PDA

View Full Version : Quick Fill In

lemmon
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi guys sorry to be a pain but I just flew in from Turkey and am desperate for some footy news. I've missed the entire start of the proper season and all I really know is that we are 2-1 after losing to the Pies. I would be extremely grateful if anyone could fill me in on how our form has been, who's been good, who's been disappointing, who has surprised etc.
Thanks heaps in advance.

AndrewP6
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Beat the Hawks by 16 in a hard contest. We ran over them in the last quarter. Injuries to Picken, Akermanis and Hargrave (who is currently undergoing tests at Epworth hospital :( ) soured the win. Johnno remains on the shelf, with a "virus" according to the club - many believing it is the calf/achilles still giving him grief.

As for form, Everitt has done well, IMO. Hill has done some good things, as has Mitch Hahn. Ryan Griffen seems to have lifted, apparently did well today (I missed the game unfortunately). Coons and Murph seem back to their best, both moving well and looking dangerous. BAZZA has had some mixed results, with Rocket saying it's going to take some time for him and the team to jell. Kicked 6 today, 4 in the last qtr. Personally, I think he's improved us already, and adds more than just his goalkicking.

Anyhoo, there's some of my thoughts.

lemmon
11-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks heaps Andrew, always difficult to keep up to date while overseas

boydogs
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Flu ran through the side early, forcing Morris to miss Rd 1 and affecting several other defenders - defense was a rabble in that game. Forwards looking old at times, allowing opposition to trampoline away. Richmond are disgraceful, so don't take much from the 72-point win in Rd 2. Not too bad today, with a 16 point win over the Hawks, though goal kicking was off, which is starting to become a theme

Gilbee and Griffen having great years so far. Minson struggling from lack of pre-season but looked OK today for mine. Johnno, Ward & Eagleton out of the side at the moment, Moles and Hill have been in and out of the side. Addison got a run Rd 1 for Morris but not since

KT31
12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Flu ran through the side early, forcing Morris to miss Rd 1 and affecting several other defenders - defense was a rabble in that game. Forwards looking old at times, allowing opposition to trampoline away. Richmond are disgraceful, so don't take much from the 72-point win in Rd 2. Not too bad today, with a 16 point win over the Hawks, though goal kicking was off, which is starting to become a theme

Gilbee and Griffen having great years so far. Minson struggling from lack of pre-season but looked OK today for mine. Johnno, Ward & Eagleton out of the side at the moment, Moles and Hill have been in and out of the side. Addison got a run Rd 1 for Morris but not since

Not to forget Coon who IMO would be leading the B/f and have a few Brownlow votes under his belt.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Ben Hudson has dominated in the ruck all through the pre-season and the 3 rounds so far and rates an honorable mention (IMO). The People's Beard continues to menace the opposition every chance it gets as well.

Will Minson is looking on target for a hat-trick of the most clangers in a year. Leads the count comfortably but a last game schmozzle by Brian Lake will keep Big Will very aware of the nasty numbers column.

Tom Williams looks ready to drop the nickname of China (known for fragility) after completing pre-season and 3 rounds without injury.

Josh Hill has made a good start to the season after turning up to pre-Christmas training "fat as" (Rocket's words, not mine).

Hope you find these comments insightful.

lemmon
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I'm starting to get back into the swing of the competition at the moment. Fantastic news about Griff and it's good to be 2-1 after having a relatively ordinary start to the year both with performances and injuries/sickness.

Sockeye Salmon
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Tom Williams looks ready to drop the nickname of China (known for fragility) after completing pre-season and 3 rounds without injury.

I did see him on the bench at one stage with a grimace on his face and thought, "what has he done now?" It turned out he was just stuffed and needed the rest.

AndrewP6
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks heaps Andrew, always difficult to keep up to date while overseas

No probs.. :)