PDA

View Full Version : Whitten Oval Facilities

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Being that we don't get over to the WO very often (last time was July last year!)...can anyone tell me if there are any facilities to get food/coffee there yet?

Last year they were still in construction and did not have a coffe shop etc open. We will be at the Train with the Team day tomorrow and would like to know if we need to take packed lunch with us again.

The Coon Dog
30-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Take a pack lunch, alternatively when you get there seek out some other parents, whack in some money & get someone head off to the nearest fish shop.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Take a pack lunch, alternatively when you get there seek out some other parents, whack in some money & get someone head off to the nearest fish shop.

LOL :) Good one, I like that idea!

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 01:16 PM

There a decent chippery on Essex Street one block north of Whitten Oval.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 02:28 PM
the coffee shop at the WB should be up and running May/June this year.
________
MARAUDER (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_Marauder)

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 02:51 PM
[/I][/B]There a decent chippery on Essex Street one block north of Whitten Oval.

Cool Da Druid, thanks!

chef
30-03-2010, 04:24 PM
the coffee shop at the WB should be up and running May/June this year.

Ready for my sons train with the team day in July, excellent:).

Remi Moses
30-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Visited that Chippery often at half time at W/O games in the 90's.thems were the days of not worrying about bringing food into the arena:rolleyes:

GVGjr
30-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Being that we don't get over to the WO very often (last time was July last year!)...can anyone tell me if there are any facilities to get food/coffee there yet?

Last year they were still in construction and did not have a coffe shop etc open. We will be at the Train with the Team day tomorrow and would like to know if we need to take packed lunch with us again.

There has been an area set aside for food and coffee but I'm not sure it's operational.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 10:33 PM
There has been an area set aside for food and coffee but I'm not sure it's operational.

It's all good. Not a big deal to throw a bag of food together. The kids get fed for lunch, but we're staying for the day too, so we'll need some snacks to keep us going!
If there is other food & especially coffee there.....then awesome bonus!!

Looking forward to having a browse round the hop though. Will be hard not to spend a fortune! Seb wants a new white jumper for the boys to sign - run out of room on the other one LOL ;)

Seb's just looking forward to running around (head cold and all...) and to run in his new footy boots.

Will post some pics of the day at some point after the event if anyone's interested! Hubby's working on his sports photography apprenticeship. He is also gathering a great portfolio of action shots at each game we attend too. If anyone wants to check them out let me know.