PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Wallis = ??

Bulldog Revolution
20-10-2010, 04:41 PM
So often draft projections and comparisons can be somewhat meaningless

In the NBA every man and his dog was reported to be the next Jordan for years

That said sometimes they give you a sense of what a player is like

So I'm interested in what Wallis is like?

The talk is that he's a midfielder who can do both win it in close and get and use it. Talk is he is clever, quick but not blisteringly fast. Delivered a ludicrously good TAC cup grand final with 47 possies (a la Steele Sidebottom kicking 10)

Who is the modern day comparison for young Mitch?

Twodogs
20-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Yep even I was and I dont even like basketball.

Dazza
20-10-2010, 05:52 PM
So often draft projections and comparisons can be somewhat meaningless

That said sometimes they give you a sense of what a player is like

The talk is that he's a midfielder who can do both win it in close and get and use it. Talk is he is clever, quick but not blisteringly fast. Delivered a ludicrously good TAC cup grand final with 47 possies (a la Steele Sidebottom kicking 10)

Really? Who would have thought Roughead would have even been heard of by the NBA

GVGjr
20-10-2010, 05:55 PM

It's a good question but I'm finding it really hard to come up with a good comparison for Mitch.
I'm not for one second saying he's of the same caliber as Jimmy Bartel but he sort of racks up possessions quietly and makes other players a little better much like Bartel does.

stefoid
20-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds a bit like Simon black maybe?

bulldogsman
20-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Joel Selwood. Relentless attack on the ball. Huge engine, gut-busting running. Very supportive of his teammates. Can play an inside role but also a receiving role.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102382/default.aspx

This is from Mitch himself.

Greystache
20-10-2010, 06:15 PM
It's a good question but I'm finding it really hard to come up with a good comparison for Mitch.
I'm not for one second saying he's of the same caliber as Jimmy Bartel but he sort of racks up possessions quietly and makes other players a little better much like Bartel does.

I haven't seen a huge amount of him but he reminded me a bit of Matthew Boyd, not elite in any particular area, but no glaring weaknesses either. Good in close but can play outside too, not quick but not slow, reasonable kick but not elite, and just keeps accumulating possesions. What would you say GVGjr?

dogman
20-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I heard from a so called expert, that he plays alot like Robert Harvey use too.

GVGjr
20-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I haven't seen a huge amount of him but he reminded me a bit of Matthew Boyd, not elite in any particular area, but no glaring weaknesses either. Good in close but can play outside too, not quick but not slow, reasonable kick but not elite, and just keeps accumulating possesions. What would you say GVGjr?

He's a better prospect than Boyd but it's a good comparison.

LostDoggy
20-10-2010, 06:58 PM
For those old enough to hae seen Steve Wallis, Mitch plays just like his old man.

Doggy
20-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I hope we are not getting carried away with both Mitch and Libba. I like every one else on this forum am excited about their prospects, but are we expecting too much?

I have just read in the Hume Leader that neither boy finished in the top 3 of the Cannon's B&F.

B&F........Cameron Guthrie
2nd........Dion Prestia
3rd........Jordan Schroder

How many sleeps to round 1 2011

GVGjr
20-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I hope we are not getting carried away with both Mitch and Libba. I like every one else on this forum am excited about their prospects, but are we expecting too much?

I have just read in the Hume Leader that neither boy finished in the top 3 of the Cannon's B&F.

B&F........Cameron Guthrie
2nd........Dion Prestia
3rd........Jordan Schroder

How many sleeps to round 1 2011

No surprise really. School footy commitments mean they missed a bit of the season.

Doggy
20-10-2010, 07:14 PM
No surprise really. School footy commitments mean they missed a bit of the season.

Thanks.

I was hoping there was a good reason.:)

GVGjr
20-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks.

I was hoping there was a good reason.:)

Wallis missed some football with an injury as well.

By the way, Prestia was a top player all season for the Cannons and Guthrie is also a good footballer.

Greystache
20-10-2010, 07:30 PM
He's a better prospect than Boyd but it's a good comparison.

Thanks. Wow a better prospect than an All Australian? If he can defend he could become my favorite player!

Scorlibo
20-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I haven't seen all that much of him, but he is pretty much his own player, not a great deal like anyone in the AFL. You could say he plays like Bartel - inside or outside, neat kick, smart - but his style is very different to any current player, maybe moves a bit like Sam Mitchell and kicks in the same style as Michael Hurley - very loose drop of the ball.

lemmon
20-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I heard from a so called expert, that he plays alot like Robert Harvey use too.

I quite like the comparison, his kicking is precise and creative but he doesnt have the penetration of a Goddard or Gilbee, he wont be a purely outside receiver but will be quite a good runner of the ball even if he isnt quick. I can see the comparisons.

Throughandthrough
20-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Calm down, has he ever played a game against men yet, or only ever under age stuff?

Bulldog Revolution
20-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Lots of interesting insights

Doesn't sound like one for whom there is an obvious direct comparison

Probably Selwood is a good one to compare yourself to if you want to be drafted

Looking forwarding to seeing young Mitch have a good preseason and hopefully put his name forward for NAB cup

Go_Dogs
20-10-2010, 09:24 PM
My impression of him was 'linkman'.

He just works hard to get to space to receive the ball and create an option, but then also has the ability to win the ball in close. I tend to think in a Collingwood style, play the boundary line game plan a player like Mitch would be super effective.

There aren't really too many players that are similar to him, and that's make it difficult to assess how he might best cause damage at AFL level. Will be interesting to see how he develops over the coming season.

boydogs
20-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Lenny Hayes?

Greystache
20-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Lenny Hayes?

God that would be nice, especially in a prelim final!!

Scorlibo
20-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Lenny Hayes?

That's Libba ;), who despite being the second of our picks I am very excited about, and I think he has more natural talent than many are giving him credit for - more than Wallis I think. His work in close is obviously much publicised, but I have also been impressed with his long and accurate left boot and ball skills. I get the feeling Mitch will have to work harder than Libba will to become an AFL quality player, although both seem willing to work their arses off anyway.

comrade
21-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Lenny Hayes?

That's Libba ;),

Ward will be our Lenny.

Libba will be our Sam Mitchell.

Wallis, I'm not sure about yet.

GVGjr
21-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Wallis, I'm not sure about yet.

Its not easy finding a current player that is a good match for the way Wallis plays is it?

comrade
21-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Its not easy finding a current player that is a good match for the way Wallis plays is it?

He’s an unusual type. The play which keeps popping up when I try to find a comparison is Steel Sidebottom.

Mofra
21-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds a bit like Simon black maybe?
I've heard of one recruiter & player manager compare Libba's style of play to Simon Black - inside mid with very good footskills.

The same people also both rated Libba higher than Wallis, simply on the style of game they will take to AFL. Wallis cuts teams up when he finds space, and they said he wont be able to find as much time at AFL level, so will have to rush his disposal and they expect his efficientcy to drop.

Make no mistake, Wallis is very highly rated but not everyone thinks he's better than young Tom.

bornadog
21-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I've heard of one recruiter & player manager compare Libba's style of play to Simon Black - inside mid with very good footskills.

The same people also both rated Libba higher than Wallis, simply on the style of game they will take to AFL. Wallis cuts teams up when he finds space, and they said he wont be able to find as much time at AFL level, so will have to rush his disposal and they expect his efficientcy to drop.

Make no mistake, Wallis is very highly rated but not everyone thinks he's better than young Tom.

I haven't seen either of the boys play, does Wallis have pace?

Mofra
21-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Not super quick but quick enough to run to the right spots. At AFL level I'd guess he'll be more dangerous due to footy smarts & disposal ability than athletic ability.

Sockeye Salmon
21-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Libba tested a touch under 3 sec for 20m, Wallis a touch over.

Good results without being outstanding. Better than either of their fathers would have done.

Greystache
21-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Libba tested a touch under 3 sec for 20m, Wallis a touch over.

Good results without being outstanding. Better than either of their fathers would have done.

Libba testing under 3 secs for 20m was a really pleasant surprise for me, anything under 3 secs puts you in the top 20% of invitees. Given his kicking efficiency is very high, his pace is good, and his strength is actually his in and under work, he sounds like he has a lot to work with.

BulldogBelle
22-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Wallis looks and plays very much like his father Steve. Steve was a club captain and excellent player and our most successful coach with one win from one coaching job.
Young Wallis is faster than his father and looks taller.
So, compare him to his father, but faster, a bit more agile and I think a bit taller.

The Coon Dog
22-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Steve was a club captain and excellent player and our most successful coach with one win from one coaching job.

Can you shed some light on this, I have no recollection whatsoever of Wally coaching us, even just for 1 game.

Raw Toast
22-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I'll ask my recruiting source for more, but one impressive thing about Mitch was that his best games were also in his most important games of the season - at the National Champs and obviously also the TAC final as well.

BTW, my source had both Wallis and Liberatore as first round picks.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Wallis looks and plays very much like his father Steve. Steve was a club captain and excellent player and our most successful coach with one win from one coaching job.
So, compare him to his father, but faster, a bit more agile and I think a bit taller.

Let's not jump to conclusions too early. Steve Wallis proved himself a good player with 260 games behind him. All the comparisons do not weigh up until young Mitch Wallis is proven
at senior level.

KT31
23-10-2010, 12:28 AM

Pretty sure the only coaching Steve has done has been juniors.
Taller only bring's Mitch up to a height of todays equivalent players.
Let's not put to much pressure on the young blokes and just wish them every success.

Topdog
23-10-2010, 12:53 PM
The playing style thrown up in here sound like Swan.

alwaysadog
23-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Can you shed some light on this, I have no recollection whatsoever of Wally coaching us, even just for 1 game.

I don't know that it was a full coaching gig, but Terry Wallace and Brian Royal wished Wally hadn't gone out on such a disappointing note, ie at the end of '96 our worst season since '89.

At some stage in either '97 or '98 when we were flying he was invited up into the box and invited to call the shots.

That's the only coaching event I can think of that would qualify.

Scorlibo
23-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Highlights of Mitch:

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/299540/mitchell-wallis/

And Libba:

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/298114/thomas-liberatore/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMvW0SjoXLw

OLD SCRAGGer
23-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Highlights of Mitch:

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/299540/mitchell-wallis/

And Libba:

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/298114/thomas-liberatore/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMvW0SjoXLw

They both look VERY GOOD. Can't wait to get down to Whitten Oval when pre-season starts so I can see them close up !!!:)

LostDoggy
23-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Let's not put to much pressure on the young blokes and just wish them every success.

I must admit that I was thinking the same thing as I was reading all the posts - don't get me wrong, I am just as excited as everyone else to see how young Mitch (and Tom) play their footy, but let's not forget they are both young men with a long, and hopefully bright future in front of them - I wish them all the success in the world!

jeemak
24-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Libba testing under 3 secs for 20m was a really pleasant surprise for me, anything under 3 secs puts you in the top 20% of invitees. Given his kicking efficiency is very high, his pace is good, and his strength is actually his in and under work, he sounds like he has a lot to work with.

Agree they're good numbers for potential draftees. But guys that run around at the 3sec for 20 mark in the AFL are now a dime a dozen.

It's now a given good mids coming through need to hit that mark at least, like you I'm stoked they're not going to be behind in that respect already. I hope they don't lose any pace when they build their bodies for senior football. We can't afford to have more one paced or slow midielders coming into the team.

Raw Toast
28-10-2010, 11:01 PM
My recruiting mate likened Mitch to Leigh Montagna in playing style - very effective as an outside runner despite not being the fastest of movers. Obviously capable of winning his own ball as well, and he backed his kicking to continue to improve - said his work-rate is super-impressive and that this will help him make the necessary adjustments.

Now of course we've got to see him play, and I know the glowing reports do heap the pressure on, but he's a first round pick with a famous Dogs father, so there's always going to be a lot of pressure. Unlike most draftees, Mitch got to choose his destination, so I reckon he's pretty lucky and will gladly take the pressure that comes with his situation (same for Tom L as well).

dogman
04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
In today's Herald Sun, they had a Phantom Draft and they named Mundy from Freo as the most similar player to Wallis. I hope they are talking about look alikes and not playing style, as I don't rate him as a player. He only plays well when, the team is playing well and disapears far to often.

The Coon Dog
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
In today's Herald Sun, they had a Phantom Draft and they named Mundy from Freo as the most similar player to Wallis. I hope they are talking about look alikes and not playing style, as I don't rate him as a player. He only plays well when, the team is playing well and disapears far to often.

He only won the B&F at Freo this year!

LostDoggy
04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Mundy is a gun, and I was actually thinking exactly of him when I read this thread -- the hair, especially.

Again, Mundy is a bona-fide star -- if he played for one of the bigger Melbourne teams you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Sedat
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Mundy is a gun, and I was actually thinking exactly of him when I read this thread -- the hair, especially.

Again, Mundy is a bona-fide star -- if he played for one of the bigger Melbourne teams you wouldn't hear the end of it.
Yeah, but he's no Koops :o

chef
04-11-2010, 05:43 PM

This^^^

I would love for Mitch to one day be as good as Mundy.

Mofra
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Given the leather poisening Wally gets at junior level, will this translate to a wing position at senior level? Will be interesting to see where the club develop him.

GVGjr
05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Given the leather poisening Wally gets at junior level, will this translate to a wing position at senior level? Will be interesting to see where the club develop him.

You would have to think that he would be in the midfield rotations at Williamstown next season but I think he is versatile enough to play off a half back, wing and even half forward.

OLD SCRAGGer
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
You would have to think that he would be in the midfield rotations at Williamstown next season but I think he is versatile enough to play off a half back, wing and even half forward.

So you don't think he'll play in the Doggies team next year? :confused:

The Coon Dog
05-11-2010, 11:28 AM

You would have to think he'd start off at Williamstown first, remember, he's never played against men before, just kids his own age. Gotta crawl before he can walk.

Desipura
05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
His dad was able to play year one, Wally jnr may be the same.

The Coon Dog
05-11-2010, 11:50 AM
His dad was able to play year one, Wally jnr may be the same.

No he didn't. Steve played a few reserves games under permit in 1980, played under 19's in 1981, played 7 games in the reserves in 1982 & broke his leg (still won the ressies B&F) & made his debut in round 1, 1983.

GVGjr
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Not from game one. For a guy that has played between school football and the TAC for the last two years it seems to be the more logical approach.

Mofra
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Not from game one. For a guy that has played between school football and the TAC for the last two years it seems to be the more logical approach.
He is a major ball winner who finds space and time, and he will have less of both when playing against men. Even if he debuts next year it would be hard to see him becoming a regular fixture in the side.

GVGjr
05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
He is a major ball winner who finds space and time, and he will have less of both when playing against men. Even if he debuts next year it would be hard to see him becoming a regular fixture in the side.

It probably all depends on how the season pans out. If we play to our potential and injuries are somewhat kind to us then opportunities will be limited but if we have a bad season they might sling a few youngsters for a decent run at it.
I think both Wallis and Libertore can debut next season and that would be a great outcome.

LostDoggy
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
It probably all depends on how the season pans out. If we play to our potential and injuries are somewhat kind to us then opportunities will be limited but if we have a bad season they might sling a few youngsters for a decent run at it.
I think both Wallis and Libertore can debut next season and that would be a great outcome.

By your logic, wouldn't it be a better outcome if neither of them debuted, as that would mean we would have played to our potential and hopefully won the flag?

GVGjr
05-11-2010, 01:03 PM
By your logic, wouldn't it be a better outcome if neither of them debuted, as that would mean we would have played to our potential and hopefully won the flag?

Doesn't matter if a side is performing or not you can always find room to debut a player who is fit enough and ready.
There are normally more opportunities if the side isn't performing though.

For the last 3 years even where we have finished in the top 4, Rocket hasn't been bad at getting some games into the youngsters. Wood, Jones, Roughead and Grant and some rookies all got decent runs at it this year.
I'd expect Howard to get a go next season as well and maybe Cordy.

LostDoggy
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Doesn't matter if a side is performing or not you can always find room to debut a player who is fit enough and ready.
There are normally more opportunities if the side isn't performing though.

For the last 3 years even where we have finished in the top 4, Rocket hasn't been bad at getting some games into the youngsters. Wood, Jones, Roughead and Grant and some rookies all got decent runs at it this year.
I'd expect Howard to get a go next season as well and maybe Cordy.

Totally agree -- I was just being facetious. :)

boydogs
06-11-2010, 12:39 AM

He will start in the WB midfield round 1 IMO. Cooney was the same.

GVGjr
06-11-2010, 12:43 AM

That's high praise.

boydogs
06-11-2010, 01:09 AM
That's high praise.

He was dominating under 18's in 09. 47 touches in the GF. Been training with the club for ages. Not just your average draftee.

EasternWest
06-11-2010, 01:29 AM

Maybe. I have to admit I don't know enough about Mitch to say whether he will or won't, but we're a different team now to when Cooney started. We were so desperate when he was drafted that even he admits he played too soon. I'm not sure our circumstances now require us to rush Mitch in the same way.

jeemak
06-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Cooney was gifted with prodigious (ridiculously) talent, quick even when carrying a few and had the potential to be an elite athlete. He was always going to get a game in 2004. But, Cooney in the shape he started his career wouldn't get an early first year game in 2011.

I suspect (don't suspect, know) Mitch will begin season 2011 at The Kennel in much better shape than Coons did, but with the team at a different stage of development he'll need to work his ring off to push for a spot early on. His situation reminds me a lot of Callan Wards. If he does the work at VFL level in his first year he'll get a few games, and his game will adapt to a level required to play against men consistently in 2012 after he's had that opportunity.

chef
06-11-2010, 07:42 AM

Barring injury he will be behind Boyd, Cross, Picken, Cooney, Griffen, Ward, Sherman, Reid and Moles(you could throw Higgins, Hill, Addison and Gia in there too) for a mid field spot.

Cooney didn't have this much competition in his first year

Bulldog Joe
06-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Wallis will obviously have to work hard for a spot and he will also be competing with Liberatore for a run in the midfield.

Comparisons with Cooney are not valid as the side has many more options than then (as pointed out in a few posts). Cooney also came from playing against men in the SANFL.

A more apt comparison would be Jake Melsham at Essendon (GF medallist in 09). Melsham got a few games and acquitted himself well, but was at a club with far fewer midfield options.

If Mitch and Libba merit any more than 5 to 10 games in 2011 they will have done very well.

GVGjr
06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Wallis will obviously have to work hard for a spot and he will also be competing with Liberatore for a run in the midfield.

Comparisons with Cooney are not valid as the side has many more options than then (as pointed out in a few posts). Cooney also came from playing against men in the SANFL.

A more apt comparison would be Jake Melsham at Essendon (GF medallist in 09). Melsham got a few games and acquitted himself well, but was at a club with far fewer midfield options.

If Mitch and Libba merit any more than 5 to 10 games in 2011 they will have done very well.

Good post and a nice comparison to Melkshem.

bornadog
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM

5 games each would be a big win anything more a bonus.

Mofra
06-11-2010, 12:09 PM
5 games each would be a big win anything more a bonus.
Arguably, 5 games each would be terrible as our established midfielders would have dropped the ball to allow two skinny kids manage 10 games between them.

boydogs
06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Barring injury he will be behind Boyd, Cross, Picken, Cooney, Griffen, Ward, Sherman, Reid and Moles(you could throw Higgins, Hill, Addison and Gia in there too) for a mid field spot.

Cooney didn't have this much competition in his first year

Higgins, Sherman and Gia will start forward. Disagree on Reid, Moles, Hill & Addison. That still leaves 6 ahead of him though, might sneak on the bench if all are fit.

The point about the increased competition for spots in 2011 v 2004 is certainly valid.

bornadog
06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Arguably, 5 games each would be terrible as our established midfielders would have dropped the ball to allow two skinny kids manage 10 games between them.

Not necessarily as they may play forward and rotate in the middle. There are always going to be injuries that create opportunities. Its more to the point whether they are good enough to play AFL in their first season at the club.

mighty_west
06-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Thats the big one for me, Cooney played quite a few games for West Adelaide, against men in the SANFL, which would have to be a step up from school footy @ under 18's, at the very least he could snag a NAB Cup game or 2 to get a taste of it [even though most clubs play the kids early on], and obviously take things from there.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Maybe, but premiership sides have always been able to blood new talent. Hawthorn in '08 with Rioli, Geelong with Selwood, Collingwood with Sidebottom.

Rarely the full midfield group will be playing at full peak anyway. Some will be injured or out of form, allowing players like Wallis/Libba to grab opportunities that are often presented to first year players. More and more - these days - we're seeing young kids have a pretty good impact on a football side.

As with the above, 5 games each would be a great win. Anything more from either one of them, and that would be outstanding.

azabob
29-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Mitch Wallis start to the 2012 season has been extremely promising. He was dropped after round one which raised quite a few eyebrows on this board, however he went back to the VFL and was in the best if not best on ground for the next two weeks and earned a call up in against Melbourne.

People have commented previously his disposal and decision making isn't flash.

Without having foxtel it is hard for me to comment, but from what I have heard and read he is starting to pick up the pace of the game and against GWS even managed to kick a set shot from 50 meters without any trouble. (According to ABC radio)

Is his disposal still a worry or now he has picked up the pace of the game his skills and decision making has improved accordingly?

Or am I way off the mark?

Dazza
29-04-2012, 03:45 PM
He is looking a lot more comfortable out there. Has lost that deer in the headlights aspect of his game that he had a bit when trying to make a decision with the ball last year.

He seems to be getting most of his touches in tight and using handballs.

Going forward his disposal will probably never be really damaging but he seems to not be rushed into making a decision any more which will cut back his clangers a heap.

FrediKanoute
29-04-2012, 05:46 PM
For those old enough to hae seen Steve Wallis, Mitch plays just like his old man.

I think the way he plays resembles his old man pre knee injury. After Steve did his knee he was a different player.

always right
29-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I think the way he plays resembles his old man pre knee injury. After Steve did his knee he was a different player.

How did Steve change in your view?

Mofra
30-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Mitch has clearly worked hard on his kicking - he kicks it longer the Steve from what I remember. 2 sets shots from 50m in the last two weeks went through, and his vision is excellent.

I expected him to take a few years to get to a Priddis type level but his vision means he could surpass him.

Maddog37
30-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Mitch has clearly worked hard on his kicking - he kicks it longer the Steve from what I remember. 2 sets shots from 50m in the last two weeks went through, and his vision is excellent.

I expected him to take a few years to get to a Priddis type level but his vision means he could surpass him.

Are we comparing hair cuts now??:D

Mofra
30-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Are we comparing hair cuts now??:D
Dahlhaus to ruck next game against West Coast ;)

DragzLS1
30-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Dahlhaus to ruck next game against West Coast ;)

haha god help us if thats the case!

I think Mitch is looking alot more confortable and looks like he belongs out there. Am excited with the future of our mids in Wallis, Libba, Dahl and Smith. Going to be a great 2016 season :)

Remi Moses
30-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Been good the last two weeks, as he looks more comfortable at the level.
It's his second season and I think expectations and reality didn't quite meet.

immortalmike
30-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I know this is very high praise but does anyone else see a bit of Scotty West with the way he uses his hands. His vision and football brain seems pretty good... Too early to tell whether he'll continue on this track but some good signs.

azabob
30-04-2012, 07:45 PM
What has impressed me is his attitude, by all accounts he thought he should have played more games last year and wasn't happy and expressed it so. This year he was dropped early but still kept his head up and fought his way back in.

Eastdog
28-04-2015, 06:28 PM
How have you guys found Mitch's season this year. His certainly on the up after thinking he may struggle.

bulldogtragic
28-04-2015, 07:12 PM
How have you guys found Mitch's season this year. His certainly on the up after thinking he may struggle.

Hasn't played for 2 games. Not sure I can rate him.

Twodogs
28-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Hasn't played for 2 games. Not sure I can rate him.

He was pretty good in the first couple of games. I think a few of the younger blokes walk a bit taller when Wally is nearby.

comrade
28-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Crucial to our midfield as we move through the season. His hardness and quick hands are top shelf and his decision making in space is only improving. Can do a defensive job whilst still accumulating.

Every good team needs a soldier like Wally and with Libba out, we need him more than ever.

stefoid
28-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Hes had some ups and downs but hes still on an upward trajectory.

Its an interesting time for the youngsters in our midfield without Boyd and Libba in there.

Its amazing actually that Libba has gone down and Wallis has stepped up and then Wallis has gone down and Dalhaus + Jong have stepped up. We are on such a steep learning curve.

craigsahibee
29-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Wally will be elite. This kid will do everything he can to succeed in the AFL. Mitch's form before breaking his hand last year and his first 2 games this year was exceptional. Libba's injury has forced us to be more attacking around the clearances and has proven that Mitch is more than a run with player.