PDA

View Full Version : Victory Room (Social Club Members)

LostDoggy
18-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I've been a social club member for 3 years now, but have never actually been to this victory room cos the mates I got to be members with me never joined social club till' last year and some aren't really big drinkers. ALso the fact that I don't really know where it is in contrast to my reserved seat.

What actually goes on in there? Is it just like a 'pub' atmosphere or more formal? And where abouts is it?

AndrewP6
18-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Victory Room is on Level 1, Aisle 10 (I think!) They have drinks, and hot meals available. There's a good selection of food, and unlike the food outlets in the stadium, it's most often palatable. Meals are around $13 which seem a bit, but it's generally good quality. There's tables to sit at, you get proper cutlery etc. IMO, it makes for a nice start to the day/night at the footy. They have a projector screen up, with previous matches, and close to game time, a live feed of the ground. They occasionally have guests (often players who aren't playing in that game) and do an interview, although I haven't seen that many of these.

Just a comfortable, pleasant start to the footy experience, I reckon. And quite a few WOOFers can be found loitering! :) I joined 2 years ago, and enjoy heading in early to the Victory Room.

The Adelaide Connection
18-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I got there a few times last year but ended up next door at the Premiership club (which is next door and almost a mirror image) as the mates that were along with me weren't keen on the $20 fee for being a non-member.

As Andrew mentioned, better quality food is available and if you do enjoy a beer then you will be pleasantly suprised to find that you can purchase a reasonable selection of bottled beers. Apparently for the night games the beer they pull at the normal bars is either light or midstrength (don't let the branding on the taps fool you), so it is nice to be able to still get a reasonable tasting heavy beer (but you obviously cant take the bottle out with you).

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys. Probably why I havent used it is because I'm on aisle 40 and thats a fair hike hehe. Will try get down there, most likely on Friday / Saturday night games ;) ;)

aker39
19-03-2010, 10:22 AM
It's at Aisle 15/16

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 11:35 AM
So what I'm wondering with it being 'sold out' this year is how crowded it will be -- they will need to open it up a bit more (the walls are all foldable) to allow for breathing space!

ps. it's already crowded enough in there after a win, I hope they really have a plan to cater for the larger uptake of memberships, otherwise most of us who have enjoyed it in the past will probably just give it a miss to allow for the newer members to hang out...

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 01:08 PM
It's at Aisle 15/16

Which is real handy for this demented Doggie!:D

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 01:09 PM
So what I'm wondering with it being 'sold out' this year is how crowded it will be -- they will need to open it up a bit more (the walls are all foldable) to allow for breathing space!

ps. it's already crowded enough in there after a win, I hope they really have a plan to cater for the larger uptake of memberships, otherwise most of us who have enjoyed it in the past will probably just give it a miss to allow for the newer members to hang out...

Past Players meet next door so I can't see that happening.

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I've been a social club member for 3 years now, but have never actually been to this victory room cos the mates I got to be members with me never joined social club till' last year and some aren't really big drinkers. ALso the fact that I don't really know where it is in contrast to my reserved seat.

What actually goes on in there? Is it just like a 'pub' atmosphere or more formal? And where abouts is it?
The jumper presentation was to be there, but because the room got bad damage in thr storm had to be moved to Crown. Don't know when it will be available again, and what if any alternative arrangments have been made for social club members.

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Danstar. I've been a social club member for 3 years now, but have never gone to the Victory Room. I now know where it is (only 13 aisles away from my seat) & that I can eat there. Might try to get along before a game or two, catch up with some fellow WOOFers. :)

bornadog
19-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Danstar. I've been a social club member for 3 years now, but have never gone to the Victory Room. I now know where it is (only 13 aisles away from my seat) & that I can eat there. Might try to get along before a game or two, catch up with some fellow WOOFers. :)

We had a couple of catchups there last year.

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 02:25 PM
What do you need to show to get in ?

The Coon Dog
19-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Your membership card, should somehow signify your status (haven't got mine on me to check).

Topdog
19-03-2010, 02:33 PM
your social club membership.

aker39
19-03-2010, 03:56 PM
The jumper presentation was to be there, but because the room got bad damage in thr storm had to be moved to Crown. Don't know when it will be available again, and what if any alternative arrangments have been made for social club members.

It will be available for round 1.

Also, I just got an email from Melbourne Victory, and the post game function is in the Victory Room on Saturday night.

(The area that has been damaged severly is Livewire, up on level 2 where the E J Whitten Bar is. Don't expect that to be available for weeks/months)

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 04:07 PM

I read in the article that Coon Dog posted ealier today ("Important Round 1 Information") that we need to show our membership card (it has social club written on it) and that the social club medalion won't be accepted. See you all there!! :D

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Your membership card, should somehow signify your status (haven't got mine on me to check).

Yeah it does. Has an image on the front that sayd "Premiership gold"
thanks

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I read in the article that Coon Dog posted ealier today ("Important Round 1 Information") that we need to show our membership card (it has social club written on it) and that the social club medalion won't be accepted. See you all there!! :D

I might have a problem here (yes Baz only one!!) I am still to recieve my social club membership having upgraded before xmas!! is anyone else in the same boat?

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah it does. Has an image on the front that sayd "Premiership gold"
thanks

Mine has "EJ Whitten Social Club 2010" on the front. I'm a reserved seat bronze member, so maybe they're different depending on if you're Gold, Silver or Bronze. :)

aker39
19-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I might have a problem here (yes Baz only one!!) I am still to recieve my social club membership having upgraded before xmas!! is anyone else in the same boat?

Ring before 5pm today so that they can make sure you get it for next weeks game

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Mine has "EJ Whitten Social Club 2010" on the front. I'm a reserved seat bronze member, so maybe they're different depending on if you're Gold, Silver or Bronze. :)

Must be. Cos the package im on is premiership gold, so gold must get that silver & bronze probably get what you got

LostDoggy
19-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Past Players meet next door so I can't see that happening.

Surely they could just move haha. It's not like it's a 'past players' room or anything, just a function room that is used for that purpose.

AndrewP6
20-03-2010, 12:26 AM
It's at Aisle 15/16

Oops, I wasn't THAT far off! :)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I am a premiership Silver/Social Club member - and we have scarves just saying EJ Whitten Social Club - doesn't bother me, drinks are the same price for all:)

LostDoggy
20-03-2010, 10:47 PM
It's only premiership gold hehehe. No premiership silver or bronze.