James Mulligan - Hamstring - 1-2 weeks
Liam Picken - Ankle - 6-8 weeks
Sam Reid - Groin - 2 weeks
Shane Thorne - Knee - 12 weeks
Stephen Tiller - Groin - Available
Callan Ward - Groin - 6 weeks

DOG GOD
12-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Picken :( not good there, and looks like Ward may have OP?

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
^^^ Beat me to it just about to post.

Picken 6-8 weeks - That hurts. Must of broken the ankle?

Ward still 6 weeks away no good..glad Shaggy is available and lets hope Aker is back in just the two weeks.

chef
12-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Good to see Tiller's available.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
looks like Ward may have OP?

Hopefully it's just a case of the club being extra cautious.

Great to see that Tiller is listed as available. Hopefully he'll line up for Williamstown on the weekend.

Doc26
12-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Liam Picken - Ankle - 6-8 weeks

Crap, that hurts :( and in the last seconds of the match.

Sedat
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Our depth will be tested nice and early this season - I'd like to think Ward's groin is nothing series but 4 weeks since the NAB Cup GF and another 6 to go suggests to me that it reeks of something OP-related. The likes of Grant, Wood, Jones, Stack, as well as Rose, have a great opportunity to force their way into the team for an extended period - hope they can see the great opportunity in front of them.

Pretty worried about Ayce's propensity to reinjure his shoulders as well.

Hotdog60
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
With Ward out longer than the 2 weeks 1st mentioned, I hope Reid is only 2 weeks and after a couple of games at Willy can get form and come back in the side.

The Coon Dog
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
With Thorne being out for 12 weeks, he could be placed onto the Long Term Injury List soon which would allow Moles to remain on the list until at least round 11.

chef
12-04-2010, 08:18 PM
With Thorne being out for 12 weeks, he could be placed onto the Long Term Injury List soon which would allow Moles to remain on the list until at least round 11.

Any chance another rookie could be upgraded, maybe Rose?

Rocco Jones
12-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Does anyone know whether it means we can place another rookie onto the main list? I know LTI placement and rookie upgrades can happen at different stages, like Howard and Moles. I would assume we could upgrade say Rose and downgrade him when Howard comes back. I know the rules say a player has to be on LTI for 8 weeks but not sure about rookies. Would upgrading Rose mean Moles has to go back to the rookie list when Howard is back?

With a few injuries, I wouldn't mind some of the run Rose showed on Saturday. Probably has a bigger tank than someone like Wood at the moment.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
When I saw Picken turn his ankle I thought 1 or two maximum not 6-8 weeks. Lots of injuries at other clubs too but we wouldnt want anybody else of substance to go down at this stage.

Rocco Jones
12-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Picken had such a good game as well, kept Bateman very quiet.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Certainly gives Rose greater incentive to lift his game another level. A couple very good performances and the coaching staff will be in deep thought.

Mantis
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
That list doesn't read all that well, but as with Sedat I see this an opportunity for our fringe players to put their best foot forward.

It may also see an opportunity for players to be tried in different roles which can't be a bad thing.

comrade
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
No Johnno?

soupman
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
With Ward out longer than the 2 weeks 1st mentioned, I hope Reid is only 2 weeks and after a couple of games at Willy can get form and come back in the side.

My thoughts exactly. Really keen to see him back in the mix.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
My thoughts exactly. Really keen to see him back in the mix.

Going to be a top AFL player, hope he is back soon.

Rocco Jones
12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
No Johnno?

Very limited pre-season, played Round 1 without any practice games and struggled and misses the next 2 games including a week off the training track.

Really unsure whether a trip up North is the best thing for Johnno, especially when we have a 6 day break after it.

comrade
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Very limited pre-season, played Round 1 without any practice games and struggled and misses the next 2 games including a week off the training track.

Really unsure whether a trip up North is the best thing for Johnno, especially when we have a 6 day break after it.

I meant no mention of him on the injury list despite whispers that the virus he was suffering from was a mutant strain that affected the calf area ;)

Rocco Jones
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I meant no mention of him on the injury list despite whispers that the virus he was suffering from was a mutant strain that affected the calf area ;)

Haha, sorry. So caught up in replying to threads I must have thought this was an ins and outs one.

LostDoggy
13-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Picken :( not good there, and looks like Ward may have OP?

I know a man in Donald that can fix O.P. in one or maximun 2 visits. He treats Carl Coll Melb and the Bushrangers as well as people coming from all parts of the globe. I sent this to Eade with no reply. Perhaps our medicos get their noses out of joint but having Ward back in half the time is in our best interests I would have thought

Doc26
13-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I know a man in Donald that can fix O.P. in one or maximun 2 visits. He treats Carl Coll Melb and the Bushrangers as well as people coming from all parts of the globe. I sent this to Eade with no reply. Perhaps our medicos get their noses out of joint but having Ward back in half the time is in our best interests I would have thought

Hughy, I'm betting he keeps that off his resume ;)

bornadog
13-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Ward, OP ????

chef
13-04-2010, 02:58 PM

He's the one that fixed Judd's groin.

Mantis
13-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Ward, OP ????

In short no.

Pain in the groin region, but it isn't thought to be OP related.

westbulldog
13-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Not good news to lose Aker and Picken, both integral parts of our structure. Aker the champ and Picken plays like his old man, fearless, uncompromising with a lot of quality thrown in. Maybe Eagleton will get a go, his gut running goals are great and vivid memories but also was his inability to score from 35-40m against Geelong in the vital third quater of a final. Easton Wood gives indications of being a good player given a bit more experience.

LostDoggy
13-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Not good news about Picken - must admit I missed him rolling his ankle. We will certainly miss his tenacity and courage, but hopefully it will give someone else a chance to step up to the mark.

bornadog
13-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Does any one believe Johnno will play this week?

The Coon Dog
13-04-2010, 11:51 PM

I don't, prefer to wait until he's 100% to be honest.

bornadog
13-04-2010, 11:53 PM

I agree with that, his age is catching up and its harder to get over injuries.

AndrewP6
14-04-2010, 12:26 AM

Personally, I'm sceptical of his ability to get back at all, at the moment. Just getting flashback to Westy's efforts to get back, only for the club to continually say he's "two weeks away". I know the injuries are different, but I'm not confident. Will be rapt when/if he does. But as others have said, he's got to be right.

Go_Dogs
14-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Personally, I'm sceptical of his ability to get back at all, at the moment. Just getting flashback to Westy's efforts to get back, only for the club to continually say he's "two weeks away". I know the injuries are different, but I'm not confident. Will be rapt when/if he does. But as others have said, he's got to be right.

Thankfully Johnno's troubles seem to be more soft-tissue related, rather than a degenerative knee condition which Westy had. Still though, at his age soft-tissue injuries can become pretty lengthy - and long spells on the sidelines won't help his conditioning and match fitness.

At the moment, I'm pretty confident we'll see him in a few weeks.

Desipura
14-04-2010, 09:57 AM

If Johnno does not come in, who does?
Out: Picken & Aker
In: Addison & Eagleton?

That does not read well however if you replace similar type players, this is what is most likely to happen.

EasternWest
14-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Good to see Tiller's available.

What chef said. Love to see him recapture his 08 finals form, when he was just so good.

The Coon Dog
14-04-2010, 11:14 AM
If Johnno does not come in, who does?
Out: Picken & Aker
In: Addison & Eagleton?

That does not read well however if you replace similar type players, this is what is most likely to happen.

Hard to imagine anything else to be honest.

Ozza
14-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Correct. 2 visits and Judd was back playing.

I know the bulldogs are saying Ward doesn't have OP - I hope that they're right/telling the truth - because I keep hearing rumours and speculation to the contrary.

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Correct. 2 visits and Judd was back playing.

I know the bulldogs are saying Ward doesn't have OP - I hope that they're right/telling the truth - because I keep hearing rumours and speculation to the contrary.

Three months rest would be consistant with getting over OP.

wend1604
14-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Eade has apparently said that Johnson would certainly have to be in the mix to return this week. This was heard on a radio news broadcast this morning. Don't know if he will or not, though.

Am devastated about Picken. Poor bloke! :(

OLD SCRAGGer
14-04-2010, 04:02 PM
^^^ Beat me to it just about to post.

Picken 6-8 weeks - That hurts. Must of broken the ankle?

Ward still 6 weeks away no good..glad Shaggy is available and lets hope Aker is back in just the two weeks.

Popped in to have a quick look at training this morning, and bugger me, AKER was out there doing ALL the training, kicking both feet, running (fast) and everything the other guys did, so not sure he has Hammy problem? From my view point, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on weekend:confused::confused::confused:

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 04:33 PM
[/B]

Popped in to have a quick look at training this morning, and bugger me, AKER was out there doing ALL the training, kicking both feet, running (fast) and everything the other guys did, so not sure he has Hammy problem? From my view point, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on weekend:confused::confused::confused:

Hope you're right! I LOVE seeing aker playing against brisbane .

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Fingers and toes crossed here!! :D

bornadog
14-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Fingers and toes crossed here!! :D

and hammies crossed as well:D

Desipura
14-04-2010, 05:17 PM
My sources tell me Ward has OP, 6 weeks as reported is fairly accurate at this stage.

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Would be his last game at the Gabba too so he must be itching to play!

bornadog
14-04-2010, 05:29 PM
My sources tell me Ward has OP, 6 weeks as reported is fairly accurate at this stage.

Not sure if its full op, but does have a problem in the groin area and it does look like 6 weeks.

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Thats the one ... he fixed my back when nobody could down here... hes a magician

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Gee, that's good news about Aker, now I guess we will need to wait and see if he plays! I, too, love seeing him play against his old side - he just seems to revel in it, and usually pulls out a great game for us ;)

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 10:21 AM
They said on Fox Sports News last night that Aker won't play. Johnno is pushing for selection but they think he'll be back next week. Eagleton is most likely to come back this week. Hargreaves is also fit to play.

BulldogBelle
15-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Wonder if Aker might be a late inclusion despite the reports...

Am sure if its just a spasm or cramp on the hamstring, Aker might want to still play his last game at the Gabba

The Coon Dog
15-04-2010, 10:52 AM
They said on Fox Sports News last night that Aker won't play. Johnno is pushing for selection but they think he'll be back next week. Eagleton is most likely to come back this week. Hargreaves is also fit to play.

Hargrave. Pet hate of mine, incorrect spelling of names. ;)

comrade
15-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I was waiting for it :D

Desipura
15-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Not sure if its full op, but does have a problem in the groin area and it does look like 6 weeks.
Well, my sources say OP.

Mantis
15-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, my sources say OP.

The treatment Ward has had to try and rectify his groin problem is not treatment that would be given to someone suffering the effects of OP.

Doc26
15-04-2010, 12:18 PM
The injury that Cal sustained in the NAB Cup match was strained stomach muscles which was diagnosed at the time as a ~4 week outage. Haven't had an update since but I'm assuming now the 'groin' flare up has occured since his injury in the NAB Cup. Can anyone confirm this ?

EasternWest
15-04-2010, 01:35 PM

What he said. There are no Hargraves' or Griffin's at our club.

The Pie Man
15-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Would be his last game at the Gabba too so he must be itching to play!

I kinda like the thought that the last time anyone at the Gabba saw him play live it was piercing a left foot dagger into their heart on behalf of the Dogs.

That is if we don't have to travel there in September....

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 03:25 PM

Oops, I'm usually good with my spelling. Perhaps I should've just written Shaggy? :o

Bulldog4life
15-04-2010, 03:30 PM
What he said. There are no Hargraves' or Griffin's at our club.

Or Smorgan.:)

Desipura
23-04-2010, 10:35 AM
The treatment Ward has had to try and rectify his groin problem is not treatment that would be given to someone suffering the effects of OP.

Ward went into Cabrini last week, he has OP. Came out with a great deal of pain. I was given the technical term of the procedure however I cannot give any more info.

Mantis
23-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Ward went into Cabrini last week, he has OP. Came out with a great deal of pain. I was given the technical term of the procedure however I cannot give any more info.

I was told by someone who should know that he didn't have OP last Tuesday.

Obviously the diagnosis has changed since then, but as I explained the treatment he was given prior to last Tuesday isn't the 'norm' for an OP injury.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Thats the one ... he fixed my back when nobody could down here... hes a magician

Oh, that explains it then -- fixing backs and OP is basic spellcasting, part of the first year curriculum at Hogwarts. :)

The Bulldogs Bite
23-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Obviously the diagnosis has changed since then, but as I explained the treatment he was given prior to last Tuesday isn't the 'norm' for an OP injury.

Either way, it doesn't appear to be getting any better for Ward at the moment. Really do hope he's able to play in the second half of the year, we've really missed him.

Desipura
23-04-2010, 02:44 PM

No offence, if you knew my contact you would understand this is 100% correct. I had it in writing.
Short of being from the horses mouth, this is the next closest thing.