PDA

View Full Version : Brian Lake on 'On The Couch'

The Coon Dog
09-08-2010, 07:47 PM
For those with Foxtel, tune into On The Couch as Brian Lake will be on.

LostDoggy
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Cheers for heads up, will tune in for sure.

Funny moment with Lake on the plane home yesterday, he was climbing across to get to his seat, John Barnes walked past and applied a bit of 'hopoati' to lakes backside..hilarious :D

chef
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up TCD.

Greystache
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Bugger no Foxtel this week. Would've loved to see the great man interviewed, if anyone can find the time to give us a review I'd be most grateful.

LostDoggy
09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Champion is our Lake.

Topics mentioned were the constant Eade vs Lake sprays, whether he was a prankster along with Murphy, who his mates were at the club he mentioned Cooney and Hargrave as closest, His intial high draft pick which had been caused by him having sleep apnea because he worked at an abbatoir, his surname change and why, the flu affetcin the weekends game (meant training was cancelled today), the stats he's racked up this year, the change since Aker-gate and whether it was possibly season defining.

LostDoggy
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Just to add they really school them well I feel down in Footscrazy. He presented really well, didn't stumble in answering anything although the questions weren't too demanding, but he also wasn't full of cliche's. I think people watching would be impressed and I hope it brings great positives to help the club in the future.

bornadog
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Just to add they really school them well I feel down in Footscrazy. He presented really well, didn't stumble in answering anything although the questions weren't too demanding, but he also wasn't full of cliche's. I think people watching would be impressed and I hope it brings great positives to help the club in the future.

I thought he handled himself very well.

chef
10-08-2010, 12:04 AM
According to the guys on the couch Easton Wood has a sister in law named Holly:D

boydogs
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Champion is our Lake.

Topics mentioned were the constant Eade vs Lake sprays, whether he was a prankster along with Murphy, who his mates were at the club he mentioned Cooney and Hargrave as closest, His intial high draft pick which had been caused by him having sleep apnea because he worked at an abbatoir, his surname change and why, the flu affetcin the weekends game (meant training was cancelled today), the stats he's racked up this year, the change since Aker-gate and whether it was possibly season defining.

Thanks SotS
Could you expand on some his responses for me please - particularly the bolded sections
Cheers

LostDoggy
10-08-2010, 02:18 AM
You can download a podcast of the show from iTunes

LostDoggy
10-08-2010, 02:44 AM
A very mature Lake - don't think he could have handled himself any better.

Seemed to be 'playing fullback' from On the Couch - taking all questions asked and rebounding at ease, in total control. A different side to Brian I don't think we seen before.

When asked about racking up the stats - especially against North, Lake joked about helping his dream team score, but explained the need to keep control of the ball as North continually had every player flooding deep.

I was impressed with the way he explained his transition as a defender, from frequently punching the ball away in his early days, to the confidence in backing is own judgement and marking the ball recent years, then reverting back to punching as dictated by the weather at the weekend.