PDA

View Full Version : Statistics after 5 Rounds

bornadog
28-04-2010, 11:59 PM
After Five Rounds, some Stats for those that are interested.

Further detail can be found at: http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/team_home?tid=115

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/stats-2.jpg

chef
29-04-2010, 07:50 AM
No hit outs to advantage?

It's annoying that you can't get this stat and It's one that I think is very important.

comrade
29-04-2010, 09:56 AM
The opponent inside 50s stat is one we need to turn around immediately. The hallmark of the best sides of the last few years (particularly St Kilda and Hawthorn) has been their ability to drastically restrict the amount of attacking forays their opponents have.

Mantis
29-04-2010, 10:10 AM
The opponent inside 50s stat is one we need to turn around immediately. The hallmark of the best sides of the last few years (particularly St Kilda and Hawthorn) has been their ability to drastically restrict the amount of attacking forays their opponents have.

Would you think that this stat is a little 'skew-if' as a result of the Brisbane game where we gave up something like 72 I50's?

If the average of the rest of our other games was used we would probably have a much better ranking.

Sockeye Salmon
29-04-2010, 11:12 AM
We are in the top 5 for every single stat.

I thought we were crap?

comrade
29-04-2010, 11:17 AM

I thought we were crap?

Is it a reflection of our form, or the crapness of 3 out of the 5 teams we’ve played?

Mantis
29-04-2010, 11:19 AM

I thought we were crap?

I think if they were listed we would rank poorly in turn-overs & kicking efficiency which are probably the main reasons why we aren't playing all that well.

LostDoggy
29-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Some very good stats, I am surprised about the hitouts and the 1 percenters is a concern but that would be a hard stat to effectively tally.

Mofra
29-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Some very good stats, I am surprised about the hitouts and the 1 percenters is a concern but that would be a hard stat to effectively tally.
Marks from opposition kicks in the backline wouldn't register as a spoil (1% category) yet Lake is the master of this and Tommy has lifted in this department too.

LostDoggy
29-04-2010, 03:10 PM

I thought we were crap?

Yeah, don't you know we're going to finish below Freo and Melbourne? Because, of course, your form in Rounds 1 to 5 are the best indicators of how your season is going to pan out.

Not.

Melbourne won't make the 8 (and may still finish bottom 4) -- they will struggle to win a game in the second half of the season. Freo was always going to be okay this year, but will be battling it out with the Carltons (last week's win notwithstanding -- are people still over-reacting on the strength of one game?) and Essendons for the 7th and 8th spot.

Adelaide has been coming into some form (despite last week's belting), and if they get a few players back in the next few weeks, still have a shot at the 8 despite being winless.. they are a side that, if it clicks, could put a few wins in a row together, and, the comp being so even, 10 wins will probably get you in the 8 this year, and there are SEVENTEEN rounds left!

divvydan
29-04-2010, 03:56 PM
No hit outs to advantage?

It's annoying that you can't get this stat and It's one that I think is very important.

For some reason, it seems to be the only stat that isn't working on the Prostats site for 2010 so far.

If you look at Supercoach, it lists Hitouts to Advantage (they only count hitouts to advantage rather than total hitouts)

So looking at that;

Hudson:

Rd1:18
Rd2:14
Rd3:15
Rd4:14
Rd5:13

Minson:

Rd1:10
Rd2:11
Rd3:11
Rd4:15

Roughead:

Rd5:9

Opponent Totals:

Rd1:24 (+4 to us)
Rd2:21 (+4)
Rd3:22 (+4)
Rd4:26 (+3)
Rd5:30 (-8 to opp)

chef
29-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks divyydan.

LostDoggy
29-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Im a stats man..I find those interesting..

I know we're not in top form..but we're no worse off than last year at this point in the season.

Round 5 2009: Sitting 4th W3L2 110%

Round 6 2009: Sitting 6th W3L3 104%

Looked a bit more stable last year and the competition wasnt as even..it feels like a rough start this year but only our ladder position has changed. Our losses were Collingwood & StKilda, last year it was West Coast & Carlton. In a way it sounds like we've started better even though we all know that they arent playing their best footy.

Im not panicking yet and don't think anyone else should either (not that im saying this thread is about panicking more just to compare stats to this time last year)

boydogs
29-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Our losses were Collingwood & StKilda

Hope not ;)

Mofra
30-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Here another stat: every team that has played the Crows this season has won the following week.

I'm hoping this one is unbroken this weekend :)

Topdog
30-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I heard on AFL teams this morning that we are 14th for tackles and 13th for turnovers (or kicking efficiency I can't remember for sure). Improve on those 2 and we will be flying.

Sockeye Salmon
30-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I heard on AFL teams this morning that we are 14th for tackles and 13th for turnovers (or kicking efficiency I can't remember for sure). Improve on those 2 and we will be flying.

Can't tackle if you have the ball.

We are 3rd in tackles per game differential, so while our total number of tackles are down, relative to our opposition they are good. There are many fewer tackles in WB games than in other games.

You would expect this would be related to our attacking game plan. A total lockdown side like St. Kilda with heaps of stoppages could have a thousand tackles a game but if half of them are at stoppages and just causing another bounce they don't really help.