PDA

View Full Version : H.sun supercoach

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sockeye Salmon
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Was able to afford Judd, although I hope he doesn't start burning right away.

I went for Judd as well, using the theory that whoever I pick always turns into an instant gumby.

mighty_west
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Just curious, who did other trade Barlow out for?

I wanted Montagna, but was $300 short & running out of trades I went with Jude Bolton.

Dane Swan.

ledge
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Judd

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Barlow out - Chapman in.

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Already have Judd, so I went for Montagna.

Same here....

The Bulldogs Bite
09-07-2010, 05:58 PM
For the first time I am thinking of swapping this captaincy this week from GAjr to Goddard - I reckon if I do it Ablett will have a blinder.

My thoughts exactly.

I made the switch for the first time too, so I should probably head to the TAB for Ablett to have 40 possessions and four goals. ;)

Just curious, who did other trade Barlow out for?

I wanted Montagna, but was $300 short & running out of trades I went with Jude Bolton.

I went for Montagna but I was close to picking Cross. Montagna will score better when he plays well but Cross is probably a little more consistent week to week. Already had Judd and apart from Goddard, I don't have any Saints players.

I hope Cooney and Wells pick up their form. Both are letting me down, particularly Coons!

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Im still pondering with 1hr 40mins to lockout..

Got the pick of the litter, Barlow + Anyone and have a spare $100k+ left over..

I don't have Goddard so Im leaning towards him. He is at a premium cost but is consistant. Don't have Ablett but he is rock bottom lowest he will get but risky?

Montagna is another option..already have Dal Santo in the midfield though.

Edit: Just went Goddard, would of regretted it otherwise.

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Already had what i think are the 5 best midfielders.. Ablett Swan Montagna Dal Santo Judd

Narrowed it down to Boyd Selwood or Pendlebury for Barlow..

Went for Pendles just for someone different!

Mantis
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I made the captain change... Ablett only 79 so I feel vindicated.

But Goodard is out with flu... F**K!!!

The Bulldogs Bite
10-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I made the captain change... Ablett only 79 so I feel vindicated.

But Goodard is out with flu... F**K!!!

Same.

Pretty sure I am now one short, too.

FFS.

LostDoggy
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Haven't had the availability of the internet for the past 3 weeks, so haven't been able to take control of my supercoach team & also post on the forum.

Traded out Barlow this week for Dal Santo, who hasn't had a great first quarter. Got Rockliff in to replace Steve Johnson, started off well with 43 after the first.

Kept Pendlebury as captain & he pulled a score of 124, which i was pleased about.

LostDoggy
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Scored 2305 this week.

G-Mo77
11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
2134. Meh, been getting around the 2000 - 2200 all season and can't seem to get any better than that.

aker39
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
2288 and on top of the ladder. Not a bad result with Goddard pulling out and leaving me one short in the backline. Lucky that Selwood was my VC and scored 144 points.

Mantis
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Struggle town for me too scoring just over 2100.

No Goodard (was my capatin's choice and GAjr only got 79 as VC), Griffiths getting injured and only scoring 7 and Enright having a quiet one didn't help.

Will be able to make 4 changes to the forwrdline next week (as long as Brown & Fyfe return) which should help.

Mofra
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Made Goddard Captain, Ablett VC. Shocker

Sockeye Salmon
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
2238 which was enough to beat the top team. Goddard hurt as I had no replacement and they had Silvagni on the bench. Ablett as captain hurt but Adam Goodes finally paid back some of the points he owes me.

Henderson off the bench to replace Hurn the last two weeks has repaid the faith with 86 & 136!

stefoid
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Made Goddard Captain, Ablett VC. Shocker

Ditto, and had my emergencies elsewhere.

G-Mo77
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I was pretty lucky with Goddard. I had him in my midfield with no back up but I did hear a whisper that he may miss so moved him to the backline were I did have backup. Nason's 15 wasn't much help but it's better than nothing. :o

Go_Dogs
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, a 15 from Nason and 7 from Griffiths didn't help me much, especially when Silvagni was my alternative bench player who I didn't select as emergency!

My first score under 2000 this week, bringing my average to just below 2200.

GVGjr
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, a 15 from Nason and 7 from Griffiths didn't help me much, especially when Silvagni was my alternative bench player who I didn't select as emergency!

My first score under 2000 this week, bringing my average to just below 2200.

My average is just under 2100 but with 8 trades left and $150,000 in the kitty I'm confident that I can improve on the average. Have been mindful to maintain some trades.

boydogs
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice job GoHardOrGoHome on knocking off Doc26 (Barnstoneworth Utd). I couldn't beat him, yet somehow I have now taken his top spot away :D

2294 this week, starting to get some players back after only having 21 starters in rounds 13 & 14. Sitting 439th and hoping to keep moving up as others who have burnt their trades struggle

Doc26
13-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice job GoHardOrGoHome on knocking off Doc26 (Barnstoneworth Utd). I couldn't beat him, yet somehow I have now taken his top spot away :D

2294 this week, starting to get some players back after only having 21 starters in rounds 13 & 14. Sitting 439th and hoping to keep moving up as others who have burnt their trades struggle

Yes well done GoHardOrGoHome.

Hopefully my squad can pull out of a mid season form slump. Trying to cover injuries / suspensions to Waite, Hurn, JBrown and BJ last week proved too much. Ooh and another rule to self, never Drink and Trade.

G-Mo77
23-07-2010, 11:35 PM
SIGH!!!!

I'm just not having a good year at this.

Montagna and Gilbert just over 90 points between them. I really should dump my 4 Bulldogs players be cause I'm the opposite of Midas this year. :o

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Another stellar score from Hodge, why haven't I got him as captain dammit! Hope Chappy can rack up 120+

mighty_west
24-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Another stellar score from Hodge, why haven't I got him as captain dammit! Hope Chappy can rack up 120+

I went with Hodge as captain that game he had a shocker, went back to GAblett, his last month has been shocking, you watch, i went with Swan this week, Gazza will have a day out!!!!

At least i have a full playing team this week, Roughead out & Moles in left me short a ruckman last week, this week i have 3 playing ruckmen with McEvoy playing as well.

Some weeks you have too many players to choose from to have in your starting 22, and other weeks you can be left short a player or 2, especially now that my trades are all DONE. :D

G-Mo77
24-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Very happy with my captain choice this week. Selwood 179 but as always my opponent did something better and had Swan as his captain 190. :(

cinder
24-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I had Swan! :)
But I needed it, have been losing badly in previous weeks!

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Very happy with my captain choice this week. Selwood 179 but as always my opponent did something better and had Swan as his captain 190. :(

:( Same for me I thought I was home till I checked his captain. I took it of Swanny and gave it to Selwood.

Go_Dogs
29-07-2010, 01:30 PM
So, final round of the season coming up for the League matches.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6114/woofladder.jpg

I'm currently sitting 7th, and have my spot in the finals all locked away...barring a disaster of some kind. I must say, I was surprised to see you sitting above me TCD, given your negativity surrounding your SC performance this season!

Still got a few trades up the sleeve, but my overall ranking has dropped quite a bit over the past couple of weeks, from sitting inside the top 10,000 to just sitting inside the top 20,000.

Ohwell... I'm considering bringing Easton Wood in this week as his average looks like it'll start to rise, and he could be a unique 7th defender.

How's everyone else looking?

The Coon Dog
29-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm currently sitting 7th, and have my spot in the finals all locked away...barring a disaster of some kind. I must say, I was surprised to see you sitting above me TCD, given your negativity surrounding your SC performance this season!

I've been lucky a few times & pinched games when others were worse than me. Just fortunate to have been paired against those on those weeks.

Go_Dogs
29-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I've been lucky a few times & pinched games when others were worse than me. Just fortunate to have been paired against those on those weeks.

No need to be humble, you had obviously thought through your season to perfection! ;)

AndrewP6
29-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Make no mistake, I'm shit at SC. Most weeks I forget about it, and have some players in the side who aren't playing. That said, I'm amazed I've actually won some games.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I did bring Wood in this week. Nason made way.

Mantis
30-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Midfield trade time:

One of Judd, Montagna, Boyd or Dal Santo - who do I go?

I already have Cooney & Griffen so I don't want to be too reliant on Dogs players, but this week is the key, I need a big score.

G-Mo77
30-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Midfield trade time:

One of Judd, Montagna, Boyd or Dal Santo - who do I go?

I already have Cooney & Griffen so I don't want to be too reliant on Dogs players, but this week is the key, I need a big score.

Judd or Boyd. I know they're rumors but they've been hinting about resting Saints players for a while now. I'm keeping everything crossed for tonight and Joey isn't a late scratching. I'm out of contention in the Doggies league but I'm playing for a spot in the 8 in another.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Judd or Boyd. I know they're rumors but they've been hinting about resting Saints players for a while now.

I know who I'd go for and it's neither of those two (had to make the same choice in the middle rounds), but then again I went for a MPP flexibility strategy so that I could go hard with trades earlier and capitalise on some underpriced premiums so I probably don't have the strongest possible mid-6 (they still pulled out 1000 points between them last week despite one of them only getting a 49).

Basically, if you look at the respective players' teams' run home, you will have your answer, and since Mantis's question is only for this week, just look at the teamsheets.

I'm swearing off talking about Supercoach forthwith as I don't want to jinx the run home. Fingers crossed, wood touching, all that.

Mantis
30-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Basically, if you look at the respective players' teams' run home, you will have your answer, and since Mantis's question is only for this week, just look at the teamsheets.

I went for Dal Santo.... will possibly draw a tag from Howlett, but he should be good for a reasonable score.

G-Mo77
30-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I know who I'd go for and it's neither of those two (had to make the same choice in the middle rounds), but then again I went for a MPP flexibility strategy so that I could go hard with trades earlier and capitalise on some underpriced premiums so I probably don't have the strongest possible mid-6 (they still pulled out 1000 points between them last week despite one of them only getting a 49).

I'm swearing off talking about Supercoach forthwith as I don't want to jinx the run home. Fingers crossed, wood touching, all that.

I had a choice of those players a few weeks ago and went with Montagna. The Saints run home got him over the line against someone like Judd. It's just the the resting players thing has me concerned and being an owner of Montagna I'm sure it will happen just to put the nail in my miserable SC coffin for 2010.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Speaking of Juddy, and since it's not really a Supercoach issue I'll say it: anyone still questioning the call I made at the start of the season that Swan was a better CURRENT player? No doubt historically Juddy will be remembered as one of the greats, but last season + this season, I just don't see how anyone can even reasonably compare the two. Juddy is a standout in a mediocre team, Swan is the uber-consistent week-in week-out, contest after contest go-to man in a premiership contender.

They'll also go head-to-head at some point this weekend, which will be pretty cool.

Throughandthrough
30-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Just swapped Maguire and Podsiadly for Easton Wood and Nick Riweoldt.

Go_Dogs
01-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Looks like I've just stolen a 1 point win over you, lucky I took a punt and brought in Fev this week, whose 1 point contribution ended up being the difference. :o

Drunken Bum
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Thank god Browny has come good again and repayed the faith. Is a shame i had to trade Rockliffe for Riewoldt as i was just short of being able to trade Pods for him.

The Coon Dog
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank god Browny has come good again and repayed the faith. Is a shame i had to trade Rockliffe for Riewoldt as i was just short of being able to trade Pods for him.

I traded out Brown this week for Reiwoldt. :mad:

Drunken Bum
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I traded out Brown this week for Reiwoldt. :mad:

Given a choice between the two i would def prefer Reiwoldt so is not all bad, what were your other options to trade out for him?

Drunken Bum
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank god Browny has come good again and repayed the faith.
i should know better than making comments like this, put the mozz on him good and proper

Sockeye Salmon
07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Sandilands, Higgins, Rioli, Hurn and Waters all out for my first final.

Go_Dogs
08-08-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm going to be fielding 22 - somehow! (Unless a late withdrawal somewhere)

Swapped Rioli for Riewoldt and Pods for Harvey, the latter coming good already with Harvey scoring 144 and Pods 22.

GVGjr
08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Sandilands, Higgins, Rioli, Hurn and Waters all out for my first final.

Could trades and emergencies have covered most of these outs?

Sockeye Salmon
08-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Could trades and emergencies have covered most of these outs?

I have Schmitt on my bench to cover Hurn or Waters (not both) and Warnock to cover Sandilands.

I'm down to one trade left.

GVGjr
08-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I have Schmitt on my bench to cover Hurn or Waters (not both) and Warnock to cover Sandilands.

I'm down to one trade left.

I have had a couple of guys out but were able to cover them with emergencies. Might have a bit of luck because my emergency Hurley scored 110 which is a reasonable swap for Murphy if he is out.

Bloody Saints though racking up a heap of possessions against Port will probably kill me though.

Sockeye Salmon
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Easily my worst score of the season but I mangaed to get up by 22 pts.

LostDoggy
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Minor premier in both comps I'm playing in (The Doggies League and WOOF 4) and week one of finals negotiated safely (albeit right down to the wire and thanks to some brilliant individual performances, as befits a final). One week at a time, as they say. One week at a time.

I'm still crossing everything and touching all wood in sight.

DOG GOD
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Congrats on the minor premier in the doggies league Lantern, but it ain't over til the fat lady starts puffing :)

LostDoggy
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the minor premier in the doggies league Lantern, but it ain't over til the fat lady starts puffing :)

Haha.. oh, I know. Believe me, I know. The real business has only just started. I'm just glad the chance of a minor premier straights sets exit a la Port in the early 2000s is behind me now, but I don't even want to write on this thread in fear of jinxing anything.

Out of here!

DOG GOD
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Haha.. oh, I know. Believe me, I know. The real business has only just started. I'm just glad the chance of a minor premier straights sets exit a la Port in the early 2000s is behind me now, but I don't even want to write on this thread in fear of jinxing anything.

Out of here!

Haha :)

Throughandthrough
10-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I am the Western Bulldogs of super coach

Finished 3rd in all 3 comps, lost first week (with lowest score of the year)

Did the same last year!

But last year i actually bounced back to win one of the comps....

(still have 3 trades left, and good benches)

boydogs
10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I finished top in the 453881 WOOF league, but was lucky to scrape through to a prelim with a 2027. 3rd and 6th both scored more, and I have to play the winner of those two in a fortnight

Doc26
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I finished top in the 453881 WOOF league, but was lucky to scrape through to a prelim with a 2027. 3rd and 6th both scored more, and I have to play the winner of those two in a fortnight

My so called considered trade last week was to bolster my defence bringing in James Kelly. Surely a good bet with his last 6 rounds of 151, 109, 113, 109, 130, 130. So what does James do against the Pies, racks up 7 clangers and a pultry 4 kicks for a total of 37 points. Hopefully Kells. comes good again in 2 weeks (not this week). Anyway, all the best in your prelim encounter in 2 weeks 'gogriff', has been a hotly contested season.

boydogs
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Anyway, all the best in your prelim encounter in 2 weeks 'gogriff', has been a hotly contested season.

Cheers, that it has. Hope to meet you in the GF.
It's going to come down to one or two tough calls that will make the difference IMO. I had Browny on the bench and Pods on the field last week, swap them over and I would have had top score for the round

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Got 2,207 this week, that's with only 21 players available.

AndrewP6
17-08-2010, 12:03 AM
As I've mentioned, I'm absolutely shocking at SC, but was rather amused to see that Mumford got 175 this week. With the Dogs players getting pretty ordinary scores (Morris aside), Mumford's score was, to paraphrase Rocket, "pleasing"...

DOG GOD
17-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Ive made it to the prelim of the doggies league and will now face my brother to get a grand final birth. The only problem is that i am in 3 leagues and play him in all 3, so it looks like it will be 3 grand finals or squat :)

Mantis
17-08-2010, 10:33 AM
So I am the lucky one who has to take down the might of Lantern.

I am preparing to go to war!!

cinder
18-08-2010, 07:28 AM
I got knocked out of SC last weekend but play in the pre-lim in the DT. Unfortunately I am going away tomorrow and will have to lock in my team before teams are released! ARGH!

LostDoggy
18-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I finished 13th and 14th in my leagues, but have won all the finals so far in both leagues. My streak will be ending this week though, I'm afraid.

Sedat
18-08-2010, 02:21 PM
As I've mentioned, I'm absolutely shocking at SC, but was rather amused to see that Mumford got 175 this week.
Mummy's awesome performance got me into the semis. My ruckmen have stunk it up all season but the trade for Mummy a few weeks ago was just what the doctor ordered.

Reckon I'm stuffed this week because I have no less that 12 Dogs and Swans players in my line-up - wasn't intended but just a quirk of fate. With both teams playing each other, half those will score poorly this week you'd imagine.

Sockeye Salmon
19-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I have Higgins, Sandi and Pav missing so far.

anfo27
20-08-2010, 06:44 PM

I've got you this week in the prelim gogriff and am praying of a repeat result from our round 17 encounter. I had a look at your ranking and its very impressive, is this your best season in supercoach?

boydogs
20-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I've got you this week in the prelim gogriff and am praying of a repeat result from our round 17 encounter. I had a look at your ranking and its very impressive, is this your best season in supercoach?

Ah, so you're gomski. Been chasing you around in DT and SC all season :)
Definitely my best SC season, was as high as 400th about a month ago, used most trades early on and my players haven't been in the same form lately as they were at the start of the year.

Will be a close match, your 2323 last week had me covered by 26 points. Your Riewoldt captain choice will be key.

Topdog
21-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I forgot to check my team and left Hayes on the field and Dangerfield in the FWD line so have no emergency and getting a 0 for my semi final matchup in WOOF 4 league. So stupid.

Sockeye Salmon
21-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Ryan O'Keefe is out tonight.

I'm ready to front the media and concede defeat.

LostDoggy
21-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Ryan O'Keefe is out tonight.

I'm ready to front the media and concede defeat.

Works out well for me, i put Jack Riewoldt on my bench as emergency.

anfo27
22-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Ah, so you're gomski. Been chasing you around in DT and SC all season :)
Definitely my best SC season, was as high as 400th about a month ago, used most trades early on and my players haven't been in the same form lately as they were at the start of the year.

Will be a close match, your 2323 last week had me covered by 26 points. Your Riewoldt captain choice will be key.

You got me gogriff, well played. Having too many dogs players cost me big time.

boydogs
22-08-2010, 10:02 PM
You got me gogriff, well played. Having too many dogs players cost me big time.

That Swans game was a shocker for SC. O'Keefe late withdrawal, Cooney injured, Mumford injured, Malceski, Gia, Hargrave, Moles, Murphy, Lake, Gilbee all poor. I was probably fortunate that O'Keefe didn't play, having Jonathan Brown as emergency, and you had a few more Dogs

Just like in tipping though, better to go down backing your own team than the opposition

The Bulldogs Bite
22-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Eh.

O'Keefe & Sylvia pulling out cost me a Grand Final.

LostDoggy
22-08-2010, 11:09 PM
After finishing 14th in my woof league and 13th in my DT I'm now in both minor grand finals- not a bad result considering I won 3 games for the year in SC haha.

O'Keefe out hurt me, and I didn't know Ryder was out so I got a zero on that one. Williams was awful and on the whole I didn't have a lot of high scores. I was going to trade out J.Brown (still have 10 trades in DT) as I wasn't sure if he would get up this week, decided to keep him and I'm so glad I did.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 12:38 PM
WELL!

I wake up this morning in one Grand Final (The Doggies League) and knocked out at the Prelim stage in my other league (WOOF4).

It was a fascinating weekend, with multiple last-minute selection changes by itchy-fingered AFL coaches meaning that the possibilities of copping a '0' were high. I'm relatively surprised at the results of both my Prelims, as The Doggies League is a far stronger league overall than WOOF4, yet I've made the Grannie in the former while losing a prelim in the latter. It just goes to show that in footy, as in life, timing is everything.

Observations -- NFI, who knocked me out in the WOOF4 prelim, should never have met me at this stage anyway -- we were the two top scoring teams in the league and should have met in the GF. Unfortunately, NFI's opponent in week 1 of the finals pulled the game of their lives out of their butt to beat NFI, forcing Shawn to win his Semi-final and front up to a prelim with the minor premier, which he then proceeded to knock off in a high-scoring prelim. Neither of the participants in the other Prelim broke 2000 so its fair to say that this was the real grand final, and NFI should go on to avenge his Week 1 loss and win the Grannie easily, but stranger things have happened.

In The Doggies League, it was a tight tustle and I was sure I was going to lose both my Prelims at one stage, as befits a die-hard Dogs supporter, but a last-minute '0' to Mantis (and J.Brown taking 16 contested marks and kicking 4.6 in one of the great performances of the round) saw me squeeze out a very, very narrow (and lucky) victory, and bestow on him the honour of losing a Prelim, doggy-style.. Interestingly, both Grand Finalists in The Doggies League scored exactly the same number of points in our respective Prelims, so it promises to be a tight and exciting tustle, with no quarter asked or given.

You are all invited to the Grand Final Parade down Ramsay Street, Burwood East, 12:00pm this Friday, which will prominently feature a dog wearing a hat and three chickens riding on the back of a horse, not to mention a free flow of non-alcoholic beer and two hot women wearing a lot of clothes. Par-tay!

Drunken Bum
23-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Was just coming on to say bad luck to you Lantern, i (NFI) was seriously worried after losing week 1 knowing that i would be facing you in the prelim, turned out to be a blessing in disguise as this week i had a blinder. Very happy getting 2294 with 1 donut (O'Keefe), Pav and Sandi on the bench, Coons 9, Eski's 39 and having Trengrove's 40 instead of NicNat's 82 covering for Sandi.

Loving the Grand Final parade down Ramsay Street lol, has a team ever boycotted it before? i vaguely remember West Coast wanted to one year, i am going to have to miss it this year though, a flight from Cambodia would be far to disrupting to my Grand Final preparations.

Good luck to everyone in their respective Grand Finals

DOG GOD
24-08-2010, 11:17 AM
well my brother managed to beat me in all 3 of my prelims (ofcourse), so he goes thru to the doggies league grand final against lantern....sure to be a great contest.

Good luck to all those playing in their respective grand finals.

Sockeye Salmon
24-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Sandilands, Cooney, Pavlich and O'Keefe were enough to see me exit stage right.

The irony was that I started with Jolley, hung onto him while his price plummented, finally offloaded him for Sandi in a move that cost me a heap of cash and a trade and ultimately contributed to getting knocked out!

jazzadogs
27-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Who would be the Avatars in WoofFootballLeague of Dreamteam? I'm the Mighty Heart, playing you in the Grand Final this week...good luck =]

LostDoggy
27-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I had no trades left & Hodge doesn't play, let's hope Stratton can pull something out of the bag.

boydogs
28-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Who would be the Avatars in WoofFootballLeague of Dreamteam? I'm the Mighty Heart, playing you in the Grand Final this week...good luck =]

Not sure, but they dominated the season until late, going from 11-0 to 13-2. You outscored them in the prelim after taking care of that pesky 8th place finisher that knocked me out ;), so you've got to be in with a chance :)

Interesting start to my SC GF with no players from my side playing tonight, and Doc26 having huge scores from Pav & Sandi but ordinary ones from Waite & Warnock.

We both have 2 starting emergencies and are 1 player down, I think the points of difference are slightly against me but there won't be much in it:

Gilbert v Gilbee
Waters v Waite (63)
Hargrave v Hurn
Selwood v Swan
Howlett v Harwood
Cox v Sandilands (127)
Port Trengove v Warnock (50)
Gia v Pavlich (142)
Rockliff v Kelly
Dennis-Lane v P Davis

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Geelong make three late changes, one of them Enright & he is my captain :(

The Coon Dog
28-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Geelong make three late changes, one of them Enright & he is my captain :(

I just traded him in this week! :eek:

DOG GOD
28-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I think my bro said he was 4 short in his grand final against Lantern in the doggies league...and he has Enright as well to add to that :(

Drunken Bum
28-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Missing Hodge, Enright, Selwood, Cooney and JBrown in my GF for 3 donuts :/ i only have two reserves playing and they are both in the ruck one was NicNat -104 and had bloody Warnock - 50 on the field. I think i may be in trouble

boydogs
28-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Yep well and truly on the back foot now with Selwood & Enright late withdrawals. Doc26 only has Enright, and he got 142 out of James Kelly. Long way back from here

Doc26
28-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Yep well and truly on the back foot now with Selwood & Enright late withdrawals. Doc26 only has Enright, and he got 142 out of James Kelly. Long way back from here

No doubt a round for dodging as many bullets as possible but more importantly the point of difference players. GAJ as Cap cancelled each other out. Cooney, Hodge, Enright, Brown cancel each other out. I got hit by Dids where you got burnt with Pods and Mummy. The late exclusion of Selwood was a big hit to you. All the best with the remaining games.

boydogs
28-08-2010, 08:54 PM
No doubt a round for dodging as few bullets as possible but more importantly the point of difference players. GAJ as Cap cancelled each other out. Cooney, Hodge, Enright, Brown cancel each other out. I got hit by Dids where you got burnt with Pods and Mummy. The late exclusion of Selwood was a big hit to you. All the best with the remaining games.

Making some ground tonight, but don't think it will be enough. Should know in an hour who has it, as only Trengove from my side is playing tomorrow

boydogs
28-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Making some ground tonight, but don't think it will be enough. Should know in an hour who has it, as only Trengove from my side is playing tomorrow

Jackson Trengove needs to score 228 for me tomorrow - pretty safe to say you've got it mate. Good season, congrats

Drunken Bum
28-08-2010, 10:10 PM
first score under 2000 all year and it had to come in the granny :/ 4 donuts vs 2 for Ichiban killed me, lost by under 200 which is respectable given the huge outs

congrats mate

game was over early too, neither of us have any players playing tomorrow which surprised me when i just checked

jazzadogs
29-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Enright, Hunt, Hodge, Didak (who I traded in last week, but had a trade left this week and got Cross), Selwood, Hanneberry and JBrown have lead to me looking for Angus Graham to outscore Brent Harvey today.

TAG HIM MELBOURNE PLEASE! HEAVILY!

Sockeye Salmon
29-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I got knocked out last week.

Naturally, this week I get my highest score for the year 2205 with Harvey to go and Hodge replaced by Henderson (15).

LostDoggy
29-08-2010, 09:27 PM
...I drew (only the minor GF, but still). I blame Joel Selwood, my only zero.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I ended the season very well. It was the early to mid section of the year I failed badly, because I always had 2-4 players out.

I finished 15th in one of the BF leagues. It's ranked 593, so it's not too shabby at all. I only won 3 games for the year, but I won all four finals to win the minor Premiership.

Next year I need to start well.

LostDoggy
30-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Ended up finishing 205th overall so pretty happy with that!

Made the Grand Final in a league which was ranked 10/11th all year but dropped to 14th by the years end.. Got beat by 17 points in the Final!

Topdog
31-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Won Woof league 4, pretty happy with that. Also won a 2nd league I was in.

The Coon Dog
01-09-2010, 10:09 PM
With the introduction of Gold Coast next season, it will mean a bye each week (or if the rumours are correct, some weeks 3 teams having a bye) I wonder how this will be factored into Super Coach for 2011???

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
With the introduction of Gold Coast next season, it will mean a bye each week (or if the rumours are correct, some weeks 3 teams having a bye) I wonder how this will be factored into Super Coach for 2011???

I read somewhere a few days ago about how AFL Dream Team will cater for this.. I'd assume Supercoach will be using the same methods..

The main points were.

- 24 Trades
- 3 extra players on the bench (1 Mid, 1 Back, 1 Forward)
- Extra Starting Salary Cap
- The weeks which 3 teams have the bye, will also be a bye for everyone in League games. So to allow them to still get through all the league games, they will start a Round 1.. Not Round 4.

That's all i can remember