shots with both Hall and Hudson. I used your photo of Whittens statue as background on my desktop. Thanks.

No worries at all, glad to know one of my pics is on someone else's desktop! :)
Straight after I got in, I went to line up at the marquee Bazza was in, and waited probably 25 mins to get in. He was on the end, making a pic a bit easier, and was most obliging! Huddo I caught up with after the player intro, when he was out on the ground signing for people. Only had to wait a few minutes for that, which was nice...

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 07:47 PM
We did get a description of the thief who took the handbag and then dumped it in between two marquees. A quick thinking fan told us about it and it was immediately reported to the Police. It was not until the Police found your Licence that we were alerted to the owner of the bag. The police you mentioned have the information if you wish to proceed any further. It was a very low act to someone who was working so hard for our Club. Thanks for your wonderful assistance today.
________
List Of Engines (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/List_of_BMW_engines)

Max469
28-02-2010, 07:50 PM
We did get a description of the thief who took the handbag and then dumped it in between two marquees. A quick thinking fan told us about it and it was immediately reported to the Police. It was not until the Police found your Licence that we were alerted to the owner of the bag. The police you mentioned have the information if you wish to proceed any further. It was a very low act to someone who was working so hard for our Club. Thanks for your wonderful assistance today.

Thank you.

I will talk to Craig over the next couple of days and see what he recommends.

Thanks again. And most definitely to the witness.

Just as well I thought to take my licence today.

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 08:11 PM
It was probably some junkie who came in looking to steal something.

On another note I arrived quite late unfortunantly, but it was still packed out and few players wondering the ground I got to get autographs from and photos. (Josh hill, Hudson and Murphy )

ronmcd
28-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Andrew, thanks again for your link to the great shots of Family Day - Much appreciated from your interstate comrades. Excellent shots with the Beard and Bazza!! Couldn't agree more with your comments about Aker and bringing his family along too. Well Done

EasternWest
28-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Me and The Beard.

Classic. Ben has become an accessory to his facial hair.

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Me and The Beard.

Classic. Ben has become an accessory to his facial hair.

Haha.. yes, I think it could make it as a TV Show... "BJ and the Bear", "Me and The Beard"....

boydogs
28-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Nice pics AP6

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-02-2010, 09:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that Max469, that is a despicable act, a very very low act.

Max469
28-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that Max469, that is a despicable act, a very very low act.

Thanks

LostDoggy
28-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Funny story, two fans behind were VERY excited, and when Aker pulled into the carpark, made a beeline for him, as did quite a few. Woman made a point of mentioning how Aker was OK, but that she was annoyed his wife didn't want to be photographed!? Can't blame her, to be honest, he's the public face, not her. Lady also questioned why Aker's wife and kids were there, to which I couldn't resist responding "Well, it is a Family Day, and they're his family!"

People like that are frustrating and delusional. She obviously doesn't get that players DO have private lives outside football, its none of her business who he brings and should respect their privacy if they don't want to be photographed, not whine about it. Enjoyed scrolling through your pics too ;)

Max469: Shame to hear about the lowlife, glad you got it back but bumma bout the ipod :(

AndrewP6
28-02-2010, 09:38 PM
People like that are frustrating and delusional. She obviously doesn't get that players DO have private lives outside football, its none of her business who he brings and should respect their privacy if they don't want to be photographed, not whine about it. Enjoyed scrolling through your pics too ;)

Max469: Shame to hear about the lowlife, glad you got it back but bumma bout the ipod :(

Agree on this... Aker was not that thrilled, I don't think... poor fella just trying to get the kids out of the car and gets mobbed, then accosted! As a sidenote, the woman in question made it to Channel Nine news tonight, couldn't believe my eyes...

jazzadogs
28-02-2010, 09:42 PM
What wonderful news, to hear that we had so many people at our family day! It seems that we really are gaining a lot of support at the moment, and I really hope that this continue into the next few years (when we are inevitably at the bottom of the AFL cycle).

I have a lot of respect for the general attitude of our players (and most players from other sides), and I really dislike it when people talk them down, or make comments like the ones about Aker's family. When possible, they do a lot more than is actually required of them. They understand that their role as AFL footballer is to sign the autographs and smile for the photos, not just to play footy.

Perhaps even better than the crowd is the reports from the membership marquee...busy busy busy.

Max469
28-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Thanks Alexxx

NoName
28-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Excellent turn up today, it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at a family day before.

Remi Moses
01-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Very enjoyable day getting better with the organisation of the day. They need more autograph tents obviously. Third point the person who stole the I-POD You are a complete turd!

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
The person who had their IPod stolen would you please contact Cam Rose at the Club. I have arranged for it to be replaced with a new one. Thanks so much for all your hard work in the membership marquee yesterday. It is very much appreciated.
________
DL1000 V-STROM (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_DL1000_V-Strom)

The Coon Dog
01-03-2010, 08:59 AM
The person who had their IPod stolen would you please contact Cam Rose at the Club. I have arranged for it to be replaced with a new one. Thanks so much for all your hard work in the membership marquee yesterday. It is very much appreciated.

susie, you are truly a wonderful lady!

chef
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
susie, you are truly a wonderful lady!

I second that:)

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 10:07 AM
This club cares about it's members - well done Susie, Cam and the club.

cinder
01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Bummer I didn't get to go, came down with the flu!! Next year I guess. The (not so new) addition to our family means I can legitimately attend 'family day' now :)
I am glad they are going to replace the iPod, shame that sort of thing happened.

AndrewP6
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM

My Ferrari was stolen too....KIDDING! :)

Seriously, top work Susie, glad this story has a happy ending! :)

comrade
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
On a negative note, the family day seemed a little of a waste - still got the same stuff that's been there for a few years: a few marquees, mostly government things, some food, and the marquees with the players. There is so much scope to do other things - I suppose now that we're getting a big crowd, perhaps the club can take the family day beyond the cheesy, small club mentality, and ramp it up a notch or two? Maybe get companies from the West involved, and make it kind of like the Show (you know, the Great Tent with all those companies showing off their wares).

Apparently the Hawthorn family day had a sponsor tent featuring players playing Wii Tennis against young supporters. That would have gone down well with those who might have missed out on big Bazza's autograph.

wend1604
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM

What a wonderful gesture by Susie and the club. Well done! I am proud to be a member and supporter of a club that truly appreciates and looks after its members.

I don't think I've ever seen such a big crowd at a Family Day as what I did yesterday. What a fantastic result, especially with the increase in membership sales. Not only that, it seems members are also upgrading to reserved seating and social club with the latter already sold out. That means an increase in revenue from existing members, and not just new ones.

I am trying to post a link to share some photos that I took yesterday. I only hope it works as it's my first time using this. Many thanks to DaDruid for the photo tip.

http://pbckt.com/sZ.KTz

Cheers :)

LongWait
01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
wend1604:

Photos worked a treat on photobucket - thanks.

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
http://pbckt.com/sZ.KTz

Some good pics there, thanks for sharing. Few of the boys didn't look too happy though..shaggy/missy in particular, im sure they were still friendly in person. Of course Johnno has a grin from cheek to cheek, hardly ever see that bloke unhappy.

hujsh
01-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Cordy was very friendly at my school btw. Boumann not so much but still pretty good.

comrade
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Cordy was very friendly at my school btw. Boumann not so much but still pretty good.

Did you ask him if he's a chance to play this week?

hujsh
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Did you ask him if he's a chance to play this week?

It was Friday and I wasn't too sure what he had done to get dropped at that stage so I didn't want to annoy him with questions that had he may not be allowed to go into.

The Underdog
01-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Apparently the Hawthorn family day had a sponsor tent featuring players playing Wii Tennis against young supporters. That would have gone down well with those who might have missed out on big Bazza's autograph.

Is there Wii boxing the kids could have played against Bazza?

AndrewP6
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Andrew, thanks again for your link to the great shots of Family Day - Much appreciated from your interstate comrades. Excellent shots with the Beard and Bazza!! Couldn't agree more with your comments about Aker and bringing his family along too. Well Done

Thanks for the kind words ronmcd ... and others who've commented on the pics I took. Very nice of you...

Go Dogs!

Max469
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Thanks Susie, Rachel rang me this afternoon.

I was taken back when Rachel called and I am sure that by now that you would have been told, that I originally knocked back the offer of a replacement. I felt our membership was in more need of the money.

But I was told of the people who also contacted the club regarding this matter and the club would like me to take it.

To cut it short, I am picking up the replacement on Friday before the game.

I am embarrassed that yourself and others have gone out of your way to make me feel better and arranging the replacement.

I can't say thank you enough.

No thanks are necessary for being in the membership tent. I love my volunteer involvement with the club and have been doing it for a few years now.

Thank you so very much again, your kindness astounds me.

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
good morning I am so pleased you will receive the replacement on Friday. I have said this before and will continue to do so, every WB member is important to our Club. Each time I looked in your marquee you were absolutely "flat out". I wish I could say we were experiencing the same in our WB Forever Foundation marquee. Never mind, we did receive donations and orders for the upcoming book. Once again, thanks so very much for all your hard work and to all of the volunteers who worked so hard at the Family Day. THANK YOU
________
400gt (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_400GT)

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I too, have been lucky to have Susie look into things when things were not pleasant.and she is like a politician with a perk, she won't let go. Who needs a knight in shining armor when we have Susie! You go, girl!!

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys it is my absolute honour and pleasure to help when I can. Sue Alberti will again be appearing on the repeat program of Talking Heads on channel 2 at 1.30p.m. tomorrow (Wed) when she will discuss her life and affection for the Western Bulldogs and what makes her tick. The program was originally aired in July 2009.
________
INTERRACIAL FRENCH (http://www.****tube.com/categories/704/french/videos/1)

bornadog
02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys it is my absolute honour and pleasure to help when I can. Sue Alberti will again be appearing on the repeat program of Talking Heads on channel 2 at 1.30p.m. tomorrow (Wed) when she will discuss her life and affection for the Western Bulldogs and what makes her tick. The program was originally aired in July 2009.

I enjoyed that programme last year and recommend to every one to watch it.

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I enjoyed that programme last year and recommend to every one to watch it.
I also recommend anyone to watch, I cried with and was inspired by Sue watching this program.
When it was on orginally it was on ABC2 the next day, I recorded it and shared with my family and friends, they all felt the same as me about Sue.

BulldogBelle
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I also recommend anyone to watch, I cried with and was inspired by Sue watching this program.
When it was on orginally it was on ABC2 the next day, I recorded it and shared with my family and friends, they all felt the same as me about Sue.

Thanks for that.

Have set the Hard Drive to record it!

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Agree on this... Aker was not that thrilled, I don't think... poor fella just trying to get the kids out of the car and gets mobbed, then accosted!

The funny thing is of course that the players go to this place every day without getting mobbed. I used to park right behind Aker, arriving around the same time, when I used to catch the train on occasion from West Footscray station, and there would be hardly any other person in sight and we would exchange a friendly 'hello' or two.

I still can't believe how many people turned up to this thing. I remember going to a Family Day in the dark (read: Rhode) days and there couldn't have been more than 50 people there. Used to walk right up to Johnno, Smithy, Darc, Gilbs etc. and get photos, autographs, everything. Attendances have been a lot better these last couple of years, but nothing like this year.

Something is in the air -- two prelims in a row, the deepest squad in the league, the addition of Bazza, more media hype than usual -- it's all adding up to a lot of noise. I hope all this attention creates momentum for a 'destiny' type push and not end up becoming an anchor weighing the team down.

Chicago1
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Loved the pics Andrew and wend. With your permission, Andrew, I'd like to use the pic of Woofer as my avatar on an Aussie ex-pat site. OK?

Sounds like a great day. I remember back in the old days only a few hundred of us showing up some years. Glad to see the stolen iPod replaced by the club. Classy.

I can hardly believe that I'll be in Melbourne three weeks from today. I can't wait to get over to the Whitten Oval. "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." :D

AndrewP6
02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Loved the pics Andrew and wend. With your permission, Andrew, I'd like to use the pic of Woofer as my avatar on an Aussie ex-pat site. OK?

Sure, go for it. Glad you liked the pics...

EasternWest
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM

ahhh I love this club

choconmientay
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM

For anyone who are impatience (like me :)), here is the online videos:

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/vodcast/talkingheads_2009_susan_alberti.wmv
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/vodcast/talkingheads_2009_susan_alberti.mp4

and transcripts:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/txt/s2611367.htm

wend1604
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Some good pics there, thanks for sharing. Few of the boys didn't look too happy though..shaggy/missy in particular, im sure they were still friendly in person. Of course Johnno has a grin from cheek to cheek, hardly ever see that bloke unhappy.

Like Andrew P6, I too would like to thank fellow woofers for their kind words on my pics. It inspires me to keep going!

Alexxx, perhaps some of the boys looked sad because nobody was asking for their autograph at the time ( Of course, this relates to those pics taken while the boys were in the marquee) ;)

It's also good to know that the club does listen to its members with Susie happy to help sort out membership issues. I received a call today from the club advising that my member's polo top is now ready to be collected even though I was sure I didn't request this option when I renewed my membership. The extra charge has been debited to my credit card but I never got around to querying it. I received an email some weeks ago advising the delivery of the polo top was delayed. I decided that it is only a few extra dollars a month on the credit card and that the club could do with the extra money.

ledge
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Funny you mention this Wend1604, i joined up early and didnt get my pen or key ring, wasnt really bothered but today i got a letter saying the club had missed a few and i would recieve mine shortly.

Obviously the club is checking things are done right with supporters even if there is no query.

Remi Moses
02-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Good form by the club getting that I Pod replaced. I went to the 96 family day and David Smorgon was right there was lucky if there was 100 people there. It was a ''call to arms'' if anything in October when the club had the name change and was going through difficult times [those were the days:p]

BulldogBelle
02-03-2010, 11:08 PM
For anyone who are impatience (like me :)), here is the online videos:

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/vodcast/talkingheads_2009_susan_alberti.wmv
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/vodcast/talkingheads_2009_susan_alberti.mp4

and transcripts:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/txt/s2611367.htm

Thanks.

l could not wait so l have just downloaded and watched.

What an unbeliveable women. It brought a tear to my eye.

A MUST watch.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Got a phone call from the club yesterday, following up on the Family Day e-mail survey that I filled out. Answered my query and thanked me for participating in the survey. Left me feeling like a valued member of an extended family. :D

P.S. Does Jarrod from the Football Dept ever sleep? ;)

choconmientay
03-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks.

l could not wait so l have just downloaded and watched.

What an unbeliveable women. It brought a tear to my eye.

A MUST watch.

Same here. I watched the video with my wife and we couldn't hold back our tears. What a strong woman. The club is really lucky to have her support. We have a lot of respects for her and will draw a lot of inspirations from her life's story.

choconmientay
03-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Got a phone call from the club yesterday, following up on the Family Day e-mail survey that I filled out. Answered my query and thanked me for participating in the survey. Left me feeling like a valued member of an extended family. :D

P.S. Does Jarrod from the Football Dept ever sleep? ;)

:) How comes I didn't get any calls from the Club. I did submit my survey and inputs some ideas for the next Family days. I guess i need to have a colorful tomahawk to get noticed "KIDDING"

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
would you like a call from the Club? Anything is possible at the WB. We are on a "roll"
________
Land rover series history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Land_Rover_Series)

choconmientay
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
would you like a call from the Club? Anything is possible at the WB. We are on a "roll"

Thanks Susie. I was just kidding. Don't waste time with me. I am shy and fine :)

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I knew you were joking, but I could not resist the temptation to tease you. If you do have any problems with membership, then please let me know
________
ASIAN ASS (http://www.****tube.com/categories/113/ass/videos/1)

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
:) How comes I didn't get any calls from the Club. I did submit my survey and inputs some ideas for the next Family days. I guess i need to have a colorful tomahawk to get noticed "KIDDING"

I did actually have a query about an upcoming event and marked my survey as such. And I agree with Susie, we are on a roll!!

ronmcd
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the family day pics Wend1604. Whilst it's always great to read about these events on WOOF, photo's are a real bonus!!