PDA

View Full Version : Jumper Presentation Night

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Any WOOFers going tonight? If so, can anyone who has a supply of the woof.net business cards, please bring some? In a position to help expand membership through word of mouth at work but could do so much better with those business cards.

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Shattered. Only if it was on over the weekend.

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Wont be there - looking fwd to a report / pictures!

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Couldn't make it either - look forward to reading all about it on WOOF? BTW - what's with the WOOF business cards? Can anyone enlighten me please?:o

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I went alond, saw DaDruid, when i first got there, but didnt see or hear him after that haah....

What an awesome night, nice and relaxed, staff were really helpfull.....only downside was i was on table 13....and was ment to have Mitchy Hahn on our table...but he wasnt there...cause hes still a very sore boy.....

Great night overall....

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 01:42 PM
The Mohawk Minutes

Arrived about half an hour early, took a walk around the gaming tables, watched one player gamble his hard-earned like a backman kicks a footy, not very accurate. Lucky thing he is on a good salary!
Don't ask for names either, folks! ;)

Great to see so many Doogies there, just over 900 attended . Carlton were having their launch in the room next door but it looked like there were more staff and players than supporters and fans. Bad case of the blues? ;)

No great surprise that the biggest cheers of the night were for Johnno and Bazza. Smorgo insists that 35,000 members is not impossible as we have over 29,000 to this point and there is 6,000 members from last year who have still haven't re-signed this season. Valid point, I thought. :)

Lots of mingling done by all with myself proving nearly as popular as some of the players in the photo stakes. Bazza confirmed to me that he wasn't angry about the Sunday Age front page. Rumour was he was upset about the size of his pic in comparison to mine. Certainly will be the only time I'm bigger than Barry! Didn't get to do much in the way of taking pics, too often at the wrong end of the lens.

Announcement made about Hall of Fame Event and also, a 3 book series on the history of the club. First volume is about players and coaches and their experiences with the club. Looking forward to that with great relish!

I think Huddo is starting to get a bit of beard envy now that my heavily follicled face has really filled out. Shame that some of boys can't manage much more than baby-fluff or we could be the most hirsute team in the league! That I would really enjoy!

Marvellous decision was made to allow supporters to handle, caress and kiss the cup whilst having their photos taken with it. Couldn't help myself, got to lay down on the edge of the stage and make out like I was making out with it. Stroking, kissing and caressing it was a big highlight of my night. I can be such a naughty Doggie!!

Daniel Cross got the short straw and got me on his table. Lovely bloke with very sharp wit and answered as many questions as possible from those at our table and some from further afar.

Found all players approachable and enthusiastic without exception but, someone was overheard whining because they were asked by a player to come back after he had finished his main course. Manners, folks!! if a player (or anyone!) is eating, let them finish. You might think "But it is just a quick pic." you multiply that by a dozen requests and you have one cold chicken dinner in no time flat! A common courtesy as far as I am concerned, one that should not be forgotten by all.

Overall, had a great night and hope to attend many more in the future. Many thanks to the staff and volunteers who helped organize the night. My only real complaint could be that there were not enough raffle tickets on each table. Missed opportunity there!!

See you soon!!!:D

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Great wrap up DaDruid!! Many thanks. :)

PS: I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about manners & not harrassing players whilst they're eating. Some people just have no idea when it comes to common decency. :mad:

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Strange that manners should be raised by someone with a mouth as big as mine and with even louder hair!! :D;)

Bulldog4life
18-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Enjoyed your report DaDruid. Thanks.

Greystache
18-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks Da Druid, very entertaining report. I had a ticket for the event but got stuck at work and couldn't attend! :mad: I'll have to make sure I take annual leave the day of the premiership dinner!

jazzadogs
18-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Very enjoyable report Dadruid. Thanks.

Always great to hear about how approachable and friendly our players are. Sounds like a well-organised night too, well done to the team in charge of it, seeing as the venue changed only two weeks ago.

Pickenitup
18-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Def was a great nite Highlights where Dougie speaking love that bloke had Jarrod Harbrow on our table
very nice young man all players where very approachable would have been nice to see Cooney there to see his reaction when the crowd went Coooooneeey

chef
18-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks DaDruid.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank you for the report DaDruid.

As I think I've said several times whenever a fellow woofer reports on these type of club functions, these first hand accounts are much appreciated by those of us Dogs members that by virtue of the by the tyranny of distance are unable to attend.
Cheers!

The Adelaide Connection
18-03-2010, 09:14 PM
The Mohawk Minutes

Great to see so many Doogies there, just over 900 attended . Carlton were having their launch in the room next door but it looked like there were more staff and players than supporters and fans. Bad case of the blues? ;)

Haha I read an article that made special mention that we had over 900 whilst next door Carlton could only manage about 300.

Couldn't help but chuckle and think about their horrendous "They know we're coming" campaign.

jazzadogs
18-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Haha I read an article that made special mention that we had over 900 whilst next door Carlton could only manage about 300.

Couldn't help but chuckle and think about their horrendous "They know we're coming" campaign.
'Can you smell what the Blues are cooking?' has worked well too...

Max469
18-03-2010, 09:33 PM
The Mohawk Minutes

Peter Dean stopped to chat on his way out and was telling me that some Blues supporters got mixed up and ended up at our function.

I think we should have just handed them membership forms instead of being sent in the right direction.

How the tides have turned that we had three times as many at our function.

As others have said, it was a great night, with the players being most accessible.

I cheekily asked Josh Hill if he was going to the Gold Coast with Jarrod. He said no, but did not deny that Jarrod was going.

Got good value at work today when showing off a pic of me and the NAB cup.

I think the players have come a long way. They in most cases are happy to have a pic or a chat.

Unfortunately there are always going to be supporters who are just going to get in their faces when they are eating or at the loo.

Treat them nicely and they will return in like.

Agree with Da Druid - not enough raffle tickets. I was fortunate to be able to get enough for our table (it was a case of knowing who to ask for them).

I was told they did not expect so many to be sold. Sorry there were 900 people in attendance and should have been enough tickets for all. Missed money raiser by the club.

It was interesting to hear about the hall of fame dinner - but $195 for a silver ticket might just be out of my league.

Congrats to the club for a well ran event - Anna and Jarrod - great job again.

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 01:21 PM
It was interesting to hear about the hall of fame dinner - but $195 for a silver ticket might just be out of my league.

Congrats to the club for a well ran event - Anna and Jarrod - great job again.

I intend to work an extra shift each week until the big night. I'm going and going GOLD! There will only ever be one of these! :)l

The Coon Dog
19-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I intend to work an extra shift each week until the big night. I'm going and going GOLD! There will only ever be one of these! :)l

It's much tougher with a family. 4 x X amount = lots.

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for such an entertaining report DaDruid (and others who were there). Wish I could have been there - sounds like a great night!

chef
19-03-2010, 08:07 PM

When will it be?

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 08:28 PM
it will be on the 29th May It is a function not to be missed, so if you can make it you will not regret being there. See if you can make it. It will be history in the making.
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

Go_Dogs
20-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I cheekily asked Josh Hill if he was going to the Gold Coast with Jarrod. He said no, but did not deny that Jarrod was going.

:eek::eek::eek: