PDA

View Full Version : Boumann

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry if i have missed out on some other threads about this, but what happened with Boumann in between the Brisbane game and the Hawks game for him to be dropped? I saw some insinuations that he had a club ban on him?

I thought that he was one who would have at least been in the squad for last week.

GVGjr
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry if i have missed out on some other threads about this, but what happened with Boumann in between the Brisbane game and the Hawks game for him to be dropped? I saw some insinuations that he had a club ban on him?

I thought that he was one who would have at least been in the squad for last week.

From reports he missed a training session. I don't think this is a big issue although this is the time for the younger guys to make an impression and it's a shame he's not being played.

azabob
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
From reports he missed a training session. I don't think this is a big issue although this is the time for the younger guys to make an impression and it's a shame he's not being played.

Correct me if Im wrong but your saying Boumann missing a training session isn't that big of an issue? Guess it depends on the circumstances. But from the sounds of it, the club wasn't happy with the excuse.

Did he ring and inform the appropriate person he wouldn't be attending? Or did he just not turn up?

If he didn't just turn up I think its a very big deal and a concern as he seems to be the type of guy who just floats through.

GVGjr
01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Correct me if Im wrong but your saying Boumann missing a training session isn't that big of an issue? Guess it depends on the circumstances. But from the sounds of it, the club wasn't happy with the excuse.

Did he ring and inform the appropriate person he wouldn't be attending? Or did he just not turn up?

If he didn't just turn up I think its a very big deal and a concern as he seems to be the type of guy who just floats through.

There is big issues and some things that are not ideal but in the scheme of things I don't believe this was a big issue.
Details are a bit scratchy so I won't speculate. If you have confidence that the club handles these sorts of things well as I do it's best to leave it up to them.

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Playing for the bulldogs is his job. You don't just not show up, fair enough if he called and it was something serious enough to miss training. But it wasn't that's why he got dropped. I have full confidence in any decision the bulldogs make in players behaviours off and on field. We are a very disciplined team.

Swoop
01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
As GVGjr has stated, you need to be careful when speculating on these issues without being aware of the full set of facts. We don't know the specifics of who, where, & why and you just need to trust the club in the handling of these issues.

That being said it is certainly disappointing to think he has done all the hard work and finally put his foot in the door only for a setback like this to take him back two steps. No doubt it's a long season and hopefully he can earn another opportunity at some stage through hard work and perseverance.

bornadog
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Would have been good to see him up against Jarrad Roughead on the weekend. Maybe he will get a chance this week against Port........... if he has been a good boy.

azabob
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
There is big issues and some things that are not ideal but in the scheme of things I don't believe this was a big issue.
Details are a bit scratchy so I won't speculate. If you have confidence that the club handles these sorts of things well as I do it's best to leave it up to them.

I have total confidence in the club in how to handle Boumann and all of our players. Just a real shame that he takes a step forward and then perhaps takes two backwards.

Hope he doesnt waste his opportunity.

GVGjr
03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I have total confidence in the club in how to handle Boumann and all of our players. Just a real shame that he takes a step forward and then perhaps takes two backwards.

Hope he doesnt waste his opportunity.

Fully agree. It's imperative that players take their opportunities and on face value Boumann appears to have missed a critical one.

There was a few guys pumping up his tyers on the forum but they have gone a little quiet at the moment.

comrade
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Fully agree. It's imperative that players take their opportunities and on face value Boumann appears to have missed a critical one.

There was a few guys pumping up his tyers on the forum but they have gone a little quiet at the moment.

No point in defending the indefensible.

bornadog
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Ability wise nothing has changed, he is still potentially a KPP, he just has to get it right in his head and take on the responsibilities of a full time professional athlete. Lets hope he gets a big kick up the backside and realizes the opportunities he has in front of him

Greystache
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Unless people on here know from internal sources, we probably won't know how seriously the club has taken his indiscretion until round 1 of the VFL season. You would've thought based on his form in the latter part of last season that it'd be a given he'd line up at FB for Willi 1sts. If he's named in the 2nds, then will know the club has put him right back to the beginning and will make him work for any opportunity he gets.

It's disappointing, if he continued his sharp improvement from last season through this year, with another preseason in the gym into him he could potentially be pushing for a game in the Bulldogs team in 2011. He didn't need this setback.

Mantis
04-03-2010, 11:26 AM
^^

From what I have heard all parties have moved on from the indiscretion and no grudges will be held.

I guess it's up to Jarrad now to put his best foot forward and build on from what was a pretty promising '09.

stefoid
04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
no bouman v port