PDA

View Full Version : Should Johnno play this week.

bornadog
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
If he is ready to resume, wouldn't it be better for him to play in the final of the NAB Cup rather than for Willi?

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I think so. But I guess it all depends of how close he is. I think if he started - played for 2 and a bit quarters - then sub him off.

Mantis
09-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I thought the plan was for him to play this week for us and then for Williamstown the following week in the lead up to rd 1?

I would play him as a sub and bring him on at half time when a bit of the sting had gone out of the contest, but in reality it will probably be a pretty willing battle for the duration so I guess the timing issue won't come into it.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
He ain't playing this week or for quite a few weeks i've been hearing :(

Hope that's not the case.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Will miss this week and possibly Rnd 1. Calf tightness so the club is playing it safe Rocket said on the radio this arvo!

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Poor people have already bought tickets to Collingwood Rnd1 expecting Johnno to play in his 350th..
Now its probs gonna be against Richmond..

chef
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Poor people have already bought tickets to Collingwood Rnd1 expecting Johnno to play in his 350th..
Now its probs gonna be against Richmond..

Some of us have even organised time off work to make it to this special occasion:o, but hey it's not all bad I still get to see the Doggies play.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Some of us have even organised time off work to make it to this special occasion:o, but hey it's not all bad I still get to see the Doggies play.

Yep, likewise both my wife and I booked our flights and accommodation in January, thinking Johnno's 350th would be the perfect occasion for our annual trip to Melbourne. Ironic that the most durable player of the last 15 years, will now more than likely miss the one game we all want him to play in.

Anyhow it will still be fantastic to be in what should be a packed stadium, hopefully giving The Filth a good hiding!!!

DOG GOD
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
It said on the news here that he would be back round 3... for my sake i hope so as i'm flying over for the match coz i couldnt get cheap accommodation for rd 1 due to the grand prix :)

The Adelaide Connection
10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I am flying over too but had a feeling a few weeks ago that he would end up missing, but Johnnos 350th would have just been a bonus on what should be a great season opener.

On the massive upside, the Collingwood game would have sold out anyway. If he does come back for round 3 it might change a good crowd to another sellout. Do we get any extra carrots for bigger crowd numbers?