PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Hahn?

Dry Rot
13-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Who will replace Hahn in Round 1? Big bummer - he's looked sharp this pre-season.

How long does a broken cheekbone keep you out?

FrediKanoute
13-03-2010, 10:28 PM
The Doc on MMM says about 6 weeks. Big loss, but we are going to have to cope with losing players during the season. Big opportunity for someone like Everitt to step up. Anyway, they way Bazza is playing.........

Dry Rot
13-03-2010, 10:36 PM
The Doc on MMM says about 6 weeks. Big loss, but we are going to have to cope with losing players during the season. Big opportunity for someone like Everitt to step up. Anyway, they way Bazza is playing.........

I honestly can't recall him playing so consistently well at the Swans.

Rance Fan
13-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Real shame about Hahn, alot here were writing him off. He was near our best on ground til he got cunched.
A real courageous, tough hard worker who will be back and will flourish. He will be back earlier than 6 weeks, id expect that from him. No number 1 key defender on him now...look forward to having him back out there.

BulldogBelle
13-03-2010, 10:52 PM
****. A frustrating injury. Contrary to what the majority seem to believe, Hahn is a fantastic, massively contributing player player for our club and to see that injury, see him being transported off and realising he wont be there in the team photo was absolutely devastating. I have to admit I was angry at Hall at the time of the incident. I got over it though. (no wonder why)

But Hahn bleeds RW&B, and I'm so devastated for him right now. Every team has their injuries I guess, but his was particularly brutal.

Keepa Movin' Griff
13-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I was one who really thought we should have traded him at the end of last year, i didn't see the tenacity he used to show. That being said tonight his pressure and intencity was as good as i've seen in years, very courageous, hope he gets well soon.

stefoid
13-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Funny how the football fashion wheel has turned to favour Mitch , now that the emphasis is on pressuring the opposition. What is the difference between, say, Kirk and Hahn except for Kirk played for Roos' Swans?

Dry Rot
13-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Funny how the football fashion wheel has turned to favour Mitch , now that the emphasis is on pressuring the opposition. What is the difference between, say, Kirk and Hahn except for Kirk played for Roos' Swans?

You obviously haven't seen many Swans games. FWIW and being objective, Kirk has been far more consistent and always delivers in big games.

Both are damned hard, but one is more consistent than the other.

Cue abusive one eyed posts...

LostDoggy
13-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Real shame about Hahn, alot here were writing him off. He was near our best on ground til he got cunched.
A real courageous, tough hard worker who will be back and will flourish. He will be back earlier than 6 weeks, id expect that from him. No number 1 key defender on him now...look forward to having him back out there.
I think BOG might be some wishful thinking but he was damn good. Still can't figure out how he can miss a set shot but nail a 9 pointer.

Jasper
13-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Who will replace Hahn in Round 1? Big bummer - he's looked sharp this pre-season.

What about keeping Everitt as a tall mobile forward?

bulldogsman
13-03-2010, 11:53 PM
If he's got a fractured cheek bone Cox and Archer have both played with one, can't see why Hahn can't.

divvydan
14-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe he can come back with a little protective headgear. Possibly something like this;

http://www.halloween-mask.com/Alvarez/hannibal_alv.jpg

*Apologies to anyone freaked out unless you're one of Hahn's opponents.

Dry Rot
14-03-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.halloween-mask.com/Alvarez/hannibal_alv.jpg

That's what Gibson and Dawson saw in the NAB Cup.

AndrewP6
14-03-2010, 12:08 AM

Or 4 if it's "just" a fractured cheekbone.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 12:24 AM
May we wish you a speedy recovery Mitch, superb effort tonight

comrade
14-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Someone has to replace Johnson, also.

Higgins may stay in the forward 50 for the first few weeks, with Moles to come in to the midfield.

I'd also like to see Jones put his hand up - a couple of weeks beside Baz would be fantastic for him.

hujsh
14-03-2010, 12:36 AM
You obviously haven't seen many Swans games. FWIW and being objective, Kirk has been far more consistent and always delivers in big games.

Hard to argue with your points. Plenty here were not happy with Hahn last year anyway and would probably go further than you have.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 01:31 AM
I honestly can't recall him playing so consistently well at the Swans.

I know....Agree! He's well and truely at home here at the Dogs and it shows. I love his smiles and he just look slike he's having so much fun. A pleasure to watch our BBB :D

Poor Hahn, Ouch! Seb was so worried about him, especially when we saw him being walked to the ambulance :eek: Big bumer! :(

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Mitch was looking bloody good tonight & all pre season, feel so sorry for him.

Time for Everitt & co to step up, which i think they can.

lemmon
14-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Maybe Moles or Addison move onto a half forward flank to provide the defensive pressure that we're going to miss with Hahn out?

divvydan
14-03-2010, 03:13 AM
Eade in post match press conference said it's a cracked eye socket and could be as little as 2 weeks but they'll know after the operation which I gather was either already tonight or early tomorrow. He said if there's more damage than that it might be 3-4 weeks or so.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I think Hill and Everitt will come in to replace Hahn and Johnno from last years prelim team, hall to take welsh spot and Williams to take Tim Callans spot

chef
14-03-2010, 07:30 AM
I think Hill and Everitt will come in to replace Hahn and Johnno from last years prelim team, hall to take welsh spot and Williams to take Tim Callans spot

And Moles to take Eagletons spot.

stefoid
14-03-2010, 07:46 AM

Arrrr, yee be pulling me wooden leg, matey!

Im saying Hahn would have thrived in Kirks role/envionment where the main objective was to put continual pressure on the opposition and force the game into a series of stoppages.

Had Kirk played as a forward for the dogs, his career might have been a bit different.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 09:34 AM
And Moles to take Eagletons spot.

Agree but if the Eagle is ok i think Rocket will give him first crack, Moles might take wards spot if his groin does not come up

Go_Dogs
14-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Agree but if the Eagle is ok i think Rocket will give him first crack, Moles might take wards spot if his groin does not come up

I tend to agree Eagleton has the credits in the bank.

A lot of blokes to fit into the side though, and someone has to be unlucky.

Ward and Picken may both be contenders for that unlucky person. Maybe even both of them.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 11:46 AM
For once The club has a dilema as to who to use to replace and injured player.
For once we have finally got some depth in our team.
Every player seems to be giving their best and more, and I for one don't know who to use.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Lets stick to football discussion.

cinder
14-03-2010, 12:56 PM
A real shame about Hahn, such a tough solid player. Fingers crossed he recovers well.

divvydan
14-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Eade in post match press conference said it's a cracked eye socket and could be as little as 2 weeks but they'll know after the operation which I gather was either already tonight or early tomorrow. He said if there's more damage than that it might be 3-4 weeks or so.

SEN reporting that he didn't need surgery, will return to training this week and is still a chance of lining up for Round One.

Bulldog4life
14-03-2010, 01:42 PM
SEN reporting that he didn't need surgery, will return to training this week and is still a chance of lining up for Round One.

That's great news if correct. Makes it even harder to pick the team for round one if Mitch is available.

mighty_west
14-03-2010, 01:46 PM

That would be great news.

Watching the replay, it just looked hidious, his face was a mess, it could have been as bad as Hirdy's injury that time, the poor bugger struggled to walk to the ambulance.

Do you think opposition defenders or rucks will take notice, and what could happen if standing in Bazza'a way, trying to cut off his lead? Not on purpose off course, but he crashes a pack like no other, and poor old Mitchy copped the full force of it.

The Doctor
14-03-2010, 01:47 PM
If Hahn doesn't make it to round 1, I like the idea of Addison coming in to replace him. He won't have Hahn's pack busting power or marking but he will at least contest hard and apply plenty of defensive pressure and keep the ball in attack. This will enable the more creative types in Murphy, Aker, Hill and co more scope to work their magic.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 02:14 PM
It has to be a great opportunity for Everitt to grab his chance and cement a spot in the team.

Mofra
14-03-2010, 03:11 PM
If Hahn isn't available for round 1, I'd favour Everitt over Addison. Hahn has been quite good overhead this pre-season; no point being great at defensive pressure if nobody is going to kick it to you. Everitt has the height & kicking penetration that Hahn has been giving us.

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I think someone like Everitt will play for Hahn.

Do you think that Addison will be played in Round 1? If not who takes his place?

EasternWest
14-03-2010, 03:18 PM

In his current form and shape I'd say Hahn is a walk up start if his face recovers. He was so good in the GF, and has anyone else noticed just how fit he looks?

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Great news if correct! If Mitchy doesn't come up, I'm really liking the look of Brodie Moles - he just keeps on having a go, and seems to have very good skills. Not sure about Addison - I think he's good, and his courage can't be questioned, but sometimes his skills and decision-making lets him down a little. Everitt showed me more last night (than I have previously seen) to like. Yep, it's a good place to be really - having some depth :D

The Doctor
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
If Hahn isn't available for round 1, I'd favour Everitt over Addison. Hahn has been quite good overhead this pre-season; no point being great at defensive pressure if nobody is going to kick it to you. Everitt has the height & kicking penetration that Hahn has been giving us.

I think Everitt should be in regardless of whether Hahn plays or not.

I'm building a case for Addison separately. He would not be a focal point in attack that is not why i'm calling for his inclusion. We have plenty of those. We will lack a defensive forward who will scrap and fight to keep the ball in otherwise.

GVGjr
14-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I think Everitt should be in regardless of whether Hahn plays or not.

I'm building a case for Addison separately. He would not be a focal point in attack that is not why i'm calling for his inclusion. We have plenty of those. We will lack a defensive forward who will scrap and fight to keep the ball in otherwise.

I know that Addison wasn't on the ground that much last night but what he did was good. Hard to know where to slot him in and at who's expense but he should be right in the mix.

The Pie Man
14-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Fox Sports just reported the same thing...almost word for word.

Great news

Remi Moses
14-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I heard the same thing Hahn doesn't need surgery good news if true his forward pressure is invaluable in todays footy. I also think with barry being such a presence it also releases Mitch from being the main man. I thought Everitt is starting to make great strides looking more confident by the week

chef
14-03-2010, 05:28 PM
]In his current form and shape I'd say Hahn is a walk up start if his face recovers[/B]. He was so good in the GF, and has anyone else noticed just how fit he looks?

Couldn't agree more, he looks as fit and agile as he ever has too.

anfo27
14-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Couldn't agree more, he looks as fit and agile as he ever has too.

I agree I can't recall seeing Mitch move so well, he really looks great & looks like he will be in for career best year. When he plays like he has over the NAB cup it just reminds you how important he is to our team.

KT31
14-03-2010, 06:51 PM
In his current form and shape I'd say Hahn is a walk up start if his face recovers. He was so good in the GF, and has anyone else noticed just how fit he looks?

IMO he was close to best on ground before he was crunched.
Opposition backman must be concerned that they could be cleaned up by either Bazza or Mitch.

Bulldog4life
14-03-2010, 07:43 PM
IMO he was close to best on ground before he was crunched.
Opposition backman must be cob=ncerned that they could be cleaned up by either Bazza or Mitch.

Thinking the same thing myself. Noticed last night that Rocket had Mitch on the ball as well. Important player for us this year in my opinion.