PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - R17 Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle

BulldogBelle
23-07-2010, 08:14 PM
This is the discussion thread for this Sunday afternoon's game at ES against Fremantle.

My predictions are:

The Dogs by 27 points
BOG : Daniel Cross
Barry Hall to kick the first goal

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 08:46 PM
After a massive week i think we will come out hungry to make a point.
Dogs by 38 points.
BOG Crossy
Johnson for first goal!

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Dogs by 66
BOG Boyd
First goal Hall

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Dogs by 52

Cross Bog

First Goal Gia

AndrewP6
23-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Dogs by 22 points
BOG Coooooney
First goal Gia

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't get to go to the game or even watch it, I have work :(

Anyway.
Dogs by 8
BOG hopefully Crossy
First goal to Gia

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Keeping the faith......

Dogs by 25 points
BOG = Cross
First Goal = Cooney

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Dogs by 62 points with the game over at 1/4 time

BOG Boyd just ahead of Cooney
First Goal Gia after a handball from Hall

Ghost Dog
24-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Dogs by 30 pts
BOG Barry
First Goal Barry
All Hail Barry

chef
24-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Doggies by 54.
Murphy BOG
Giansiracusa First Goal.

boydogs
24-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Dogs by 117 points
First Goal Gia
BOG Boyd

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Dogs by 117 points
First Goal Gia
BOG Boyd

Woah..
Why? haha

bornadog
24-07-2010, 11:42 PM
This will be a very interesting game. I think Johnno will fire up.

Dogs by 28

First Goal Johnno

BOG Boyd

boydogs
25-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Woah..
Why? haha

Freo just lost to Richmond, and nearly lost to Melbourne at home. It's an even and fluctuating year, but that's 2 of the bottom 5 at the moment.
They have had 3 key players taken out from that side injured, and Pavlich in doubt/underdone
They haven't been the same force since the Barlow injury and don't travel well

We have just had the most intense media scrutiny put on the club that I can remember, which will bring intense focus on the game. The boys will definitely be up for this. A top 4 spot is also on the line. We have had an 8 day break since Darwin. We have very few injuries, pretty much a full strength side

The leadership group will be breathing fire and hoping to prove this group is now more united and can now produced improved performances, and go all the way. Not just our season but the pride of our club is on the line.

Ordinarily I could see us being 6 goals up at half time and petering out for an 8-10 goal win, but we won't take the foot off such is the statement they will be looking to make. I'm anticipating a performance for the history books, the game we will look back on in 20 years time and point to as the day the Western Bulldogs finally came of age and turned talent into premiership-winning performances

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Freo just lost to Richmond, and nearly lost to Melbourne at home. It's an even and fluctuating year, but that's 2 of the bottom 5 at the moment.
They have had 3 key players taken out from that side injured, and Pavlich in doubt/underdone

We have just had the most intense media scrutiny put on the club that I can remember, which will bring intense focus on the game. The boys will definitely be up for this. A top 4 spot is also on the line. We have had an 8 day break since Darwin. We have very few injuries, pretty much a full strength side

The leadership group will be breathing fire and hoping to prove this group is now more united and can now produced improved performances, and go all the way. Not just our season but the pride of our club is on the line.

Ordinarily I could see us being 6 goals up at half time and petering out for an 8-10 goal win, but we won't take the foot off such is the statement they will be looking to make. I'm anticipating a performance for the history books, the game we will look back on in 20 years time and point to as the day the Western Bulldogs finally came of age and turned talent into premiership-winning performances

Hope so gogriff. good call

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Do you have a crytal ball or something, very close to being spot on the money.:D

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Bumper Bulldogs and RadBulldog were on the money hehe

The Pie Man
25-07-2010, 08:08 PM
How good was Brodie Moles' stab at goals off one step from 45 out going 5 rows back?

Eagleton/Everitt/Minson/Hill (maybe throw in Callan & Hooper....for mine not Stack or Hahn) will find it hard to break into that 22 - really pleasing afternoon and response from the guys. Different best 22 from the start of the season, but that unit is getting the job done.

5 of the past 6 - good form

chef
25-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Where on the net could I find a copy of the game?

Sockeye Salmon
25-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Where on the net could I find a copy of the game?

http://aus.sierules.com/

Usually up 24 hours after the game finishes

The Underdog
25-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I've rarely been as proud of the team as I was today but that was just a fantastic effort. By no means was our performance perfect but it showed that we had some ticker.

chef
25-07-2010, 08:45 PM
http://aus.sierules.com/

Usually up 24 hours after the game finishes

Thanks SS:).

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 08:50 PM
What are the thoughts on the umpiring today, I must admit that I didn't notice Razor Ray that much so that must mean they did OK.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 08:53 PM
What are the thoughts on the umpiring today, I must admit that I didn't notice Razor Ray that much so that must mean they did OK.

yep, agreed, I thought they were OK... heard ABC radio commentator refer to him as Ray "Charles" Chamberlain... not very creative, but not bad!

bornadog
25-07-2010, 08:54 PM

When you thump a team by 82 points, you tend not to worry about silly decisions.:)

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 08:55 PM
When you thump a team by 82 points, you tend not to worry about silly decisions.:)

That's true, when erverything is flowing the way you want.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 08:56 PM

Haha true enough... Ray Charles did pay a 50 at one point, and the commentator remarked "OK Ray, we can see you!"..

comrade
25-07-2010, 09:06 PM
It would be ironic if Wood got a Rising Star nom before Grant. Both were good, but I thought Easton was more influential.

Mantis
25-07-2010, 09:07 PM

We won by 82 pts and won the free kick count 21-8.... Not too much to complain about it.

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 09:10 PM
We won by 82 pts and won the free kick count 21-8.... Not too much to complain about it.

There ya go! The Umps did a brilliant job.:D

GVGjr
25-07-2010, 09:16 PM

I think we went 12 minutes in the first quarter before we gave away a free.

Ghost Dog
25-07-2010, 09:28 PM
How good was Brodie Moles' stab at goals off one step from 45 out going 5 rows back?

Eagleton/Everitt/Minson/Hill (maybe throw in Callan & Hooper....for mine not Stack or Hahn) will find it hard to break into that 22 - really pleasing afternoon and response from the guys. Different best 22 from the start of the season, but that unit is getting the job done.

5 of the past 6 - good form

Ah, MOLES! so good to see this guy show his class at last.

The Pie Man
25-07-2010, 09:33 PM

True - but I'll find something : the 50 against Hudson..the ump mustn't've seen Johnson knock the ball out of his hands.

Didn't hurt, and the miss was justice anyway.

The Pie Man
25-07-2010, 09:35 PM
It would be ironic if Wood got a Rising Star nom before Grant. Both were good, but I thought Easton was more influential.

Agreed - at times I thought Grant was just going, but by game's end he has 20 touches and 3 goals.

Mantis
25-07-2010, 09:50 PM
True - but I'll find something : the 50 against Hudson..the ump mustn't've seen Johnson knock the ball out of his hands.

Didn't hurt, and the miss was justice anyway.

Hudson also let go of the ball. I thought the 50 was there.

GVGjr
25-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Hudson also let go of the ball. I thought the 50 was there.

I agree. He tried to buy a bit of time but the umpire wasn't having it

The Underdog
26-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I agree. He tried to buy a bit of time but the umpire wasn't having it

You could see as soon as Hudson dropped the ball he tried to apologise. He knew he'd ****ed up.
Anyway, complaining about umpires is for Collingwood supporters.