PDA

View Full Version : Dogs, Power name NAB Cup semi-final squads

Hotdog60
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
NAB CUP

WESTERN BULLDOGS V PORT ADELAIDE
Western Bulldogs
1. Jarrad Grant, 2. Robert Murphy, 3. Andrejs Everitt, 4. Daniel Cross, 5. Matthew Boyd, 7. Shaun Higgins, 8. Mitch Hahn, 9. Lindsay Gilbee, 10. Nathan Eagleton, 12. Tom Williams, 14. Callan Ward, 16. Ryan Griffen, 17. Adam Cooney, 19. Liam Jones, 20. Josh Hill, 21. Jason Akermanis, 22. Dylan Addison, 23. Jordan Roughead, 25. Ryan Hargrave, 27. Will Minson, 28. Barry Hall, 29. Easton Wood, 31. James Mulligan, 33. Tim Callan, 36. Brian Lake, 38. Dale Morris, 40. Jarrod Harbrow, 42. Liam Picken, 44. Brodie Moles.

Port Adelaide
1. Domenic Cassisi, 3. Steven Salopek, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nathan Krakouer, 9. Jacob Surjan, 10. Travis Boak, 11. Marlon Motlop, 12. Jackson Trengove, 13. Wade Thompson, 14. Paul Stewart, 16. Warren Tredrea, 17. Robbie Gray, 18. Kane Cornes, 19. Nick Salter, 20. Dean Brogan, 26. Andrew Moore, 27. Alipate Carlile, 28. Jay Schulz, 30. Troy Chaplin, 31. Mitchell Banner, 33. Brett Ebert, 35. Chad Cornes, 38. Scott Harding, 39. Justin Westhoff, 41. Jason Davenport, 43. Daniel Stewart, 44. Tom Logan, 45. Cameron Hitchcock, 47. Cameron Cloke.

Ozza
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
From the looks of it - Hudson, Gia and Stack are out, with Johnno still resting - and a few young guys missing out this time around.

Pretty good side though. I'd expect us to win.

I'm not sure who Port are missing - I probably don't know their list well enough. D.Motlop isn't there, unless Lade retired - he seems to be missing, not too sure other than that.

divvydan
03-03-2010, 03:20 PM
So Hudson and Gia rested, Stack dropped. Williams, Wood, Minson come in to the 29 man squad.

Mantis
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure who Port are missing - I probably don't know their list well enough. D.Motlop isn't there, unless Lade retired - he seems to be missing, not too sure other than that.

Ruck coach at Richmond.

Doc26
03-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks a solid offering by Port. For those interested in the opposition keep an eye out on Mitchell Banner, Andrew Moore, Cameron Hitchcock and Wade Thompson who in particular but among others are all pushing for senior places this year.

Bulldog Revolution
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Hudson the big out - shows the round 1 plans wont be compromised which is good

I look forward to seeing Roughy and Minno sharing the role

Andrew Moore looked an excellent prospect to me - the untrained eye

Go_Dogs
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Yes, Lade has retired.

Port have added a few faces to the side that won last weekend. But yes, D. Motlop and Hartlett are the only players not selected, besides Rodan who is out with his ACL injury.

Go_Dogs
03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Andrew Moore looked an excellent prospect to me - the untrained eye

Copped a very, very heavy knock last week thanks to Cloke - Moore showing outstanding bravery going back into on-coming traffic with eyes for the ball. Actually thought that may rule him out this week.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Not as many players rested as I thought there would be

GVGjr
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
So Hudson and Gia rested, Stack dropped. Williams, Wood, Minson come in to the 29 man squad.

I heard that both Minson and Williams got through a big test last week and would be right for this week.

Born & Bred
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Bring it on!!! Let's get the dogs into a Grand Final.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
NAB CUP

Western Bulldogs
1. Jarrad Grant, 2. Robert Murphy, 3. Andrejs Everitt, 4. Daniel Cross, 5. Matthew Boyd, 7. Shaun Higgins, 8. Mitch Hahn, 9. Lindsay Gilbee, 10. Nathan Eagleton, 12. Tom Williams, 14. Callan Ward, 16. Ryan Griffen, 17. Adam Cooney, 19. Liam Jones, 20. Josh Hill, 21. Jason Akermanis, 22. Dylan Addison, 23. Jordan Roughead, 25. Ryan Hargrave, 27. Will Minson, 28. Barry Hall, 29. Easton Wood, 31. James Mulligan, 33. Tim Callan, 36. Brian Lake, 38. Dale Morris, 40. Jarrod Harbrow, 42. Liam Picken, 44. Brodie Moles.

Port Adelaide
1. Domenic Cassisi, 3. Steven Salopek, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nathan Krakouer, 9. Jacob Surjan, 10. Travis Boak, 11. Marlon Motlop, 12. Jackson Trengove, 13. Wade Thompson, 14. Paul Stewart, 16. Warren Tredrea, 17. Robbie Gray, 18. Kane Cornes, 19. Nick Salter, 20. Dean Brogan, 26. Andrew Moore, 27. Alipate Carlile, 28. Jay Schulz, 30. Troy Chaplin, 31. Mitchell Banner, 33. Brett Ebert, 35. Chad Cornes, 38. Scott Harding, 39. Justin Westhoff, 41. Jason Davenport, 43. Daniel Stewart, 44. Tom Logan, 45. Cameron Hitchcock, 47. Cameron Cloke.

Yay..he better play...cant wait to watch him again... GO WILL......

AndrewP6
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
So, no Rodan... no "own goal" this time... or is that the Darwin Special? :)

mjp
03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Looks a solid offering by Port. For those interested in the opposition keep an eye out on Mitchell Banner, Andrew Moore, Cameron Hitchcock and Wade Thompson who in particular but among others are all pushing for senior places this year.

I think you mean 'former Western Jet Mitch Banner'.

chef
04-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Yay..he better play...cant wait to watch him again... GO WILL......

Me too.

Bumper Bulldogs
04-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm hoping that we live up to the hype and can handle the expectations. for me this is the first test of the season, in previous years I don't think we handled this that well dropping games or just getting over the line when expected to win.

Expecting a big game from Everitt and like to keep an eye on Woods, Moles, Ward and Jones.

Go_Dogs
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM

The week previous he was looking the goods, and then backed it up with an even better performance on the weekend just gone. Looks to have really developed a terrific body shape, and his skills looked good.

I'd love to see a couple of Jets boys go head to head on the weekend.

Doc26
04-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Yes indeed or the former Werribee Junior ;)

mjp
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes indeed or the former Werribee Junior ;)

But I can hardly claim credit for 'former Werribee Junior Mitch Banner', which is why 'former Western Jet' has a more melodic ring to it.

I believe Mitch has 6 sisters (maybe 5)? Either way, he has a lot of sisters which explained two things:

1/.Why getting him to speak was so difficult. At home there was never a chance to do so and he probably gave up trying with so many others speaking for him.
2/.Why his kicking skills are so good. Spending time OUT of the house must have been a priority.

Cyberdoggie
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM

Jones in there as well.

Stack and Mulligan didn't get a chance last week, don't really understand the logic there, especially as the game was over in the third quarter. Should of taken off players like Aker earlier. If we go through and win this competition without really testing any of Mulligan, Markovic, Stack, Jones, Boumann, etc, then what have we really achieved?

Nothing other than some cash and some meaningless trophy.

Sooner or later we will be forced to play some of these guys, and i'm sure we will look back and think it would of been great to expose them more in the nab cup.

NAB cup should be about playing the fringe players primarily, trying a few kids, and easing in the senior players into regular football again.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Jones in there as well.

Stack and Mulligan didn't get a chance last week, don't really understand the logic there, especially as the game was over in the third quarter. Should of taken off players like Aker earlier. If we go through and win this competition without really testing any of Mulligan, Markovic, Stack, Jones, Boumann, etc, then what have we really achieved?

Nothing other than some cash and some meaningless trophy.

Sooner or later we will be forced to play some of these guys, and i'm sure we will look back and think it would of been great to expose them more in the nab cup.

NAB cup should be about playing the fringe players primarily, trying a few kids, and easing in the senior players into regular football again.

The point of the competion is to have our best 22 ready for round 1, not our fringe players

Bulldog4332
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Maybe the core players want to have another go at the Sainters (not being dismissive of Port), or maybe they want the feeling of a grand final win.

jazzadogs
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
The point of the competion is to have our best 22 ready for round 1, not our fringe players
Agree. While it is all well and good to try out fringe players, they shouldn't be playing at the expense of senior players who are fit and ready to go.

We want to have our best 22 not only fit for round 1, but used to the way each other works (i.e. Hill knows where Hall is going to lead, Boyd knows where Minson is likely to tap it, Morris knows if Lake is going to run off his opponent to help out).

Team chemistry is a big part of any team sport, more important than giving a player a try in a NAB Cup game.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey I've got AFL membership. I want to go to the game tonight but not sit on level 3. Do I need to upgrade on the ticketmaster website? When I go on there and select level one tickets it doesn't give me any. I can only get level 2. Do they do it so it looks like the stadium is more full for NAB Cup games?

Mitcha
05-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I believe Mitch has 6 sisters (maybe 5)? Either way, he has a lot of sisters which explained two things:
1/.Why getting him to speak was so difficult. At home there was never a chance to do so and he probably gave up trying with so many others speaking for him.
MJP, from what I understand Mitch didn't need to talk too much when his old man was around, did nothing other than pump his kids tyres up, painful to be around him for too long, had to get up and walk away numerous times.

mjp
05-03-2010, 05:18 PM
MJP, from what I understand Mitch didn't need to talk too much when his old man was around, did nothing other than pump his kids tyres up, painful to be around him for too long, had to get up and walk away numerous times.

You had to get up or I did?

No comment!

aker39
05-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey I've got AFL membership. I want to go to the game tonight but not sit on level 3. Do I need to upgrade on the ticketmaster website? When I go on there and select level one tickets it doesn't give me any. I can only get level 2. Do they do it so it looks like the stadium is more full for NAB Cup games?

Wrong thread, but here's the answer. Just scan your ticket at the gate and find a seat on Level 1.

Greystache
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM

It's completely open, you can sit anywhere on level 1 and level 3, and I don't imagine there'll be much competition for spots.

Just out of interest, I read posts regularly about Woofers meeting each other at games and events, do you all know each other independently of this site, or have you all just bumped into each other over the course of time?

The Coon Dog
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM

Arkie, I think you need to find a phone number & ring them with all your AFL Membership questions.

bornadog
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
It's completely open, you can sit anywhere on level 1 and level 3, and I don't imagine there'll be much competition for spots.

Just out of interest, I read posts regularly about Woofers meeting each other at games and events, do you all know each other independently of this site, or have you all just bumped into each other over the course of time?

Some guys know each other but the majority have met through the site.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
NAB CUP

Western Bulldogs

Port Adelaide

Any late changes or final teams?

Mantis
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Any late changes or final teams?

If I was a betting man I would say that Jones, Grant & Callan would miss.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
If I was a betting man I would say that Jones, Grant & Callan would miss.

Thanks. Shame about Jones.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
We look flat as a tack tonight. Kudos to Port for their pressure.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
We look flat as a tack tonight. Kudos to Port for their pressure.

Port certainly look like they have improved in alot of the areas they were deficient in last year, namely there contested ball winning, second efforts, and defensive pressure.
Will be interesting to see how we come out in the second quarter.

Mulligan is looking like he has alot to learn, looks a bit lost out there.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Williams hasn't looked too flash either.

KT31
05-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Williams hasn't looked too flash either.

Either has the umpiring.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Either has the umpiring.

Agreed. I think they are from Adelaide.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
What else does Moles have to do to be in the Round 1 team?

Very impressed. His kicking has been good too.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Second half of that quarter we improved measurably, and should've had more goals on the board to show for it.
Cross's defensive efforts in causing a spill against the run of play, both stopped a certain port goal, and seemed to really lift the team.
Here's hoping we can continue with that in the 3rd quarter.

Pleased with Hill's marking, but his kicking for goal is erratic.
Moles is really putting his name forward for a round 1 spot.

KT31
05-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Agree totally, first real view of him and what a great pick up by the Dogs.
Hope history repeats , very similar story to Matty Robbins.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Williams got a bit better, and ditto Mulligan.

Picken much better this week, ditto Ward.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Lake's fumbling alot tonight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Will be interesting with scored tied, whether we out run Port in the last.
We might miss Boyd's grunt in the middle, with him being subbed out for Higgins.
Seemed to lack something in the clearances that quarter with Boyd out.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Interesting watch Hall with a much better defence on him. Still looking very dangerous.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
W
Seemed to lack something in the clearances that quarter with Boyd out.

Agreed. We seem to find it hard to get the ball, no matter which ruckman wins the tap.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
You can see why Swans fans say Hall is very unselfish.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
That pack mark by Hall just sent shivers down my spine.
That ingredient is just the thing we need.
When we're a few points down, a minute to go, that get out option.

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Not to sure about the handball.
If he held it he could have ran down the clock another 20 seconds.

Chicago1
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM
How the hell can I go back to bed at 5.15am after that win? The Bulldogs in a Grand Final is a new, exciting experience. Way to go. Can't wait to arrive in Melbourne in 18 days!

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM

I've seen a lot of that from Hall over the years, but it looks a lot better in red, white and blue. :D

Seriously, he's looking in very good form. Great hands.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Not to sure about the handball.
If he held it he could have ran down the clock another 20 seconds.

Fore sure, not the smart option, especially as it was a bread and butter set shot from 15 out directly in front.
On the replay it looked as if the Port defender almost smothered Lakes kick too.
I know it's only NAB Cup, but it would've been a confidence crusher had that exchange from Hall to Lake gone awry.

Luckily it didn't and despite being arguably outplayed by Port, we won the game.

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Williams got a bit better, and ditto Mulligan.

Picken much better this week, ditto Ward.

Williams still made alot of errors.
Pickens tenacity brilliant.

Ackers tackle and Halls mark saved our inaccurate tails.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 11:18 PM
being arguably outplayed by Port, we won the game.

Agree with that, but gees we wasted some shots at goal.

Great to win a close game where the lead changes so many times.

IIRC mjp was impressed with Port this year - can see why now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I've seen a lot of that from Hall over the years, but it looks a lot better in red, white and blue. :D

Seriously, he's looking in very good form. Great hands.

Yep, in the interview post game, Watson asked him what was he thinking when he passed it to Lake.. Hall said " I don't know, a brain snap, but normally when I have a brain snap (he then motioned a punch... and smiled.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Agree with that, but gees we wasted some shots at goal.

Great to win a close game where the lead changes so many times.

IIRC mjp was impressed with Port this year - can see why now.

MJP's call on Port seems on the money, very astute call.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Williams still made alot of errors.
Pickens tenacity brilliant.

Ackers tackle and Halls mark saved our inaccurate tails.

I thought Williams mark deep in defense was very good. He just needs some luck to string some games together.

Andrej's looked bad for the most part, but his short burst in the ruck late in the game was very good.

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Bazza, Williams and Johnno, the Rice Bubble Gang.
Snap, Crackle and Pop.:D

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:26 PM
I thought Williams mark deep in defense was very good. He just needs some luck to string some games together.

Andrej's looked bad for the most part, but his short burst in the ruck late in the game was very good.

Think both will be better with the hit out and especially with the preassure of the game.

cinder
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooot!
I'm on hols on the Gold Coast, of course it wasn't televised and the replay is 2am or something, looks like I'll be staying up to see it!

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
I was impressed with what I saw of Wood.

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
I was impressed with what I saw of Wood.

Agree, had some great second efforts.
I'm loving the depth we have this season.
Great to see Griff string two solid games together.
Near 2008 form.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Agree, had some great second efforts.
I'm loving the depth we have this season.
Great to see Griff string two solid games together.
Near 2008 form.

When Griffen runs lines and then delivers inside 50 like he did tonight he really looks like an absolute gun player. I really hope this becomes the norm this year and we see him scale the heights we've all thought he would. At 23 his time is now.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 11:40 PM
When Griffen runs lines and then delivers inside 50 like he did tonight he really looks like an absolute gun player. I really hope this becomes the norm this year and we see him scale the heights we've all thought he would. At 23 his time is now.

IIRC in the past he might have blazed away but now Griffen at last has a big tall target to aim at.

Dry Rot
05-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I wonder if having two tall targets up forward (Hall and Lake) is just a pre-season experiment or that we might see more of it?

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Great to see Big Minson back, played well, Griffen was rampant, cross, picken and Aker ferocious.
Hill showed some good signs.
Over all, we played reasonably poorly and got the win, Port were very good but we missed a fair serve of gettable shots.

KT31
05-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Great to see Big Minson back, played well, Griffen was rampant, cross, picken and Aker ferocious.
Over all, we played reasonably poorly and got the win, Port were very good but we missed a fair serve of gettable shots.

Hopefully playing Johnno and Guido will help eleviate this.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-03-2010, 12:06 AM

For someone severely lacking game time, he looked in really good nick. With Roughead developing, and Hall up forward, it's really up to Will to make the second ruck position his own.
No doubt he has it over Roughead at the moment, but I hope knowing he has some developing competition behind him will spur him onto greater things.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Hopefully playing Johnno and Guido will help eleviate this.

Agreed.

Also, while young Roughy has done well, Will and Huddo together will lift the side. A lot of upside to Roughy I believe over the next 2 years.

hujsh
06-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Lake is the last person I'd have given it to but I guess all's well that ends well.

I liked Hill tonight (aside from the set shots) and Griff was looking in supreme condition physically and mentally.

When you take the 3 assists into account Hall probably had and even better game this week.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Agreed.

Also, while young Roughy has done well, Will and Huddo together will lift the side. A lot of upside to Roughy I believe over the next 2 years.

I presume Roughy will make way for Hudson next week, but I think these past 3 weeks exposure will do him the world of good as far as his overall development.
He certainly does not look out of place, just needs to adjust to the pace of the game when he has the ball, which will come.

It's a shame Cordy has had a niggle at this time of year, as it would've been a great opportunity to get hims some senior footy exposure, to spur him on.

Dry Rot
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
BTW, did Tredrea play tonight?

GVGjr
06-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Funny game tonight. We both good and ordinary in different parts.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
BTW, did Tredrea play tonight?
Port did not seem to play through him at all.
IN commentary Harley said that he thought Port would try to isolate him more one on one against Williams in the second half, but it didn't happen.
The one time they went to him Deep, Williams took a great mark amongst a pack of players.

Despite some errors, I thought Williams did alright tonight, and hopefully he can string a series of games together to aid both his development and just as importantly his confidence.

His presence down back did allow us the luxury for Brian to risk sneaking forward a couple of time, fortuitously right at the end.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Funny game tonight. We both good and ordinary in different parts.

It was. I thought we might continue the momentum we built in the latter 10 minutes of the second quarter.

I wonder how much the subbing of Boyd enabled Port to snatch back the ascendancy in the middle and around stoppages?

Speaking of the sub's I thought Hargrave was excellent when he came on, and Higgins too, although at the expense of Boyd's output in close.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I wonder if having two tall targets up forward (Hall and Lake) is just a pre-season experiment or that we might see more of it?

Maybe dependent upon whether or not Williams is available on a regular basis.

angelopetraglia
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Barry was super for us in that last half. I know this is only Mickey Mouse football, but I have seen enough of the new recruit #28 to say with confidence;

B. Hall plays in last years prelim and we win ... simple as that. He can be the difference.

I was a little cynical about recruiting a 33 year old, but he looks in terrific shape.

Dry Rot
06-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Barry was super for us in that last half. I know this is only Mickey Mouse football, but I have seen enough of the new recruit #28 to say with confidence;

B. Hall plays in last years prelim and we win ... simple as that. He can be the difference.

I was a little cynical about recruiting a 33 year old, but he looks in terrific shape.

Agreed, he looks in better nick than I recall in his last 2 seasons with the Swans.

comrade
06-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Brian had a stinker - everything he touched turned to crap, so it was ironic that he kicked the match winner.

I thought Williams had a much improved second half, and looked more assured in taking the game on. The contested grab in the last quarter was very impressive.

Easton Wood looked like he belonged - his combination of speed and toughness adds something to the team. If he can continue to improve his kicking and develop the ability to gut run forward of the play to provide an attacking option, he could easily displace Eagleton who was WOG for mine. He's obviously still not 100% fit, but he gave us nothing tonight.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Can anyone give more info on Cordy and why he hasn't played any NAB Cup games? If his injured, what is the injury? Will he even get a senior game this year?

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:35 AM

Who do you suggest misses out in round 1?

Thank god some of you dont coach the team

GVGjr
06-03-2010, 12:39 AM

Hard side to crack into but he has done a good job in every game plus he has been performing well on the training track etc. He might not crack it for the final 22 but he will likely be in the squad of 25.

I suppose he is competing with maybe Ward, Hill, Eagleton and Picken for a spot.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:47 AM

I reckon he would be a better option than Eagleton. He lloks very good.

I also thought there was promise shown by Mulligan, Reid, Roughead and even Williams tonight. But would have to say that Moles has been a great find this year.

hujsh
06-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Don't remember which commentator called it but we threw out two premiership players on in the last two minutes and Aka was the one who got the free and gave it to Higgins and we all know what Hall did. Hopefully that experience comes in as useful in the real finals as well.

Mantis
06-03-2010, 12:49 AM

His form has been very good so why shouldn't he have a realistic chance of playing rd 1?

lemmon
06-03-2010, 12:56 AM

Agreed, happened right in front of me and really epitomized why he is such a precious talent. Good confidences booster for the lad as he was able to read the flight well, time his leap and mark over a number of other players. Hopefully there's more of this to come

The Bulldogs Bite
06-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Bit of a frustrating game to watch but no doubt we'll benefit from a tough hitout. Port Adelaide are pretty quick and burnt us on the rebound a few times. I thought we were a little too unaccountable at times while our disposal was dreadful. Nice to see the boys grind out a win even when we were far from our best. It's a change to see us feature in any kind of Grand Final, too.

* Disappointed with Hahn, Harbrow, Lake and Eagleton. All made costly errors time after time. Easily the worst game Harbrow has played - no idea of his thought process tonight and his disposal was incredibly bad. Lake/Eagleton made fundamental errors at key times whilst Hahn struggled to get involved, dropped marks and missed that easy goal.

* Gilbee doesn't look the same player he used to. Not sure if he's still being effected by his father's death last year, but he's out of touch much like he was for a chunk of 2009. Hopefully he finds some form to build on for Round 1. Very important player that we need up and going.

* Everitt and Roughead showed some signs tonight but made a few mistakes too. Still not sure why we persist with Everitt in the back half - he's very uncertain. Whenever he plays in the midfield he invariably makes better decisions with the ball. Roughy continues to impress in the ruck but made a few rookie errors. Just needs to be more aware of the playa round him but he's done well for his first three games. It'll be interesting to see how he performs at VFL level after this.

* Moles is making it harder each week for the match committee not to play him in Round 1. Clean hands, makes good decisions with the ball and his skills have been good. Seems like a pretty good find and will slot in nicely. At this stage - Ward has under performed and turned it over quite a few times. I'd have Moles ahead of Ward unless things change over the next week or so.

* Hall was super, an even better game this week. His defensive pressure was good, he set-up the play, kicked goals and took crucial marks. He's going to make a big difference to our side.

* Hill was very impressive but appears to have the kicking yips. Needs to work hard on this as it's bothering him at the moment, but he did all else really well. He's showing a greater intensity for the contest than he's ever shown. Pressuring, tackling and presenting. Took some great grabs too.

* Griffen has looked great so far in the NAB Cup. Really good signs. That bit of extra pace is so crucial when he's bursting away from a pack. Definitely could be in for a more consistent year based on his efforts so far.

* Hargrave and Morris were very solid. I really do think Hargrave is close to becoming an 'A Grade' player. He's a very good defender and rarely is beaten. He's also able to attack and rebound. Morris is the ultimate stopper; capable of playing on big, quality power forwards whilst also showing tonight he can keep up with lightening quick smalls (Thompson).

* Minson was very good tonight. Used his bulk well and his disposal was fantastic. I think a few of us were worried about how he'd be able to come back, but he showed quite a bit tonight.

* Wood did a couple of nice things including a fearless attack running back with the flight of the ball. He looks in great condition. Very strong and looks like he's gained a yard of pace. Disposal needs to improve but he'll play a few games this season.

* Aker had a good second half, pretty clean and was involved in some important passages. Higgins ditto who didn't make basic errors when a lot of others were.

lemmon
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet but I was impressed with Eagletons desire to attack the ball and the man aggressively, his tackles stuck and he hit hard, probably a facet of his game that he knows has let him down in the past. Seems he knows it's his last shot at a premiership and is giving it everything, will be a hard man to displace from the 22 this year IMO.

comrade
Andrejs made some mistakes but he wasn't alone. I thought his defensive work was actually pretty good - he was able to hold his own in marking contests that he probably would have been outpointed in previously.

If he can hold down a third tall type role in the backline, and then move higher up the ground within the same game he'll prove a pretty difficult match up. Shame he hit the post with that running shot on goal - he hit it pretty well.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Agreed, happened right in front of me and really epitomized why he is such a precious talent. Good confidences booster for the lad as he was able to read the flight well, time his leap and mark over a number of other players. Hopefully there's more of this to come

Took a few strong grabs tonight and used his strength in pushing opposition players out of the way too. He got better as the game wore on which was good to see. Still has areas he needs to improve if he's going to play regular AFL footy, but he did remind us at times tonight of why we need him fit and firing.

lemmon
06-03-2010, 01:08 AM
* Gilbee doesn't look the same player he used to. Not sure if he's still being effected by his father's death last year, but he's out of touch much like he was for a chunk of 2009. Hopefully he finds some form to build on for Round 1. Very important player that we need up and going.

I think at times he tries to do too much with the ball, just due to how damaging he is with the footy. At one point he kicked a 50 meter pass to a 2 on 1(ports advantage) in the middle which was immediately turned over. Few other players would have attempted it and the safer option would have been to go long down the line. I think he just really needs to get back to basics which have got him to where he is currently.

giaco
06-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Bit of a mixed bag tonight.

A few senior players were pretty fumbly - Coon and Lake especially.

I was really happy with the efforts of Williams and Everitt, apart from one bad clanger each. Both did well in one-on-one contests, particularly Williams for his first game.

Moles is impressive and might have gone past Ward who has been slightly disappointing in the NAB.

There will be some handy players at Willy in Rd 1. Hill, Everitt, Moles (assuming he's promoted) will be lucky to get games. Great depth at the moment.

Sedat
06-03-2010, 01:14 AM
All of the underperformers prior to tonight - Hill, Ward, Picken and Everitt - significantly ramped up the intensity levels on previous weeks. Whilst they all still made some errors, it was good to see them lift their intensity, knowing that the likes of Moles and Wood are hot on their heels for a place in the starting 22 come Round 1.

The perfect pre-season hitout. Port were very good at closing the space (very impressed with Robbie Gray's clearance work and Paul Stewart's mopping up off half back in particular) and the game had more of a H&A intensity to it that most prectice matches do. We laid another 89 tackles tonight, so the defensive pressure was strong once again (and it had to be because we turned it over more than usual).

The Bulldogs Bite
06-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Andrejs made some mistakes but he wasn't alone. I thought his defensive work was actually pretty good - he was able to hold his own in marking contests that he probably would have been outpointed in previously.

If he can hold down a third tall type role in the backline, and then move higher up the ground within the same game he'll prove a pretty difficult match up. Shame he hit the post with that running shot on goal - he hit it pretty well.

I think his defensive work has improved too but when in possession he struggles to make quick and accurate decisions. (IE. That handball back to Cross which resulted in a goal to Port)

His reaction time is probably one thing that really needs to improve. Tackling too. His intensity has certainly lifted and his disposal is very good.

I really like Andrejs' potential, I just think he looks on edge having to play a defensive role. Against Brisbane in the wet he was impressive up forward and we haven't seen that since.

divvydan
06-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Was quite fumbly tonight, most of that was due to the pressure put on by Port Adelaide, however, both coaches (Dean and Williams) made mention of the humidity in their post match conferences so that also probably had a bit to do with it.

Great game to win since we'd be playing nearly our full side next week win or lose, may as well have another pressure filled hitout to get the players used to what's going to happen during the season.

Sockeye Salmon
06-03-2010, 01:27 AM
I think his defensive work has improved too but when in possession he struggles to make quick and accurate decisions. (IE. That handball back to Cross which resulted in a goal to Port)

His reaction time is probably one thing that really needs to improve. Tackling too. His intensity has certainly lifted and his disposal is very good.

I really like Andrejs' potential, I just think he looks on edge having to play a defensive role. Against Brisbane in the wet he was impressive up forward and we haven't seen that since.

I think Everitt was decent tonight. That one bad clanger at a pretty shocking time was the only significant error he made.

For the most part, his ball use was very good.

Rocco Jones
Just on our best 22 and tonight
- I think Hill suits being in the same side as Hall. As long as he is doing the right things on the track, he would be a lock in my 22.
- Picken hasn't looked during the NAB Cup but pre-season games aren't really made for taggers. He spent a fair bit of time on Sewell last time (correct me if I am wrong) and curbed him and I thought he did well on Pearce tonight. Considering the valuable role he plays and his attitude, I would have him as another lock.
- Ward, Everitt, Eagleton, Hahn and Moles would be battling for the final couple of spots in my best 22. I would only consider Eagle if he gets back to resembling full fitness. His strongest attribute is his elite running. I would have Ward and Moles in atm. Maybe playing for Willy in round 1 would be a good lesson for Ward.

The Coon Dog
Was quite fumbly tonight, most of that was due to the pressure put on by Port Adelaide, however, both coaches (Dean and Williams) made mention of the humidity in their post match conferences so that also probably had a bit to do with it.

It was hot in there tonight!

dog town
06-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Would like to think that we just were not on our game. We made simple errors all night, tackled horribly, fumbled and didnt appear to be working that hard. The NAB cup means squat to me so I can live with that I am just hoping it was us being well off and not us being bashed around by Port because they loooked the hungrier side.

I think we stalled a bit in the first half because we simply were not winning the ball back in contested situations. We have been given a heap of hype about our foot skills over the years but we very rarely go coast to coast these days and can sometimes struggle to kick our way up field especially in a go slow sitation where the other team has time to get numbers back. It wasn't until we started a) pressuring Port a little bit more when they had the footy to turn the ball over and b) winning the ball at clearances and from contested situations that we started creating some run. We are mainly a stoppage/contested footy team these days and winning these situations creates the majority of our run. It means we have the opposition out of position and can use our pace and clean ball handling (last night was not so clean) to take the ball away quickly. We are still a skillful side but not to the level that we were in say 2005/2006. We have a lot more grunt now and when we dont come to play we can be made to look pretty pedestrian. Griffen and Cooney worked harder as the game went on.

We probably looked for Hall a bit much early on especially when he wasn't on. It is going to be the story of our season I think. How do we stop our side becoming to Hall conscious? He is an enormous man and has huge presence. I am not convinced we can keep our even spread of goal kickers with him on the ground. I am not even sure if it matters that most but I am very interested to see how it all plays out. On a positive note I dont think we have changed to much in terms of ball movement/ game style so it shouldn't matter to much when he is not out on the park.

stefoid
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I reckon he would be a better option than Eagleton. He lloks very good.

On 2010 form so far, definitely. Id have no problem with Moles playing and Eagleton having to work his way back into the side.

stefoid
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet but I was impressed with Eagletons desire to attack the ball and the man aggressively, his tackles stuck and he hit hard, probably a facet of his game that he knows has let him down in the past. Seems he knows it's his last shot at a premiership and is giving it everything, will be a hard man to displace from the 22 this year IMO.

hmmm, I still cringe whenever he is involved in a 50/50.

stefoid
06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Whats the mystery? Port has obviously been applying heaps of defensive pressure to their opponents this year, and they were the first team we have played since the prelim that applied that pressure to us, and we were affected by it. no biggie, its a practice match.

KT31
06-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Don't remember which commentator called it but we threw out two premiership players on in the last two minutes and Aka was the one who got the free and gave it to Higgins and we all know what Hall did. Hopefully that experience comes in as useful in the real finals as well.

Pretty sure it was Matthews.
And didn't he change his tune in the second half when big Bazza started performing.
Went from can't understand why we need Bazza when we were a high scoring multiple attack last season to Bazza will straighten us up and give more freedom to our other forwards.

Go_Dogs
06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Pretty good hit out last night, and good to walk away with the win. Was interesting to see all our experienced players come on towards the end when Port regained the lead. We certainly wanted to win.

Cross - defensively very good. Just a super hard working player - 12 tackles, 7 clearances. At times a little sloppy with his disposal.

Harbrow - I actually didn't think he was that bad. His attempt at the speccy looked like he could have hurt his ankle or even knee (which appeared to lock a bit) but he seemed to run out the game fine. One of our legitimate run and carry players who can break it open. Got to take the good with the bad, but always dangerous.

Cooney and Griffen - gotta love them. Both played some very good patches. Cooney looks sharp, and Griffen on the run to Hall twice in a row - very nice. Would like to see Griff have the confidence to have a shot from outside 50 though, but that will come. Still chose very good options, so nothing wrong there.

Akermanis is just amazing. Some of his deft little knock ons, he just has the best game sense of about any player I've ever seen. Going to be a real shame when he retires, because he is just so smart.

Moles - was good, but not outstanding imo. Got to say I'm not a huge fan on him in the centre square, just didn't seem as sharp as some of our other players. I'd really like to see him on a wing, but imagine he could easily play F or B too. Kicked a good goal though. Disposal at times average under decent pressure.

Murph - had a few passages of play where he looked very good. In particular the piece of play where he worked through a bit of traffic and got off a good kick to Higgo for a goal IIRC.

Higgins - thought he played well in patches. Seems much more at home sitting off the contest at the moment for mine, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We know he can go when he has too. Classy ball use the majority of the time.

Williams - thought he was OK on a pretty underdone Tredrea. Hopefully he can spend some time on either Roo or Pavlich next week and we can have a real close look.

Morris - star.

Out of the kids and fringe players:

Thought Addison was very good. A few very good tackles, he did a very clever knock on, made one howler off the boot where it looked like he changed his mind at the last second, kicking from the wing towards half forward. Besides that, impressive. I'd have him very close for Rd 1 based on that performance.

Hill - one who has booked his spot. His kicking was a little off, but he's just such a smooth mover and dangerous player. His defensive work was good and he won a lot of contested ball which was pleasing.

Everitt - did some very good things, and some ordinary things. At times looks to be lacking intensity. Wasn't really running in and trying to get involved off the wing (for the centre bounces), and seemed to dance around the edges of the contest and lose his man a bit. At the same time, did a few good things. Just needs to show that determination constantly, otherwise he's easily beaten. How good was his little tap down to Cooney when he went into the ruck towards the end of the game? I think it's certainly a role he can play against weaker ruck combinations.

Ward - struggled a bit for mine last night, and just seemed a step behind the action most of the time. Didn't get the bounce of the ball, but still showed a few good signs.

Roughead - not quite ready for consistent senior action. Needs to be a bit stronger in the air, and a bit quicker disposing of the ball and evaluating his options under pressure. Still though, another solid hit out and can certainly provide some decent coverage during the year.

Wood - showed some good signs, but was clearly under done. I didn't think he looked very quick out there, a few players were able to burn him off when I thought he would be able to chase them down. Like how he flies for marks, and tries to take the game on. Needs to work on his disposal though. I think he has a bit of work to do to before he's a serious contender for a spot in the 22. Promising though.

Mulligan - did a few OK things, but a bit hard to give an accurate evaluation based on his performance. At best he'll provide some coverage if worst case scenarios eventuate, but I think it's fair to say he's still a little while off senior footy. Hopefully a big year at FB for the B's.

And Barry Hall - wow. What a star! He is moving incredibly well, does all the right things, and looks like gobbling up everything that is sent in his direction. His pack mark was huge. As others have mentioned, we looked for him frequently, but he was often one on one and once he's in front, he's hard to stop. His sharing of the ball was a highlight, but hopefully he won't just handball to an unsuspecting player with 1 minute left on the clock, right in front, 3 points down again!

G-Mo77
06-03-2010, 10:56 AM
OK whats the deal with next week. Friday or Saturday game?

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Think it's Saturday because Channel 10 must be showing it as Fox has the St Kilda/Freo game tonight.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Should be a Saturday Night game..

G-Mo77
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Works out perfect!

I'm in the Gold Coast all week and get back on Friday late afternoon. It would have been a pain trying to get to the game (assuming it is in Vic)

Go_Dogs
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Works out perfect!

I'm in the Gold Coast all week and get back on Friday late afternoon. It would have been a pain trying to get to the game (assuming it is in Vic)

Let's all barrack for St Kilda tonight (except for mjp, Scragger and a few of the other WA guys, who I'm sure will be hoping it's in WA) so we don't have to travel.

Would the game be played at the MCG, or at Etihad?

divvydan
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Let's all barrack for St Kilda tonight (except for mjp, Scragger and a few of the other WA guys, who I'm sure will be hoping it's in WA) so we don't have to travel.

Would the game be played at the MCG, or at Etihad?

Etihad, cricket has control over the MCG and so no football will be played there until after the Sheffield Shield final (March 17-21) especially since it looks like Victoria will be in it and might be hosting.

Sockeye Salmon
06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll be shattered if it's Friday night, I get back from overseas Saturday lunchtime. It's going to be hard enough getting a trip to the footy approved by the senate after a week O/S.

mighty_west
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM

I actually have a wedding to goto on Saturday, but fortunatly it's an early one, reception at 2, surely i'm not expected to hang around a reception for 5 or 6 hours now!..:cool:

The Pie Man
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Just on our best 22 and tonight
- I think Hill suits being in the same side as Hall. As long as he is doing the right things on the track, he would be a lock in my 22.
- Picken hasn't looked during the NAB Cup but pre-season games aren't really made for taggers. He spent a fair bit of time on Sewell last time (correct me if I am wrong) and curbed him and I thought he did well on Pearce tonight. Considering the valuable role he plays and his attitude, I would have him as another lock.
- Ward, Everitt, Eagleton, Hahn and Moles would be battling for the final couple of spots in my best 22. I would only consider Eagle if he gets back to resembling full fitness. His strongest attribute is his elite running. I would have Ward and Moles in atm. Maybe playing for Willy in round 1 would be a good lesson for Ward.

Agree with almost all this post - I'd think Hahn would get a gig over Ward though, despite not doing too much last night. 3 weeks til round 1 which is an eternity in footy, but Moles must be firming for a senior debut.

While frustrating to watch at times, it was a good hit out - and I've still got McAvaney's words ringing in my ears as they walked off the ground...'so the Dogs are into the Grand Final' sounded better than saying cough NAB cup cough grand final.

The Coon Dog
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll be shattered if it's Friday night, I get back from overseas Saturday lunchtime. It's going to be hard enough getting a trip to the footy approved by the senate after a week O/S.

You have the numbers don't you?

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Its on Saturday Night.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Why is the final in Perth if Freo win? How is that decided?

The Coon Dog
06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Why is the final in Perth if Freo win? How is that decided?

Probably due to the Dockers playing away to North last week & away to S.Kilda this week. In that time we've had 2 games at Etihad. Seems reasonable to me. Wouldn't be fair if they had to travel 3 weeks in a row.

AndrewP6
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, I have to re-post this...I got all the way through posting last night, and then the Internet dropped out, and I couldn't get back to where I'd typed... so here goes:

It's a good thing it's only March, and only the Who Cares Cup (and now, WE CARE!), as we were in many ways, fortunate to get away with a win. Still, we're going to THE BIG DANCE! (Well, the March version anyway!). Some observations from my seat:

- Moles did some really good things, IMO. His willingness to take people on, and attack on the ball are great. Got himself into trouble a few times, but that should develop with more game time.
- Lake, as Dennis Cometti said on the replay, had an "interesting" night. Took a nice one-hander though.
- Great to see Coons and Griff having some good impact. Griff looked great streaming downfield, and a couple of terrific passes to Hall. Bodes well for a good season from both.
- Everitt was OK, as was Hill. If both can sustain efforts, and build on last night, it'll be good for the club.
- Our inaccuracy at times was disappointing. Yes, I know, it's only March, but players should slot a major from 30-odd meters out.
- given we took about a half to get going, i thought we managed to compose ourselves to grab the win
- Hall. You. Bloody. Legend. This bloke is delivering everything we got him for, and looks in terrific nick. Another great performance.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I actually have a wedding to goto on Saturday, but fortunatly it's an early one, reception at 2, surely i'm not expected to hang around a reception for 5 or 6 hours now!..:cool:

Who plans weddings during footy season...pfft silly people lol....

The Coon Dog
06-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Who plans weddings during footy season...pfft silly people lol....

One of the player's sisters gets married next weekend, be interesting to see how that one plays out. Wouldn't like him to Miss(y) the game eh?

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 02:38 PM
One of the player's sisters gets married next weekend, be interesting to see how that one plays out. Wouldn't like him to Miss(y) the game eh?

Silly silly girl hahaha....couldnt she change it to the week after hahaha.... we kind of need the number 7 out there....

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Anywhere i can get online footage of Barry's mark late in the last quarter?

EDIT: Just watched it on official afl site, great mark.

bornadog
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM

I am in Sydney the whole week and not back till Sunday night, so will miss it.

Sockeye Salmon
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
You have the numbers don't you?

Pfft. My vote doesn't even get counted.

The Coon Dog
06-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Pfft. My vote doesn't even get counted.

Just go straight from the Airport, worry about the grief later. ;)

Go_Dogs
06-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Just go straight from the Airport, worry about the grief later. ;)

Or perhaps your flight could be "delayed" a couple of hours.

EasternWest
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Anywhere i can get online footage of Barry's mark late in the last quarter?

EDIT: Just watched it on official afl site, great mark.

Yup. Read the write up in the hun this morning. When I saw the term "towering pack mark" I nearly cried with joy.

It wasn't quite towering, but it was a great display of concentration and will. And I'll take it!

AndrewP6
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I heard that Port had 19 on the field late in the game... anyone know anything about this??

jazzadogs
07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Yup. Read the write up in the hun this morning. When I saw the term "towering pack mark" I nearly cried with joy.

It wasn't quite towering, but it was a great display of concentration and will. And I'll take it!
Not to disrespect Barry, but if you look at the photos which were on the back page of the Herald Sun yesterday, the ball has gone through his hands. But Lake's hand are behind his, which stop the ball, then Barry presumably grabs it away from Lake...so if Lake hadn't been there, we most probably wouldn't be praising Barry's big mark :P he still had a great game though.

Perhaps that's why he thought that handballing it off would be a nice idea?

ledge
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Weddings are usually during the day, Im sure he can sneak out at the reception :D

AndrewP6
07-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Not to disrespect Barry, but if you look at the photos which were on the back page of the Herald Sun yesterday, the ball has gone through his hands. But Lake's hand are behind his, which stop the ball, then Barry presumably grabs it away from Lake...so if Lake hadn't been there, we most probably wouldn't be praising Barry's big mark :P he still had a great game though.

Party Pooper... ;)

Before I Die
07-03-2010, 02:30 PM

I don't agree. Still photgraphs can be very deceiving. I have watched the mark a number of times and it is clearly a Hall grab. Lake's hands hardly touch the ball. However, if Barry hadn't been there it is most likely that Lake would have taken the mark as no Port player has their hands anywhere near it.

Having said that, I am very glad Barry was on the spot, and I am happy we have him in the team. I was one of the "we don't want Barry brigade", and I am oh so happy to be proven wrong.

Hotdog60
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Having said that, I am very glad Barry was on the spot, and I am happy we have him in the team. I was one of the "we don't want Barry brigade", and I am oh so happy to be proven wrong.

I was too, my concern with Barry was just his age. Soft tissue stuff, but he looks in good nick and I hope he stays that way.

After the last couple of matches I quite prepared to eat my words and jump on the BBB ban wagon.:D

comrade
07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
However, if Barry hadn't been there it is most likely that Lake would have taken the mark as no Port player has their hands anywhere near it.

Not so sure about that. As good as his marking is in defence, he never seems to clunk them when pushed forward (the infamous Richmond game not withstanding).

Great mark by Barry - I've watched it 4 or 5 times already.

AndrewP6
07-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Not so sure about that. As good as his marking is in defence, he never seems to clunk them when pushed forward (the infamous Richmond game not withstanding).

Great mark by Barry - I've watched it 4 or 5 times already.

Ditto...

Side note, watching the replay, it reminded me of seeing the interchange goings-on after I moved at half time. Quite amusing watching the steward frantically counting and recounting the bench players at various stages, trying to avoid the dreaded penalty.

Perhaps he could go in Rocco Jones' "Under the Pump" thread...

mighty_west
08-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Ditto...

Side note, watching the replay, I was reminded me of seeing the interchange goings-on after I moved at half time. Quite amusing watching the steward frantically counting and recounting the bench players at various stages, trying to avoid the dreaded penalty.

Perhaps he could go in Rocco Jones' "Under the Pump" thread...

I wonder if he had the post-it notes out....:p

Just watching the replay reminded me of an incident that took place pretty much in front of us, and Aker pushing Kane Cornes in the chest, was only a slight push, but he fell over like a sack of spuds.

Now, if he pushed him over with force, it probably should have been a free to Kane, however, and watching how easily Kane went over, he's either a weak little fella, or, he could get charged.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-acts-to-stamp-out-diving/story-e6frf9jf-1225826089992

Let's see what takes place, i'm tipping nothing will happen!

AndrewP6
08-03-2010, 03:18 AM
I wonder if he had the post-it notes out....:p

Actually, I'm pretty sure I did see them in his hand...