PDA

View Full Version : Ticktek you Suck! As Always!!!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Typed in my member barcodes at 9am exactly. The server must be overloaded and the page never loaded and I couldn't refresh. Tried again but saying my barcodes in use. So must've gone thorough. Hopefully after a few minutes they let me use them again. !!!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I cannot get Level M at all.. I got in right on 9am and got offered N31.. Right behind the goals on level 2.. joke!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Now giving me row U!!!

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Never had trouble with it, although it was a bit slower today. Kept trying to give me level 2 seats, of which I do not want.

Finally got the ones I wanted though! :)

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Never had trouble with it, although it was a bit slower today. Kept trying to give me level 2 seats, of which I do not want.

Finally got the ones I wanted though! :)

Did you get Level M? What option did you select?

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Yep. I try once its ro W, try again Row KK try again row L

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Did you get Level M? What option did you select?

Level 1, Olympic Stand
M52

Not a fan of level two seating and I don't like the Southern stand, so I always try to get close to the wing in the Olympic stand.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:27 AM
The first rows cant be all gone in every section already

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:28 AM
How is Row Q premium

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Like I said. I'm sure they sell the tickets from the highest row back going down to the front. Getting Row W, then V now U

Lurgan
13-09-2010, 10:30 AM
The problem with Ticketek is that it is organised for the convenience of that company and the venue rather than the customer.

A reasonable booking system would show you all available tickets when you enquire, and then you'd be able to choose what you want (something like choosing a seat on an a plane). But all we get online is the chance to nominate either a location (stand) or a price level. Or there's 'best available', which sounds good until you realise that we don't all agree on what's 'best'.

The only way to have any real choice is to go to an agency. And that's limited, becauseā€¦

the other thing that's opaque is the way various blocks of tickets are released. I have no idea how this works, but I do know that if you want a seat on the wing on level 3 (or 2 in the new stand), sometimes it will become available later in the day, when it wasn't there in the first place. And that means that it's a lottery, because being first, standing in line etc doesn't help you get what you want.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Exactly. Someone send a letter! lol

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2010, 10:36 AM
A reasonable booking system would show you all available tickets when you enquire, and then you'd be able to choose what you want (something like choosing a seat on an a plane). But all we get online is the chance to nominate either a location (stand) or a price level. Or there's 'best available', which sounds good until you realise that we don't all agree on what's 'best'.

To be fair, that wouldn't work. You've got weeks/months to buy your plane tickets so the demand isn't repeatitive over a short space of time. In finals, by the time you'd identified which seat you wanted, somebody else would have already booked them. It'd be a nightmare for the system IMO. Too much trial and error for it to handle.

They do it as best as they can with the best available and chocie of stands policy. Especially given that literally thousands of people are logging on all at once to buy 'em.

the other thing that's opaque is the way various blocks of tickets are released. I have no idea how this works, but I do know that if you want a seat on the wing on level 3 (or 2 in the new stand), sometimes it will become available later in the day, when it wasn't there in the first place. And that means that it's a lottery, because being first, standing in line etc doesn't help you get what you want.

I do agree with this part. Very annoying and not the least bit fair that they hold off on certain allocations.

cinder
13-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Yup. Right on 9am I got M1 but row Z. Whatever, I CBF so just took that ...

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:44 AM

You shouldn't have to accept it. What's worse is, someone else will probably buy later today or even tomorrow and get Row B for the same price/level

Topdog
13-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Im not going but I just tried for standard seating and got offered.

Section: M3
Row: V
Seat/s: 13

Topdog
13-09-2010, 10:54 AM
To be fair, that wouldn't work. You've got weeks/months to buy your plane tickets so the demand isn't repeatitive over a short space of time. In finals, by the time you'd identified which seat you wanted, somebody else would have already booked them. It'd be a nightmare for the system IMO. Too much trial and error for it to handle.

They do it as best as they can with the best available and chocie of stands policy. Especially given that literally thousands of people are logging on all at once to buy 'em.

They could very easily implement a system where you choose which section you want and once selected they give you the "best available"

Honestly the software they are using hasn't been updated in at least 5 years. It's pretty poor.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 11:12 AM

Hey Cinder!! I'm in M1, row U. Do you have a WOOF/BEARD scarf? I'll look out for you. :)

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Might be worth saving your barcodes in a word doc so you can copy/paste instead of typing them all out, particularly if you have multiple barcodes.

cinder
13-09-2010, 11:29 AM
You shouldn't have to accept it. What's worse is, someone else will probably buy later today or even tomorrow and get Row B for the same price/level

Well I didn't realise they sold off the crappy seats first, that's completely unfair! I thought that was the best I was going to get. I planned to have 2 sessions going and try to get better seats in the other session but because you have to put in your barcode, you can't :(

aker39
13-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Well I didn't realise they sold off the crappy seats first, that's completely unfair! I thought that was the best I was going to get. I planned to have 2 sessions going and try to get better seats in the other session but because you have to put in your barcode, you can't :(

You can use 2 sessions if you are using different browsers.

cinder
13-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Cinder!! I'm in M1, row U. Do you have a WOOF/BEARD scarf? I'll look out for you. :)

I don't :( but if you do I'll look out for you! :)

cinder
13-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Hmm traps for young players!! Thanks Aker ...

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 11:52 AM

Or click "Remove" and your barcodes will be able to be used again. Or go into your basket and remove the tickets

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 11:52 AM
My cousin spent 45 minutes online, only to be offered crap seats, then rang Ticketek & got M14 row D.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Cool, keep an eye put for the slightly crazy blonde woman with Johnno's number on her guernsey & a WOOF/BEARD scarf!! ;)

Topdog
13-09-2010, 11:59 AM

yeah I had 3 going the other week. Makes it easier.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Even more crap. I rang up and the guy tried searching tickets in a different way and he was able to give me Row a b or c and prime seating. but something was wrong with my credit card, so I couldn't buy then. i had to give up the seats quickly ring the bank, they said it was some security thing that was activated on the card that didnt allow me to purchase over the phone. i ring back, some girls picked up and she was searching for tickets the way the other guy was and she was saying, nothing available in rows a b c. but i was trying to tell her to not search for best available. but she is telling me thats the only way blah blah. and im trying to explain to her, i just spoke with a guy and he was giving me row a b c and she is like they are sold out, to me saying thats impossible as I literally rang 4 minutes ago.

i hate you more now ticketek!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Rang again, spoke to another person. If they search Level 1 or Grand Stand they are searching best available and it will give you premium only. tell them to search it as Prime and it will give u row b,c,d etc.

AndrewP6
13-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Don't get me started on Ticketek. For GF registration, you can do it online and indicate you require a 'mobility impaired' booking, yet there's no such method for regular games or the first three weeks of finals. So you are forced to spend what can sometimes be an eternity on the phone.

Having had my little whinge, I got done in about 15 minutes all up today. :)
M52, can't recall the row or seat...have to check my e-ticket.

Flamethrower
13-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Just some info about how tickets are sold by the AFL and Ticketek at the MCG.

If you ask for "Best Available", you will be offered in order...

1. Level 2
2. Level 2A (Southern Stand only)
3. Level 1 undercover (about row U back in the Northern Stand, row AA back in the Southern Stand)
4. Level 1 in the open
5. Level 4

Buying tickets on the internet or using the automated phone service will not give you the option of specific areas eg If you want Standard tickets you will be offered level 1 until they are all sold out, and then level 4.

To get specific areas within pricing levels eg the front few rows of Level 1 you need to go to an outlet and ask for these, or speak to someone on the phone who knows what they are doing. They can access these tickets for you.

I suggest that everyone who is disgruntled with Ticketek send them negative feedback about not being able to access specific areas - they wont do anything about it unless they get enough complaints.

Sockeye Salmon
13-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Just some info about how tickets are sold by the AFL and Ticketek at the MCG.

If you ask for "Best Available", you will be offered in order...

1. Level 2
2. Level 2A (Southern Stand only)
3. Level 1 undercover (about row U back in the Northern Stand, row AA back in the Southern Stand)
4. Level 1 in the open
5. Level 4

Buying tickets on the internet or using the automated phone service will not give you the option of specific areas eg If you want Standard tickets you will be offered level 1 until they are all sold out, and then level 4.

To get specific areas within pricing levels eg the front few rows of Level 1 you need to go to an outlet and ask for these, or speak to someone on the phone who knows what they are doing. They can access these tickets for you.

I suggest that everyone who is disgruntled with Ticketek send them negative feedback about not being able to access specific areas - they wont do anything about it unless they get enough complaints.

It doesn't seems to work like that on the internet.

I tried to get level 2 on Monday and had no chance, but managed to get them on the Tuesday.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Like I've said before. I think they would rather sell the 'worse' seats first. SO when people who were sitting on the fence and decide to buy tickets later in the week, and will only buy tickets if its a good seat. They will. Instead of passing if the seats are 'crap'

The Adelaide Connection
14-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Like I've said before. I think they would rather sell the 'worse' seats first. SO when people who were sitting on the fence and decide to buy tickets later in the week, and will only buy tickets if its a good seat. They will. Instead of passing if the seats are 'crap'

Yep, spot on. Same goes for concert pre-sales: the worst possible tickets for each category. Flog them off to the super keen and desperate and leave better seats available to the "fence-sitters" you describe. Should be illegal.

That said from my time in the US/Canada I was absolutely blown away by how corrupt the ticketing to major events is. I went to a mid-week Bluejays (baseball) game and there was maybe 1/5th of the stadium full yet there was still a scalper with a wad of tickets as thick as a phone book that were "the best for every section". I was actually running late and these were the tickets he had left when the game had already started.

Rumour is that a lot of the agencies allegedly have scalpers on salary. There is no way a scalper would be dumb enough to be caught with that many tickets left to a low pulling, midweek fixture that was never going to even half-fill.