PDA

View Full Version : Round 21. Watching where?

BulldogBelle
20-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey folks. Will many people be catching it on the big screen at the Whitten oval? If not, where will you be catching the game.

Have a pack of 4 including my old man and sister and would love to take them some place with a really good atmosphere

Cant wait, go dogs!

Murphy'sLore
20-08-2010, 02:45 PM
You can come to my mum's place if you don't mind frequent election crosses!

bornadog
20-08-2010, 03:19 PM
You can come to my mum's place if you don't mind frequent election crosses!

Yeah that will be a problem, wife wants to watch the election coverage. I wonder if the election is on the internet?

aker39
20-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah that will be a problem, wife wants to watch the election coverage. I wonder if the election is on the internet?

The new ABC24 station will be showing their coverage live on the internet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=Corp_News24_GoogleAds&gclid=CKr6icicx6MCFROmbwodsC7VuA

bornadog
20-08-2010, 03:45 PM
The new ABC24 station will be showing their coverage live on the internet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=Corp_News24_GoogleAds&gclid=CKr6icicx6MCFROmbwodsC7VuA

Fantastic, great news

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I'll be watching the Dogs game (well, score updates & commentary) on my mobile phone whilst watching the Storm game at AAMI Park. Gotta love the sports pack on 3!! :D

ledge
20-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Watergardens pub maybe?? depends where you live

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Going to the game :cool: Flight leaves tomorrow morning..

Stupidly forgot to pickup my tickets that had been delivered to the shop at the ground - can't make it tomorrow or by close at 5pm (tomorrow they open at 9, flight at 10) - Rang and explained this, and the lady that answered (Michelle I think) says she will stay back until 5.30 for me to come and pick them up :D Absolute Gem, good to have these kind of people at the club looking after members

FlightoftheCallanWards
20-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Off to the game. Actually my first interstate game so should be great. Got my tickets for the match and flights leave tomorrow. Go Dogs :)

BulldogBelle
20-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Watergardens pub maybe?? depends where you live

Just up Mooroolbark ways. Really am just banking on a great game atmosphere

thanks for the reply

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Off to the game. Actually my first interstate game so should be great. Got my tickets for the match and flights leave tomorrow. Go Dogs :)

Good stuff - where you sitting? Im at Bay 1 Row J

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll be counting votes until well after the game has finished, so it'll have to be at home on Sunday...any chance of not finding out the result before I watch it? I doubt it, especially if Gillard wins.

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I'll be counting votes until well after the game has finished, so it'll have to be at home on Sunday...any chance of not finding out the result before I watch it? I doubt it, especially if Gillard wins.

Simple solution.

You're doing the counting, make sure Abbott wins.

AndrewP6
20-08-2010, 10:25 PM
At home, on the couch, in Hampton Park :)

GO DOGS!

Twodogs
20-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey folks. Will many people be catching it on the big screen at the Whitten oval? If not, where will you be catching the game.

Have a pack of 4 including my old man and sister and would love to take them some place with a really good atmosphere

Cant wait, go dogs!

What's the story with the big screen? Wherabouts is it situated inside the new complex-in that area with all the tables outside the bulldog shop and the cafeteria?

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Simple solution.

Haha, this is my first election but somehow I think doctoring the votes might be frowned upon. I did manage to avoid the result for the Port game a few weeks ago until I watched the replay the next day, so it's not completely impossible- I just don't like my odds.

As far as the coverage goes, it annoys me that an interstate game between two high teams is only on Foxtel, while the game played in Melbourne is on FTA. Of course Channel 10 want to save money by doing local games and of course it's a Collingwood match, but it's got to be frustrating for those without Foxtel.

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Haha, this is my first election but somehow I think doctoring the votes might be frowned upon. I did manage to avoid the result for the Port game a few weeks ago until I watched the replay the next day, so it's not completely impossible- I just don't like my odds.

As far as the coverage goes, it annoys me that an interstate game between two high teams is only on Foxtel, while the game played in Melbourne is on FTA. Of course Channel 10 want to save money by doing local games and of course it's a Collingwood match, but it's got to be frustrating for those without Foxtel.

You don't really see many SCH games on FTA these days unfortunately.

LostDoggy
20-08-2010, 11:00 PM
*scg

bornadog
20-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Simple solution.

Go Julia and the Dogs;)

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Go Julia and the Dogs;)

I'd rather they both lose than both win

LostDoggy
21-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Going to the game :cool: Flight leaves tomorrow morning..

Stupidly forgot to pickup my tickets that had been delivered to the shop at the ground - can't make it tomorrow or by close at 5pm (tomorrow they open at 9, flight at 10) - Rang and explained this, and the lady that answered (Michelle I think) says she will stay back until 5.30 for me to come and pick them up :D Absolute Gem, good to have these kind of people at the club looking after members

She's a fair dinkum angel in disguise, that Michelle. Gone the extra distance for me a few times. :)

Chicago1
21-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I'll be listening this week. ESPN3 isn't showing our match tomorrow. But... I can still watch a replay of last week's match against Geelong. :(

FlightoftheCallanWards
21-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Same bay. Assuming its doggies cheer squad. Believe it was row P but dont quote me on that :p

LostDoggy
22-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Pretty sure I seen you and your BHBAS/WOOF scarf early in the 2nd quarter during the telecast on Fox.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure I seen you and your BHBAS/WOOF scarf early in the 2nd quarter during the telecast on Fox.

Nice - that woulda been me, sitting right with all the loud, irritating auskickers - luckily I got peace and quiet between the 2nd and 10mins into the 3rd else one of those cardboard noisemakers were going to be swiftly used on many heads :D

LostDoggy
24-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Nice - that woulda been me, sitting right with all the loud, irritating auskickers - luckily I got peace and quiet between the 2nd and 10mins into the 3rd else one of those cardboard noisemakers were going to be swiftly used on many heads :D

I thought you scared off all the Swan fans with ya scarf to have all those seats to yourself! :)

The Adelaide Connection
24-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Did anyone head to the club and watch it in their new cafe/bar?

It would be good to see them pull a crowd for the interstate games and generate some extra revenue for the club.

aker39
24-08-2010, 10:49 AM

It would be good to see them pull a crowd for the interstate games and generate some extra revenue for the club.

I went. The tables were booked out for dinner and there were quite a few others standing around having a drink.

It was quite a good set up with one big screen and two other large TV's.

Good atmosphere in the 1st quarter but it feel silent in the 2nd half.

I think based on Saturday night that they will do it again.

Jasper
24-08-2010, 02:16 PM

I suspect the revenue will go to the caterer, but it was a good spot to watch from.
They did a fair job for the first go around.

They will need some extra bar space if we were to win a game with a good crowd in. the line didn't move too quickly for a beer

The Adelaide Connection
24-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I suspect the revenue will go to the caterer, but it was a good spot to watch from.
They did a fair job for the first go around.

They will need some extra bar space if we were to win a game with a good crowd in. the line didn't move too quickly for a beer

Has the space been leased out? I was under the impression that it was owned/operated by the dogs.

I guess if it is the former at least they are still making revenue from rent and it brings people to the club to give the place a bit more pulse (and means hot coffee for the kind folk who roll along to training in the freezing cold to write reports for us).