WESTERN BULLDOGS v COLLINGWOOD

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Josh Hill
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Shaun Higgins
F: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Andrejis Everitt, Brad Johnson, Brodie Moles, Will Minson, Liam Picken, Callan Ward

New: Brodie Moles (Geelong Cats)

Collingwood
B: Alan Toovey, Simon Prestigiacomo, Tarkyn Lockyer
HB: Harry O’Brien, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw
C: Luke Ball, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Josh Fraser, John Anthony, Alan Didak
F: Paul Medhurst, Travis Cloke, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C (from): Shane O’Bree, Nathan Brown, Sharrod Wellingham, Steele Sidebottom, Leigh Brown, Brent Macaffer, Dayne Beams

New: Luke Ball (St Kilda), Darren Jolly (Sydney Swans)

Cyberdoggie
25-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I believe we also have a new guy at FF as well.
Forgot his name but i hear he can play.

Thanks Mantis,

bornadog
25-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Who the hell do you drop from the interchange list?

Dylan Addison, Andrejis Everitt, Brad Johnson, Brodie Moles, Will Minson, Liam Picken, Callan Ward.

I would play the bolded ones, leaving Ward out as he may be doubtful, with Picken unlucky.

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Depth :D

Will Johnno play though, late omission maybe? And I agree if all 3 are fit keep Addison in, he has played well in this pre-season

chef
25-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Andrejis Everitt, Brad Johnson, Brodie Moles, Will Minson, Liam Picken, Callan Ward

That would be my bench, with Everitt to come in if Johnno doesn't make it. With Ward having just gotten over a groin and now having the flu I would give him another week off.

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 07:53 PM
i cannot see picken being left out. He will take davis, thomas or didak for long periods of time

The Bulldogs Bite
25-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Picken needs to play. He can play a defensive role all over the ground and it's needed against the likes of Didak, Swan and Davis. With Ward out - Picken needs to play for that hard edge he brings to the side too.

Last spot comes down to Moles/Johnson IMO.

Throughandthrough
25-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Come on TCD, all us supercoachers need to know

MOLES!

The Coon Dog
25-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Come on TCD, all us supercoachers need to know

MOLES!

If Johnno plays Moles wont.

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd say Everitt, Minson and Picken would be certain starters with Moles coming in for Johnno.

EasternWest
26-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Picken needs to play. He can play a defensive role all over the ground and it's needed against the likes of Didak, Swan and Davis. With Ward out - Picken needs to play for that hard edge he brings to the side too.

Last spot comes down to Moles/Johnson IMO.

I agree. I think Collingwood are most dangerous when Swan/Didak are flying. Shut one of them down and they don't look as good so for mine, Picken's a must.

Ozza
26-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Geez its tough to get a game when Moles and Ward are missing out, and Picken is talked about as possibly missing. As they say 'its a good problem to have' - but with Eagleton to come back into the mix soon as well - its going to be super competive this season - barring injuries (knocking on every bit of wood in the vicinity).

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah it's tough..but so it should be!! No side wins a flag without pressure for spots, if someone with the ability of Ward is going to miss out it only adds to the pressure on those infront of him!!

mjp
26-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Betcha by round 8 - all going well - these little selection dilemmas wont be dilemmas at all!

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=alexxx;142692]Depth :D

Ahh, finally a problem I've been looking forward to for some time :cool:

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Final teams

WESTERN BULLDOGS v COLLINGWOOD
Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Josh Hill
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Shaun Higgins
F: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Liam Picken, Will Minson, Brad Johnson, Andrejis Everitt
Emg: Brodie Moles, Dylan Addison, Callan Ward

Collingwood
B: Alan Toovey, Simon Prestigiacomo, Tarkyn Lockyer
HB: Harry O’Brien, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw
C: Luke Ball, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Josh Fraser, John Anthony, Alan Didak
F: Paul Medhurst, Travis Cloke, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Shane O’Bree, Sharrod Wellingham, Steele Sidebottom, Leigh Brown
Emg: Dayne Beams, Nathan Brown, Brent Macaffer

cinder
26-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Johnno's playing, hmmmmm. Good news but hoping they haven't rushed him back

Mantis
26-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Just watched a little bit of the Williamstown practice match and all the emergencies were missing.

comrade
26-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Just watched a little bit of the Williamstown practice match and all the emergencies were missing.

Funny buggers. From what you saw, did Boumann play?

BulldogBelle
26-03-2010, 06:49 PM
My prediction: Johnno out - and Moles will play. We would look pretty stupid in Johnno plays, plays like he's underdone (which he is), and we lose by 2 points.

Mantis
26-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Funny buggers. From what you saw, did Boumann play?

He was on the ground, but I am not sure if you could classify what he was doing as playing footy.

Hot_Doggies
26-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I thought Boumann did a few nice things. Showed a bit of aggression today too.

Grant ran around like a umpire. Was always within 15m of the ball but didn't touch it.

Jones took a couple of good grabs and battled hard.

Cordy didn't touch it.

Markovic is as slow as a wet fortnight.

Tutt did a few nice things, beautiful kick.

Thorne didnt do much.

Roughhead tried hard.

Mantis
26-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Agree with that HD.

Thorne is very slight and looks a round to see what's coming a little too often.

Tutt does kick it very well, but is very small.

Hot_Doggies
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I thought Wood was the best Dog. When fully fit will be ahead of Addison,Picken,Moles etc.

Same old for Timmy Callan, honest effort and few turnovers.

Callan Ward was there, was wearing a bandage around his waist

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Great to see Everitt hold his spot, looking for a big year from Dre.

jazzadogs
27-03-2010, 04:12 AM
I thought Wood was the best Dog. When fully fit will be ahead of Addison,Picken,Moles etc.

Same old for Timmy Callan, honest effort and few turnovers.

Callan Ward was there, was wearing a bandage around his waist
I don't understand why Picken is constantly lubbed with this group of 'fringe players'. As far as I can tell, Picken is an essential part of our best 22. The role he plays is a role that the coaching staff would not want to sacrifice anyone else for, and he has shown that he is capable of being damaging both in the forward line and through the middle.

Glad to see Everitt and Hill both in the team.

Go_Dogs
27-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I suspect Johnson may be a late withdrawal and Moles to come in (based on nothing other than a gut-feel).

The Adelaide Connection
27-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I suspect Johnson may be a late withdrawal and Moles to come in (based on nothing other than a gut-feel).

Ditto. God I would love to be at his 350th though and if he misses I would guess it'll happen next week. Coming over for round 1 and 3 :(

LostDoggy
27-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Great depth this year. Must make for long nights at the selection table, each week someone deserving is likely to miss out.

Hot_Doggies
27-03-2010, 02:07 PM
After watching Stack closely yesterday he appears to be a touch 'slow' for the role he is trying to play.

Anyone think he could be moulded into a inside midfielder?

Has the size and appears to have good hands/awareness in tight.

soupman
27-03-2010, 08:07 PM
On the random Stack question, I wouldn't think he'd be suited to an inside midfielder role.

This is because regardless of his actual ability to win the footy, from what I have seen he seems to be a bit like Josh Hill in that he doesn't tend to work his arse off. He often goes into stages where he's happy to not give it his all, and as an inside midfielder involves things like gut running, hardness at the footy and a consistent output I'm not sure he would be suited to it regardless of how good his hands are.

LostDoggy
28-03-2010, 08:59 PM
He was on the ground, but I am not sure if you could classify what he was doing as playing footy.

Can you ellaborate!

Mantis
29-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Can you ellaborate!

He wasn't getting near it.

He was in three contests near the Willi bench within 10 minutes of each other in the 2nd qtr. Each time he got up he was limping and looking to the bench to come off when all he was suffering was a little knock.