PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Round 1 is a sell out

gohardorgohome
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey everyone...

Is it just me or is round one a sell out already.....Its terrible that so many doggies members will miss out on Johnnos 350th against the the inbred twin heads....

I'm a social club member that doesnt get a seat because I go to the footy with lots of different people......I cant get a ticket when I try to book almost two weeks out of the game...

It should have been at the MCG....

Bumper Bulldogs
09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey everyone...

Is it just me or is round one a sell out already.....Its terrible that so many doggies members will miss out on Johnnos 350th against the the inbred twin heads....

I'm a social club member that doesnt get a seat because I go to the footy with lots of different people......I cant get a ticket when I try to book almost two weeks out of the game...

I have a family ticket that will not be in use, the wife wants a holiday!

Yes I know it is very poor taste!

Well part of getting married was she now supports the dogs. I have offered these to my brother but he has not yet committed, we sit at the players race level one 2 rows from the front.

Let me know if you have no luck as we could perhaps work something out.

The Coon Dog
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
GA tickets don't go on sale until Friday 12 March. I reckon there's a fair chance they might sell out real quick then.

I'm pretty sure members can buy their tickets (need to supply barcode) now online.

Aker 39 will know, spoke to him today after he'd been on the phone to the boffins at Ticketmaster HQ.

hujsh
09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
So I've got to buy a ticket on top of my membership to get in?

The Underdog
09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone...

Yeah I just tried to get a single ticket with my membership and it's coming up with nothing.

The Adelaide Connection
09-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't understand this at all. So far we only have 25,000 members and it is our home game, so how could there possibly be no tickets left for Bulldogs members trying to get them?

Shouldn't EVERY member have access to a seat and then the rest get sold off for the general public/Collingwood members?

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Ticketmaster have been stuffing things up all week, so it's probably just another mistake to add to the list..

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 10:37 PM
As far as i know this is a non ticketed game, meaning members cant get reserve seats on lv three you just have to rock up on the day early untill the ground is full. They may have sold out of the lvl 1 and 2 seats and as these are the only way to upgrade a non ticketed member, untill the day you wont be able to get a reserve ticket.

The Coon Dog
09-03-2010, 10:44 PM
As far as i know this is a non ticketed game, meaning members cant get reserve seats on lv three you just have to rock up on the day early untill the ground is full. They may have sold out of the lvl 1 and 2 seats and as these are the only way to upgrade a non ticketed member, untill the day you wont be able to get a reserve ticket.

General Admission tickets go on sale on Friday 12 March.

Remi Moses
09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't understand this at all. So far we only have 25,000 members and it is our home game, so how could there possibly be no tickets left for Bulldogs members trying to get them?

Shouldn't EVERY member have access to a seat and then the rest get sold off for the general public/Collingwood members?

Total agreement I'm like a previous poster a social club member with G/A . I pay enough already to watch the footy be buggered if I'm going to shell out more coin:mad::mad:

KT31
09-03-2010, 11:54 PM

What a joke.
How many perspective members will we lose, when told at the marquee that if they purchase membership the still can't get into the ground.

strebla
10-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I have a family ticket that will not be in use, the wife wants a holiday!

Yes I know it is very poor taste!

Well part of getting married was she now supports the dogs. I have offered these to my brother but he has not yet committed, we sit at the players race level one 2 rows from the front.

Let me know if you have no luck as we could perhaps work something out.

Thats where i sit BB are you goalside of the race or further in the pocket I also have 3 seats on the fence!!:)

Chicago1
10-03-2010, 01:18 AM
This is what confuses me. How can the club sell me a membership and then tell me that I can't get into the ground? I had no idea the set up was now like this. I still don't understand what the General Admission tickets being sold on Friday means. The Ticketmaster site said that reserved seats would be sold Tuesday starting at 9am and I was online exactly at 9am your time and nothing came up. What exactly will the General Admission ticket get me if I am able to purchase one on Friday? Wouldn't that be the same as the allotment for the game on my Bulldogs membership? If I would have known it was going to be impossible to see the Round 1 game, I wouldn't have bothered to fly out for it.

Flamethrower
10-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Only the reserved seats on levels 1 and 2 are sold out.

Level 3 reserved seating (rows A to G) and general admission (rows H and up) goes on sale at 9am on Friday 12th. If you have a WB membership without a reserved seat you do not need to also purchase a GA ticket. I would recommend that members without reserved seating buy a seat on Friday, as it guarantees entry. Otherwise entry is subject to capacity.

Chicago1
10-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks for that Flamethrower. I just replied to your post about the seating on BF. So if I can't get in online to get a reserved seat on L3 on Friday, then my Bulldogs membership will get me into the ground? I'd just have to get there early to get a seat? That makes more sense. It sure was easier being a Bulldogs member when only 9000 or so showed up for a match. I just had a look at the stats and my last year living in Melbourne(1999) we only had 15000 show up to two matches at Princes Park. Damn. I'm beginning to talk like my late father about how things were much better in "the old days". :p

gohardorgohome
10-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Does this mean that if I get to the ground early and use my membership ticket I will get in. It seems stupid that I would have to buy a general admission ticket if I am a member.

aker39
10-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Level 3 reserved seating (rows A to G) and general admission (rows H and up) goes on sale at 9am on Friday 12th. If you have a WB membership without a reserved seat you do not need to also purchase a GA ticket. I would recommend that members without reserved seating buy a seat on Friday, as it guarantees entry. Otherwise entry is subject to capacity.

This is correct. The AFL have upgraded this game to a Level 3 Premium Seating (not a fully ticketed game)

Members have 2 options.

Upgrade to a reserve seat on Level 3, rows A to G (I think this will cost about $15), or turn up (early) on the day and look for a seat on Level 3 from row H up.

Greystache
10-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I've had a reserved seat with my family for about 20 years, but because I tend to go to the footy with a group of mates, I nearly always just sit in general admin section. There's never been a time I couldn't get a seat regardless of who we play and what time I get there. So members don't need to fret too much, if you don't want to buy a reserved seat you don't need to, you'll just have to wade through the upper decks to find a spare seat.

The earlier you get there that better, especially if you're a bit particular about where you want to sit, are in a large group, or don't like the confrontation of asking people to move down, but last year against Collingwood (the first game), I was running late from work and two of us got there after the game started and still found seats at the top of level 3 easily enough.

Mantis
10-03-2010, 11:41 AM
The earlier you get there that better, especially if you're a bit particular about where you want to sit, are in a large group, or don't like the confrontation of asking people to move down, but last year against Collingwood (the first game), I was running late from work and two of us got there after the game started and still found seats at the top of level 3 easily enough.

I have a feeling the 'Full House' sign might go up about an hour or so before this one starts.

KT31
10-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Make much more sense.

Go_Dogs
10-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, Johnson now appears to be out for Rd 1. Must say, that makes me a little bit happy as I would not have been able to get there for the match, and hopefully now I'll get to see his 350th. Yes, I'm a selfish bastard. ;)

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, Johnson now appears to be out for Rd 1. Must say, that makes me a little bit happy as I would not have been able to get there for the match, and hopefully now I'll get to see his 350th. Yes, I'm a selfish bastard. ;)

Being a bit selfish myself - im gutted that Johnno wont be playing his 350th in Round 1, i am flying back from overseas for that weekend just to watch the game! Either way - as long as we beat those ferals, i wont mind too much!!!

Happy Days
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
So if you do have a reserved seat then there's no need to buy a ticket?

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 03:35 PM
So if you do have a reserved seat then there's no need to buy a ticket?

That's correct, if you have a Bulldogs reserved seat you can just turn up on the day and sit in your seat. :)

Happy Days
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
That's correct, if you have a Bulldogs reserved seat you can just turn up on the day and sit in your seat. :)

Thanks Suz :)

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 05:46 PM
2 points I want to make. About this ticketed event. Last year when we played the bombers it was a ticketed event and an away game for us. I had an home and away membership expecting I could still get into the ground but my card didn't scan and was told to go to the ticket window and get a printed ticket to be able to get into the ground. Which I did and which I also found pretty silly. It was a standing room only ticket.

Next point. Mate at work is a collingwood member and he gets a reserved seat to all collingwoods home and away games in melbourne! Wish the bulldogs did that.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 06:19 PM
2 points I want to make. About this ticketed event. Last year when we played the bombers it was a ticketed event and an away game for us. I had an home and away membership expecting I could still get into the ground but my card didn't scan and was told to go to the ticket window and get a printed ticket to be able to get into the ground. Which I did and which I also found pretty silly. It was a standing room only ticket.

Next point. Mate at work is a collingwood member and he gets a reserved seat to all collingwoods home and away games in melbourne! Wish the bulldogs did that.

I remember a few years back before I had a reserved seat, trying to get into a Bulldogs V Essendon game at Telstra Dome (BULLDOGS home game) on my Adult 11 general membership & having to line up well into the 2nd quarter to get a 'paper ticket' for level 3 (at no extra cost to me) just to get through the gate to where I was going to stand on level 1 anyway!! Needless to say, after that I always checked what the deal was, until I got a reserved seat. It's a frustrating system. :rolleyes:

Remi Moses
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I remember a few years back before I had a reserved seat, trying to get into a Bulldogs V Essendon game at Telstra Dome (BULLDOGS home game) on my Adult 11 general membership & having to line up well into the 2nd quarter to get a 'paper ticket' for level 3 (at no extra cost to me) just to get through the gate to where I was going to stand on level 1 anyway!! Needless to say, after that I always checked what the deal was, until I got a reserved seat. It's a frustrating system. :rolleyes:

It's been happening since day 1 when we play The Bombres home or away we have to purchase a general admin ticket. yes wait in line to purchase a FREE TICKET to attend our HOME GAME. :eek:

Dry Rot
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Being a bit selfish myself - im gutted that Johnno wont be playing his 350th in Round 1, i am flying back from overseas for that weekend just to watch the game! Either way - as long as we beat those ferals, i wont mind too much!!!

The Swans and IIRC Hall have a poor record v Pies in recent years. Now with our delivery, Mr Hall can settle an old score.

Watching Hall kick 8 on debut will be a good compensation.

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Hence why I'm Premiership Gold.
Guaranteed seat at home games Equates to $50 per month or 2 home games at $25 each.
BTW footy is 12 months of the year for me if you get my drift

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
For the Collingwood game in Round 1 I'm sitting Level One, Aisle 11.

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
The Swans and IIRC Hall have a poor record v Pies in recent years. Now with our delivery, Mr Hall can settle an old score.

Dry Rot - couldnt agree with you more. Just watching any kind of win would make the trip worthwhile. I only get 2-3 games a year, so i need to make the most of them.

FYI - The number of Bulldogs members in Indonesia is growing by the year. Last year was 3, now we are up to 8.

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Im sitting in my reserved seat on level 2 aisle 39 :D

Bumper Bulldogs
11-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Thats where i sit BB are you goalside of the race or further in the pocket I also have 3 seats on the fence!!:)

As the players run out I'm on their right hand side.

hujsh
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Seeing him beat Presti would be very encouraging.

Chicago1
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I found out through a reliable source that Ticketmaster mistakenly offered reserved seats on Level 1 (not sure about Level 2) on Monday, a day before they were advertised to be available. That's why I was able to get into the site. If I would have known it was going to be this hard to get a seat I would have grabbed the one I had on Monday. Hopefully I can get a Level 3 reserved seat when(IF) they open up in 40 minutes. Ticketmaster is the biggest stuff up of any ticket agency here. My brother, nephew and I hate them with a passion.

Whatever happened to Bass where I used to get tickets at my local Myer? Is that only used in South Australia now? I knew a woman who worked at the Myer Doncaster branch. She got me Grand Final tickets in 1993 and 1994. I found out later that she used to get tickets like that for many of her favorite customers. God bless her!

Yay! Got my reserved seat! I chose best available and it came up Level 3 but I don't care. At least that's one less worry I'll have for the long trip. Just 10 more sleeps...

Bulldog4life
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Whatever happened to Bass where I used to get tickets at my local Myer? Is that only used in South Australia now? I knew a woman who worked at the Myer Doncaster branch. She got me Grand Final tickets in 1993 and 1994. I found out later that she used to get tickets like that for many of her favorite customers. God bless her!

Yay! Got my reserved seat! I chose best available and it came up Level 3 but I don't care. At least that's one less worry I'll have for the long trip. Just 10 more sleeps...

Maybe that's why they closed it down.:D

Chicago1
12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe that's why they closed it down.:D

:D She got me a standing room ticket for 1993. The week after the GF I brought her flowers to thank her. She told me that she'd get me a seat for the next year, 1994, and she did! She asked me where I wanted to sit. I always liked the top deck of the Northern Stand, so she put me in the system as a West Coast member and got the ticket for me. I'm not sure exactly how she did it. I guess things were looser with details back then. She told me to show up at Bass the afternoon the tickets for West Coast members were being sold and ask for my "ballet" tickets. :p That was my last Grand Final. She retired a few months later. She was a Saints supporter so could share my frustration of watching other teams play in Grand Finals. It's memories like this that bring a smile to my face when they come to mind.

Cyberdoggie
12-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Lucky devil!

anywhere on level 2 (preferably down the front) is a fantastic seat to sit in.

As i'm a pleb again this year with a standard non-reserved seat membership. I was forced to buy a ticket for this game (didn't want to miss out on the day).
Waited for today's level 3 reserve release and it wouldn't give me any seats.
Managed to get level 1 aisle 23 (near dogs cheersquad) so not too bad.

Notice how they never make the games fully ticketed at ES anymore?
I think they make far more money by scarring people into purchasing a reserved seat.
If you have to worry about getting there early or having to sit up the back, then you are more likely to purchase a reserved seat. So they make the first 10 or so rows on level 3 reserved and screw you over.
If it was fully ticketed then ticketmaster just gets your booking fee and you get regular entry guarenteed without having to spend more on a reserved seat.

My bet is they will never release fully ticketed events there again unless it's a final.
:mad:

samr
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Notice how they never make the games fully ticketed at ES anymore?
I think they make far more money by scarring people into purchasing a reserved seat.
If you have to worry about getting there early or having to sit up the back, then you are more likely to purchase a reserved seat. So they make the first 10 or so rows on level 3 reserved and screw you over.
If it was fully ticketed then ticketmaster just gets your booking fee and you get regular entry guarenteed without having to spend more on a reserved seat.

My bet is they will never release fully ticketed events there again unless it's a final.
:mad:

I am a general admin member coming down from sydney for the game. I just purchased a gen admin ticket online so I don't have to get there hours before the game to scan in. My understanding is that if i have a membership I need to be there before the house full sign goes up? It would be nice if I could have used my membership barcode on the ticketmaster site to print out a gen admin ticket for free and guarantee my entry. They just got $24 out of me.

The Underdog
12-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I am a general admin member coming down from sydney for the game. I just purchased a gen admin ticket online so I don't have to get there hours before the game to scan in. My understanding is that if i have a membership I need to be there before the house full sign goes up? It would be nice if I could have used my membership barcode on the ticketmaster site to print out a gen admin ticket for free and guarantee my entry. They just got $24 out of me.

Yep it's ****ing extortion.
I bought a level 3 seat by my damn self. Hope none of my friends decide they want to go with me.

aker39
12-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Lucky devil!

Waited for today's level 3 reserve release and it wouldn't give me any seats.
Managed to get level 1 aisle 23 (near dogs cheersquad) so not too bad.

**** you ticketmaster.

I wanted tickets on Level 1, and all week it has said that they are sold out. I checked again this morning before I purchased level 3 tickets and it still said sold out, so I settled for level 3 tickets. After reading your post I went and checked out ticketmaster, and there you are 10 seats together in Aisle 23 on level 1.

LostDoggy
12-03-2010, 04:59 PM
**** you ticketmaster.

I wanted tickets on Level 1, and all week it has said that they are sold out. I checked again this morning before I purchased level 3 tickets and it still said sold out, so I settled for level 3 tickets. After reading your post I went and checked out ticketmaster, and there you are 10 seats together in Aisle 23 on level 1.

Bastards. :mad:

Chicago1
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
F'n bastards! I got in right at 9am and put in 1 ticket any price best available and I got a Level 3 seat for $38(I'm not a member yet.) I just tried the same thing again and got
L1 23
M
PRICE CATEGORY TWO
LEVEL 1

for a total of $50. So for $12 more I could have sat on Level 1. My hatred for Ticketmaster now extends to Ticketmaster on both our continents.

LostDoggy
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
THey should offer on TM an actual seating plan and click what seat you want, like if you book online tickets for the movies

and dw, same thing happened with me for tomorrows game. I get Row B but didn't have my CC ready, had to re-do it then got Row G.......!!!!

aker39
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Looks like ticketmaster aren't that big of pricks after all. (Well maybe just little pricks)

I just rang ticketmaster and explained the situation, and the very nice gentleman swapped my Level 3 seats over to Level 1 and is sending the new tickets to me as we speak.

Chicago1
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Looks like ticketmaster aren't that big of pricks after all. (Well maybe just little pricks)

I just rang ticketmaster and explained the situation, and the very nice gentleman swapped my Level 3 seats over to Level 1 and is sending the new tickets to me as we speak.

So... you wanna call 'em for me too? ;)

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but my wife & I are AFL members (Western Bulldogs), and when I go to buy a reserved seat it comes up with "no tickets matching your request" whenever I log in with our barcodes. If I try reserved seating, it charges full price - shouldn't be charging the extra cost over and above the entry fee, as I'm a paid up member?

The Coon Dog
14-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but my wife & I are AFL members (Western Bulldogs), and when I go to buy a reserved seat it comes up with "no tickets matching your request" whenever I log in with our barcodes. If I try reserved seating, it charges full price - shouldn't be charging the extra cost over and above the entry fee, as I'm a paid up member?

Same problem I had with my nephew.

aker39
14-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Same problem I had with my nephew.

Are they afl members or western bulldog members

firstdogonthemoon
14-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I can't get a ticket either. This is bad.

AndrewP6
14-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I can't get tickets online, as I need to book a wheelchair bay. Should I just try and rock up early? Hard to sit on hold when I'm at work.

The Coon Dog
14-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Are they afl members or western bulldog members

Western Bulldogs

firstdogonthemoon
15-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I got a ticket! Had to call ticketmaster on the phone - cost $30

it is a disgrace that a 16 game membership that doesn't have a reserved seat,

does not guarantee me a seat and requires me to pay another $30

I would not mind if it was either - but not both

w3design
15-03-2010, 12:18 PM
The doggies should have made the game fully ticketed. Apparently there was a small release of tickets on Friday (first 6 rows of Level 3) that were snapped up very quickly. There may be another release of tickets from the club but at the moment the only tickets available are general admission. The only way to get into the ground at present for members are to buy a general admission ticket (at a modest discount) or to get there early on the day. Or at least that was my understanding after being on hold for half an hour at Ticketmaster.

I'm not happy, Jan.

aker39
15-03-2010, 05:23 PM
The doggies should have made the game fully ticketed.

Unfortunately I don't think it's the bulldogs decision.

But just to rub it in, I got an email saying that the Round 3 St Kilda game against Collingwood has been made a fully ticketed game.

LostDoggy
15-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I got a ticket! Had to call ticketmaster on the phone - cost $30

it is a disgrace that a 16 game membership that doesn't have a reserved seat,

does not guarantee me a seat and requires me to pay another $30

I would not mind if it was either - but not both

I'm a little confused. So those with 11 or 16 game (no seat) memberships aren't entitled to a general admission ticket (say on level 3) at a small booking fee cost? Or did you have to pay $30 for a reserved seat? And is that the full price or an 'upgrade'?

choconmientay
15-03-2010, 06:37 PM
F'n bastards! I got in right at 9am and put in 1 ticket any price best available and I got a Level 3 seat for $38(I'm not a member yet.) I just tried the same thing again and got
L1 23
M
PRICE CATEGORY TWO
LEVEL 1

for a total of $50. So for $12 more I could have sat on Level 1. My hatred for Ticketmaster now extends to Ticketmaster on both our continents.

Come on mate. Get on board. We need everyone to be there :) Like your avatar said ... "THIS year is THE year! "

azabob
15-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Come on mate. Get on board. We need everyone to be there :) Like your avatar said ... "THIS year is THE year! "

From what I understand Chicago 1 is a member each year, as he lives in Chicago he returns to melbourne for the start of the season and to purchase a membership.

Aparently he has been doing this for a very very long time.

Topdog
15-03-2010, 06:43 PM

He signs up when he arrives in Melbourne every year.

choconmientay
15-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks bobmurphy & topdog. Sorry Chicago. I missed all that but I am so excited this year :) I keep telling everyone around me to sign up so ... I am on a roll :)

Chicago1
15-03-2010, 06:57 PM
He signs up when he arrives in Melbourne every year.

This. :D In the years I do not make it to Melbourne, I renew online. Renewing when I'm in Melbourne is part of a tradition of signing up in person which dates to 1977.

If I would have known that it was going to cost me more for a reserved seat being a nonmember at the time of booking, I would have renewed online earlier. In fact I had planned on getting Social Club so I'd have it for the two home games I'll be in Melbourne for, but I was too late. I didn't pay enough attention to the footy while I was keeping an eye on air fares for two months. I guess I'm just not used to being a supporter of a popular(and winning) footy team. However, it's growing on me! :p

No worries, choconmientay. You didn't know my traditions. I have a hell of a lot more of them!

LostDoggy
15-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Times like these are when im stoked to have a reserved seat when we get home games against teams like Collingwood, StKilda, Essendon @ Etihad as its a pain if you have to organise tickets!

choconmientay
15-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Renewing when I'm in Melbourne is part of a tradition of signing up in person which dates to 1977.

No worries, choconmientay. You didn't know my traditions. I have a hell of a lot more of them!

Do you pass on any traditions to your next ... next ... next generations ? If you do, it would be nice to documented it somehow :)

w3design
15-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm a little confused. So those with 11 or 16 game (no seat) memberships aren't entitled to a general admission ticket (say on level 3) at a small booking fee cost? Or did you have to pay $30 for a reserved seat? And is that the full price or an 'upgrade'?

That's exactly right. I spent half an hour on hold to Ticketmaster to learn that fantastic news. I'm going to turn up early with the family and then grab passouts. That is unless I can pick up some tickets before then, through a club release. I just hope that the game doesn't sell out before gameday.

LostDoggy
16-03-2010, 12:43 PM
You shouldn't have to pay anything extra if you have a general admission membership to sit on level 3. Regardless if it's fully ticketed or not.

Topdog
16-03-2010, 03:23 PM
You shouldn't have to pay anything extra if you have a general admission membership to sit on level 3. Regardless if it's fully ticketed or not.

If it is fully ticketed you have to pay a booking fee of about $3.

jazzadogs
16-03-2010, 04:05 PM
A word of warning to anyone with concession tickets/hoping to sneak in on a child's ticket.

The ticket machines at Etihad have changed, so that big screens above the gates flash different colours depending on the ticket type. If it is a concession or child ticket, a security guard will ask to check your concession card/ID. They only check children if it looks dubious.

I wasn't expecting this on Saturday night, luckily had my student ID with me.

Cyberdoggie
16-03-2010, 04:58 PM
A word of warning to anyone with concession tickets/hoping to sneak in on a child's ticket.

The ticket machines at Etihad have changed, so that big screens above the gates flash different colours depending on the ticket type. If it is a concession or child ticket, a security guard will ask to check your concession card/ID. They only check children if it looks dubious.

Yes and i believe they also have machines on level 2, so you can't sneak your friends into the reserved seat areas anymore

aker39
16-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Did they ask you to show ID

LostDoggy
16-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Just spoke to a lady at ticketmaster & she said it isn't a fully ticketed match, she said my 11 game GA membership would get me into the game no worries. She told me that i didn't need to get an allocated seat, unless i was buying a reserved seat, which they're sold out of. She said i can enter with my membership & sit anywhere in Level 3.

jazzadogs
16-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Did they ask you to show ID

Sure did. I didn't have a bag so I was just strolling straight through, then he stopped me and asked me to show my concession card.

Just spoke to a lady at ticketmaster & she said it isn't a fully ticketed match, she said my 11 game GA membership would get me into the game no worries. She told me that i didn't need to get an allocated seat, unless i was buying a reserved seat, which they're sold out of. She said i can enter with my membership & sit anywhere in Level 3.

Anywhere on level 3 except the front 11 or so rows, and you'd want to get there pretty early to get in 'no worries'. Because GA memberships only allow entry subject to capacity, so if it sells out/fills up, you won't be able to get in.

LostDoggy
16-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Anywhere on level 3 except the front 11 or so rows, and you'd want to get there pretty early to get in 'no worries'. Because GA memberships only allow entry subject to capacity, so if it sells out/fills up, you won't be able to get in.

Will be there very early :)

craigsahibee
16-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Level 2 Aisle 28 Row B Sear 56.