PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R4

GVGjr
18-04-2010, 12:41 AM
I should have done this a bit earlier but please posts your thoughts.

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

AndrewP6
18-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Spoiler - very hard to choose just one... but I'll say Willbur. Time for a spell after "that" out of bounds kick.

Guns - Bazza's four goals; money if I ever saw it. Not sure I can choose two others.

Money - Again, Bazza's goals. And the only others I can think of are Lions. And I don't wanna do that.

boydogs
18-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Spoiler - Running out of puff
Guns - Harbrow, one of the few who kept running. Gia, got us into the game in the first half. Hall, made the most of his opportunities
Money - The Hall goal just before half time - great evasion and snap for goal from a fair distance to give us a 4-goal halftime lead

Dazza
18-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Spoilers - Entire midfield, Minson, Hargrave's stupid frees and 50's, Murphy had a shocker
Guns - Lake (tried all game, kept Brown quiet until last quarter when others continually turned the ball over sending the ball into their forward line far too quickly) Harbrow (love him and his never give in attitude) Griffen (kept having a crack) Addison (booted 2 goals and was one of our better players)
Money - Josh Hill's goal at an absolute critical stage in the game from a difficult spot (other than that he was pretty crap)

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Spoilers - (Gotta split it between 3) Shaggy, Gilbee & Murphy were nowhere near their best.
Guns - Lake, Harbrow and Cooney
Money - I enjoyed both of Addison's snap shot goals, they were brilliant and he loved every minute of it.

Hotdog60
18-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Spoilers -The teams lack of intensity and turnovers
Guns - Lake, Harbrow and Griffen
Money - Lake's mark over Brown early in the match, when the rest of the team couldn't handle the ball.

GVGjr
18-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Spoiler (just one remember)
Murphy, every time he went near the ball he fumbled it. Quietest game for ages.
Guns
Harbrows running
Griffens workrate
Halls explosion of goals
Money
The Addison snaps. Despite some of his limitations, he really does try hard.

Mantis
18-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Spoiler (just one remember)
Murphy, every time he went near the ball he fumbled it. Quietest game for ages.
Guns
Harbrows running
Griffens workrate
Halls explosion of goals
Money
The Addison snaps. Despite some of his limitations, he really does try hard.

Agree with them GVGjr, only change is Money:

One of the first times the ball goes to Brown v Lake in a 1 on 1 contest Brian just casually jumps over the top to take a hanger. Brown has been the most dominant player in the competition over the first 3 weeks, but that doesn't really concern our Bryza.... Handball after the mark wasn't the best.

Hotdog60
18-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Spoilers -The teams lack of intensity and turnovers
Guns - Lake, Harbrow and Griffen
Money - Lake's mark over Brown early in the match, when the rest of the team couldn't handle the ball.

Ok (one) spoiler, Gilbee's handpass to 3 Bulldogs and picks out Power.

Go_Dogs
18-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Spoiler - Same as Hotdog60 - that Gilbee handball. He had Cooney, Griffen and Hill all lined up and ready to run into goal, missed all 3 of them and hit a Brisbane player (the only Brisbane player) who was close by. A goal there could've kept us in it.

Guns - Griffen, Harbrow and Addison - the young brigade did well and took their chances.

Money - Have to go with Addison as a few others have. His couple of snap goals, resulting from his work to cause a turnover and be in the right spot, were a highlight. Maybe a re-think on Addison in the "defensive forward" role based on that performance?

Hotdog60
18-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe a re-think on Addison in the "defensive forward" role based on that performance?

Interesting thought as some posters here are calling for Hahn's head. Could Addison fill that role, he puts his body on the line but Hahn has the strength.

Ozza
18-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Spoiler - Gilbee. His kick ins were the worst I've seen him do and he had the fumbles after a tremendous start to the year/

Gun: Harbrow's composure and dash in defence.

Money: Hall's running goals.

Go_Dogs
18-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Interesting thought as some posters here are calling for Hahn's head. Could Addison fill that role, he puts his body on the line but Hahn has the strength.

He was trialled in the role with limited success last year, but he really looked comfortable crumbing and snapping last night, and we know he works his backside off to make a contest, apply the pressure. If we are going to give him a go, I'd like to see us persist with him for a stretch of time (4+ games) and allow him to work into the role and find his feet.