PDA

View Full Version : WOOF / BEARD scarves

Pages : 1 [2]

The Pie Man
23-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks Pie Man for this AMAZING scarf!
I am proudly wearing it at the moment, and can feel the power of THE BEARD running through my veins after a 70 point thumping!
Also, who was that bloke who recognized me as 'The guy who went on the ground at the StKilda game'. It's a good feeling being recognized! ;)

What's the story there? I didn't see/hear anything happen at the St Kilda game..

bornadog
23-05-2010, 03:42 PM
What's the story there? I didn't see/hear anything happen at the St Kilda game..

How much have you raised for WOOF.net.au

The Coon Dog
23-05-2010, 06:57 PM

It was last year, had to make as big a dill of himself, but was put to the sword by a pretty young thing from the Saints. ;)

Greystache
23-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks again for your work Rohan, the scarves are fantastic and being double thickness they're really warm too.

It was good to meet a few fellow posters too, Alexxx, TCD etc, even with the worst hangover I've had in 3 years it was good to put a face to the names. And yes, I'm not actually in fact an elderly man... or even capable of growing a 'tache.

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 07:21 PM
It was last year, had to make as big a dill of himself, but was put to the sword by a pretty young thing from the Saints. ;)

And was worth it in the end!
The prize was 2 Grand Final tickets, but i ended up losing, and making a fool out of myself in front of 45,000 people for nothing..
BUT i got a call from the girl after the game and she gave me the other Grand Final ticket, which was so generous of her :)
Pity though that the Doggies didnt make the granny last year..
I even shed a tear when the teams came on the ground :(

FlightoftheCallanWards
23-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Must admit I saw plenty of them and felt a little left out :P

Might have to grab one ;)

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Soooo happy!!!! thanks sooo much for coming to find me in the locker room!! Was going to put up a photo but not sure how!!

The Coon Dog
23-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Soooo happy!!!! thanks sooo much for coming to find me in the locker room!! Was going to put up a photo but not sure how!!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/020.jpg

woofgirl celebrating Huddo's goal in the Locker Room!

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks Coon Dog!!

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Shirts, Caps, Scarfs.
What next? Flags to wave at the footy? ;)

LostDoggy
24-05-2010, 12:49 PM
so now that we have the scarf, and some people have a Woof cap also - does this mean we're officially a cult?!! ;)

LostDoggy
24-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Lovely to meet you Pie Man & a few other WOOFers too. Great scarf, thanks for organising them. :)

LostDoggy
24-05-2010, 05:52 PM
The next census we could be a religion?? How many do we need for that??

LostDoggy
24-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Are there any more scarfs avalible with tassels? Please let me know and i will put the funds into the account and get it mailed out.

LostDoggy
24-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Pie Man, i am going to have to organise for a mail out with my two.

LostDoggy
25-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the scarf Pie Man. Collected mine last Saturday. Computer not working properly so have just got to this site. My daughter saw my scarf on Saturday and now wants one with tassles. Is it still possible to order one? Let me know and I'll organise payment etc. Thanks again. Proudly wore scarf all the way home on the 3 hour train trip!!

dadsgirl16
25-05-2010, 09:11 AM
I proudly wore mine on Saturday and now my niece wants one,any left without tassles??Although
with would be fine too.Will transfer money and get it mailed if you have one spare.Thanks!!

The Coon Dog
25-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I guess the scarfs have proven extremely popular.

Just out of curiosity TPM, how many have been sold & how many do you still have to sell?

Is there the possibility to run off a second batch if there is demand?

Topdog
25-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I wore mine to a pub on Friday night. My 2 Bulldog supporting mates loved them and 1 wanted to buy 1. My Richmond supporting mate said it was the best bit of Bulldog merchandise he has seen.

Top work all involved.

Scraggers
25-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks Pie Man ... mine arrived Friday and I wore it to NAPLAN marking (mmm ... topical) on Saturday whilst Barry Hall was being mobbed by his adoring North fans. :D

Love it ... great job Rohan !!

LostDoggy
25-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I love mine, thanks Rohan!

Was great to meet everybody as well. Is there a pub/venue we could catch up at before games?

The Pie Man
25-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I guess the scarfs have proven extremely popular.

Just out of curiosity TPM, how many have been sold & how many do you still have to sell?

Is there the possibility to run off a second batch if there is demand?

I finally got around to updating the spreadsheet just then - totals are

Sold : 51 (including ones I have aside from AndrewP6 & dalesgirl38)
Donation to WOOF currently : $255

I believe there's 16 left, though I'll do a stocktake when I get home tonight - majority of these are sans tassles. I'm mailing out to two more people today.

Is there a possibility to run off a second batch should there be demand? Absolutely!!!! ;)

LostDoggy
25-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Just wanted to also record my thanks, TPM, finally got to the post office today to pick my parcel up. The scarf is fantastic, and I look forward to wearing it with pride :cool:

The Pie Man
26-05-2010, 09:46 AM
My wife sent me a text this morning - she was walking down William St and saw one of the Beard scarves. It's a phenomenon :D

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 11:36 AM
My wife sent me a text this morning - she was walking down William St and saw one of the Beard scarves. It's a phenomenon :D

What time was it? I wore mine on the way to work down William Street this morning. I work at cnr William & Bourke.

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I love mine, thanks Rohan!

Was great to meet everybody as well. Is there a pub/venue we could catch up at before games?

The Nixon across the road from the scarf meeting point seems the most convenient pub to meet-up at ;)

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 01:14 PM
The Nixon across the road from the scarf meeting point seems the most convenient pub to meet-up at ;)

I'll drink to that!! :D

Greystache
26-05-2010, 06:33 PM
What time was it? I wore mine on the way to work down William Street this morning. I work at cnr William & Bourke.

Might have been me also, I work in the Rialto but walked down from Flagstaff this morning. We'll make it standard corporate attire before the year is out BAS!

I imagine Da Druid will be wearing his at Flagstaff in the mornings too.

FlightoftheCallanWards
26-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Not sure if my PM sent Pie Man...

Just wondering about the number of scarves left. Preferably tassles :D

cheers

The Pie Man
26-05-2010, 06:48 PM
There's 17 left but only one with tassles - though I'm going to fix that - I'll speak to the knitting mill and ask nicely if he can put some onto maybe 10 of them (or the whole lot perhaps)

Raw Toast
26-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Got mine today, very very happy (4 year old daughter wrapt as well). Ta muchly.

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Pie Man.
Just wondering if you got my request for another scarf, for my daughter this time. She was impressed when she saw mine on Saturday and wanted one with tassles if possible please. It was on page 14 of this thread. Let me know if my request will be granted and I will sort out the finances and pick up solutions etc.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Strebla sent me this pic & asked me to post it.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/photo.jpg

The Pie Man
27-05-2010, 12:41 PM
^^^

Is there an emitocon for bring a tear to the eye?

The Coon Dog
27-05-2010, 12:49 PM
^^^

Is there an emitocon for bring a tear to the eye?

http://www.best-of-web.com/_images/080508-160302-197007.jpg

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Pie Man, just confirming that you've received my PMs from last week? Address, bank transfer sent, no tassles. Thanks!

ps. GREAT photo of Murph with the goods. This is viral marketing at its hippest.

The Pie Man
27-05-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.best-of-web.com/_images/080508-160302-197007.jpg

haha close - I was more thinking tears of joy/laughing too hard.

The Pie Man
27-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Lantern, dadsgirl16, KT31 & bulldog4EVER - payments received, will mail out tomorrow. Thanks guys, and sorry for any delay.

bornadog
27-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Lantern, dadsgirl16, KT31 & bulldog4EVER - payments received, will mail out tomorrow. Thanks guys, and sorry for any delay.

Three cheers for The Pie Man, what an awesome job you have done.

hip hip

HOORAY

hip hip

HOORAY

hip hip

HOORAY

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks heaps mate. And once again thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this.

Great pic of Murph too.

strebla
27-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for that Coon Dog Bobbie was wrapped with the scarf and was proud to have his pic taken in his words "got to get me one of these"

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Absolutely no worries, mate. Wasn't rushing you, just wanted to make sure you got my payment for your hard work (and as promised). Would have been happy to wait till you had a few more orders to mail out together. Cheers dude!

craigsahibee
27-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Combining both the t-shirt and scarf sales, surely the man can now be referred to as Huddo.Inc.

Can we float Huddo on the ASX as part of a capital raising investment scheme.

Deputy PM Julia can persuade K Rudd to offer taxation imputation credits to investors in the scheme and claim it was erroneously left out of the Henry Taxation Report.

AndrewP6
27-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Pie Man, wondering if you're going to the game tomorrow night? Any possibility of meeting up for me to collect my scarf? Will come armed with the appropriate funds of course. I'm sitting on Level 2, Aisle 48, happy to meet somewhere...

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 10:58 PM
^^^ Same with me Pie_Man, if you're going to the game it'd be great if I could pick it up. I'll be there a couple of hours before the game starts probably and can be anywhere that's convenient. Thanks :)

LostDoggy
27-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Just put $25.00 in your account Pie Man. Could I have a scarf with tassles this time for my daughter please? Won't be able to pick it up until the Collingwood game if you are going to that one as I'm not able to go tomorrow. Thanks for all your great work.

The Pie Man
27-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I am unexpectedly going tomorrow night (scored free tickets this arvo)

I'll be at the Woolshed pub at around 6:30 - anyone wanting to collect, let me know before midday tomorrow (Max469 I believe is confirmed for pick up) so I can bring the right amount along.

Will only be non tassled left for collection tomorrow until I can get the rest tassled up (mailing out two tassled ones tomorrow, one I've set aside aside for DaDruid following his donation to beard we honour)

AndrewP6
28-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I am unexpectedly going tomorrow night (scored free tickets this arvo)

I'll be at the Woolshed pub at around 6:30 - anyone wanting to collect, let me know before midday tomorrow (Max469 I believe is confirmed for pick up) so I can bring the right amount along.

Will only be non tassled left for collection tomorrow until I can get the rest tassled up (mailing out two tassled ones tomorrow, one I've set aside aside for DaDruid following his donation to beard we honour)

Where's the Woolshed pub?

The Pie Man
28-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Where's the Woolshed pub?

www.woolshedpub.com.au
t18/161 Harbour Esplanade

You can see it from the outside area of the Victory Room - it's on the water. Not as close as the Nixon (still not far though) but better.

KT31
28-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks The Pie Man and great job.

AndrewP6
28-05-2010, 12:46 AM
www.woolshedpub.com.au
t18/161 Harbour Esplanade

You can see it from the outside area of the Victory Room - it's on the water. Not as close as the Nixon (still not far though) but better.

Thanks... probably a dumb question, but can I get there easily from ES? In terms of wheelchair access, I mean....

Mantis
28-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks... probably a dumb question, but can I get there easily from ES? In terms of wheelchair access, I mean....

There are lifts on either side of AFL house on Harbour Esplande which take you up to the concourse level.

LostDoggy
28-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I imagine Da Druid will be wearing his at Flagstaff in the mornings too.

Every opportunity I get!!

:D:D:cool::D

Greystache
28-05-2010, 05:41 PM

I get off at Flagstaff on Fridays so I'll wear it with my suit and I expect a chant!! :D

LostDoggy
28-05-2010, 06:16 PM
That picture of Bobby is priceless :D

The word is by far out there! ;)

BulldogBelle
31-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Do you have any scarves left?

l sent a pm but have had no reply.

Thanks

The Pie Man
31-05-2010, 07:55 PM

Thanks

Sorry TDB - I do, I've been meaning to speak to the mill about attaching tassles to about 10 of the 15 I have left....I know he can do it, I just want him to do it for free!

Unless you were happy with no tassles, in which case I have some ready now.

Oh and since you gave yours to Baz, don't worry about fixing me up for it!

The Coon Dog
31-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Thanks

Did you really give your scarf to Bazzzzza?

BulldogBelle
31-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Did you really give your scarf to Bazzzzza?

l have sent you a PM of my message l sent to The Pie Man and you will see that l did not say l gave mine to Baz but l promised one to him.

LostDoggy
31-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry TDB - I promised to deliver him a scarf !!!! Now that could have been interesting if we had given him the scarf on the night LOL

The Pie Man
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
l have sent you a PM of my message l sent to The Pie Man and you will see that l did not say l gave mine to Baz but l promised one to him.

How's my attention to detail? Sorry TDB, that is absolutely what you said.

LostDoggy
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Pie_Man,

Have you received the payment for the postage? I sent it on Sunday (or Saturday? I can't remember), but I'm not sure how long it takes to go through. I PM'd you my address, looking forward to getting it in the mail! Thanks.

LostDoggy
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Should try selling the scarves to the players. I'm sure one or two will want one. :)

BulldogBelle
01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
How's my attention to detail? Sorry TDB, that is absolutely what you said.

No problems!

Just put money in your a/c

KT31
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Thankyou Pie Man I recieved my scarf and it is even better than the images.
Great job

The Pie Man
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Mate at work is into bikes, he mentioned today he was riding at the Dirt Crits (he said anyone there or into Mountain Bikes will be familiar with the term) underneath the West Gate and he saw someone there wearing the scarfe.

Quick update - I dropped off 10 scarves yesterday to get tassles attached, and he's giving me 6 extra that were left over as samples. Will pick these up next week.

Raw Toast
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm in the US for a sports history conference but also got a bit of time to hang out in California. Took the scarf to a Padres game on Wed (walk off grand slam in 11th, after Padres got out of jail 1-0, 2 outs and 2 strikes down in the 9th!) and got lots of positive comments, including one from an usher who wants to look into buying one!

Can you put one on hold - it seems like you've got some extra ones at the moment, so I'll email him to let him know they are available. I can send it to the US (from work hopefully), so postage shouldn't be an issue.

LostDoggy
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Got my scarf today, it's great! Thanks again Pie_Man. :)

The Pie Man
07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I picked up some scarves with tassles today - after putting a few aside, I've still got a few left if anyone's still keen - home game on Sunday as good a opportunity as ever (oooh with a public holiday Monday too.....)

Let me know - only one left without tassles if anyone is anti-tassle.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I hope you have one with tassles saved for me please Pie Man, I ordered and paid for it back a couple of pages. Let me know where to meet on Sunday for collection. Thanks.

AndrewP6
07-06-2010, 11:18 PM
I picked up some scarves with tassles today - after putting a few aside, I've still got a few left if anyone's still keen - home game on Sunday as good a opportunity as ever (oooh with a public holiday Monday too.....)

Let me know - only one left without tassles if anyone is anti-tassle.

Can we try again?? Meet at the ground somewhere, if possible. I requested without tassles, but given my hopelessness at finding you, I'll take whatever!

The Pie Man
08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I hope you have one with tassles saved for me please Pie Man, I ordered and paid for it back a couple of pages. Let me know where to meet on Sunday for collection. Thanks.

Certainly do 39M, got your payment through.

I might have a beer at the Nixon pre game - which is very near the last scarfe rendezvous point. Unless it's raining, I'll plan to stand outside to make it easier for people to come and collect should they not want to imbibe

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
How do we get to the Nixon again? Sorry I don't know all the pubs in the region. I did a collection in the first batch, is that the place you mean?

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
How do we get to the Nixon again? Sorry I don't know all the pubs in the region. I did a collection in the first batch, is that the place you mean?

Yeah the Nixon is across the road from that first meeting point, the bar on the corner.

The Pie Man
08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Photo courtesy of Da Druid

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/TheBeard.jpg

The Pie Man
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM
To save confusion on Sunday, I'll meet anyone picking up a scarfe or two at the same place and same time as the North game.

Which means 1 pm at the bottom of the stairs outside gate 3 - thanks again to alexxx for this amusing yet extremely useful pic with directions.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/thepieman.jpg

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Will see you there Pie Man, how should i introduce myself?

"Hi, i am JH40"

"Hi JH40, i am Pie Man"

:D

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
photo courtesy of da druid

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/thebeard.jpg

this is absolute gold!! Love it!!!

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Great picture glad Huddo is embracing it!

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I'll be heading over to the US in November, and will wear my Hudson's Beard scarf with pride to Vegas and Arizona!! Wonder what the Yanks will make of it!!

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM
What a great shot with Huddo and the scarf - absolutely a classic! (Hope the Beard is impressed with his standing, i.e., his adoring public - he!he!):p

Topdog
08-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure how this all works but i'm keen for a scarf :) Friend of mine has one and i love it!!!
if u could please let me know how i go bout getting one, that would be great, cheers!!

You basically just need to pay the Pie Man. Can meet him at the ground or send money via a bank transfer.

FlightoftheCallanWards
09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Just was watching replay of Sunday (don't ask me why) and after Hill's goal to get it back to 9 points with a couple of minutes left, saw someone donning one of these. Wondering which one of you guys it is?

Great to see the scarves getting some air time :D

The Pie Man
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Just was watching replay of Sunday (don't ask me why) and after Hill's goal to get it back to 9 points with a couple of minutes left, saw someone donning one of these. Wondering which one of you guys it is?

Great to see the scarves getting some air time :D

That would be B-Rad Bulldog

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/B-Radfooty.jpg

There was a mixture of pride and hilarity at seeing that on TV, my wife was p_ssing herself laughing (she thinks the whole scarfe thing is hilarious)

LostDoggy
09-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Good Screenshot Rohan,

How did you manage that?

The Pie Man
09-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Good Screenshot Rohan,

How did you manage that?

Thank B-RadBulldog for that one - was on the Game day thread, I just pinched it like I did your pic from a few weeks ago ;)

LostDoggy
09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
That would be B-Rad Bulldog

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/B-Radfooty.jpg

There was a mixture of pride and hilarity at seeing that on TV, my wife was p_ssing herself laughing (she thinks the whole scarfe thing is hilarious)

Haha! As soon as I was on, my mate called me and told me that I was on tv with a ridiculous scarf on! I just replied with, Your just jealous you cant wear a scarf with such power! :)

comrade
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
The power of the scarf was what got us back in the game. Alas, not even the Beard could overcome 3 quarters of crapness.

LostDoggy
10-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I saw the beard and co train on Saturday morning after spending up at the Bulldog shop. I've never seen training before and was something worth getting to. The beard when the balls kicked way beyond his reach does this funny arms outstrecthed thing. In fact training is the best thing to watch as only Bulldogs are on the field and there are no losers.

That photo of the namesake is hilarious by the way. What a top bloke he is. I hope he's not getting overawed with the attention. I rarely approach players and if I ever happen to see Benny in public and he notices the scarf, all I'll be giving is an acknowledging nod and be on my way. Yes that's right I'm never not going to be wearing the scarf, even in summer.

LostDoggy
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Haha! As soon as I was on, my mate called me and told me that I was on tv with a ridiculous scarf on! I just replied with, Your just jealous you cant wear a scarf with such power! :)

Even the magnificance of a Bulldog mohawk is no match for the power of a People's Beard scarf. There goes any future airtime I was looking forward to.;)

The Pie Man
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Even the magnificance of a Bulldog mohawk is no match for the power of a People's Beard scarf. There goes any future airtime I was looking forward to.;)

The two combined I imagine would unleah a power that would be irrepressible :)

Desipura
10-06-2010, 03:16 PM

You do not strike me as someone who looks for airtime? :D

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Was great to pick up my WOOF/Beard scarf today! Thanks again Pie Man, great job on these!!!

chef
13-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Was great to pick up my WOOF/Beard scarf today! Thanks again Pie Man, great job on these!!!

Yep, well done TPM.

LostDoggy
13-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Ah, wore my scarf and cap with pride today, and realised that where my seat is there are no other Woofers! (unless they are scarf-less) Don't think many of the members around me are savvy to Woof - coz I didn't really get any reaction (other than you Pie Man when I saw you entering the ground - when you said "nice scarf"!) I think I need to get to and recruit more members or should we keep this an "exclusive cult!" :D

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Ah, wore my scarf and cap with pride today, and realised that where my seat is there are no other Woofers! (unless they are scarf-less) Don't think many of the members around me are savvy to Woof - coz I didn't really get any reaction (other than you Pie Man when I saw you entering the ground - when you said "nice scarf"!) I think I need to get to and recruit more members or should we keep this an "exclusive cult!" :D

Sitting outside the ground after picking up my scarf, chatting to some WOOFers, a young lady approached, inquiring about The Scarf. The Coon Dog and Da Druid pointed said lady in the direction of woof.net! On that, I spotted another scarf, on the Level 3 concourse...who was that man? :)

jazzadogs
13-06-2010, 10:25 PM
There was one on the telecast in the first quarter. Ball was on the wing at a boundary throw in, the scarf was located in the upper RHC of the shot.

LostDoggy
13-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Sitting outside the ground after picking up my scarf, chatting to some WOOFers, a young lady approached, inquiring about The Scarf. The Coon Dog and Da Druid pointed said lady in the direction of woof.net! On that, I spotted another scarf, on the Level 3 concourse...who was that man? :)

What side of the ground do you sit on AndrewP6? My seat is level 1, aisle 40 (not sure which side this is - city side I think?)

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 10:38 PM
What side of the ground do you sit on AndrewP6? My seat is level 1, aisle 40 (not sure which side this is - city side I think?)

I just have GA membership, so up on Level 3. Today at the Lockett end, Aisle 8 I think.

LostDoggy
13-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I just have GA membership, so up on Level 3. Today at the Lockett end, Aisle 8 I think.

Ah, as I thought - it seems like there are more Woofers on the other side of the ground to me. We had coffee in the Victory Room before the game, and I saw a few when I was leaving there for the trek around to my seat!

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Ah, as I thought - it seems like there are more Woofers on the other side of the ground to me. We had coffee in the Victory Room before the game, and I saw a few when I was leaving there for the trek around to my seat!

I was there too! Like to have a meal, read the Record and meet some Woofers!

LostDoggy
13-06-2010, 10:49 PM
I was there too! Like to have a meal, read the Record and meet some Woofers!

Yes, it would be good to meet some fellow cult members - perhaps we need to co-ordinate better! Am I right in thinking that only AFL members can get into the Victory room? My partner is an AFL member, and he was with me today - I've never tried to get in on my WB membership?

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes, it would be good to meet some fellow cult members - perhaps we need to co-ordinate better! Am I right in thinking that only AFL members can get into the Victory room? My partner is an AFL member, and he was with me today - I've never tried to get in on my WB membership?

I meet Woofers there quite often - recognised by the BHBAS shirts, and now the caps and scarfs! Some of us have arranged to meet before games before...

Not sure AFL members can get into our Social Club - I'd have thought it'd be just social club members. I think it's a different room for AFL members. Maybe someone else can clarify.

LostDoggy
13-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I meet Woofers there quite often - recognised by the BHBAS shirts, and now the caps and scarfs! Some of us have arranged to meet before games before...

Not sure AFL members can get into our Social Club - I'd have thought it'd be just social club members. I think it's a different room for AFL members. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Thanks - I have social club membership also, so hopefully that's the deal for our home games? Because it's virtually opposite where I sit, I don't always get around there but I would like to meet other Woofers!

AndrewP6
13-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks - I have social club membership also, so hopefully that's the deal for our home games? Because it's virtually opposite where I sit, I don't always get around there but I would like to meet other Woofers!

SC membership entitles you to entry at home games. :)

kyliej
13-06-2010, 11:29 PM
We saw the scarves at the game today, please tell me we can still get some! The BHBAS jumper just didnt do it without the scarf to match!!!

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Every second person i saw today seemed to be wearing a BHBAS Scarf.. good to see!

chef
14-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Got my scarf yesterday and it is awesome, well done The Pie Man for taking the time and trouble to do this.

Also great to meet a few Woofers yesterday(TCD, Da Druid, AndrewP6, The Pie Man and FlightOfTheCallanWards) and put some faces to user names.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Ran into a lovely lady fellow bulldog supporter at H/T asking where I got my scarf from cause she had seen Hahn(i think) wearing it at the HOF night. Redirected her to WOOF - they are quite the popular item ;)

Maybe me..sat at level 3, aisle 11 in the 2nd half..

bornadog
14-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Ran into a lovely lady fellow bulldog supporter at H/T asking where I got my scarf from cause she had seen Hahn(i think) wearing it at the HOF night. Redirected her to WOOF - they are quite the popular item ;)

Maybe me..sat at level 3, aisle 11 in the 2nd half..

I saw a scarf about 5 rows back from me on level 2 Aisle 31.

Footscray Oilers
14-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Pie Man,

I'm interested in a scarf. Do you have any left?

willy
14-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I want a scarf! Possibly even 3!! How do I pay for them and where do we pick them up!
GO DOGS!

FlightoftheCallanWards
14-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Great to see a couple of WOOFer's there yesterday when i picked up my scarf. Has been on almost the whole time since. One of the best purchases I have made :)

Thanks heaps Pie Man

mighty_west
14-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I saw a scarf about 5 rows back from me on level 2 Aisle 31.

That could have been me, in row J.

Before I Die
14-06-2010, 03:35 PM
That could have been me, in row J.

Or me in row L. Displayed the WOOF logo this week (or at least the scarf's version). Will have to turn it around and display the Beard in all its hirstute glory next home game.

Chicago1
14-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Caught the match on ESPN3 online and saw DaDruid at the start of the match resplendent in his scarf. Of course, the mohawk was a bit noticeable too!:D

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 03:45 PM
3 People in the last 15 hours asking for a scarf as their first post on the forum - brilliant :D

The Coon Dog
14-06-2010, 04:58 PM
3 People in the last 15 hours asking for a scarf as their first post on the forum - brilliant :D

This might be why:

Ben Hudson People's Beard Scarf (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18079887#post18079887)

A thread on BF.

willy
14-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I would like 3 scarves if they are still selling please

Carnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the mighty dogs

Flamethrower
14-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I would like one with tassels.

ledge
14-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I hope Pieman is ready for the upcoming flood of orders.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Pie Man,

I'm also interested in a scarf. Do you have any left? how do we order cheers

baggins10
14-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I am also keen!

Any left?

Happy Days
14-06-2010, 09:16 PM
The scarves are that good, absolutely flog the membership ones.

I saw two others with them on the weekend, but just in passing, so didn't have a chance to stop and say g'day.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 10:21 PM
This might be why:

Ben Hudson People's Beard Scarf (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18079887#post18079887)

A thread on BF.

''What is WOOF''
''an onomatopoeia used to imitate a dog barking''
LOL! Thats gold :)

The Coon Dog
15-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I see the mods over at Big Footy closed that thread!

You would think if they closed a thread, they would at least say why.

chef
15-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I see the mods over at Big Footy closed that thread!

You would think if they closed a thread, they would at least say why.

I'm surprised they haven't pulled you up for having WOOF in your BF sig.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
15-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I would like four of them please Pie Man. Are there any left?

WBFC4EVER
15-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I too would also like a scarf.

LostDoggy
15-06-2010, 01:22 PM
You do not strike me as someone who looks for airtime? :D

i am working on my introversion, but therapy is so damn expensive!

Desipura
15-06-2010, 02:32 PM
i am working on my introversion, but therapy is so damn expensive!

I saw you from row 15 (could hardly not notice you) :D
You were yelling out something directed to someone behind you (I could not understand, nothing to do with your lack of pearly whites).
You must get someone trying to start a fight almost every match?

cammo78
15-06-2010, 03:32 PM

saw him there this morning with it on...

willy
15-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Where do i get a couple really keen for them

go dogs

EasternWest
16-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok TPM. You win. I bow down to the scarf. Can I have one please?

LostDoggy
16-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks heaps for the scarves Pie Man, they're awesome.

Good to meet you also DaDruid in the Victory Room, my daughter loved your hair :)

The Pie Man
18-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Evening team,

Been a little quiet on the forum this week, when work decides to remind everyone of their personal internet use obligations it always makes a forum poster a little edgy.

And I'm back here late tonight tidying up my workload in preparation for a week in Port Douglas - which brings me to update one : there will be no scarfe mailout for at least a week while I'm away.

Update two : I only have a couple left, and they have been reserved a few weeks ago - so unfortunately I can not fulfil all recent requests - though I'm personally happy to see anybody new to the site due to seeing the scarfe at a game, and hope you find the site as informative and enjoyable as I do.

But does that mean we've seen the last of the Beard scarfe? I honestly don't know....it really depends on the demand, and maybe even another design should the modd warrant. We'll wait and see.

But for the meantime, it's been a fun ride...I feel like Krusty when the Rib-Wich burger offer ended.

AndrewP6
18-06-2010, 09:42 PM
The Scarf (henceforth it should be referred to as a proper noun!:) ) was very popular at work... so many people asking about it, and I'd go into the explanation and gratuitous plug for WOOF. Its popularity grows daily...

Scraggers
18-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Got mine autographed by the great man Huddo tonight at Bulldog training (at Subiaco Oval). I tried to hand the texta to the beard, but appearantly it doesn't give autographs to just anyone ;)

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Wore mine to tonite's Hawks v Dons game, and saw another one being worn two rows in front of me...

Before I Die
19-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Wore mine to tonite's Hawks v Dons game, and saw another one being worn two rows in front of me...

If you were in the members, ground level, it may have been me.

Greystache
19-06-2010, 11:21 AM

If you were on level 3 of the AFL members it might've been ne, tall bloke with a black jacket?

We were sitting about 3 rows behind Buddy Franklins dad, now that's a rough looking unit!!

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 03:55 PM
There was one on the telecast in the first quarter. Ball was on the wing at a boundary throw in, the scarf was located in the upper RHC of the shot.

I was watching the replay and lo and behold there I was in the top right hand corner of the screen wearing my scarf with pride. I couldnt belive it. Never has the foxtel IQ been worn out like that ha ha ha.

bornadog
19-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Got mine autographed by the great man Huddo tonight at Bulldog training (at Subiaco Oval). I tried to hand the texta to the beard, but appearantly it doesn't give autographs to just anyone ;)

How about a report on training Scraggers in a separate thread.

immortalmike
19-06-2010, 05:06 PM
...But for the meantime, it's been a fun ride...I feel like Krusty when the Rib-Wich burger offer ended.

As a big fan of random Simpsons references, that is without a doubt one of the greatest ever.

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Three cheers to The Pie Man! Hip hip.....

chef
19-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Three cheers to The Pie Man! Hip hip.....

Hooray.

LostDoggy
24-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Seeing that Bob Murphy is so proud of The Peoples Beard, and often writes about it, I was wondering if there should be "Peoples Side Burns"?????????????????

LostDoggy
25-06-2010, 01:35 PM
"Murphy's Furphies"?

LostDoggy
25-06-2010, 02:06 PM
"Murph's mangy mo"

turtle
25-06-2010, 04:14 PM
You can put me down for one when/if you have another production run.

cammo78
25-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah I would love one as well should another run eventuate...

LostDoggy
25-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Sitting with the Cheer Squad at a function before last Sunday's match, they all asked where I got it from and how they could get one.

External interest from those not on WOOF may be enough perhaps to do another run and secure some for those few WOOFers who missed out?

WBFC4EVER
25-06-2010, 11:51 PM
You can still count me in for one scarf in the next run.

Curly5
28-06-2010, 12:13 PM
You can put me down for one when/if you have another production run.

Same here. :)

LostDoggy
29-06-2010, 02:49 PM
And here too please. Is there anoth run happening??

BigDogChardy
29-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm in for one with the next production run!

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Delivered Barry Hall a woof hat today and Scarf as promised to him at the Hall of Fame night. Personally hand delivered - he was very happy. Said he might run around training with it on today - unfortunately couldn't hang around to watch training - had to get to work. But took photos and will post later.

AndrewP6
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Delivered Barry Hall a woof hat today and Scarf as promised to him at the Hall of Fame night. Personally hand delivered - he was very happy. Said he might run around training with it on today - unfortunately couldn't hang around to watch training - had to get to work. But took photos and will post later.

Nice work, phantomdog! Good to see Baz willing to spread the word!

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm hoping to see a few WOOF/BEARD scarves in the Ponsford Stand tomorrow night!! :)

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Will be there with my scarf, hat, coat, blanket - Hmmmm anything else I can think of to keep warm !!!

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I've got a lot of people stopping and asking about my PBS. Have had to tell them a limited run with a chance of another run out of my control. Would keep them (hi guys and girls!!) updated though and explained about WOOF etc. Do not doubt that it would sell out. A suggestion, you might want to keep a few aside for future promotional purposes this time, TPM. Do I dare ask if the PM has one yet? Could you imagine if it was the PBS instead of her membership scarf at no. 17 in the list of contents in her office photo in today's Herald Sun?

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Fantastic - we will take over the world soon! :D

AndrewP6
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I've got a lot of people stopping and asking about my PBS. Have had to tell them a limited run with a chance of another run out of my control. Would keep them (hi guys and girls!!) updated though and explained about WOOF etc. Do not doubt that it would sell out. A suggestion, you might want to keep a few aside for future promotional purposes this time, TPM. Do I dare ask if the PM has one yet? Could you imagine if it was the PBS instead of her membership scarf at no. 17 in the list of contents in her office photo in today's Herald Sun?

Or they could replace no. 5 (I think that's the no.) - box of tissues. Staggered as to why they'd make mention of that. Then I remembered - it's the Herald-Sun!

BulldogBelle
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Here are the photo's of Barry with his scarf taken by the wife today.

That is a WOOF hat in his hand as well.

Thanks again The Pie Man.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4245/sdc10607.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/sdc10607.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9213/sdc10608c.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/sdc10608c.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

The Pie Man
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Thanks again The Pie Man.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4245/sdc10607.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/sdc10607.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9213/sdc10608c.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/sdc10608c.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Baz and The Beard Scarfe - that's just an unstoppable combination ;)

Topdog
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Haha that is so ridiculous that it is brilliant.

AndrewP6
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM

GOLD!!! Absolute gold.

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I promised him a scarf at the hall of fame night and we have delivered. Such a nice guy !!!! And the boys seemed in good spirits all smiling and working out. Great View - from a women's point of view !!!

LostDoggy
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah I would love one as well should another run eventuate...

I would love one as well. Saw them at the game on Friday night and was told to come on to this site to find them. Hope that another run eventuates. :D

AndrewP6
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Since picking up The Scarf, we've been down on form. C'mon Dogs, use the power of The Scarf to carry us onward and upward!!!!

LostDoggy
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Great photos of Barry, awesome.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Great to see/meet a few Woofers at the game yesterday. The WOOF/BEARD scarves seemed to be everywhere!! Coon Dog (& Coon Pup!!), Western Monkey (& Mrs Western Monkey?), JH40 (& his Dad!!), Craigsahibee, Ledge (& Mrs Ledge?). I also met flightofthecallanwards on the train last week. Nice to put some faces to names. :D

The Coon Dog
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Great to see/meet a few Woofers at the game yesterday. The WOOF/BEARD scarves seemed to be everywhere!! Coon Dog (& Coon Pup!!), Western Monkey (& Mrs Western Monkey?), JH40 (& his Dad!!), Craigsahibee, Ledge (& Mrs Ledge?). I also met flightofthecallanwards on the train last week. Nice to put some faces to names. :D

That was Western Monkey's daughter there Suz! ;)

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
That was Western Monkey's daughter there Suz! ;)

Oops!! :o

firstdogonthemoon
02-08-2010, 05:13 PM

What am I? Chopped liver? Sheesh.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
What am I? Chopped liver? Sheesh.

Did we meet? Surely I would've remembered you firstdogonthemoon!! If I did & forgot I am truely sorry. :o

And I had been telling a non WOOFer all about your Jason Akermanis cartoon just before the game too. Am I forgiven? :D

bornadog
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Did we meet? Surely I would've remembered you firstdogonthemoon!! If I did & forgot I am truely sorry. :o

And I had been telling a non WOOFer all about your Jason Akermanis cartoon just before the game too. Am I forgiven? :D

He is a bit forgettable. :D

SonofScray
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Saw quite a few up around bay 18 L3 on the weekend. Love seeing fan driven stuff being displayed in the stands - makes the day even more interesting.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Good to meet a few people yesterday, the gear is definitely working.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Was there a pre-game meetup? Went beard-scarf-scoping in the social club bout an hour before the game but didn't see anyone! Oh well couple home games to go.

AndrewP6
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Was there a pre-game meetup? Went beard-scarf-scoping in the social club bout an hour before the game but didn't see anyone! Oh well couple home games to go.

Not sure there was an official meet-up, but I was there. Coon Dog, too.

ledge
02-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Sorry Suz, yeah that was a friend, Carlton supporter but I purchased a scarfe for her and she comes to games with me, so hopefully she might change.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Saw quite a few up around bay 18 L3 on the weekend. Love seeing fan driven stuff being displayed in the stands - makes the day even more interesting.

I was around there yesterday! :)

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 10:33 AM

No, no official meet up, just happened to bump into a few WOOFers when Wend1604 & I were at the Latrobe Street end checking out Brennan Stack & one of the Callans (I forget whether it was Tim Callan or Callan Ward!!) :D

wend1604
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I actually feel like a fraud wearing my woof scarf considering I'm an infrequent poster. I'm more of a reader than a contributor.

I just tell every woofer I meet that I'm related to Suz 32 :D

Suz 32, it was Callan Ward we were checking out. Cuts a nice figure in a suit!

(I should also be working but don't tell anyone!) ;)

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Oops!! :o

No worries Suz 32...I'll take it as a compliment, i look far too young to have a daughter in her twenties......:D

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
No worries Suz 32...I'll take it as a compliment, i look far too young to have a daughter in her twenties......:D

That is what I thought!! :)

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I actually feel like a fraud wearing my woof scarf considering I'm an infrequent poster. I'm more of a reader than a contributor.

I just tell every woofer I meet that I'm related to Suz 32 :D

Suz 32, it was Callan Ward we were checking out. Cuts a nice figure in a suit!

(I should also be working but don't tell anyone!) ;)

Imposter!!!! ;)

It's ok wend1604, I post enough for the whole family!! :D

Yes, Callan Ward did look nice in a suit, thanks for clarifying. :)

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
No, no official meet up, just happened to bump into a few WOOFers when Wend1604 & I were at the Latrobe Street end checking out Brennan Stack & one of the Callans (I forget whether it was Tim Callan or Callan Ward!!) :D

Yeh my bad didn't mean official meetup just a pre-game chat etc :D

Forgot to wear my scarf anyway. Spewin too, could of got it all over the big screen pre-game. I got my head on because of the little Auskicker/Member of the week segment was filmed right in front of me :)

wend1604
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Never mind Alexxx, there will be plenty of other opportunities to promote the cause!

Suz 32 and myself had our photo taken at the end of the Fremantle game while proudly holding our woof/beard scarves above our heads but I haven't been able to find the photo published anywhere. Some woman named Julia Gillard stole our thunder the following week. She seems to be all over the media lately for some reason ;). Now there's a lady who could do with a woof/beard scarf or two.........:D

strebla
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
That is what I thought!! :)

Yeah right and she is way too smart to be going out with a bloke like Western Monkey!!!!

BulldogBelle
20-09-2010, 05:38 PM
My wife bumped into Ben Hudsons Aunty and Uncle having dinner before the game on Saturday night and she saw the scarf.

She has heard of these scarves and had tried to locate them with no luck.

She is desperate to get one.

The big question is are there any left??

l will send you a PM Pie man.

GVGjr
20-09-2010, 06:30 PM
My wife bumped into Ben Hudsons Aunty and Uncle having dinner before the game on Saturday night and she saw the scarf.

She has heard of these scarves and had tried to locate them with no luck.

She is desperate to get one.

The big question is are there any left??

l will send you a PM Pie man.

We had another family member chasing one a few weeks back. TPM kindly sent the last one.
Apparently Ben wouldn't give his away. :)

The Pie Man
20-09-2010, 06:38 PM
We had another family member chasing one a few weeks back. TPM kindly sent the last one.
Apparently Ben wouldn't give his away. :)

They received the first one ever made actually (pre-production sample) as it was all that was left.

While I'm searching for something to fill my bucket after a truly *%^& weekend of sport, I'm not sure if I let everyone know the final tally raised for the site.

$340 donation was made a few months ago.

Thank-you everyone for being standup to deal with, it was a lot of fun, no-one mucked me around and it was great to meet a few of you

With rumours of a beard shaving over summer, I might have find a new cult hero to celebrate...

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Spoke to Fozzie32 (i think that's his username) at the game on Saturday night, he was hunting one as well.

Had plenty of people come up and ask me about it, told them to join the forum to find out.

chef
20-09-2010, 07:07 PM
They received the first one ever made actually (pre-production sample) as it was all that was left.

While I'm searching for something to fill my bucket after a truly *%^& weekend of sport, I'm not sure if I let everyone know the final tally raised for the site.

Thank-you everyone for being standup to deal with, it was a lot of fun, no-one mucked me around and it was great to meet a few of you

With rumours of a beard shaving over summer, I might have find a new cult hero to celebrate...

Good stuff TPM.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Could only imagine how good a wee man scarf would look....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZsSH9UK7GH4SvaZtP9KRsC9lVYrDwjVuTst60UOr yxkdKpLs&t=1&usg=__T_vDknNI5K4QNPYQwYjNqboPF60=

The Pie Man
20-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Could only imagine how good a wee man scarf would look....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZsSH9UK7GH4SvaZtP9KRsC9lVYrDwjVuTst60UOr yxkdKpLs&t=1&usg=__T_vDknNI5K4QNPYQwYjNqboPF60=

I don't even recognise the reference from comrade, but can you imagine a scarfe with 'CHUNK' written accross it? :D

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't even recognise the reference from comrade, but can you imagine a scarfe with 'CHUNK' written accross it? :D

Love it - a chunky wee man scarf!:D

The Coon Dog
15-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Not sure which thread this belongs in so I put it in both. Sometime back someone asked if we could get famous people with a BHBAS Scarf. I was fortunate enough this afternoon to get someone famous who was only too willing to oblige.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/JG2.jpg

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 04:10 PM
That's awesome!! :)

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Carbon tax? No matter, I forgive you Jules!!

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Is there a monthy gathering of the WOOF- PBAS ( Peoples Beard Appreciation Society ) , Pub , Cafe , Whitten Oval ?

Is there anymore scarves available ?

KT31
15-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Not sure which thread this belongs in so I put it in both. Sometime back someone asked if we could get famous people with a BHBAS Scarf. I was fortunate enough this afternoon to get someone famous who was only too willing to oblige.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/JG2.jpg

Ahh TCD you have outdone yourself this time.
Bloody brilliant.

ledge
16-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Go the beard!

Murphy'sLore
16-04-2011, 03:37 PM
That's so cool TCD!

soupman
16-04-2011, 05:47 PM
That. Is. Awesome.

Greystache
16-04-2011, 07:54 PM
That's a great get TCD!!

JohnGentStand
18-04-2011, 12:53 AM
if the scarves get another run...count me in for one...
if it's good enough for the P.M. it's good enough for me :)

Maddog37
18-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Ditto for me.

bornadog
18-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Is there a monthy gathering of the WOOF- PBAS ( Peoples Beard Appreciation Society ) , Pub , Cafe , Whitten Oval ?

Is there anymore scarves available ?

Victory room before each home match a few guys get there.

Desipura
18-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Would be very interesting if most Victorian woofers rocked up the same week!;)

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Would be very interesting if most Victorian woofers rocked up the same week!;)

That sounds like a plan , it would be great to organise something !

To get in too the Victory Room you need to be a Social Club member, is that right ?

Is there any news on when some more scarves will be available ?

chef
18-04-2011, 06:38 PM
That sounds like a plan , it would be great to organise something !

To get in too the Victory Room you need to be a Social Club member, is that right ?

Is there any news on when some more scarves will be available ?

Pretty sure they are collectors items now.

The Pie Man
18-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I did notice that almost everyone preferred the Beard side of the scarfe at games, though I was wondering how long that would last with the man opting for the evil that is a razor.

Then I saw this on facebook today

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/rhnbtlr/Beardback.jpg

Is it coming back?

EDIT : has anyone noticed any similarity b/w the stripes on the scarfe and the new training tops this year?

AndrewP6
18-04-2011, 07:32 PM

Non-SC can enter for $20, I think.

AndrewP6
18-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I did notice that almost everyone preferred the Beard side of the scarfe at games, though I was wondering how long that would last with the man opting for the evil that is a razor.

Is it coming back?

EDIT : has anyone noticed any similarity b/w the stripes on the scarfe and the new training tops this year?

I like to change it quarter by quarter. Gets the message out there, and makes it appear I have two scarves ;).

I think The Beard is playing funny buggers with its disciples. All of this "Beard, no Beard, Beard, no Beard" stuff is just The Beard showing it's twisted sense of humour.

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Is it just me, or does Julia look kind of sexy holding a beard scarf?

AndrewP6
18-04-2011, 07:59 PM

It's just you. :)

comrade
19-04-2011, 09:23 AM

Is it coming back?

Apparently, the Beard is so resiliant that Huddo shaved at 8am and this photo was taken at 8.07am.

He won't go down without a fight it seems.

KT31
19-04-2011, 04:38 PM

Definitely just you.:)

LostDoggy
20-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Definitely just you.:)

It's just you. :)

I don't know, guys, maybe it's just because she's the PM, or maybe it's got something to do with my lifelong susceptibility to rangas, but I'd have to have a go I reckon…

I wonder what Bazza would have to say about it though…

AndrewP6
20-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't know, guys, maybe it's just because she's the PM, or maybe it's got something to do with my lifelong susceptibility to rangas, but I'd have to have a go I reckon…

I wonder what Bazza would have to say about it though…

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.....:eek::eek::eek:

On the second point, I'd say, judging by Bazz's track record, and by the look of the soon-to-be Mrs Bazza, he'd politely decline. :)

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/03/17/1225841/622659-sophie-raadschelders.jpg

I think a new thread is in order - "Gratuitous photos of Bazza's better half" :)

LostDoggy
20-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I think a new thread is in order - "Gratuitous photos of Bazza's better half" :)

I second that motion. She is a stunner!!! :eek:

bornadog
20-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.....:eek::eek::eek:

On the second point, I'd say, judging by Bazz's track record, and by the look of the soon-to-be Mrs Bazza, he'd politely decline. :)

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/03/17/1225841/622659-sophie-raadschelders.jpg

Lucky Bazza