PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R1

GVGjr
28-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Lets give this another try.
Posts your thoughts and opinions after the game or for the interstate guys and girls they can post away as they are watching.

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

Hotdog60
28-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Spoilers = I think a Team effort here, too many loose Collingwood players on there own

Guns = 1: Boyd, tried hard all day. 2: Higgins, did some nice things but drifted in and out of the game. 3: Murphy, battle hard.

Money = DaDruid, he was the standout giving Fraser a spray on the boundry.:D

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/Diggydogxx/DaRuid-1.jpg

jazzadogs
28-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I hope it was in the form of a rhyme DaDruid!

Spoilers - Minson. Did a lot of dumb things, seemed very slow.

Guns - Boyd, Murphy and Hill. All three tried very hard. I watched Hill intently throughout the game after reading some comments on here that people don't see the hard running he does. I am converted.

Money - Boyd's quick hands on the defensive 50 which freed up Griff to run through the middle, resulted in a goal to Higgins.

The Pie Man
28-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Spoilers = I think a Team effort here, too many loose Collingwood players on there own

Guns = 1: Boyd, tried hard all day. 2: Higgins, did some nice things but drifted in and out of the game. 3: Murphy, battle hard.

Money = DaDruid, he was the standout giving Fraser a spray on the boundry.:D

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/Diggydogxx/DaRuid-1.jpg

I was sitting near Da Duid and saw that unfold - rhymes about us 'being crucified' and a Collingwood player being a 'garden gnome' amongst the entertaining gems on offer - well played good sir

As for Josh Fraser.......

LostDoggy
28-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Spoiler: Minson's hands - someone please teach him to take a mark!!

Guns: As stated above Boyd, Murph and Higgins...

Money: Razor Ray... Baffling decisions, he should hand back his paycheck
Sorry Boyd wins for mine

AndrewP6
28-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Spoilers - A collective vote for the team's efforts throughout the afternoon. Not good enough. OK, one player, I'll say Williams - looked lost.

Guns - Hall - tried to get us going. Murphy - moving well, creative as ever. Boyd - got a bucketload of the ball.Imagine if he hadn't done that for us.

Money - The bloke next to me (Pies fan) cheering for us in the fourth, ended up winning 800 smackers on the game.

GVGjr
28-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Spoilers - Harbrow kicking in was a constant source of frustration
Guns - Boyd, Murphy and Hill.
Money - Some of Murphy's work ethic was great. Not one thing but a combination of a few.

G-Mo77
28-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Really? You're not going to like this then.

Spoilers - Hill. I don't like setting aim at a young kid but seriously the guy needs to work much harder. Every opponent he had seemed to do damage to us. I wouldn't play him on the wing. I'd rather him as that secondary target in the forward line were those weaknesses are not as damaging.

Guns - Murphy and Boyd, clearly our best players today.

Money - Murphy again. The guy is all class.

Max469
28-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Spoilers - Harbrow kicking in was a constant source of frustration
Money - Some of Murphy's work ethic was great. Not one thing but a combination of a few.

Fully agree.

The only thing I would do is add Tom Williams to the Spoilers.

Hurry back - Dale and Callan Ward

jazzadogs
28-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Really? You're not going to like this then.

Spoilers - Hill. I don't like setting aim at a young kid but seriously the guy needs to work much harder. Every opponent he had seemed to do damage to us. I wouldn't play him on the wing. I'd rather him as that secondary target in the forward line were those weaknesses are not as damaging.

Guns - Murphy and Boyd, clearly our best players today.

Money - Murphy again. The guy is all class.
Completely disagree, and I have been one who has said this about Hill in the past.

A number of times he had second, third and fourth efforts, or chased from a long way back. I was quite impressed after watching him closely.

One passage in the 3rd quarter (I think), ball got kicked in long to the forward line, Hill one-on-one. The ball got knocked to the ground, Hill got knocked over in the contest but got straight up, chased one player, chased and harrassed the next player, chased again, then they kicked it away and he chased that guy too.

He might not have done this every time, but he did his best. Their defence killed every one of our forwards, and their 'cheats' (staying at the back of the play hoping for a turnover) hurt us more than anything.

GVGjr
28-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Fully agree.

The only thing I would do is add Tom Williams to the Spoilers.

Hurry back - Dale and Callan Ward

You can only have one spoiler though :)

LostDoggy
28-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Spoilers Harbrow - he is my favourite player, but gee he made some shocking errors.

Guns: Murphy - he looks in really good shape, moving very well.
Boyd - was just everywhere again, hands on everything.
Everitt - thought it was one of his better games for us, tried hard all night.

Money: Aker - he gave out a handball in a tight pack situation up the opposite end of the cheer squad, resulted in a Boyd goal. (i think it was Boyd?)

GVGjr
28-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Money:[/b] Aker - he gave out a handball in a tight pack situation up the opposite end of the cheer squad, resulted in a Boyd goal. (i think it was Boyd?)

I don't know how I missed nominating that. It was a terrific effort.

Bulldog Joe
28-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Spoiler: Higgins - on at least 2 occasions in the 3rd he just did not go hard enough and cost goals.
Ditto for Gilbee

Guns: Boyd - must be the eveready man - keeps on keeping on
Murph all class
Hudson Just a great worker and had the better of Jolly clearly.

Money: Boyd

The Bulldogs Bite
28-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Spoilers = Cross. I thought he was equal worst on ground. Fumbled, turned it over, got out muscled and spent more time on the ground.

Guns = Murphy was our best by a long way. Great hands, good disposal and thought his way through things unlike 21 others. Hudson helped get us back into the game at one point and was competitive whilst Everitt did OK.

Money = Everitt's fantastic change of direction and pass to Giansiracusa on the other side of the ground. Might have been the second quarter? It caught Collingwood off guard, which we rarely did.

LostDoggy
28-03-2010, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=bitofbite;143113]
Money: Razor Ray... Baffling decisions, he should hand back his paycheck
QUOTE]

Oh yeah, bitofbite, I was totally confused today with some of the decisions too!

So for me,
Spoilers - I think Shaggy looked out of sorts today (along with a few others I could name!)

Guns - thank you god for Matty Boyd!

Money - Hall - for not totally losing it when those louts tried to stir him up after his accidental knock on one of those other players, can't remember who! (This is because I mostly only see red, white and blue out of these eyes!)

boydogs
28-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Spoiler - Ryan Hargrave - allowed their mid sized forwards to dominate
Guns - Boyd, Murphy, Higgins - kept us in it
Money - Daniel Cross knocking the ball to advantage in contested situations

LostDoggy
29-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Spoiler - The Flu. It took out Dale Morris on the day that Hargrave, Harbrow and Williams turned in shockers.

Guns - Murphy was excellent. Hudson was great in the ruck. Boyd at least worked hard all day.

Money - Johnson playing on in the 2nd quarter and nailing a pass to Hall with his left foot.

chef
29-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Spoilers = Williams, fumble almost everything that came his way.
Guns = Murphy, Boyd(without these two we would have been flogged) and no one else stood out enough to be mention here
Money =Our effort in the second quarter to close the gap, but unfortunately we couldn't keep it going all match.

Mofra
29-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Spoiler: Williams looked like a guy still learning the game
Guns:
Murphy was clearly our best
Cooney is super-important to us
Hahn is better than last year

Money: Boyd was simply unstoppable in the first half, 21 touches and a goal. He may have actually improved following his B&F last year :eek:

LostDoggy
29-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Money - Hall - for not totally losing it when those louts tried to stir him up after his accidental knock on one of those other players, can't remember who! (This is because I mostly only see red, white and blue out of these eyes!)

This was an interesting, tense, scary, exciting moment. My hairs stood on end, I broke into a cold sweat, and time seemed to stand still or at least go into slow motion as I watched the Pies descend on Bazza, and he just fronted up. He certainly looked on the edge of exploding. If this happens every match my heart won't be able to take it.

On a positive note for the Dogs, teams used to just park a guy in the hole and pluck off our forward 50 forays with impunity because they knew that we didn't have anyone big enough or fast enough (sorry, Hahn) to cause any damage. At least now everyone knows that you stand in the hole against the Dogs at your peril, at risk of concussion, or worse. Sam Gilbert, you have been warned.

On a negative, I didn't think Bazz needed to go up to the kid lying on the ground to taunt him. I thought initially that Bazz was going over to check on the kid, which would have been a lovely gesture, but I guess he was pissed off that his mark was spoiled by a moment of reckless impudence. Love the agro, but Bazz really needs to pull his head in that little bit more to last through the season.

Ozza
29-03-2010, 12:43 PM
On a negative, I didn't think Bazz needed to go up to the kid lying on the ground to taunt him. I thought initially that Bazz was going over to check on the kid, which would have been a lovely gesture, but I guess he was pissed off that his mark was spoiled by a moment of reckless impudence. Love the agro, but Bazz really needs to pull his head in that little bit more to last through the season.

I don't know about this. Its AFL footy, its heated and unforgiving. I have no problem with Bazza giving him the message that if he stands in the hole - thats whats going to happen. Hopefully it sent the message to a few other teams defenders out there.

LostDoggy
29-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't know about this. Its AFL footy, its heated and unforgiving. I have no problem with Bazza giving him the message that if he stands in the hole - thats whats going to happen. Hopefully it sent the message to a few other teams defenders out there.

Agree with the need for the message -- if you re-read my post you will see that, but I feel that the message was already given, by the very fact that what happened happened. He should have just let the incident speak for itself. Would have kept the focus on the hit itself and not so much on his volatility, and with his history, he really doesn't need to get involved in any flare-ups.

A silent assassin is far more frightening than a posturing, or worse, suspended, one.

AndrewP6
29-03-2010, 07:00 PM
This was an interesting, tense, scary, exciting moment. My hairs stood on end, I broke into a cold sweat, and time seemed to stand still or at least go into slow motion as I watched the Pies descend on Bazza, and he just fronted up. He certainly looked on the edge of exploding. If this happens every match my heart won't be able to take it.

On a positive note for the Dogs, teams used to just park a guy in the hole and pluck off our forward 50 forays with impunity because they knew that we didn't have anyone big enough or fast enough (sorry, Hahn) to cause any damage. At least now everyone knows that you stand in the hole against the Dogs at your peril, at risk of concussion, or worse. Sam Gilbert, you have been warned.

Sums it up for me... I thought all hell was gonna break loose.