PDA

View Full Version : Training Resumes Mon 4 Jan

Pages : 1 [2]

divvydan
10-02-2010, 05:44 PM
The midfield group under Cameron's watchful eye worked on centre square clearances. Cooney copped one low during one of the drills and was out of action for a couple of minutes. Giansiracusa looked particularly sharp.

Thanks for the report GVGjr. On this particular part, do you happen to know if Higgins was also part of the group that worked on centre square clearances?

GVGjr
10-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the report GVGjr. On this particular part, do you happen to know if Higgins was also part of the group that worked on centre square clearances?

There was two groups working and he wasn't in the one closest to me. I think he was in the the 2nd group. I'm confident he did some midfield work along with a couple of forward drills.

Sockeye Salmon
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Johnno has a tendancy to get too close to the man on the mark - he is forced to kick the ball on a higher trajectory which effects the accuracy. His two shots close to/after the siren have both been effected by the same thing. This would seem to be a reasonable link to why.

If you get too close to the man on the mark you will tend to pull it left.

Kicking a set shot high is actually a pretty good way off kicking it straight unless there's some wind about. Aker always kicks it very high whenever he has a set shot.