PDA

View Full Version : Dogs in the media.

Dazza
25-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Not sure if this is worth a thread or not but yesterday there were a couple of bulldogs on tv giving some insights.

Cooney was on the bounce and said it's hard not to spot up Barry as he runs to the right spots and is such a presence and he's not sure if that will become a concern over the year. Also said the main tactics for the midfield on Sunday is to win the contested possession and stop the pies getting forward for uncontested marks.

He also said getting on him for the brownlow was a safe bet and Lake is at his best when he doesn't think.

Chris Grant was on Marngrook and they showed a few highlights of him playing which was worth watching the segment alone. He said the dogs are in for a real chance this year. Happy that Barry Hall is playing with us and is doing a mentoring role for Everitt and Williams + 4 others once a week down at the club. Said he's very happy being their mentors and keeps in regular contact throughout the week with Rocket and the kids he's coaching. Also spoke about staying at the dogs and not going to port adelaide and seems to think Gary Ablett will stay with the cats. Spoke a little about Westy too saying he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

That's about it I think.

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for that dazb. I saw Cooooooooooon on The Bounce. Quite funny I thought, had to laugh at the Brian Lake comment. He has a great sense of humour. Wasn't on for long enough though.

Spewing I missed Chris Grant though - thanks for the wrap up. :)

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks for that dazb. I saw Cooooooooooon on The Bounce. Quite funny I thought, had to laugh at the Brian Lake comment. He has a great sense of humour. Wasn't on for long enough though.

Spewing I missed Chris Grant though - thanks for the wrap up. :)

The Bounce was cringe worthy. The only good part was when Cooney was on.

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 02:16 PM
The Bounce was cringe worthy. The only good part was when Cooney was on.

I thought Pete Helliar rushed through his speaking a bit - nerves? I quite liked the skits he did that weren't live. The taxi part was good too - maybe because it was Coooooooooon. ;)

Throughandthrough
25-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I enjoyed The Bounce, FWIW.

As good as any other footy show on tv.

chef
25-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I enjoyed The Bounce, FWIW.

As good as any other footy show on tv.

I didn't, except for the bit with Sidebottom which was pretty funny.

AndrewP6
25-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Didn't see Marngrook, not a fan anyway.... but I did tune in to "The Bounce". I thought for a new show, it wasn't bad. Not sure Helliar is host-material, but it was alright, IMO. I thought the opening taxi thing was a bit corny, but Peter Rowsthorn is funny. There were certainly glitches, but it wasn't that bad, I thought.

lemmon
26-03-2010, 01:24 AM
I didn't, expect for the bit with Sidebottom which was pretty funny.

Agree, didn't do it for me either

Hot_Doggies
26-03-2010, 03:01 PM
The Bounce was a car wreck.

My prediction is it will be gone by round 4.

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 03:27 PM
The Bounce was a car wreck.

My prediction is it will be gone by round 4.

Totally agree...i did like the "rug" work on Hellier's head though!! looked like a dead cat up there!!:D

OLD SCRAGGer
26-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I must be 1 of the rare folk, as I rather enjoyed it, thought it better that Sam Newmans dated attemps at humour where he feels it necessary to belittle people for CHEAP laughs...DON'T watch that anymore!!! Favourite Footy show is still BEFORE THE GAME

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I must be 1 of the rare folk, as I rather enjoyed it, thought it better that Sam Newmans dated attemps at humour where he feels it necessary to belittle people for CHEAP laughs...DON'T watch that anymore!!! Favourite Footy show is still BEFORE THE GAME

Same here. The bounce wasn't perfect, but is was fast paced, so there wasn't much time to get bored with a segment...compare that to Sam's mailbag, which is plain horrible. I preferred the Footy Show when they had 3 players, not Billy/Crawford swapping, then again I also preferred it when Eddie McGuire was hosting...can't please everybody I suppose. Before the Game is still my favourite as well.

LostDoggy
29-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Just in case you didnt know, Barry Hall is on One Week At A Time tonight...on one hd

bornadog
30-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Just in case you didnt know, Barry Hall is on One Week At A Time tonight...on one hd

Thought he did a great job representing the club. He seems to have matured a lot and is handling all the media interviews etc like a pro.

AndrewP6
30-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Thought he did a great job representing the club. He seems to have matured a lot and is handling all the media interviews etc like a pro.

Yep, he spoke well. And got a dirty joke in, too. :)