PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Our Backline Coach

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I see that Leon has moved to Hawthorn and maybe whoever our backline coach is needs to move on as well.

The lack of method when we bring the ball back into play after a behind has been terrible this year.

Rather than bring it in quickly like we used to and rebound for an attack of our own ... this year we seem to wait until everyone mans up and then (usually that dope Hargrave) kicks it to himself and plays on and kicks it to 1 on 1 if we are lucky. Often a 1 on 2 or a 2 on 3 with the opposition having the advantage to get possession.

It has been horrible to watch and there simply hasnt appearded to be any method at all in the play.

chef
21-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Peter Dean and I think he's done a pretty good job.

jazzadogs
21-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I see that Leon has moved to Hawthorn and maybe whoever our backline coach is needs to move on as well.

The lack of method when we bring the ball back into play after a behind has been terrible this year.

Rather than bring it in quickly like we used to and rebound for an attack of our own ... this year we seem to wait until everyone mans up and then (usually that dope Hargrave) kicks it to himself and plays on and kicks it to 1 on 1 if we are lucky. Often a 1 on 2 or a 2 on 3 with the opposition having the advantage to get possession.

It has been horrible to watch and there simply hasnt appearded to be any method at all in the play.
I think our backline was our biggest strength throughout this year, and the fact that we had poor kick-ins is not a reason to move them (the backline coach) on.

I agree that our kick-ins have been terrible, but I wonder how much of that falls under the defensive coaches responsibilities. I would think that Eade should be taking control of things like kick-ins.

Mantis
21-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Peter Dean is the backline coach.

He doesn't have sole reponsibility in developing plans to bring the ball out from kick-ins, but he does have some input.

Rocco Jones
21-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I think our backline is our clear strength but as Mantis mentioned, Dean isn't solely responsible.

Greystache
21-09-2010, 09:50 PM

Well informed post :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
21-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Well informed post :rolleyes:

Unnecessary sarcasm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ReLoad
21-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Our backline statistically in about 4 key areas has performed the best it has since 1997.

The only obvious key stat this year has been very down has been scores from kick ins, one which we used to dominate. this traditionally inst a backline function as it revolves around offence.

Needless to say Peter Dean has been Excellent and is well liked, respected and has shown innovation.

He shouldnt be going anywhere.

Greystache
21-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Unnecessary sarcasm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who suggests sacking someone when they don't even know who they are???

Topdog
21-09-2010, 11:44 PM
And also what his job actually is.
Dean has done a great job but our kick ins do need work.

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Thats like saying we have a great forward set-up but unfortunately we cant kick straight. But its not the responsibility of the forward coach.

Mofra
22-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Thats like saying we have a great forward set-up but unfortunately we cant kick straight. But its not the responsibility of the forward coach.
I would assume that the team structure on kick-outs is the responsibility of the head coach, considering it generally invovles all 18 players on the paddock.
We were one of the best defensive units in the comp up until the round 19 smashing, and that includes Wood going from fringe player to established part of our best back 6.