PDA

View Full Version : Wallis leads Calder to TAC Cup final win

BulldogBelle
20-09-2010, 07:59 AM
SMH
Greg Buckle
September 19, 2010 - 3:54PM

Midfielder Mitch Wallis warmed-up for a possible AFL debut with the Western Bulldogs next year by leading Calder Cannons to a 58-point win in Sunday's TAC Cup grand final against Gippsland Power.

The captain collected a stunning haul of 47 possessions as the Cannons claimed their sixth premiership in 10 years in the under-18 competition with a 17.14 (116) to 8.10 (58) victory at Etihad Stadium.

Leading by 27 points at half-time, the defending premiers piled on seven goals to Gippsland's two in the third quarter to lead by 10 goals at three-quarter time, with Wallis gathering 14 disposals for the term.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/wallis-leads-calder-to-tac-cup-final-win-20100919-15hnh.html

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Not a bad day at the office, a lazy 47 touches of the footy! Good to hear that his Dad is having lots of input into his development. I look forward to seeing Mitch run around in the red, white and blue!

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I was there and he played very very well !!!

Mofra
20-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Bargain for a pick in the 20s :D

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 12:48 PM
How does father - son work? COs if we chose him with our first pick, does that mean someone can pick Libba up? Or is he still guranteed for us if we are going to use our second round pick for him?

The Coon Dog
20-09-2010, 01:02 PM
How does father - son work? COs if we chose him with our first pick, does that mean someone can pick Libba up? Or is he still guranteed for us if we are going to use our second round pick for him?

We always have to use our next available pick if another team nominates him. Our picks are 22 & 38 (I think).

It must be remembered F/S bidding occurs before Trade Week, so what happens in Trade Week is irrelevant.

If Fremantle bid for Mitch Wallis at pick 21, we have to use our next available pick (22) to secure him.

Bidding starts all over again for Tom Liberatore. Any club with a pick prior to pick 38 can bid for him. Once someone does, doesn't matter if its at 15, 20 or 33, we still have to use our next available pick (38) to secure him.

Dazza
20-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok... Say we get some handy draft picks/pick for Harbrow do we need to use them this year? Surely a club would say they'd pick Wallis or Libba with our earlier pick.

GVGjr
20-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok... Say we get some handy draft picks/pick for Harbrow do we need to use them this year? Surely a club would say they'd pick Wallis or Libba with our earlier pick.
GC will make sure we have to use the picks for Wallis and Libertore so I think we will bank anything we get for Harbrow for the future

The Coon Dog
20-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Just thought I'd re-post here what I posted earlier this morning in The Campbell Brown thread.

Just thought I'd clarify Doc26's question.

Let's say we receive a first round pick for Harbrow, I guess the question is are we obligated to use it to select Wallis or Libba with our 'next available' pick as part of the F/S bidding process.

The answer is no, we aren't.

F/S bidding occurs, as we all know by now, prior to trade week (starts October 4).

If we do wish to avail ourselves of the pick we receive for Harbrow this year, we only have to notify the AFL of that decision at the end of trade week (by which time F/S bidding would have already been determined).

I suppose the best way to explain it is that GC17 have until October 7 to sign players. Say if they announce a signing on October 7 & assume it's Gary Ablett. On October 7 Geelong are the presented with compensatory picks after the F/S bidding process.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 02:03 PM
We always have to use our next available pick if another team nominates him. Our picks are 22 & 38 (I think).

It must be remembered F/S bidding occurs before Trade Week, so what happens in Trade Week is irrelevant.

If Fremantle bid for Mitch Wallis at pick 21, we have to use our next available pick (22) to secure him.

Bidding starts all over again for Tom Liberatore. Any club with a pick prior to pick 38 can bid for him. Once someone does, doesn't matter if its at 15, 20 or 33, we still have to use our next available pick (38) to secure him.

Cool thanks. I just thought reading an article somewhere that we may miss out on one of them (the way they wrote the article)

Dazza
20-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks.

Remi Moses
20-09-2010, 04:39 PM
What pick would we get if we get an early First round for Harbrow?

Ghost Dog
20-09-2010, 05:18 PM
rubs hands. Blood is thicker than water. If we get those two, exciting times.

divvydan
20-09-2010, 05:41 PM
What pick would we get if we get an early First round for Harbrow?

These are the possible bands that a player can be considered under;

Band 1: Two first round picks, one pick to be taken directly after team's first round pick for finishing position, the other to be taken directly after those teams who missed the finals have had their first round pick.
Band 2: First round pick to be taken directly after team's first round pick for finishing position
Band 3: End of first round pick
Band 4: Second round pick to be taken directly after team's second round pick for finishing position
Band 5: Third round pick, rules as per band two and four

If Harbrow was to be a Band 2 player, (probably the most likely) then we would get a pick directly after our pick for finishing position on the ladder.

For the 2010 and 2011 drafts, first round picks can only be used at the end of the first round and if we wanted to use our compensation pick this year (assuming Band 2) then we would be in the same situation as Adelaide/Brisbane/Hawthorn. (Pick #27+)

From 2012 onwards, that same pick could be anywhere from #2 to #19+, depending on where we finish on the ladder and what other teams nominate picks in the same season. (Note: After 2010, we have to nominate the year we indeed to use the compensation pick prior to the start of the home and away season).

bornadog
20-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Can Walis make a senior debut next year, ie is he physically developed enough to get a game?

GVGjr
20-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Can Walis make a senior debut next year, ie is he physically developed enough to get a game?

Both he and Libertore could debut next season but they probably aren't ready for an extended run at the senior level.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I remember reading a report from a scout in the paper, saying that they both will be ready for senior football next season.

G-Mo77
21-09-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm downloading this game tonight so I'll watch it tomorrow morning sometime.

Throughandthrough
21-09-2010, 11:10 AM
There is romance in AFL, i doubt any other club will act as a spoiler over these two.

The Coon Dog
21-09-2010, 11:19 AM
There is romance in AFL, i doubt any other club will act as a spoiler over these two.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean???

Under the bidding system there is no doubt whatsoever there will be clubs bidding in order to force us to use our first 2 picks.

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm downloading this game tonight so I'll watch it tomorrow morning sometime.

Where do you find it?
I'd love to see it.

G-Mo77
21-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Where do you find it?
I'd love to see it.

It's a stream copy so it's pretty poor quality but you can find it here:

http://aus.sierules.com/

Topdog
21-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean???

Under the bidding system there is no doubt whatsoever there will be clubs bidding in order to force us to use our first 2 picks.

They would be stupid not to.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 01:25 PM
It's a stream copy so it's pretty poor quality but you can find it here:

http://aus.sierules.com/

Hey im on that site but I cant find it anywhere, would it be ok if you could link me to it, thanks :)

EDIT: dw I found it :D

G-Mo77
21-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Hey im on that site but I cant find it anywhere, would it be ok if you could link me to it, thanks :)

EDIT: dw I found it :D

I need to do a bit of seeding as my ratio is a little off. Tell your friends and get them to download it as well. I want to get up to at least 1:1 before the end of season.

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I need to do a bit of seeding as my ratio is a little off. Tell your friends and get them to download it as well. I want to get up to at least 1:1 before the end of season.

I have massive problems with my ratio.

It seems like no matter how long I leave it there seeding my upload total is still pathetic. I've already been booted off once for being a leecher but I don't see how I can ever get my ratio up.

G-Mo77
21-09-2010, 02:54 PM

It seems like no matter how long I leave it there seeding my upload total is still pathetic. I've already been booted off once for being a leecher but I don't see how I can ever get my ratio up.

I grabbed files that were already well seeded but no leechers so I'm in a bit of a hole right now. It's a small site so that is always going to be an issue. Just make a torrent yourself and upload it if the hole gets to big. I have a couple of Bulldogs games that aren't up there that I intend to upload so that will get me above 1:1.

LostDoggy
24-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Can't wait for Wallis to arrive. His father is my all-time favourite player, and I can't wait to have no 24 back on my guernsey — funnily enough, the exact same guernsey I wore when his old man was playing — and I'll be sitting there with a 2 and a 4 on my sewing machine on draft day…

Desipura
24-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Can't wait for Wallis to arrive. His father is my all-time favourite player, and I can't wait to have no 24 back on my guernsey — funnily enough, the exact same guernsey I wore when his old man was playing — and I'll be sitting there with a 2 and a 4 on my sewing machine on draft day…
How old are you may I ask?

mighty_west
24-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Steve used to have a seat next to us on level 2 a few years back, he is a great Footscray man and a favourite of most of us Doggies fanatics, it is no wonder why his kid is rated so highly.

bulldogsman
24-09-2010, 04:26 PM

Do you use the bonus ratio? 250 points gets you 5GB of upload. I've never had any trouble with it, my ratio has always been over 1.

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Do you use the bonus ratio? 250 points gets you 5GB of upload. I've never had any trouble with it, my ratio has always been over 1.

I just found it. I have over 5,000 points.